Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oh, look! Another white lady lies about being a victim...

An official who helped in the search for Holly Courtier, the woman who was found nearly two weeks after disappearing during a hike in Zion National Park, is questioning her family's story of how she survived with little water and no food.

Courtier, a 38-year-old from California, was found on Sunday about a half-mile from the parking lot where she began what was supposed to be a day hike through the Utah park. Zion National Park officials said Courtier was found in a "thickly vegetated area" near the Virgin River.

Sgt. Darrell Cashin, who served as an advisor in the park's search for Courtier, told ABC 4 this week that she left California in the middle of the night without telling her family where she was going.

Courtier's daughter, Kailey Chambers, told CNN on Monday that her mother had hit her head early on in the hike and then decided to stick close to a river, thinking it was her best shot at survival. Chambers did not say whether Courtier drank from the river, and CNN said it was not clear from the interview whether the water was potable.

Cashin, who works for the Washington County Sheriff's Search and Rescue, told ABC 4 that Courtier likely would have died if she drank from it.

INSIDER A sheriff's sergeant is questioning the rescued Zion National Park hiker's story, saying there's no way she could have survived for 2 weeks off river water Ashley Collman Thu, October 22, 2020, 1:19 AM HST Holly Courtier was found in Zion National Park in Utah on Sunday, nearly two weeks after she disappeared on a day hike.

Sgt. Darrell Cashin, who helped the search-and-rescue effort, now says he has questions about Courtier's story and pointed out discrepancies.

For example, Courtier's daughter told CNN that her mother hit her head early in the hike and became so dehydrated that she couldn't open her mouth. Cashin said he doubted this, adding that park officials said she was able to leave the park largely unassisted.

Cashin also questioned how Courtier was able to survive for nearly two weeks alone without food and with little water, as her family said.

An official who helped in the search for Holly Courtier, the woman who was found nearly two weeks after disappearing during a hike in Zion National Park, is questioning her family's story of how she survived with little water and no food.

Courtier, a 38-year-old from California, was found on Sunday about a half-mile from the parking lot where she began what was supposed to be a day hike through the Utah park. Zion National Park officials said Courtier was found in a "thickly vegetated area" near the Virgin River.

Sgt. Darrell Cashin, who served as an advisor in the park's search for Courtier, told ABC 4 this week that she left California in the middle of the night without telling her family where she was going.

Related: 6 tips that could save your life if you get lost in the wilderness

Discrepancies about the water source Courtier's daughter, Kailey Chambers, told CNN on Monday that her mother had hit her head early on in the hike and then decided to stick close to a river, thinking it was her best shot at survival. Chambers did not say whether Courtier drank from the river, and CNN said it was not clear from the interview whether the water was potable.

Cashin, who works for the Washington County Sheriff's Search and Rescue, told ABC 4 that Courtier likely would have died if she drank from it.

darrell cashin Sgt. Darrell Cashin questioned parts of the Courtier family's story of how Holly survived for nearly two weeks in Zion National Park. ABC 4 "If she had been drinking that water, unless she had some really high immune system, she would've been very, very ill and probably unable to come out on her own," Cashin said.

"She either took a lot of water with her or had another clean water source that was near here, but the Virgin River is not that source."

Cashin also told St. George News, a local newspaper: "Had she been drinking that water, she would be extremely ill or passed on by now. If she did have a good water source, what was it?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2020 7:47 PM

Cashin pointed out other discrepancies in the family's story.

Chambers told CNN that Courtier recounted that during her time in the park she became so dehydrated that she couldn't open her mouth.

Cashin said this did not line up with park officials' statement released when Courtier was found, which said she was "able to leave of her own capability with minimal assistance."

"Was she that bad or was she not?" Cashin told St. George News.

He said that if Courtier had hit her head and was as dehydrated as she told her family she was, search-and-rescue teams would have immediately called an ambulance when they found her.

"If we had found somebody in that condition with that kind of severe head injury, we would have at minimum called for a transport agency to check her out," Cashin told ABC 4. "The fact that that didn't happen tells me that they did not find any significant injury to her that would've prompted them to do that."

He added that "the statements that the family is giving and the statements that the park is giving don't add up."

"Those are the types of questions I think everybody has," he said. "I think the place where that question can be answered is with her."

Neither Courtier's daughter nor Zion National Park immediately responded to Insider's request for comment.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2020 9:38 PM

What’s wrong with the river water?

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2020 11:26 PM

[quote]What’s wrong with the river water?

You mean other than bacteria, amoebas, chemicals, pollution, heavy metals, etc., etc., etc.? Very little "naturally" running waters are still fit to drink at this point without filtration and cleaning.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 9:09 PM

She never claimed to be a victim.

