Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can you believe the election is only 10 days away?

In 10 days, the fate of our country will be decided.

It will either be a joyous occasion, or it will be the worst day of our lives.

How will you be marking the occasion?

Taking the day off and drinking from 8 a.m.?

Turning off all electronic devices, popping a xanax and sleeping until November 4?

Burying your head in the sand?

by Anonymousreply 60November 2, 2020 1:31 PM

I don't think the Senate will be decided on Election Day. I think there will be challenges in a few state and we won't know about South Carolina, North Carolina, Colorado for a few days. Unless there's a landslide, DJT is going to challenge the outcome or disrupt the election.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 1:48 AM

Looking at the poll, I'm shocked that the majority don't want to watch the election results.

What's wrong with you people???

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 1:49 AM

Vivian Vance

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 1:50 AM

And right when you think you haven’t been hit over the head with enough election insanity, Christmas decorations are already going up.

Can’t I just hibernate until January??

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 1:50 AM

No offense, r4, but, I'm coming from the opposite feeling.

It's because of the election and a late Thanksgiving I'm putting up my tree up for the first time ever Wednesday Evening before Thanksgiving Day.

oh, yes, I need a little Christmas...

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 1:54 AM

I'm going to Palm Springs for the week, Just in case, I don't want to be in LA.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 1:57 AM

Wise move r6. It should be fairly mellow here. Weather is glorious now, a cocktail or two, an evening swim. Calgon, take me away.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 2:01 AM

R5- I am too. Bring on the twinkly lights.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote] I don't want to be in LA

Why not, R6?

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 2:04 AM

I'm going to stock up on food basics and TP before election day in case a civil war breaks out. Trumpaloons are heavily armed and batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 2:04 AM

The election results will not be on that night.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 2:04 AM

You don't know that, R11.

If it's a landslide, then it will most definitely be decided.

Biden will claim victory, whether DUMP concedes or not.

And if DUMP wins in a landslide, Biden will concede. Because he's a decent human being.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2020 2:06 AM

Because R9, if Trump wins it is going to riots galore and I just don't want to be here for that. There is very tense vibe here and I don't want to be around it for election day. My vote is in and confirmed online counted. I can chill by the pool and relax regardless, see what's happening at home from 90 miles away. LAPD is expecting riots and I've received emails from my city on protocols. We had curfews during the Floyd protests, like you you couldn't leave your house after a certain time. I was a kid during the 92 protests and it was scary.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2020 2:13 AM

This is NOT a close year. Nowhere near as close as 2016. Most Americans hate Trump's fucking guts and voters give Biden wide margins of support.

We'll know the night of Nov. 3 that enough Americans voted to legally replace Trump with Biden in the electoral college and give Democrats control of the Senate — with two Senate seats still up-in-the-air and favoring the Democrats in runoff elections for Georgia.

But Trump will never lose legitimately in his own mind and that's where it will get messy. Trump or his campaign have already admitted they're preparing for a legal fight to install him through the Supreme Court like George W. Bush and he could be suing for months. They've also admitted a plan for appealing directly to state legislatures to change the electoral votes in his favor. Or he and his batshit supporters could riot or try to stage a coup with Russian aid or something.

But by January, Trump and his sucker legions still won't have enough numbers to stay in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2020 2:51 AM

I’m scared. Whether Trump wins or loses, no matter if it’s close or a landslide, he will create chaos guaranteed. Perfect time for a remote vacation while things shake out.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2020 4:35 AM

Just smoke copious amounts of pot, silly.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2020 5:32 AM

R5 I took my Christmas tree down at the beginning of Feb this year. I put it back up mid-March (with just white lights) when the stay at home lockdown started. I needed something to make me happy. It's still up and lighted every night. So in Nov I just need to put decorations back on it.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2020 5:51 AM

MSNBC keeps going on and on about how Trump is falling in the polls, but I really hope they don't get overconfident.

I don't want this to be 2016 all over again!

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2020 5:37 PM

If trump loses, is he going ballistic. Trump wining or losing is a dangerous clusterfuck for the American people. If he wins, will will descend into darkness, violence and Hitler/Nazi level Fascism. Democracy will end. If he loses, the lame duck session and succession period will be the most crazy and violent in our history.

Just VOTE!

Vote for Joe Biden!

Vote Blue Down Ballot!

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2020 10:47 PM

I voted today. I’m just glad to get it over with.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2020 10:48 PM

Just reading this thread is giving me anxiety.

But I will spend November 3 glued to DL.

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2020 10:51 PM

I won't start paying attention until 8pm Nov.3. I'll be drinking until it's time for bed.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2020 10:52 PM

I was glued to the TV at work and then at home all during the 2016 election day. We actually had a viewing party at work, and it was my stupid idea, so I feel like I jinxed it and should not watch it at all this time.

I felt sick to my stomach that entire night, calling and texting friends and family asking each other WTF IS HAPPENING. Can't do that again so my plan is to sleep through it.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2020 11:31 PM

[quote] I was glued to the TV at work and then at home all during the 2016 election day. We actually had a viewing party at work, and it was my stupid idea, so I feel like I jinxed it and should not watch it at all this time.

Did your party look like this, R23?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2020 3:16 AM

On John Heilemann’s podcast from last week,Stuart Stevens, Romney’s campaign manager posited that the greatest danger to democracy from the pro-Trump forces will not come post-election but in the immediate days leading up to November 3.

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 4:47 AM

R24 I'd say at the work party we all had the expression of the lady in blue on the right, then at home in the evening we turned into the lady in the middle, and for the last four years we have been the weeping lady on the left.

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2020 4:58 AM

I think I'll be treating myself to some marzipan cake.

