Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best deep cut or obscure sexual songs

Of any genre, so long as they are unknown to the casual listener, or wouldn't instantly spring to mind when thinking of sex.

'Grab Thy Hand' by Chevelle is a favourite of mine. It conveys the desperation and sinister edge of male lust in a forthright way, and the pulsing guitar mantra combined with the yelps and growls of the singer create a darkly-sexual atmosphere.

[quote] How I long for release.../God, how I long to grab thy hand..../May I come, grab hold, just this once..../Can't I come and grab thy hand?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 30, 2020 12:04 AM

Love the veiled innuendo of this underrated gem - most people won't even realize what it's really about!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2020 10:42 PM

“sister” by Prince

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2020 11:04 PM

R2 good one. Prince has so many unknown sexy songs, and that's not even going into the thousand bootlegs and unreleased vault cuts...

IMO one of the best of his, that everyone overlooks, is 'Mr. Goodnight' from PLANET EARTH (2007, it was the free album he gave away). Critics hated it, calling it a cheesy 'pimp rap', but years later I'd admit sheepishly that I think it's a smooth hyperromantic piece of spoken-word seduction. When it comes to Prince, you really have to surrender and go with him to fully get it, without blushing and squirming.

We could dance all day picking songs just by Prince, but here are my honourable mentions from the official releases (in reverse chronological order): 'BREAKFAST CAN WAIT' (2013, ART OFFICIAL AGE), 'Dance 4 Me' (2009, MPLSoUND), 'Incense and Candles' (2006, 3121), 'Ripopgodazippa' (1998, CRYSTAL BALL), 'Right Back Here In My Arms' (1996, EMANCIPATION), 'Shhh' (1995, THE GOLD EXPERIENCE), 'Come' (1994, COME), 'Scarlet Pussy' 'Irresistible Bitch' 'Shockadelica' and 'Power Fantastic' (1993, THE HITS/THE B SIDES), 'The Max' (1992, [LOVE SYMBOL]). 'Electric Chair' (1989, BATMAN), and 'Bambi' (1979, PRINCE).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 12:28 PM

Get off

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 12:34 PM

During a live 'Strangers in the Night' concert in Louisville (18th October, 1978), Phil Mogg fumbles the spoken-word intro to 'Only You Can Rock Me', in a way the DL will appreciate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 12:43 PM

Nora Dean's 'Angie La La'..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 12:34 AM

Many QOTSA songs: 'You Would Know' & 'You Can't Quit Me, Baby' (QOTSA, 1998); 'I Never Came' & 'Little Sister' (LULLABIES TO PARALYZE, 2005); 'Misfit Love' & Sick Sick Sick' (ERA VULGARIS, 2007); that cover they did of Romevoid's 'Never Say Never' (RATED R, 2010).

'If I Had A Tail' (from ...LIKE CLOCKWORK, 2013) might be the most fun, most sexy, and the best vibe for Hallowe'en. 'Gitchy, gitchy, ooh la la....'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2020 11:52 PM

All of these songs are terrible.

by Anonymousreply 8October 30, 2020 12:03 AM

This was played at the punk clubs I went to in LA and SF almost 40 years ago. I still have it on vinyl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 30, 2020 12:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!