Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYC NYC NYC NYC NYC

Is the only city worth discussing.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 4:46 AM

The. Best. City. In. The. WORLD!

New. Yorkers. Can. Get. Through. Anything.

New. York. Is. Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2020 10:23 PM

whatevs

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2020 10:26 PM

FOLLIES! FOLLIES! FOLLIES!

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2020 10:41 PM

I lived in NYC for 20 years and enjoyed every minute.

I was told, “Everyone should live in NYC once in their lives, but leave before they become bitter about it.” It’s like the frog being slowly boiled in the pot but not realizing it.

Quite honestly I was stuck making exactly same money every year with a boss that kept me back. The year I lost my health insurance I couldn’t find the $4K to pay for it and my rent went up $350 a month the following year. He was about to lose his company and cut my pay as well- it’d be almost impossible to quit and still retain my clients that he split with me.

When I met my husband we made an escape plan to Tampa- but if I was single I’d still be there. We deliberately waited two weeks before leaving to tell our friends and work so they couldn’t talk us out of it.

I lived with an elderly woman for several years and even with rent control she was a miserable cunt and couldn’t afford it without renting a room to me. She’d sit in the darkness with only one light on in the apartment to save money. This was a woman who was a programmer when younger and made decent money. Her whole retirement all she did was worry about money. No thanks.

I know a lot of bitter NYers that don’t realize they’re bitter. Guys, if you can keep it together, best of luck to you, but I’m glad I made the choice even though I do miss the city (and being a whore) once in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2020 10:50 PM

The biggest shithole city in the country with the handsomest mayor who tries to serve ingrates who just tear down and do nothing to assist their fellow citizens. But, I'm doing great work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2020 10:53 PM

OP, what year is it?

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2020 11:56 PM

OP, this will undoubtedly come as somewhat of a shock to you, but the entire world does not sit on Manhattan Island. Civic pride is admirable, but when it morphs into regional chauvinism it can lead to a very limiting experience. Beware.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 12:42 AM

New York, New York

Wasn't that a song?

Pass

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 12:48 AM

New York City is over.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 12:54 AM

No it’s not! Other cities are worth discussing ... to explain why they are not as good as NYC.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 1:03 AM

NYC = shithole, soon to receive Trump back, at last. You could have kept him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 1:05 AM

NYC has been an overrated cultural shithole since the mid 80s. It's been nothing but self-deluded philistine ego since then.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2020 1:07 AM

The coolest tree in NYC:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2020 9:08 PM

Where is the drama desk?

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2020 9:13 PM

Slave Play!

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2020 10:49 PM

NYC will recover. The city is great because of its people. It draws the most talented from all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 3:38 AM

Yes, New York definitely draws the most talented people from around the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 4:41 AM

We're number 1 in smelling like number 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 4:44 AM

It's just not New York any more without Kitty Carlisle Hart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 4:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!