Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Presidential Debate 10-22-2020 *official thread* (PART III)

Continue the discussion below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280October 28, 2020 4:13 AM

Part II linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2020 5:16 AM

I wish they'd go back to cutting these threads at 300 or 400 posts max.

They get slow and laggy and annoying after that.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2020 5:20 AM

DUMP PLUMP TRUMP!

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2020 5:23 AM

Trump won nobody over tonight.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2020 5:45 AM

All they needed to do tonight was motivate their own bases. Did Trump show his supporters more of what they like about him than Biden showed *his* supporters what they like about *him*?

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2020 5:53 AM

One of Biden's best lines was that he was going to a president for [italic]all[/italic] Americans, for both red states and blue states. Trump couldn't even muster a rebuttal to that. He couldn't even pretend not to be a divisive piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2020 5:57 AM

Trump has that fast-talking New York hustler thing down, but there's no substance behind it. You can tell he delegates everything out to underlings because he doesn't understand how things work.

"How will you get that done?"

"It's going to get done, very soon. And it's going to be incredible, you'll see"

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2020 6:01 AM

No, R5, that is incorrect.

Vice President Biden is winning by every measure we have. He needed to not fuck up so that he wouldn't lose any support. He succeeded in that.

Donald is losing by every measure we have. It isn't enough for him to simply keep the support he already has, he needed to convince VP Biden's supporters to switch. He failed to do that.

Therefore, VP Biden won and Donald lost.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote][quote]He over alphad Biden. He did good

Is he at a 30 degree angle there?

I wouldn't call keeling over the lectern an 'alpha' look. And that jacket is bursting at the seams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2020 6:10 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A pelican would kill to have trump’s triple gullet.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2020 6:25 AM

Has he put on 50 lbs, r9? Is it steroid bloat?

He looks like a beached whale.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2020 6:26 AM

Trump overshadowed Biden again. Doesn't look good. If Trump wins re-election, I'm going to lose all hope in America. It will descend further in third world madness.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2020 6:47 AM

Whatever you say, Svetlana R12.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2020 6:48 AM

in an astronomical sense you're right, r12

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2020 6:50 AM

r11, there are two Donalds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2020 6:56 AM

Oh Trump can perform, alright. But the hard facts he cannot escape: his presidency is a failure. He should never have run for POTUS. He doesn't understand the job and refuses to learn. If not for the Obama economy we'd all be lined-up at food pantries. Covid was his only real challenge and he blew it.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2020 6:58 AM

Men polled said that Biden won 47% to 44%. Are American men to dumbest people on the planet?

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2020 7:09 AM

C'mon, man...isn't that Obama's thing?

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2020 7:12 AM

Biden just seems and feels old as fuck. No, this debate won't win anyone new. It was the best debate. It was good the hear both of their responses without interruption. The moderator was better than I thought she'd be. She was the best of the bunch. Town halls don't count.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2020 7:15 AM

No, Russian Trolls and GOP men are In a race to see who’s the dumbest.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2020 7:16 AM

No, Russian Trolls and GOP men are In a race to see who’s the dumbest.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2020 7:16 AM

I know everyone hates Trump but he does have some funny lines. When he was responding to Joes reaction to stopping flights in January, Trump said, "Nancy Pelosi was dancing in the streets of Chinatown" which made me laugh because it was just funny. She definitely was trying to get everyone to go to the Chinese New Year Parade in SF in mid Feb.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2020 7:39 AM

The attempted psy-ops in these threads are hilarious. “Doesn’t look good” for Biden. Yeah, okay.

You know what looks good? All the polls. Democrats are excited as hell to turn out for Biden and get rid of the fat loser grifter know-nothing sociopath Donald—and they have had weeks to do it. Not just one day, where it might rain in Philadelphia, but several weeks. And they’re doing it. They’re not waiting until Nov 3 like most Republicans are.

It “doesn’t look good” Trump, R12.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2020 7:39 AM

That was: It “doesn’t look good” for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2020 7:40 AM

Why does Joe‘s mug look so fake? Almost like PS-addicted Pelosi.....

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2020 7:58 AM

The right wing newspapers here in Norway claim that Trump won the debate.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2020 8:18 AM

Biden lost Texas, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma with that oil industry remark. We are screwed.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT!?!

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2020 8:25 AM

I'm sure that "right wing" anything is claiming donald won, it means very little since it's obviously right wing propaganda.

By every normal measure, Vice President Biden won the debate. Trump was all over the place and lied a lot although he was less hysterical than the first debate. I thought he was going to have a stroke a couple of times. He needed to win over Biden voters and he failed to do that. This was his last chance to make something happen because the Hunter thing has failed. Everyone but the cult members are on to it.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2020 8:25 AM

Biden never had Oklahoma, Svetlana.

He's still got PA and he's still got TX. We'll see how it goes. Everyone do exactly what you're doing, just vote and take your friends to vote and contribute and volunteer if you can. Every little bit more is a little closer to goodbye Fuckface von Clownstick.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2020 8:28 AM

I've read the threads and I know that everyone is very optimistic and that it is literal violence to question anything about Biden on the DL. I am shocked that nobody is talking about the oil comment. Everyone said Biden might have gotten the last spoken word, but it wasn't a good word. Joe did OK the first 30 min, actually got a surge of every in the second 30 which is where I think it's the best he's ever done in his whole campaign, he was fighting. In the final 30 minutes, he looked spent and started slipping up. I thought the oil comment was a major fuck it, probably just not thinking, and that's where we left it. It was really only in those final moments that I think Trump emerged the winner.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2020 8:30 AM

The only people who think Trump “emerged the winner” are Trump voters. Polling has been released—it’s exactly in line with national general election polling.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2020 8:32 AM

I never said they weren't R31

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2020 8:35 AM

Yep. People who already wanted to vote for Donald think he did fine.

Normal people think he was his usual asinine self. Normal people are the majority of voters in America. Although we had a bizarre, possibly foreign-sourced, issue in the last election, we have a cunning plan.

The key is overwhelming turnout and handing Donald a truly crushing and humiliating defeat.

We're on track for that.

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2020 8:38 AM

Joe's face is terrifying in the OP's picture.

Like something out of Death Becomes Her!

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2020 8:47 AM

I don't know if it's the botox or just old age, but Joe sounds feeble and his "s's" are pronounced with a subtle "esh". A bit like Liza - a shout out to the "Liza with a Sh" troll.

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2020 8:52 AM

R45, dentures.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2020 9:03 AM

[quote] He's still got PA and he's still got TX.

That’s not happening, dear. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2020 9:03 AM

I still think Trump will win but barely. It won’t be some blowout. I can also see certain states being a surprise due to Biden getting them. 4 more years of this shit is depressing but here we are. What is going to be really scary are the riots that will ensue the day after.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2020 9:06 AM

R34 choppers, plugs, facelift

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2020 9:13 AM

Relax concern troll at R27. No one who supports oil in Texas, PA, or OK was gonna vote for Biden anyway.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2020 9:24 AM

I thought Dump's meds seemed better regulated last night - he didn't behave *as much* like a rabid dog about to attack. I was also surprised he didn't attack the moderator with the histrionics from the previous debates.

While this one didn't appear to be the shitshow that the first one was, I don't think it really told anyone anything new. The oil & gas thing might be a "gotcha" line, but the energy industry is (largely) way ahead of diversify energy sources so while Fox News will go to town over it, it really wasn't that much of a revolutionary statement.

You can always tell when Dump really doesn't give a shit about something but can't say so he filibusters: WE'LL HAVE THE CLEANEST AIR EVER!!! WE HAVE PERFECT TESTS! OUR VACCINE WILL BE PERFECT! He knows he can't say what he really thinks, so he bust blathers and gets pissy when called out about it.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2020 9:27 AM

[quote]Trump won nobody over tonight.

Agreed. Between this and his posting the 60 Minutes footage where he has a hissy fit over being asked about something he said, he just looked whiny and ineffectual.

His base will love it but his base loves anything he does.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2020 9:29 AM

I don’t believe he ever had covid.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2020 9:29 AM

I’m looking forward to the 60 Minutes interview on Sunday. Hopefully it will trigger as many of tRump’s angry insecurities as the Guthrie Town Hall did

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2020 9:35 AM

Between lowbrow Borat and highbrow 60 Minutes, the Trump camp will have their hands full this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2020 9:42 AM

Agree R45! Dump looked like a sack of potatoes that was VERY tightly cinched into a woman's corset - even still that waist line must be a good 55". Morbidly obese is being nice. For a man as vain as he is - he must hate to look that embarrassing on TV (yeah, I know the make-up and hair have always been tragic). Hilarious that he was claiming in the debate to be the "least racist person ever" and has done more for blacks than any President EVER. Isn't he going to piss off his mutual cock-sucking boyfriends the Proud Boys and Boogaloo Boys??

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2020 9:56 AM

I don’t believe he ever had covid.

I agree; another poster on multiple threads indicated that something else was wrong with him & they used COVID as cover. I could see that lackey fool Christie going along with it and pretending he had it too.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2020 10:01 AM

No, Christie was in ICU with covid for real. Melania would fake it. MacNinny would fake it. Who else got it? Some asshole who was hugging people at the Handmaid garden thing? Mike Lee.

