Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

After Covid

How do you think people will react once Covid is sufficiently contained? Do you think they will live in moderation or do you think society will ramp up the partying, the shopping, the drunken orgies to make up for lost time?

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 5:53 PM

I think more people will be working from home now that corporations and companies realize they can pass on the cost of real estate to their employees.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 3:10 PM

Based on history, after wars, revolution, depressions, plagues...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 4:35 PM

Masks are here to stay

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 5:09 PM

I will be letting loose...I'm not getting any younger, you know.

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 5:18 PM

Agree R3 and hopefully some of these newfound diligent thorough disinfecting routines as well

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 5:18 PM

Nothing will change

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 5:44 PM

I don’t think Covid is going to be contained for a long time. In the US, we missed our chance to do that quickly, like with SARS. It also looks to me like any vaccine would only be effective for several months, much like a flu shot. So we will probably be dealing with huge waves and smaller upticks in infections for a few years. Eventually, our immune response will be better at combating it and it won’t be so dangerous.

But Trump may have done irreparable damage to the public’s ability to take this seriously by stoking conspiracy theories about Covid and downplaying its seriousness. If 30-40% of the population consistently resists things like masks, social distancing, contact tracing, and an eventual vaccine, Covid could be a big problem for a decade or more.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 5:44 PM

We will get Covid and flu shots every year and live with it the way we live with flu under those circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 5:50 PM

1:99 % will stay

Tax havens and loopholes will stay

Lobbyists will stay

Banksters will stay

Military industrial complex will stay

Austerity politics will stay

Racism and identity politics will stay

Privatization will stay

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 5:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!