Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The 1,000 Members of "One Million Moms" and Their Toothless Attempt to Spite/Bite Oreo Cookies

Opinions
- TheWashington Post

"The Latest Sheer Idiocy from Conservative Homophobes: Boycotting Oreos"

Opinion by Colbert I. King
October 23 at 3:41 PM ET

"Credit the group One Million Moms with spurring me to brave covid-19-struck Washington, D.C., and make a beeline to the grocery store to purchase some Oreo cookies.
I could do no less in light of a scurrilous campaign the organization has launched against Oreo and its parent company, Mondelez International.

Not to be confused with the Million Mom March gun-safety organization, OneMillionMoms.com is an online ministry of the American Family Association, a self-described “conservative, pro-family” organization based in Tupelo, Miss.

One Million Moms is out of sorts because Oreo has joined with the nonprofit PFLAG — an organization of supportive parents, families and allies of LGBTQ people — to release “Rainbow Oreos.” These are described as cookies filled with Oreo cream in the colors of the Pride flag, and the company has launched the new product with a moving ad depicting a daughter and her partner introducing their relationship to her parents.

Here is the One Million Moms description of that ad: “The commercial focuses on the mother approving of her daughter’s girlfriend, but the father is hesitant and has reservations. He later has a change of heart and even displays his acceptance of her lifestyle by painting his picket fence in rainbow colors to further show his approval. The advertisement ends with: ‘A loving world starts with a loving home.’ Followed by: ‘Show you’re a proud parent #PROUDPARENT.’ ”
Lovely, isn’t it? Well, not to One Million Moms. The group is downright apoplectic."

Pandemic? Nah. Preservation of democracy? Nope. Widespread low morale among Americans? Who cares? These mothers are outraged by a cookie commercial!

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 2:09 AM

So anybody who doesn’t eat high-carb processed food is a bigot. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 4:13 PM

I will seriously buy Oreos for the first time in years, even if I just donate, give them away, or toss them.

These fucking women deserve to die.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 4:16 PM

I actually got choked up by reading the description of the Oreo commercial.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 4:19 PM

PFLAG has sold out to tr-ns, so there is literally no side to root for here.

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 4:58 PM

Black cookies matter.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 5:02 PM

All cookies matter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 5:07 PM

1 million Karens

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 5:14 PM

What else would you expect from a product made by MondeLEZ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 5:25 PM

I really wanted to try one of these "Most Stuf" Oreos, but they have been impossible to find. Someone was selling one on Amazon for nearly $40! I guess they must be a limited edition or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 5:26 PM

Since many of these Christian conservatives have a issue with weight, due in part to being sexually repressed, it might be beneficial to them to boycott Oreos and get their fat asses to an exercise class.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 9:56 PM

What woman wouldn't want to be portrayed like this? Huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 10:44 PM

'One Million Moms' is really just one person in the employ of the American Family Association - Monica Cole.

The crazy shines out of her eyes, just like it does Michele Bachmann's, or Amy Coney Barrett's. Like looking into IT's 'deadlights.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2020 10:57 PM

More like a few cunts and a FB page.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2020 11:06 PM

I hope they're using the REAL Rainbow, not the fake BLM & Trans-raping the rainbow version

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2020 11:24 PM

I love lemon Oreos.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 1:53 AM

I want blue Oreos!

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 2:00 AM

Speaking of one person organizations, WHET Wm Donohue, President of the "Catholic League"? He used to be on tv constantly, angrily bloviating until it looked like he was going to stroke out. He's still alive, however. Any of you New Yorkers see him up and about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 2:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!