I think Trump could have and would have easily faked it because he's a fucking scumbag and the biggest liar in a country filled with liars. That said, he also may have had it but because they caught it so soon and treated it so aggressively, he can't be taken as a "normal" case in any way.

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2020 10:04 AM

Brit here who got up again to watch the second prizefight. Biden spoke fluent human and was so obviously of a different order to the hot-air showboater. I hated though that the cuts from Biden to Trump emphasised the latter's cartoonish vigour. People who care more about impressions than substance will have been 'impressed.'

I really wish Biden had made more of Trump's repulsive sneer about families around the kitchen table struggling to make ends meet. It showed his default sociopathy, and I hope it gets more repeated attention. Hated Trump's smugness about Biden's oil plans, and can see how the former will now exploit that hard.

Dearly hope substance prevails over optics during these last intensive news cycles. May Biden's clear victory on points build to a victory for sanity.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2020 10:17 AM

Dump had it, and was given care that no one but the 1% could afford. He's been pumped up on steroids (I wonder if he being tapered off them yet). He was plainly short of breathe during his 'Mussolini moment'. The fucker is no superman, and he has no empathy nor sympathy with anyone else who gets covid....ESPECIALLY the poor demographic who have no access to adequate healthcare. Though covid does not discriminate, statistics demonstrate that the poor are more likely to have serious/fatal cases.

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2020 10:19 AM

Why do people announce that right wing media in (insert country here) have declared Trump winner. Of course they have and they had that headline written before the debate even started.

I believe he had Covid and the treatment saved his life. If he was a janitor in PA he’d be dead.

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2020 10:21 AM

Daniel Dale tweeted that he felt like Lucy at the chocolate factory with the torrent of lies coming out of Trump's mouth faster than he could talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2020 10:26 AM

VP Biden has a lot more money to shape a lot more "optics" than Donald can.

All his empty boasting about money last night was so pathetic. I can have all the money I want, I can call every CEO and they'll each send me $25 million dollars whenever I ask. blah blah blah.

What a cunt.

VP Biden has raised A BILLION DOLLARS in just the last three months, with an average donation of $43 dollars. If Donald could have raised that money, he would have - he can't.

Now it's even less likely that he can pull that kind of dough, everyone knows he's losing. I just heard he's scheduling some high ticket fundraiser - $250k a person. I wonder how many takers he'll get right now?

by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2020 10:27 AM

All of Belarus is voting Trump!

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2020 10:35 AM

Viewers were left with the stark contrast of their inaugural message: Trump spewed his usual negative nonsense and Biden was presidential.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2020 11:48 AM

If the democrats don't come up with spots contrasting Trump's words on the separated children's living conditions with actual footage, then they are amazingly stupid. This is an absolutely horrendous stain on the US that has been pretty much forgotten. It's time to revisit it. Yu want to push the final nail into Trump's coffin with women, then just show footage and let the people hear the cries of the kids who were ripped away from their families.

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2020 12:25 PM

True

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2020 12:26 PM

I have been boosting Biden since you bitches were whining about the fatality of handsy. I didn’t think it was a great night but he was fine. His whole damn team probably scared the shit out of him about blowing it so between the noise in his head and the stutter control he was probably exhausted and I thought he seemed it. But I’m not voting for a debater. Trump was not as awful as usual but when he’s not awful it seems like there’s even less there.

Bottom line: Trump Biden to have a bad night last night. Biden did. This changes nothing.

Re the oil thing... nobody seems to be talking about it this morning. So it can’t have been that much of a splash? Besides it wouldn’t be a new policy would it? If it was they’d be all over it. I just sat through a CNN autopsy and even the Republicans didn’t raise it.

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2020 12:30 PM

Sorry: I was dictating. I meant Trump needed Biden to have a bad night and Biden didn’t. I hate my iPad.

by Anonymousreply 59October 23, 2020 12:31 PM

Agreed, R56 - Biden was more vehemently animated on this than on anything else.

by Anonymousreply 60October 23, 2020 12:31 PM

Biden was good. Preparation matters

by Anonymousreply 61October 23, 2020 12:32 PM

[quote]I wouldn't call keeling over the lectern an 'alpha' look. And that jacket is bursting at the seams.

With all those chins he should take up the violin.

by Anonymousreply 62October 23, 2020 12:37 PM

USA Today, the publication popular with Joe Average, weighs in on the debate. Vastly in favor of Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 23, 2020 12:40 PM

I am curious how many people watched this debate versus the first one.

We will know later today.

by Anonymousreply 64October 23, 2020 12:44 PM

Here's my take:

1. Biden won. He got in some good lines (Abraham Lincoln), did not sound senile, the energy line will appeal to as many voters as it will turn off (and the latter were not likely to vote for him anyway)

2. Trump lied a lot but he managed --at times--to bring back the reality TV show host personality that appeals to many voters. And he's a convincing liar for people who hear the words "we'll have the most beautiful perfect health care plan" and don't burst out laughing.

3. Trump spent a lot of time in FoxLandia and there were a couple of answers where you really had no idea what he was talking about--it was like popping in on a DL soap opera thread

4. Biden missed an opportunity in that he should have kept hammering in that Trump won't answer questions because his administration is a failure. Calling Trump a failure and a loser would have set off Crazy Trump

5. All that said, AGREEING TO THE DEBATE WAS THE STUPIDEST THING BIDEN HAS DONE ALL CAMPAIGN. I have not idea why his people allowed it.

Why?

Because prior to last night, Trump was in serious trouble of losing a decent portion of his base, people who did not want to be associated with the crazy man they saw at the first debate and the town hall.

But last night they got (mostly) the old Trump back, the zinger-laden reality show host railing against "politicians" (leave logic out of this one) and that allows them to feel good about voting for Trump again.

If Biden had not done the third debate, Trump would have made noise about him being afraid to debate, but that would have only resonated with his hardcore base, and more important, it would not have done anything to alter the impression that Trump was crazy--if anything, he might have gone crazier.

Now granted, there are still 12 days for Trump to double down on Crazy again, and the 60 Minutes interview will help with that, but Biden allowed him to normalize himself (normal for Trump, anyway) and thus likely lost the chance for a real blowout.

[bold] TL;DR - Biden won the debate, but by giving Trump the opportunity to be Not 100% Crazy, he allowed Trump to solidify his base and thus avoid a total blowout. Biden should never have agreed to the third debate.

by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2020 12:58 PM

To clarify, I don't think many of those "on the fence" Trump voters would have voted for Biden. They would have stayed home and just not voted at all.

But now they will go and vote for Trump which means that a 60-40 landslide is less likely.

(Though with the caveat that Trump may still blow himself up in the next 10 days)

by Anonymousreply 66October 23, 2020 1:09 PM

The fun thing about steroids is, while they’re wonderful and make you feel so much better, you put on weight no matter what you eat. And we already know Dump’s diet is bad to begin with.

R65, I have to disagree... if Biden had not debated, it would have eroded a bit of what makes Joe who he is—a stand up guy. He would have looked terrible backing down, and he would have crucified for it, from every news source. Once Dump decided he was going to debate, Joe had no choice. Btw, I don’t think Dump would lose a sizable portion of his base because he looks “crazy.” The first debate eroded his numbers, but just like every other scandal or misstep, it’s coming in drops.

by Anonymousreply 67October 23, 2020 1:11 PM

Of course fake news CNN poll declares Biden the winner. Anybody with a brain knows that Trump was the real winner and exposed a career criminal last night.

by Anonymousreply 68October 23, 2020 1:16 PM

So the law finally caught up with Trump, R68? The mother fucker is finally going to be brought to justice? Cool.

by Anonymousreply 69October 23, 2020 1:21 PM

"Trump was in serious trouble of losing a decent portion of his base, people who did not want to be associated with the crazy man they saw at the first debate and the town hall."

Bitch, please. That's EXACTLY why Trump's base adores the crazy uncle schtick. He's going against the grain, he's sticking it to the man, he's showing the Libtards to be the fools they really are.

Take away the crazy uncle schtick and he's just another pandering politician.

by Anonymousreply 70October 23, 2020 1:26 PM

[quote] the publication popular with Joe Average

Joe Average???

by Anonymousreply 71October 23, 2020 1:26 PM

He did not have to refuse outright R67

He could have insisted on things that Trump would not have agreed to--plexiglass, greater distance, empty room-- there were any number of things he could have done that would not have seemed like "I refuse to do debate #3"

And R70, most of his base loves Trump for the Crazy Uncle bit. But there was a decent portion, maybe 15% or so, for whom he'd gone too far over the edge and they would have likely have stayed home. The other 85% are crazier than Trump and are still turning out for him, but they are just 40% of voters, hence the 60/40 Biden landslide he could have had.

by Anonymousreply 72October 23, 2020 1:33 PM

Here’s an interesting take on Biden’s statement that he’s going to transition from oil.

Unemployment in Texas is 8.3%. Oil prices are down due to Covid, and that causes job losses. Nobody is driving. This article claims the oil industry is holding the recovery back, because as long as people don’t drive, the price is low.