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 9:14 PM

She looks like a super insane Karen.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 9:14 PM

Another white woman? SURPRISE!!! What’s her motive to lie anyway? I am curiously want to know

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 9:32 PM

Her go fund me is now in the thousands, r6.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 9:34 PM

She looks like the same woman who got lost in a Nat. park about 2 years ago. Same story even.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 9:34 PM

I get that river water is polluted but I find it hard to believe that river water will kill you just like that. Apparently, though, this particular river water is deadly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 9:37 PM

As if men don't pretend to be victims. Trump claims he's had it harder than any president!

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 9:40 PM

Sounds similar to Tawana Brawley's story. That didn't end well either.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 9:41 PM

A shame about the bacteria bloom. Hiking in the Virgin River on a hot day is wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2020 9:46 PM

Yes and a copper found her out. A SW would have just signed her up for victim therapy.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2020 9:48 PM

I knew that story was fishy from the get-go and she has some seriously crazy eyes. The bitch ran away, realized it was a mistake and got "found".

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2020 9:48 PM

I doubt she "ran away" - it was probably staged to get publicity and $$$

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2020 9:50 PM

She's got crazy eyes

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2020 10:24 PM

I've thought of starting a thread about the different types of Karens but didn't because I figured in the end it would just be sad, not funny.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2020 10:28 PM

Holy shit those eyes are straight out of a horror film

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2020 10:28 PM

It's nice to see everyone hopping on board with the social engineering campaign to make white women, who are broadly the only group of women in the West with enough power to protect women's rights, being continuously cast as villains. As long as you've got it baked into your heads that no white woman should ever speak up about anything, it'll be a lot easier to revoke their sex based protections. Keep up the good work!

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2020 10:33 PM

Hmmm...does she have a GoFund Me yet?

Better yet, has "a friend" started one to help her out, you know, because of all the trauma and shit.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote] It's nice to see everyone hopping on board with the social engineering campaign to make white women, who are broadly the only group of women in the West with enough power to protect women's rights, being continuously cast as villains. As long as you've got it baked into your heads that no white woman should ever speak up about anything, it'll be a lot easier to revoke their sex based protections. Keep up the good work!

I agree. it does seem there is an insidious agenda going on. If it's not intentional it can still have negative consequences for women.

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2020 10:38 PM

She should thank her lucky stars she didn’t end up in a shipping container on the banks of the Mississippi River.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2020 10:44 PM

This is partly why I became a man. You cannot trust these lying cisbitches.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2020 11:00 PM

r22 = homicidal tranny

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2020 11:02 PM

She has crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 1:48 AM

With those eyes she looks like Amy Covid Barrett's twin sister.

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2020 4:09 AM

R26 is right. Two crazy bitches

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2020 4:33 AM

There was something fishy about this when she just showed up after all that time. She was getting fucked.

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2020 4:35 AM

That article is seriously repetitive and hard to read

but yes, the bitch do have some "crazy eyes"

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2020 4:43 AM

"She was getting fucked."

Doubt it. More like hiding out to make her miraculous survival into a story to make $$$ of it

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2020 4:45 AM

Maybe she boiled the water on a camp stove or fire before drinking it. Maybe she had one of those water collectors they sell at outfitting stores. I mean who knows? Its not that weird especially if she was a seasoned backcountry hiker.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2020 4:47 AM

It all sounds like bullshit. What did she eat for 2 weeks? Twigs and berries? Most of them on Naked and Afraid waste away after a few days. And a half mile from the parking lot? That should take an experienced hiker a half an hour to walk back unless you have to go up a steep ridge.

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2020 4:55 AM

Well obviously she was abducted by a ufo or a troop of sasquatch and was only returned a few hrs before they found her.

by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2020 5:02 AM

OP is a racist. FLAMES AND FREAKS.

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2020 5:04 AM

Those same 2 women who "kidnapped" Sherry Papini probably "kidnapped" this white lady too.

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2020 5:09 AM

To whomever asked above- the family immediately started a GofundMe, for something like $ 16,000. I don't care WHAT kind of injury you have- NO Hospital/ Insurance Co has an immediate turn-around time for billing that quick- It's usually a couple of months at a minimum. I call Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2020 5:14 AM

Two weeks without food is not that big a deal. I've fasted for 10 days, and after about a day, your hunger goes away and you get a boost of energy that lasts for days. In my case, by 10 days, I could have gone on for another day or two, but I could tell my body was ready to eat and rest from the stress.

If she was seriously underweight it might be dangerous, but if she was normal weight, she would probably be OK.

by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2020 5:28 AM

r20. see r7.

by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2020 7:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!