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2020 5:02 AM

Thank God I'm due for another refill of my Ambien.

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2020 8:58 AM

Not only the fate of the US will be decided, but also in a way, that of the world. The actions of the US president do have an impact on the rest of the world. With a decent, cautious president, like Obama was, then these actions can be a force for good. With a malignant and ignorant creature like Trump, who’s hellbent on destroying the old order of multilateral cooperation between nations (Paris agreement on climate change, Iran nuclear deal, NATO, etc.), the world becomes a much more dangerous place for everyone.

The whole world will be watching this election with bated breath. A Biden victory will be a victory for the planet. A Trump victory will be a gigantic “fuck you” from America to the world. I guess we’ll know where we stand in a way. The EU would become the last remaining bastion of liberal democracy. This could be a wake up call for better cooperation and integration among members in the face of rising threats from old foes like China, and Russia, and yes new ones like Trump’s America..

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2020 10:21 AM

It isn't like a tree falling in the woods, if I don't watch, it will still happen, and I am tired of breathless both siderism. That's why I am spending that evening doing anything else at all. Good on all of you with the constitution to watch. I voted, that's what I could do.

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2020 10:24 AM

I have to drive my pet ferret 3 hours away for a dental procedure on that day so I guess I won't be as invested as I first thought.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2020 10:36 AM

As DL calls it, asbestos eyes. Won’t be able to look away no matter what. I’ll also be on DL, Twitter and on my phone with friends. I’m scared, but beginning to be hopeful. So much is at stake.

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2020 10:49 AM

I may only get my news from DL that day ... if I can have that much self-control.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2020 9:52 PM

They keep saying we won’t have anything approaching official results until days or weeks after the election so there’s no point staying up late on election night. As far as social unrest, the approach of cold weather and the ongoing spikes in Covid infections are going to put paid to all that Wolverine Watchmen crap. We’re going to be in survival mode soon and for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2020 10:06 PM

We are not going to have the official election results on election day or the next day. We are in for a batshit ride until inauguration day (mid-January 2021).

Just VOTE!

Vote for Joe Biden!

Vote Blue Down Ballot!

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2020 11:02 PM

I need a script for Valium

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2020 12:21 AM

I’ll be working. What else would I be doing on a Tuesday?

After work I’ll have a cocktail and dinner with my husband, then I’ll doomscroll for a while before going to bed, knowing full well that the result won’t be known until Wednesday morning at the earliest.

Oh, and I’ve already voted.

by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote] I need a script for Valium

What's the easiest way to get one, R36?

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2020 2:01 AM

R29 is right!

by Anonymousreply 39October 26, 2020 11:08 AM

Thank God. I'm sick of the ads and getting harassed 10 times a day with phone calls and texts and to see if my ballots arrived/if i need help filling it out/if i've mailed it. I can't even find solace in The Golden Girls because Hallmark has switched over to 24/7 Christmas movies until January. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 40October 26, 2020 12:13 PM

I’ll actually be a poll worker

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2020 12:23 PM

What state r41?

by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2020 12:25 PM

OT, sorry, but I sure hope Muriel doesn’t do a lockdown here on Election Day/night. I will be glued to DL and want to see everyone’s reactions.

by Anonymousreply 43October 26, 2020 12:34 PM

R42, PA

by Anonymousreply 44October 26, 2020 12:42 PM

It'll be just another Tuesday workday for me. However, I work from so I can keep an eye on the news if I want.

However, I do recommend people find something lighthearted to do or watch on that day. To find some calm or laughter on what is going to be a stressful evening.

by Anonymousreply 45October 26, 2020 12:42 PM

[quote]I do recommend people find something lighthearted to do or watch on that day.

Hallmark to the rescue r45!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 26, 2020 12:46 PM

R41, that should be a nice change from being a pole worker. Cleaner booths, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 47October 26, 2020 6:04 PM

One week away!

by Anonymousreply 48October 26, 2020 10:25 PM

Find something calm? I'm gonna be glued to the TV with nachos, pizza and buffalo wings! It's going to be a lot of fun! That how sure I am.

by Anonymousreply 49October 30, 2020 8:55 AM

Now only four days away!

by Anonymousreply 50October 30, 2020 4:46 PM

Just Focus on VOTING!

VOTE for Joe Biden/Kamala Harris!

VOTE Blue Down Ballot!

by Anonymousreply 51October 31, 2020 6:10 AM

Vote for who speaks to you. Vote with your gut. Don't subscribe to group think or do if that's what works.. The choice is yours and there is no shame in who you vote for. Do what's best for you and your life. This is America. We have freedom.

by Anonymousreply 52November 1, 2020 9:26 AM

Pray about it and be content, or else do whatever it is that atheists do.

by Anonymousreply 53November 1, 2020 9:45 AM

[quote] The choice is yours and there is no shame in who you vote for.

There absolutely is shame if you vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 54November 1, 2020 10:21 AM

No, because it’s only two days away.

by Anonymousreply 55November 1, 2020 10:47 AM

Two days!

Tick tock, motherfuckers!

by Anonymousreply 56November 1, 2020 1:49 PM

Democracy is on the line. Americans Lives are on the line.

Vote for Joe Biden!

Vote Blue Down Ballot!

by Anonymousreply 57November 1, 2020 8:08 PM

Save democracy by voting for whom you are told to!

by Anonymousreply 58November 2, 2020 6:44 AM

Save democracy by not listening to the Russian troll at R58!

by Anonymousreply 59November 2, 2020 12:58 PM

One day away!!

I'm getting nervous now.

by Anonymousreply 60November 2, 2020 1:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!