I still think that statement is going to cause Biden to lose Texas. Texas is not the only state with oil, Alaska is another. States in the Midwest have fracking. There are a lot of states with some relationship to dirty fuel jobs. And they mostly don’t care.

There are a lot of people with oil jobs in Texans’ circle of family and friends. Almost 6 million have already voted in Texas, but if Biden got a win there at all, it would be by just a few votes. He can’t afford to lose even a few voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 23, 2020 1:41 PM

Yes, R 71," Joe Average."" The average Joe." " Joe bag of donuts." "The regular guy." " The person on the street." The majority of Americans. Got it now?

by Anonymousreply 74October 23, 2020 1:46 PM

I also did not think Welker did that great a job.

She would tell Trump that he had "10 seconds" to respond and then let him go on for minutes.

She also let him take over the debate and ask Biden questions as if he was the moderator.

by Anonymousreply 75October 23, 2020 1:47 PM

R72, I disagree—it would have made people think Joe was putting roadblocks up deliberately to keep from debating. Even Dump showed up after they said they implemented the mute button, and that was his whole shtick.

by Anonymousreply 76October 23, 2020 1:48 PM

R73, I agree, that was Joe’s worst comment of the night. However, the oil companies, if they’re truly run by businessmen, should already be investing in alternative and/or cleaner energies, especially if they take even a cursory look at the coal companies. Luckily, it looks like the comment really didn’t make much of a dent in the chatter I’m hearing this morning.

by Anonymousreply 77October 23, 2020 1:52 PM

But they didn’t control the mute button well, which Trump probably fixed in advance. Twitter was all about “why don’t they use the mute button” during the debate. Trump probably said he’d walk if they used it, in advance.

by Anonymousreply 78October 23, 2020 1:52 PM

Yes, but it would not have mattered R76

There would have been minimal negative impact from that perception among people who were already voting for Biden and Trump would have been denied an opportunity to sound anything other than insane.

He's now been given an opportunity to shore up his base, who polls had showed were starting to abandon him.

by Anonymousreply 79October 23, 2020 1:53 PM

[quote]But last night they got (mostly) the old Trump back, the zinger-laden reality show host railing against "politicians" (leave logic out of this one) and that allows them to feel good about voting for Trump again.

I often agree with your analysis but not on this one. They [italc]may[/italic] have gotten the old Trump back but the problem is the ones who could be swayed now know exactly what the actual Trump is. That was not the old Trump or the real Trump last night - and everybody knows it. What they do with it isn't clear but nobody was fooled by medicated Trump last night.

I am R58... who wondered and wavered a bit about JB after last night... I was listening to a round of debate moments on the radio awhile ago... clearly, Biden emerges as the winner compared to Trump when you slice and dice to soundbites... the next day round up is possibly more important than the debate itself and on that basis Biden heads onward in a great place.

by Anonymousreply 80October 23, 2020 1:54 PM

[quote]He's now been given an opportunity to shore up his base, who polls had showed were starting to abandon him.

One other argument against this... there's ten days to go. The virus is only going to get worse. The narrative goes back to that. Thinking people are affected by it. The debate changed nothing and will soon be forgotten. As one one pundit said: Trump needed Biden to have an awful night and he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 81October 23, 2020 1:56 PM

R80/R81

I am referring only to a sliver of Trump voters, say 15%, who kept hearing the narrative that Trump had gone off the deep end, saw the angry nasty man in the first debate and the crazy liar in the Town Hall and decided they did not want to be associated with that.

These are people who love Trump but have a sliver of conscience and so would have just stayed home rather than go out and vote for him...and other GOP down ballot candidates.

By reverting to the more familiar Trump, he gave them permission to go vote for him again and basically stopped his slide.

I am not suggesting that Biden will lose or that this boosts Trump's chances, but rather that where we might have had a 60-40 blowout, we are likely to see a 55-45 victory (which is still pretty impressive.)

Final thing, which I noted in my first post, is that with over a week to go, there is a very good chance that Trump will jump right back into CrazyLand again--the 60 Minutes interview won't help him

by Anonymousreply 82October 23, 2020 2:08 PM

Yes, agree with that, YMF: there is loads of time for Trump to go rabid again. He cannot bear the idea he will be humiliated with defeat. He will lose it, he will lose. I wouldn't give up yet on some impact of the revulsion factor for your 15%. Ten days is a long time when Donald Trump is on a rampage.

I honestly think the worst thing to happen to him was Savannah Guthrie using the crazy uncle line.

by Anonymousreply 83October 23, 2020 2:11 PM

[quote]I am referring only to a sliver of Trump voters

Then why bother?

by Anonymousreply 84October 23, 2020 2:15 PM

This thread smells of Liberal Chinese trolls. Go back to bed Mr. Cheng.

by Anonymousreply 85October 23, 2020 2:18 PM

How so, R85?

by Anonymousreply 86October 23, 2020 2:23 PM

Media are trying to make Biden’s oil comments into a huge gaffe

by Anonymousreply 87October 23, 2020 2:25 PM

Highest one day total of COVID deaths yesterday since the pandemic began. Those that think that "Trump appeared so much better, there is still a chance that he will win!!!" are either trolls, bots, or sadly mistaken. In a sense last night's debate was totally irrelevant. COVID coming back strong; economy hobbled and Congress unable to help with the pain; over 50 mil have already voted; no "last chance" October attack on Biden is sticking.

So, yeah, last night changed nothing.

Having said that - Biden had his most coherent, smooth, focused, and effective debate performance of this election, stretching back to the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 88October 23, 2020 2:39 PM

[quote]Biden had his most coherent, smooth, focused, and effective debate performance of this election, stretching back to the primaries.

He's been debating for 300 YEARS?

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2020 2:55 PM

We all say that we want substantive debates about policy, myself included. But what people really want is the Drag Race Reading Challenge. A good debate is not a wig snatching game and it bothers me that I've seen posts on here and on social media about how boring the debate was last night.

And I get it, some of you are let down that Trump didn't lose what little mind he has left. And the rest of you are just happy that Biden didn't make a gaffe. Yes, Biden has some age on him, but he's smart and capable and he knows DC and he knows the issues, stop this panic that he's going to make a gaffe all the time. The man knows his shit and he knows retail politics and he displayed all that last night. I know some of you wanted another candidate, but as Joe said last night, he beat all of them. Stop always expecting him to fail.

Biden was never going to walk away from a debate. He is a traditionalist who believes in certain political norms. Trump's base is locked in. That 41%, give or take, is not going anywhere. Trump could steal their money, rape their daughters, and set them on fire and they would still vote for him.

I think Welker did a wonderful job, Joe brought his A game and Trump didn't completely shit the bed and that's not a bad thing in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2020 2:55 PM

[quote]We all say that we want substantive debates about policy, myself included. But what people really want is the Drag Race Reading Challenge. A good debate is not a wig snatching game and it bothers me that I've seen posts on here and on social media about how boring the debate was last night.

I'm thankful that Trump didn't land any blows with the Hunter "dirt" as everyone was predicting he would.

by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2020 3:04 PM

It's already leaving the news cycle lol. "No change" is the overall take.

The media are waiting for another October surprise.

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2020 3:09 PM

YMF we all know you are a pseudo Bernie Bro and dislike Biden (and insanely dislike the Clintons). Your Libertarian-leaning opinions are noted but are irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2020 3:11 PM

I'm basically satisfied. I do think some "undecideds" who wanted an excuse to break for Trump will use this. See, he is capable of acting presidential for short spans of time! There's an extremely low bar for him. But I was worried this was going to be a huge disaster for Biden if Trump used his rumored strategy of talking about nothing but Hunter and his business associate and basically giving a sense of legitimacy to that story to millions of viewers, as Biden struggles to give a convincing rebuttal, or something like that...I was terrified. But it was fine.

by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote]Trump overshadowed Biden again.

With his 3 chins!

by Anonymousreply 95October 23, 2020 3:31 PM

[quote]A good debate is not a wig snatching game

Thank God!

by Anonymousreply 96October 23, 2020 3:32 PM

[quote]Media are trying to make Biden’s oil comments into a huge gaffe

I thought so too, but it doesn't seem to have legs. And frankly, it creates an opportunity for Biden to articulate his plan in depth. So if it does stick, it can be turned into an opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 97October 23, 2020 3:38 PM

[quote]A good debate is not a wig snatching game

Meow! [Flush.]

by Anonymousreply 98October 23, 2020 3:40 PM

[quote]I still think that statement is going to cause Biden to lose Texas. Texas is not the only state with oil, Alaska is another.

