Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

For second straight day, U.S. Covid cases reach new high

For the second day in a row, the United States set a daily record for coronavirus cases when nearly 78,000 infections were reported.

Friday's 77,993 cases, as tallied by NBC News, topped Thursday's 77,640. The previous high of 75,723 was set July 29.

The new benchmarks were hit as the pandemic has accelerated at a pace not seen since the summer and as many local governments have reimposed restrictions to stop the spread of a virus that has killed 225,108 people in the U.S., according to the latest tally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 8:59 AM

no one wants to follow the rules. the us is infested with asshole cunts!

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 2:48 AM

Some people will die, most people don't. Some restrictions are way over the top. People cannot continue to live like this indefinitely, it's time to get on with our lives, not live like hermits!

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 2:57 AM

r2, deserved to be shredded by a rabid dog!

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 2:59 AM

...But freedom!!

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 3:01 AM

Hold me David. I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 3:09 AM

We're tjrning the corner!

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 3:24 AM

[quote] Some people will die, most people don't. Some restrictions are way over the top. People cannot continue to live like this indefinitely, it's time to get on with our lives, not live like hermits!

Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 3:27 AM

So many masks to chose from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 3:27 AM

Friday's cases are now up to almost 83,000.

With a few more hours left to go.

Last week the daily counts were averaging in the 40,000s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 3:34 AM

I’m worried my mom is going to die. She’s 80. Her boyfriend is extremely careless and has terrible hygiene even in the best of times. He hasn’t changed the sheets on his bed for over fifteen years.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 3:36 AM

Ugh, that's horrible, R10, especially since your mom's a squirter.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 3:43 AM

Maybe mom is better off dead than living like an animal r10. Actually, animals are cleaner than that.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2020 3:50 AM

Thanks, Trump.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2020 3:52 AM

Long term effects look excruciating and will make the opioid crisis skyrocket

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2020 3:57 AM

Health effects of Covid, or the societal effects of the pandemic? Or both?

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2020 4:00 AM

New cases are even higher per capita in France, Spain, UK

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2020 4:04 AM

High cases - low deaths. I hope that trend continues. April/May was scary!

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2020 8:45 PM

It is very possible the the shocking deaths seen around the globe earlier in the year were a prelude of worse to come.

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 7:56 AM

R2 if NY could keep the cases down (and we have far more challenges than any other state, with such a dense population, public transportation etc) surely all these other states could have and then some if they knew how to follow the damn rules (basically, wear a mask and distance).

There’s no need to shut down if you just act like a reasonable individual but I’m afraid the actions of all these shit states are going to force that to happen. Hopefully not.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 8:01 AM

[quote]There’s no need to shut down if you just act like a reasonable individual...

But they [bold]aren't[/bold and [bold]refuse[/bold] to and there lies the problem.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 8:58 AM

Oops.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 8:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!