Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's your favourite music video?

Don't care too much about them anymore because they are all so freaking hooooochie, and who want's to see that? But this one from Sia always gets me. I love the choreography and Yay! capezio for the nude outfits. Also cage as metaphor. Exactly my experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2020 6:45 PM

I like this one too. Charlie Puth w the Wiz Khalifa rap and the movie shots. "When I See You Again"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 4:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 4:53 AM

‘Chandelier’ by Sia is gorgeous also, op.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 5:05 AM

I love this one and still holds up. So many today are derivative of this! Blondie Rapture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 5:19 AM

Twilight Sad is uneven as a band, but I love this song, and this is definitely my favorite video of all time. It's sooo eerie and weird. I've never seen anything else like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 5:19 AM

Sorry, they must have made an alternate video for the song? I have to find the original video somewhere. This isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 5:20 AM

That Sia thing was horrible, both video and autotuned to death

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 5:22 AM

Stylistically, this Human Nature by Madonna. It still seems fresh. But then black and white is classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 5:24 AM

OMG this is weird, it's like they have scrubbed the original video completely off the internet.

Basically, it takes place in a vintage-looking women's locker room, and there's all these women in bathing suits, and they all file out except for one woman in a 30s-style white bathing suit and a swim cap. And she is now alone in the locker room, and she starts like, climbing up the walls, and looking directly into the camera the whole time, really creepy but sad. And then she goes into the sink room and washes the dye out of her hair. It sounds less interesting than it is. Oh and it was all filmed in one take. It's a very eerie and lonely vibe.

But they've taken it down. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 5:26 AM

Esperanza Spalding at the White House honoring Stevie Wonder.

I watch this to remind me of more normal times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 5:32 AM

Very cute, super gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 5:36 AM

New Order had a number of visual artist direct their videos in the 1980s and the results were stunning. One of the best is Bizarre Love Triangle, which was done by Robert Longo and uses imagery based on his series Men in the Cities, which eerily predicts similar things from 9/11.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2020 5:43 AM

Daft Punk’s Around the World looks on the surface like a playful dance video, but in reality each of the five sets of fours dancers represent an instrumental (including voice) line and their movement is corresponding to what’s going on in the song and the dance floor is in the shape of a record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2020 5:51 AM

OP here. WOW! I am loving the thoughtfulness and artistic considerations of these posts. Maybe our culture is not doomed if there is still a love for artistry? I hope...

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2020 6:13 AM

Classic! The low budget and "straight" dancers give it a unique charm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2020 6:16 AM

Solange is incredible at visual presentation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2020 6:17 AM

Here's another one for Daft Punk using anime before it was ubiquitous. "One More Time".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2020 6:20 AM

Here’s mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2020 6:27 AM

My favorite by Beyonce ft. cute boys as backup dancers.

Yes, I'm a basic bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2020 6:31 AM

Reminds me of my youth...stayed up all night to tape Live Aid on the VHS... also, Bono's mullet is amazing. US "Bad" plus Bono's ad libs of Ruby Tues and Lou Reed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2020 6:46 AM

Bruno Mars channeling Prince and Stevie Wonder. LOVE!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2020 7:52 AM

Miserable by Lit. Such a fun video!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2020 6:24 PM

Nothing perks me up better than hearing about Mu Mu Land

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2020 6:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!