He was never going to win either of those states.

by Anonymousreply 99October 23, 2020 3:56 PM

Texas is close, but all the white oil people will mechanically vote for the Republican. The real question is whether Hispanics finally come out in huge numbers.

by Anonymousreply 100October 23, 2020 5:03 PM

Texas is undergoing massive voter suppression this year& will likely do so until the GOP can groom conservative Hispanic candidates for office. Hispanic/Latino trend republican within one generation, so Tx will soon have lots of Hispanic GOP candidates & voters.

by Anonymousreply 101October 23, 2020 5:25 PM

Bullshit, R101.

by Anonymousreply 102October 23, 2020 5:44 PM

Post debate polls so far

D4P: Biden +11 CNN: Biden +14 YouGOV: Biden +19 538/IPSOS: Biden +16.9

by Anonymousreply 103October 23, 2020 6:10 PM

The only thing that Biden did, which had I been part of his debate prep team, I would have advised him against, was with much of his mocking of Donald, he didn't change his tone or body language enough before rattling off his impression of something inane and infuriating Donald has or would be likely to say. Many of those 'impressions' contained really inflammatory statements, for obvious reasons, but taken out of context could be made to appear to low information voters, like all of Trump's base and people who didn't watch the debate, to be statements he actually meant because of the lack of change in his affect. I can see how the KGB-GOP could easily mis-use clips of those bits to present an entirely false narrative about Biden's beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 104October 23, 2020 6:13 PM

I wish he would have been more articulate about oil

by Anonymousreply 105October 23, 2020 6:30 PM

[quote]However, the oil companies, if they’re truly run by businessmen, should already be investing in alternative and/or cleaner energies, especially if they take even a cursory look at the coal companies.

They already are.

by Anonymousreply 106October 23, 2020 7:09 PM

r3 That's not alliteration.

by Anonymousreply 107October 23, 2020 7:40 PM

Anyone who has any opinion than Biden is amazing is wasting their breath here. The arguments, the endless polls, the speculations - it doesn't matter. I look forward to the election being over and getting on with life. I have some serious election fatigue! I feel like Joe Biden looked in the last 30 minutes of that debate last night - is it over yet? I voted, it's been received and accounted for. Done and done! I'm looking forward to watching Borat tonight and having some laughs. Whoever wins, I accept it.

by Anonymousreply 108October 23, 2020 8:08 PM

It’s so good to see that there are pedestrian minds in the gay community as well, r106.

by Anonymousreply 109October 23, 2020 8:13 PM

^^^r107 not r106

by Anonymousreply 110October 23, 2020 8:14 PM

[quote]Whoever wins, I accept it.

You sound very easily pleased.

by Anonymousreply 111October 23, 2020 8:14 PM

Trump Trashes New York, Joe Unveils 'Bidencare' At Final Debate - Stephen Colbert's LIVE Monologue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 23, 2020 8:15 PM

I'm getting there R111. I voted, I volunteered for Pete's campaign, I've given money. I did my best.

by Anonymousreply 113October 23, 2020 8:16 PM

Even though he kept his cool and wasn't his usual manic self, Trump lost last night.

And of course, this version of Trump didn't last long cause today he was on the phone with the Israeli PM and wanted BB to mention if "Sleepy Joe" would have done the Sudan recognizes Israel deal that Trump is touting (it's BS but still)... To BB's credit, he didn't take the bait. Guess even he knows Trump is going to lose on Nov 3.

by Anonymousreply 114October 23, 2020 8:36 PM

Trump promised a vaccine in a couple weeks. I'm votin for him.

by Anonymousreply 115October 23, 2020 8:40 PM

What are Trump’s poll numbers post debate?

by Anonymousreply 116October 23, 2020 8:50 PM

I didn't watch the debate (already voted - no need to torture myself) but there was a clip of DUMP from the rear that was shown on one of the morning shows. I swear his rear is so big it would make a Clydesdale look like a Shetland pony! Also he wasn't looking as ORANGE as usual - maybe he was running low on Orange grease paint!

by Anonymousreply 117October 23, 2020 9:08 PM

At this point, about 1/3 have already voted. Maybe a bit more. There may be some undecideds that are 2016 Trump voters that are teetering. There are some people who just want to vote for the winner and don’t really understand politics or anything but winning.

The real question is, how long are they going to wait to vote? If they’re Republicans, maybe until November third. By then, Trump will have done more things and the debate will be forgotten. The main concern is people that were undecided or changed their mind because Trump didn’t seem like a complete rabid animal during the debate, but will vote in the next two or three days. After that, everyone will move on to the next thing he does.

The deciding factor could happen in the last couple of days of October or the beginning of November for undecideds. Crossover or undecided votes are important, but this election is mainly about the candidates getting their base to show up and vote.

Democrats are dead set on Biden. At this point he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue, and they’d vote for him anyway because that’s just how bad Trump is. (He won’t though).

by Anonymousreply 118October 23, 2020 9:21 PM

Cats kill far more birds than wind turbines, despite Trump's claims

[quote]Wind turbines kill about 234,000 birds a year, whereas cats kill 2.4 billion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 23, 2020 9:21 PM

[quote]Crossover or undecided votes are important

Crossover or undecided voters on October 23, 2020 are either idiots or liars.

by Anonymousreply 120October 23, 2020 9:23 PM

As per my rant above, Trump's performance in the debate is not going to affect the presidential election--Biden is still on track to win.

It may hurt some down ballot candidates who were on the bubble-- Jon Ossoff in GA or MJ Hegar in TX-- by convincing some GOP voters who were going to stay home that maybe Trump isn't all that crazy after all.

But that's about it.

As many of you have noted, the debate will quickly fade from memory, Trump will say something crazy again, the 60 Minutes interview will come out and we still have a full week and change to go.

by Anonymousreply 121October 23, 2020 9:28 PM

R120, they’ll be sitting in the voting booth (if they bother to show up) saying, I wonder which one I should vote for? They’re both the same!”

It’s hard to imagine a human being that can think enough to not be a complete vegetable, but that can not know the difference between the two, but somehow they exist. I think of them as thinking very slowly, like a plant slowly turning towards the sun. Or like a sloth. Someday they will know the difference. Maybe in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 122October 23, 2020 9:29 PM

R121 you say everything with such Authority. What is your degree in?

by Anonymousreply 123October 23, 2020 9:30 PM

R122 they will vote for Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 124October 23, 2020 9:30 PM

I suspect most undecideds are Trump 2016 voters and lifelong Republicans who aren't sure they can pull the lever for him again given how bad a president he's been R122

I think they mostly want to be reassured that Biden is not a communist.

You know, like that monster Kamala Harris ;)

by Anonymousreply 125October 23, 2020 9:32 PM

Warren ripping Bloomberg a new one at the democratic debate is the textbook example of how to take the piss out of a candidate. She eviscerated him without breaking a sweat.

With Biden, you can tell it's out of character for him to really "go there", but you need that when dealing with an overgrown bully. A few elephants were in that room last night that were not addressed.

by Anonymousreply 126October 23, 2020 9:33 PM

[quote]Cats kill far more birds than wind turbines, despite Trump's claims

Yeah, but what about the windmill fumes?

by Anonymousreply 127October 23, 2020 9:37 PM

You know, I have no issue with people who just aren't enthusiastic about Biden and just can't bring themselves to vote for him. But for the life of me, I will never understand how ANY sane, rational person could ever vote for Trump. If you really can't vote for Biden -- JUST DON'T VOTE AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 128October 23, 2020 9:39 PM

Those fumes are coming from the windmills of your mind, r127.

by Anonymousreply 129October 23, 2020 9:42 PM

There are lot of people who are unenthusiatic about Biden, but are voting for him because they know he's the only way out of complete fascism at this point.

Voting for Biden is the right thing to do at this point. It's an obligation, a duty. And people are looking at the bigger picture, which is an administration full of up and coming democrats who will be leading the future. So we can get another Barack and Michelle Obama or Bill and Hillary Clinton down the road. Someone who can truly inspire us to be great public citizens.

This election is about writing a wrong. So you roll your eyes when Biden trots out antiquated phrases like "malarkey", and lose interest with his Garrison Keillor stories, because you know down the road this will pay off.

by Anonymousreply 130October 23, 2020 9:47 PM

R127, I agree. Eventually, if windmill building continues, everyone that dies will have been exposed to windmill fumes. Coincidence? I think not!

by Anonymousreply 131October 23, 2020 9:49 PM

R130, I actually disagree—I don’t think voters are unenthusiastic. They may not be over the moon crazy for him, but I think just about everyone who’s voting for him likes him and is happy to vote for him. At least that’s what I see among my circle of friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 132October 23, 2020 9:50 PM

I think older non-Trump voters are content with voting for him, and some happy.

I think younger non-Trump voters are content at best, tolerating it in general, and rejecting it harder than past elections at worst.

He's gotten the majority and it'll probably be strong enough in the important states, but I don't think he has an updraft of youth (as in young adult teens to thirties, not just 'kids') support.

Voting for Biden can be seen as a duty. This could end up a working narrative for November. But remember that an overemphasis on it can bring huge backlash in 2022 and 2024. There has to, ultimately, be a reason to vote FOR someone, or else you have to hope, in a twisted way, the the opposition is increasingly WORSE than last time, to continue to enforce the duty narrative. You shouldn't want the open fascist after the mumbling fascist. That's not a working state of things. Keep fighting to try to get candidates that bring enthusiasm from most quarters of your homeland, to the point that 'duty' to vote is seen as a quirky, alien thing, while most people bother to vote without prompting and they do so for several parties and not just two.

by Anonymousreply 133October 23, 2020 9:57 PM

At this point, it's not about how enthusiastic one is or isn't for Joe Biden. It's about undoing a grievous error from four years ago that has been replacing democracy with fascism. It's not an error that can be corrected overnight: The Supreme Court is just one example of that. But electing Biden will at least put us on the right path. This country cannot survive four more years of an ignorant, unqualified sociopathic narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 134October 23, 2020 9:58 PM

So much bullshit out of Trump’s mouth:

NYC is a ghost town.

Big beautiful health plan will be created.

A Covid vaccine is right around the corner.

He prepaid all his taxes.

His Chinese bank account was closed before he ran for President.

He oversaw the greatest economy ever.

He’s the best for blacks since Lincoln

And on and on and on

by Anonymousreply 135October 23, 2020 9:58 PM

While Biden seem to stumble over words, when you look closely, you realize it was just trying to suppress his stutter. He’s still sharp as a tack

by Anonymousreply 136October 23, 2020 9:59 PM

The results are in from polls, and Biden won this debate, too.

by Anonymousreply 137October 23, 2020 10:01 PM

I've been reading many newspaper accounts and most of them say that Trump was civil and calm, but they fail the mention that he lied throughout. every headline is " Trump, Trump, Trump."

by Anonymousreply 138October 23, 2020 10:12 PM

Well Trump's non-crazy period lasted all of 18 hours.

Bibi Netanyahu (of all people) made him look like an ass this afternoon in front of reporters.

And then at his rally he asked why "no one calls Obama 'Hussein' anymore?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 23, 2020 10:18 PM

Of all the ridiculous verbiage Trump uses as he tries to make an impression with his extremely limited working vocabulary, I think "beautiful" is the one that makes me the sickest, more than "like you've never seen before," "the biggest," and all his other brain-dead tropes. He has no appreciation for beauty, and his concept of the world is so rank and ugly, that the idea of "beauty" attached to anything he thinks of is obscene.

by Anonymousreply 140October 23, 2020 10:37 PM

I agree R140

It's almost like it's leftover from his hotel days "We have a beautiful breakfast buffet every morning. Just perfect. The best rolls, the most delicious eggs. Like nothing you've ever tasted!"

Now it seems like it's his go-to for when he's lying or has no plan.

by Anonymousreply 141October 23, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote]It's already leaving the news cycle lol. "No change" is the overall take.

Rudy's "Borat" crotch grabbing, and Trump's ridiculous 60 Minutes appearance take over the weekend's news cycle, as early voting in more and more states continues.

by Anonymousreply 142October 23, 2020 11:49 PM

[quote]You know, I have no issue with people who just aren't enthusiastic about Biden and just can't bring themselves to vote for him.

Then you are a deranged sadist and psychopath who hates America. If anyone "can't bring themselves" (pearl clutch!) to vote for Trump's only opponent, that is pure derangement!

by Anonymousreply 143October 23, 2020 11:58 PM

[quote]Then you are a deranged sadist and psychopath who hates America. If anyone "can't bring themselves" (pearl clutch!) to vote for Trump's only opponent, that is pure derangement!

Which describes over half of America's fat and lazy population.

by Anonymousreply 144October 24, 2020 12:03 AM

Do you enjoy your work, Svetlana at R143?

by Anonymousreply 145October 24, 2020 12:04 AM

Um, r145, that's not how that works.

by Anonymousreply 146October 24, 2020 12:18 AM

You've charmingly misread what I wrote r145.

Do you enjoy being a tard?

by Anonymousreply 147October 24, 2020 12:48 AM

I’ve read some statements by young black people saying that voting for Biden does “nothing” for them. Really? He put Kamala on the ticket to suit you and that’s nothing? Then where’s Trump’s black VP?

He could have had Pete who’s been loyally going on Fox and fighting for him. He would have kicked Pence’s ass off his spine in the debate. He seems to have a pretty busy schedule.

by Anonymousreply 148October 24, 2020 12:51 AM

Pete is too young and inexperienced for VP.

by Anonymousreply 149October 24, 2020 12:57 AM

[quote] I’ve read some statements by young black people

Let me explain to you how media manipulation works R148

Hint: The word "some" is key

by Anonymousreply 150October 24, 2020 1:10 AM

[quote] I’ve read some statements by young black people saying that voting for Biden does “nothing” for them. Really? He put Kamala on the ticket to suit you and that’s nothing? Then where’s Trump’s black VP?

You truly are the dumbest person the planet. Your racist ass thinks that the black community got something via Kamala. They’re talking about policy. Sit your cracker ass down.

by Anonymousreply 151October 24, 2020 1:16 AM

The take away from undecided voter last night is that that Biden is a good guy. He's a nice guy, has served 47 years in politics, feels genuinely empathetic, and is comforting. The Hunter Biden stuff was water off a ducks back. They do not like Trump personally, but they think he has what it takes to get the economy going and the country opened back up. Biden's gaffe at the end was his was his only real fuck up, but it was a major one. They did a press conference after because his staffed freaked out. He does not have the energy to pull this off. A vote for Biden is a vote for Kamala and everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 152October 24, 2020 1:19 AM

R151, And you’re trying to say Kamala will do nothing for blacks? Her policies will do nothing for blacks? If she runs as President in four years she won’t have any policies that benefit blacks? That seems irrational.

Some people just seem to want to disagree for the hell of it. Biden is certainly not more racist than Trump. That’s insane. Even really uninformed people that have ever heard either one of them talk ought to know better than that.

I guess the next thing you’re going to tell me is Trump loves black people and Biden is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 153October 24, 2020 1:25 AM

[quote]They do not like Trump personally, but they think he has what it takes to get the economy going and the country opened back up.

Why on earth would anyone who walks upright believe such a thing? What has Trump done so far other than get infected and INFECT OTHERS with Covid, some of whom like Chris Christie ended up in the ICU? The only thing has is an idiot's appetite for destruction!

by Anonymousreply 154October 24, 2020 1:32 AM

r151, Tim Black, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 155October 24, 2020 1:32 AM

I saw this as someone who takes covid very seriously and have since the earliest thread. I take all precautions while also not being a shut in. Ultimately, this might be a disease we have to manage as best we can. You can wear a mask or not. The one hunting factor between both parties is stupidity and disregard for the virus. We see it with gays, fraus. People's businesses are dying on the fine. They cannot take anymore restrictions. The public will need to take responsibility for protecting themselves because "protecting others" isn't working. I say this from LA which has nothing indoors except shopping and has had nothing for most of the spring/summer. Biden = regulations and high taxes. Right now, people are worried about money.

by Anonymousreply 156October 24, 2020 1:38 AM

The Times U.K.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 24, 2020 1:41 AM

Sorry for the typos. I'm but you get the gist.

by Anonymousreply 158October 24, 2020 1:41 AM

Oops link not working. See The Times for front page cartoon of Trump at debate.

by Anonymousreply 159October 24, 2020 1:41 AM

Right now, Trump is President, and he’s the one who’s mismanaged the response to COVID. Which is why everyone’s businesses and paychecks. are suffering, R156

by Anonymousreply 160October 24, 2020 1:43 AM

Look at the Times and Politico. The oil thing is the top story. The media really want to destroy America. All for a horse race.

by Anonymousreply 161October 24, 2020 1:43 AM

To drive the point home further: COVID is America’s number one concern, despite what you think you’re seeing in Los Angeles. And guess who Americans trust more to manage COVID?

by Anonymousreply 162October 24, 2020 1:44 AM

R161, here’s the NYT front page (of the website). I don’t know what you’re looking at, but when I look at their site, I don’t see a story about Biden and oil. At least not in the top, I don’t know, 10 headlines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 24, 2020 1:45 AM

Or maybe you meant the Washington Times...

by Anonymousreply 164October 24, 2020 1:46 AM

R163, apologies. You’re right. I checked it about 20 minutes ago. They changed it.

by Anonymousreply 165October 24, 2020 1:47 AM

We shall see. I'm feel like both choices suck balls and I am fine with whoever wins. I am not attached to either at all.

by Anonymousreply 166October 24, 2020 1:47 AM

[quote]I saw this as someone who takes covid very seriously and have since the earliest thread. I take all precautions while also not being a shut in...You can wear a mask or not.

[quote]Sorry for the typos. I'm but you get the gist.

Yeah, I get the gist. You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 167October 24, 2020 1:47 AM

A Politico/Morning Consult poll found that 54% of debate watchers believed Joe Biden won the matchup, while 39% said Donald Trump did. Only 8% of those who watched said they didn’t know or had no opinion.

by Anonymousreply 168October 24, 2020 1:47 AM

R156, Biden is going to raise taxes on people that make over $400,000, and Trump claims “80% of America will get a tax hike.” There’s your problem right there.

Trump thinks 80% of America makes over $400,000. I guess that includes McDonalds employees, students, truck drivers, factory workers. Wow, all I have to do is get a newspaper route and I’m rich. Bring it on.

by Anonymousreply 169October 24, 2020 1:48 AM

Sorry, ladies & gentlemen, I give you:

The New York Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 24, 2020 1:48 AM

DL is Hillary 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 171October 24, 2020 1:49 AM

R166, are you also R156?

by Anonymousreply 172October 24, 2020 1:49 AM

What does that mean, R171?

by Anonymousreply 173October 24, 2020 1:49 AM

This song is dedicated to the last undecided voter:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 24, 2020 1:52 AM

I am R172

by Anonymousreply 175October 24, 2020 1:52 AM

A Politico/Morning Consult poll found that 54% of debate watchers believed Joe Biden won the matchup, while 39% said Donald Trump did. Only 8% of those who watched said they didn’t know or had no opinion.

by Anonymousreply 176October 24, 2020 1:55 AM

For your viewing pleasure:

[quote]TRUMP’S EYES WHEN BIDEN SAID “COCAINE!” Omg! - Melissa Cruz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 24, 2020 2:34 AM

R177 The funniest thing this year.

by Anonymousreply 178October 24, 2020 2:36 AM

R156 is quite a persistent, prolific troll, dropping his/her turds all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 179October 24, 2020 2:39 AM

[quote]Your racist ass thinks that the black community got something via Kamala. They’re talking about policy. Sit your cracker ass down.

And the policy they got from Trump is..... .?

by Anonymousreply 180October 24, 2020 3:12 AM

[quote]Texas is already transitioning from the oil industry thanks to Rick Perry's aggressive promotion of wind energy while he was governor. It was a good move; we now lead the nation in wind production. I guess he forgot. - Patrick Watson

[quote]Hey Texas and Pennsylvania, @ JoeBiden just admitted he would transition from the oil industry, effectively killing an estimated 11 million jobs. - Rick Perry, the idiotic former governor of Texas, the one with the good hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 24, 2020 3:26 AM

[bold]The fastest growing job in Texas is wind turbine technician, data projects[/bold]

. . .

Wind turbine service technicians will be in high demand from now until at least 2026, according to the government-funded Projections Managing Partnership that uses data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Between 2017 and 2019, the number of jobs to service wind turbines will increase 20.1 percent, the data shows. And by 2026, wind turbine service jobs will more than double.

Wind and solar energy projects are also expected to be the fastest growing source of new generation over the next two years, according to a previous report by the Energy Department. Wind is projected to grow 12 percent in 2019 and 14 percent in 2020.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 24, 2020 3:28 AM

[quote]We shall see. I'm feel like both choices suck balls and I am fine with whoever wins. I am not attached to either at all.

Too many words. "I'm a moron" would have sufficed.

by Anonymousreply 183October 24, 2020 3:31 AM

Except I don't think that nearly as many people have voted yet for Trump as may have already done so for Biden.

Many more Dems may have taken advantage of early, mail-in voting due to conscientiously greater anti-COVID safety concerns. More Republicans are the non-college-educated shift, first-responder and "blue-collar" workers who don't work cushier 9-5, weekend-off and leave-time-generous jobs and may devote their voting right until on Election Day in lieu of not having or taking a chance away from their schedules to do so earlier; and Repubs will tend to want to continue to patriotically vote symbolically right on Election Day. I know lots of people want there to be some changing demographic in 2020 where there may be more of a Silent Blue early invisible vote for Biden; but I think there could still be a later Silent Red voting spike for Trum right on the very last (and arguably most important) voting day.

by Anonymousreply 184October 24, 2020 3:41 AM

The cartoon from the Times-UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 24, 2020 4:05 AM

Oops. It won't link like a normal image. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 186October 24, 2020 4:06 AM

Republicans will vote in person historically.

by Anonymousreply 187October 24, 2020 6:28 AM

[quote] More Republicans are the non-college-educated shift, first-responder and "blue-collar" workers who don't work cushier 9-5, weekend-off and leave-time-generous jobs and may devote their voting right until on Election Day in lieu of

Bullshit! A huge chunk of republicans are retired, fat rats with nothing but copious amounts of time on their hands to watch FOX news and agonize over their taxes.

by Anonymousreply 188October 24, 2020 6:42 AM

No, R187, historically Republicans have has a huge mail-in voting game. Donald fucked that all for them this year. Now they're going to go try and vote, but there are a lot fewer places to do that now because of Republican voter suppression. Wheeeee!

by Anonymousreply 189October 24, 2020 7:49 AM

[quote]TRUMP’S EYES WHEN BIDEN SAID “COCAINE!” Omg! - Melissa Cruz

It's almost as if he loves cocaine as much as Ivanka herself.

by Anonymousreply 190October 24, 2020 8:02 AM

[quote]I’ve read some statements by young black people saying that voting for Biden does “nothing” for them. Really? He put Kamala on the ticket to suit you and that’s nothing? Then where’s Trump’s black VP?

You really don't see the inherent racism and condescension in that statement r148?

by Anonymousreply 191October 24, 2020 8:09 AM

Kamala was a clear pander to the black vote. Let's hope they show up in droves for Biden. She was not the best choice, but time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 192October 24, 2020 8:13 AM

r192's posts are leaving skidmarks in the threads.

by Anonymousreply 193October 24, 2020 12:51 PM

R192 is correct about the pandering to women and blacks.

by Anonymousreply 194October 24, 2020 12:57 PM

Pander? Black voters and women got Joe South Carolina and turned the trajectory of his campaign around. Kamala was a good choice, maybe not the best but she is young, smart and energetic.

by Anonymousreply 195October 24, 2020 1:14 PM

And I am correct in my assessment that you are a bloody stool, r194.

by Anonymousreply 196October 24, 2020 1:17 PM

R184 While in the cohort of "non-college educated whites" Trump has majority support, the notion that Trumper voters are "poor blue collar" is absolutely wrong, and gets repeated over and over. In all categories of income above $50k a year, Trump had a majority. This myth of the "poor oppressed white guy" that votes Trump is BS...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 24, 2020 3:00 PM

How was Kamala a pander? Kamala is a mixed race American woman of Indian and African descent from San Francisco who identifies as black. While she checks off a lot of boxes, there is no mistaking that she is qualified. If he wanted to pander, there were many other directions he could have gone in.

Also Biden made a bold choice by running with someone who could pull focus. Hillary chose Kaine because he would not pull focus.

by Anonymousreply 198October 24, 2020 3:04 PM

The vice presidential nomination is almost always a pander to somebody, some group, some faction, some region - or if possible a combination. It's never some pure pick based on some mythical qualifications test. What the hell do you think Mike Pence is doing there? Or Paul Ryan, or pretty much every other VP nominee in history.

by Anonymousreply 199October 24, 2020 3:47 PM

It is interesting though... maybe skewed by the weirdness of COVID, but the story really really really has been Biden - very traditional (as the stories are Trump and was Clinton, not Kaine.) I thought somehow KH would be a much bigger deal as a woman of colour, but the coverage has been limited, more than I thought. Maybe she's actually not as big a deal out there as she is on here. Good choice, but maybe everybody totally overestimated the importance of VP.

by Anonymousreply 200October 24, 2020 4:32 PM

Yeah, I just don’t understand why they are not using Kamala more and more prominently, especially with black, youth, and women voters.

by Anonymousreply 201October 24, 2020 4:35 PM

We don't really know where she is campaigning, the media isn't covering her but they don't really cover Pence either. Follow her on Insta if you want to know.

by Anonymousreply 202October 24, 2020 4:37 PM

Writing in the WSJ, Peggy Noonan was mortified that Kamala was dancing at her rallies.

by Anonymousreply 203October 24, 2020 5:29 PM

If Lindsay Graham wasn't already Aunt Pittypat, Peggy Noonan would be.

She must be ninety.

by Anonymousreply 204October 24, 2020 5:32 PM

[quote]Peggy Noonan was mortified that Kamala was dancing at her rallies.

I can only imagine Kamala's response if Peggy Noonan started dancing.

by Anonymousreply 205October 24, 2020 5:35 PM

Don't the windmills blow the fumes away?

by Anonymousreply 206October 24, 2020 5:45 PM

I thought the comment about Harris was particularly amusing in light of Trumps rump shaking to YMCA at his rallies

by Anonymousreply 207October 24, 2020 5:50 PM

What? Huh? Did someone call me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 24, 2020 6:04 PM

Agree, R200. Kamala was a pander as I suggested upthread. Once she was selected, they made the announcement and then put her in the basement. To be fair, I don't think VP's are usually that big of a deal until they are elected. I remember anything about Kain. I think if BLM were happening and since there is such a desperation to beat Trump, his smartest move would have been a young white guy like Pete or Beto. The homophobia is real. If Pete were straight, he would have gone much farther, but that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 209October 24, 2020 6:06 PM

[quote]The homophobia is real.

As is the misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 210October 24, 2020 6:11 PM

[quote]The vice presidential nomination is almost always a pander

In what respect, Charlie?

by Anonymousreply 211October 24, 2020 6:12 PM

Speaking of voter suppression. The fat fool is telling his terrorist thugs to show up at the polls and "watch".

But the majority of his cultists are waiting until Election day to vote. The fool is telling his thugs to intimidate his own voters.

by Anonymousreply 212October 24, 2020 6:20 PM

He himself voted in Palm Beach today though R212

"You all go and get sick, I'll just do what's best for me"

by Anonymousreply 213October 24, 2020 6:27 PM

The VP is supposed to balance the ticket in some way.

It used to be that they had to swing an important state to the ticket. (Biden already had California so that didn't apply in this case)

Harris balances it in Age, Gender and Race. Geographically she's West Coast, he's East Coast. She's not too liberal but has gone further than VP Biden.

With BLM a an ongoing issue to most Americans, with the support that Black women have ALWAYS given to the Democratic Party - it was time. VP Biden chose wisely and well.

Pete is on the rise and on the move - he is fucking KILLING it right now. His day is coming. Remember - he was only a mayor in Indiana before this. He did himself a tremendous amount of good in his presidential bid. Give him a chance to build his resume.

by Anonymousreply 214October 24, 2020 6:31 PM

[quote]The fool is telling his thugs to intimidate his own voters.

Doesn't matter, so long as it seems strong and violent. Similar in his mind to wife-beating.

by Anonymousreply 215October 24, 2020 6:47 PM

Trump has really shot himself in the foot with all this promoting the idea of voting in person on Election Day. Red states have eliminated polling places, making voting an ordeal. A lot of Trump supporters are old or obese. They can’t wait in line all day. Meanwhile, most Democrats will be finished long before. Then he tells the Proud Boys to go intimidate voters at the polling places. So they’ll be intimidating Republicans.

He tells Republicans that masks are for sissies. So all the Republicans will be in line together. Some will have Covid. And they won’t want to wear masks, so at some point the masks will be off. So they’ll bring Covid home.

It seems like Trump wants to kill off Trump voters. Or discourage them from voting.

by Anonymousreply 216October 24, 2020 6:54 PM

R203 ...but I am sure she is delighted to see Trump, in his fat-girl pants suits, shimmying to YMCA....

Pandering: "smart choice" when it is to select a VP with certain qualities intended to appeal to white voters (Johnson to keep the South, Kaine to appeal to white working class in the rust belt) and "pandering" when appealing to black voters. Right.

by Anonymousreply 217October 24, 2020 6:57 PM

Republicans are turning out to vote early in some states, including Nevada, North Carolina, and Florida. Republicans in North Carolina have really embraced early voting since at least 2014, and Democrats seem to be lagging their expected early voting totals there.

by Anonymousreply 218October 24, 2020 6:59 PM

Asshole doesn't want them to vote early. He wants chaos and complaints and "We were STOPPED from voting because of lines, Democrats, Satan, Communism, but mostly Democrats!" out of his proles on Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 219October 24, 2020 7:03 PM

"With BLM a an ongoing issue to most Americans, with the support that Black women have ALWAYS given to the Democratic Party - it was time. VP Biden chose wisely and well."

So you admit it was a pander.

by Anonymousreply 220October 24, 2020 7:13 PM

America has been pandering to mediocre white Men for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 221October 24, 2020 7:18 PM

I’m fine with pandering if it makes winning more likely.

by Anonymousreply 222October 24, 2020 7:18 PM

R220 Again, please explain why it's ok to "appeal" to white voters but wrong to "pander" to black voters.

by Anonymousreply 223October 24, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote] Harris balances [the ticket] in Age, Gender and Race. Geographically she's West Coast, he's East Coast. She's not too liberal but has gone further than VP Biden.

Not a pander.

by Anonymousreply 224October 24, 2020 7:22 PM

Off topic, who are the most powerful open gay men in politics and what is their ratio to woman. We are like "what about the mysogony", "what about a woman of color". What about the gays? What about gay men of color? It seems like white women especially are doing better than we are in hierarchy of life.

by Anonymousreply 225October 24, 2020 7:23 PM

Pander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 24, 2020 7:27 PM

White straight women are more socially/politically/culturally advanced than white gay men?

Uh.. yeah. Are you just figuring this out now? Have you been in one of those extended comas?

Straight always advances ahead of Gay. White always advances ahead of Black, Brown, Yellow, or any color. Closeted white men always advance ahead of women.

I'm not sure where your surprise comes from, are you new to our planet?

by Anonymousreply 227October 24, 2020 7:27 PM

Pander.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 24, 2020 7:28 PM

Pander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 24, 2020 7:30 PM

Harris in Cleveland today. Goes to thank early voters before giving a speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 24, 2020 7:34 PM

Pander.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 24, 2020 7:36 PM

Just block the friggin' pander troll...

by Anonymousreply 232October 24, 2020 7:44 PM

R230, campaigning within a certain amount of space from a voting area is illegal. I hope she was careful not to do that.

by Anonymousreply 233October 24, 2020 7:54 PM

She was on a megaphone from a distance, merely thanking the voters for voting early

by Anonymousreply 234October 24, 2020 7:56 PM

I cannot wait for SNL tonight. Definitely riffs on:

Windmills kill birds.

Laptop from hell!

Proud Boys/Poor Boys joke

by Anonymousreply 235October 24, 2020 8:05 PM

And I'm sure you'll be disappointed, r235. It'll suck like usual.

by Anonymousreply 236October 24, 2020 8:14 PM

Don't forget me, r235.

by Anonymousreply 237October 24, 2020 8:29 PM

The billboards in Times Sq will make an appearance in Weekend Update.

by Anonymousreply 238October 24, 2020 8:31 PM

They're stupid and they're doomed. I mean, I don't want to get overconfident, but seriously, at this point if they're bitching about Kamala dancing, they're stupid and they're doomed.

by Anonymousreply 239October 24, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote]And you’re trying to say Kamala will do nothing for blacks? Her policies will do nothing for blacks?

She's put them in jail.

by Anonymousreply 240October 24, 2020 10:36 PM

[quote][R151], And you’re trying to say Kamala will do nothing for blacks? Her policies will do nothing for blacks? If she runs as President in four years she won’t have any policies that benefit blacks? That seems irrational.

You cannot be this stupid. Just because she's black doesn't mean she's going to do anything for the black community. Jesus Christ. That's like saying Republican women are going to do something for American women. All you see is skin color. You're a racist through and through, not to mention completely retarded.

by Anonymousreply 241October 24, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote]Yeah, I just don’t understand why they are not using Kamala more and more prominently, especially with black, youth, and women voters.

Because the black community despises her. That's why she didn't win the nomination. Her entire political history is locking black people up for pot. They're voting for Biden in spite of her.

by Anonymousreply 242October 24, 2020 10:40 PM

[italic]He put Kamala on the ticket to suit you and that’s nothing?

This is so racist it's not even funny. And you wonder why the black community hates white gay men. Too dumb to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 243October 24, 2020 10:42 PM

[quote]He put Kamala on the ticket to suit you and that’s nothing?

This is so racist it's not even funny. And you wonder why the black community hates white gay men. Too dumb to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 244October 24, 2020 10:42 PM

no, black people do not all hate gay people. do you honestly believe that, or are you just some stupid cunt trying to get black people and gay people to hate each other?

by Anonymousreply 245October 24, 2020 11:03 PM

Hey everyone, we’re all on the same side. Stop picking fights. We aren’t the enemy. Dump and his minions are.

by Anonymousreply 246October 24, 2020 11:10 PM

we will be soon enough r246. Well, hope not enemies exactly, but I want a goddamn progressive administration. I want a president who does not fall for horseshit about the deficit, or the norms, or a thousand fucking things about foreign policy or what we can and cannot let the poor unwashed Americans understand about their government. others will disagree. And pack those fucking Courts already, god fucking dammit!

by Anonymousreply 247October 24, 2020 11:13 PM

FFS, most of the people arrested in CA for pot while Kamala Harris was AG never served jail time, and it wasn't even the AG (Kamala) who prosecuted most of those cases anyway. They are handled at a local level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 24, 2020 11:18 PM

[quote]It seems like Trump wants to kill off Trump voters.

And this is a problem why?

by Anonymousreply 249October 24, 2020 11:56 PM

The fight pickers are trolls, r246.

by Anonymousreply 250October 25, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote]Writing in the WSJ, Peggy Noonan was mortified that Kamala was dancing at her rallies.

How does she feel about Trump dancing at his ralllies? I know I'm mortified.

by Anonymousreply 251October 25, 2020 1:48 AM

Peggy Noonan, calling from the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 252October 25, 2020 1:55 AM

Actually, Peggy would love that, R252.

by Anonymousreply 253October 25, 2020 1:59 AM

Here's the Noonan quote

[quote] For her part, vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris is, when on the trail, giddy. She’s dancing with drum lines and beginning rallies with “Wassup, Florida!” She’s throwing her head back and laughing a loud laugh, especially when nobody said anything funny. She’s the younger candidate going for the younger vote, and she’s going for a Happy Warrior vibe, but she’s coming across as insubstantial, frivolous. When she started to dance in the rain onstage, in Jacksonville, Fla., to Mary J. Blige’s “Work That,” it was embarrassing.

[quote] Apparently you’re not allowed to say these things because she’s a woman, and she’s doubling down on giddy because you’re not allowed to say them. I, however, take Ms. Blige’s advice to heart: I will not sweat it, I will be myself. Kamala Harris is running for vice president of the United States in an era of heightened and unending crisis. The world, which doubts our strength, our character and our class, is watching. If you can’t imitate gravity, could you at least try for seriousness? I hate the shallowness with which politics is now done, the absolute puerility of it. Do you? We’re on the losing side. The future is an endless loop of Barack Obama on “Between Two Ferns,” stamping on your face, forever.

by Anonymousreply 254October 25, 2020 3:08 AM

Peggy has a lot of nerve saying that about Kamala and Barack—IN THE AGE OF TRUMP. Shut the fuck up, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 255October 25, 2020 3:11 AM

R254 She's so..... labored..... as a writer.

by Anonymousreply 256October 25, 2020 3:11 AM

Kamala has BDF

by Anonymousreply 257October 25, 2020 3:12 AM

That quote is what's embarrassing, Pegs.

by Anonymousreply 258October 25, 2020 4:14 AM

I’m so tired of the word “pander” in this context. Yes, the VP has always been strategically picked to balance out a ‘weakness’ in the president. Biden was a pander of you want to use the term. They balanced out young, black and relatively inexperienced with old, white and experienced. But “pander” is only used when it’s a black or female candidate. We have been pandering to straight white men for centuries, terrified to do anything that would upset them. When a candidate has the balls to chose a black woman (a very experienced one who does bring strengths that he doesn’t have) it’s a “pander” and nothing else. So how long do we wait then? Forever it seems because anytime a woman or person of color is chosen they will say it’s a cheap pander and idiots on the left will try to convince our own to stay home and not fall for the pander. So good on Joe for choosing her. It is nice to see women of color who have supported our party loyally get some representation in the highest offices. If Pete had been chosen everyone but DL would have dismissed him a cheap pander too. I’m sick and tired of us contributing to this lazy, regressive way of marginalizing all but straight, White men in politics. And no if Pete was chosen he would not have debated the way he speaks on Fox. The campaign would not let him. There is only so far the Pres and VP can go. Then other members of the party can step up and be the attach dogs on the news and social media.

Bernie Sanders gave a rally yesterday and his was all about workers rights. Great speech and I hope he is secretary of labor but Joe could never bring up some of the things Bernie brought up because he would be labelled a commie. As it is Joe’s policy to raise taxes on those earning over 400K has idiots saying he’s taxing everyone, he’s taxing 85%, he’ll lose because nobody wants to pay more tax. People are either very stupid or living in a bubble if they think many people earn that much. In fact promising to raise taxes on those earning over 400K get the car horns bleating at every rally because guess what the people there have (like myself) never have a friend or family member who makes close to that number.

by Anonymousreply 259October 25, 2020 11:25 AM

I know a person has to be a natural-born US citizen and has to be over 35 to be elected president.

Does a person also have to have gigantic false teeth to qualify? Is that written into the Constitution?

by Anonymousreply 260October 25, 2020 11:43 AM

I’ll also add the my uncle is a high ranking police officer in the U.K., being AG of California is a job I would not do for a million dollars a year. In the U.K. it’s more of a class issue than a race issue but the challenges are the same. I grew up in a rough council estate in Liverpool. When we were victims of crime, the perp was always our own. So we were day to day the biggest victims of criminals in our own social class. We needed police protection but because the police associated our “type” and our estate with crime we were also profiled ourselves. When I was a teen I was frequently stopped by the coppers walking down the street and asked where I was going and then if I knew anything about a certain incident. We were also treated unfairly because our class and address did bias the criminal justice system. Lots of young lads got pulled up in front of a judge for having a bit of hash or having a tustle outside the pub. Needless to say if a doctors son was caught with hash it would be dealt with very differently.

So the black community in America are in a similar bind. Black people are the primary victims of black criminals. So they need the protection of the police and criminal justice system but the system and the society has associated all blacks with crime and punishes black criminals more severely. Where do you start to make things better? Most people start with the children to try to stop another generation of criminality by removing the things that lead to juvenile crime. So at a community level you homework clubs, free books and lunches, sports programmes. You go after truancy. When I was a kid in the U.K., the head teacher would drive into our estate and snatch children into his car and take them to school!! These days that it not done but legally parents can be prosecuted.

It’s an uphill battle than will take generations to solve. My estate back in Liverpool has improved a bit. Not a lot. I have a lot of sympathy for black Americans in this struggle and I have no idea how to unravel it all. When your community is treated so unfairly by law enforcement but your community is also largely the victim of black criminals it’s just a mess to unravel.

If you’re the AG/police commissioner and you try to help the victims of crime you get blamed for locking people up by the people who are the victims of this crime. If you try to be softer on crime then without major reforms in the community you just have more victims

My uncle retires in 2021. He’s proud of one of two small victories but ultimately frustrated at not getting much done and leaving the world mostly as he found it. I have seen some recent internees with Ms Harris and have a greater appreciation of what she was trying to do but I don’t think any AG or President or politician can bring about much change alone.

R260 That seems to be a requirement of being an American, full stop. I’m very ashamed of my British teeth!! Even after a Zoom treatment mine are nowhere need the big chicklets all around me.

by Anonymousreply 261October 25, 2020 11:55 AM

Biden and Harris care so much for American people and climate change, that they are going to escalate fracking and military spending!!!! Yay!

Fracking pollutes the phreatic mantle, causes respiratory problems and birth defects and earthquakes BUT, Trump is the devil and we must vote for people for are just like him but say that they are not!!!

Also, watch the video below: allegedly, after the debate, the number of Democrat voters who want a ban on fracking has gone from 65% to 49%? REALLY???!?!!!

This is insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 25, 2020 12:15 PM

They are saying that (esp Kamala) to beat Trump. Once he is beaten and out of the way a Dem president, Senate and House will of course work towards green energy and yea eventually banning fracking. Joe and Kamala will lose today if they say they want to ban fracking on a debate stage. It is a strategic move to win, take back the senate from the horror that is “the grim reaper” and then get to work. When Trump and the Repubs say they will protect those we preexisting conditions and do more for clacks than Lincoln do you believe that too or do you say BS to appeal to suburban women and the grim reaper will block every bill. It’s politics.

by Anonymousreply 263October 25, 2020 12:28 PM

R262, blame the electoral college for Biden having to say he won’t stop fracking. There are several states that have a lot of fracking that are swing states. If he doesn’t get at least one, it’s Trump for another four years. He has no choice.

Get rid of the electoral college and this pandering to selfish ignoramuses will end.

by Anonymousreply 264October 25, 2020 12:32 PM

Are you trying to push people to third party candidates or stay home? They are saying what needs to be said for a blue wave. Shut your pie hole for 8 days, just 8 days. Then when we have a Democratic President, House and Senate write your congressperson. Write your Senator. Write Ms Harris. Engage online if you are so inclined. When Harris/Biden take care of the American public with healthcare, a wage increase, sane caring leadership that doesn’t stir up militias and white nationalists, a Covid plan......we can push the party and the nation to the left.

But this expectation for 100% purity from the Dems every time they speak has got to stop. I mean some people on our side wanted Pelosi to resign for fat shaming Trump!! It just gives us Trump and McConnell and the R has no purity test. They would support the Devil himself for a tax break and a Bible in every classroom.

by Anonymousreply 265October 25, 2020 12:37 PM

I saw this on David Hogg’s twitter feed. Hopefully this is what happens on November 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 25, 2020 1:10 PM

R266 That will be my profile pic if we pull off the win!

by Anonymousreply 267October 25, 2020 1:38 PM

one man's pander is another man's strategery

by Anonymousreply 268October 25, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote] I grew up in a rough council estate in Liverpool. When we were victims of crime, the perp was always our own.

Forgive me for asking something off-topic, but were you ever roughed up by some scally Chang lads who then pinned you down and forced you to choke on their big, fat, uncut British hogs, or take them up inside your butthole? I KNOW this is off-topic, but it’s precisely where my mind went when I read that section of your post, and I just have to find out.

by Anonymousreply 269October 26, 2020 12:57 AM

that was, CHAV, not Chang!

by Anonymousreply 270October 26, 2020 12:57 AM

Hello, R263. Do you think that those in the swing states that depend on oil and fracking don't know that this is exactly the plan that Biden and Kamala have in mind? They know they are blowing smoke up their asses b/c less than a year ago both were anti fracking during the primaries. Joe wants to ban oil, which was a huge oops in the debate.

by Anonymousreply 271October 26, 2020 7:51 AM

He didn’t say he wanted to “ban oil,” R; that’s Trumpster spin.

by Anonymousreply 272October 26, 2020 7:58 AM

I watched the entire debate. Yes he did - explicitly and Trump was smart enough to jump on it. People don't want a bait and switch from the democrats which is what we know we are going to get.

by Anonymousreply 273October 26, 2020 8:01 AM

I'm not used to seeing "Trump" and "smart" in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 274October 26, 2020 8:46 AM

LOL R274 Neither am I.

by Anonymousreply 275October 26, 2020 11:56 PM

R273, except he did not say that. Trump was ranting about how Biden wanted “destroy” the oil industry. Biden said that there should be no federal subsidies for fossil fuel industries. Everyone knows that the transition to cleaner energy is coming. But perhaps you are trying to sell the “Biden is a crazy socialist” line.

by Anonymousreply 276October 27, 2020 12:07 AM

I have r273 on ignore r276 if that helps.

by Anonymousreply 277October 27, 2020 12:13 AM

"He was against fracking," Trump said. "He said it ... until he got the nomination, went to Pennsylvania, then he said -- but you know what Pennsylvania, he'll be against it very soon because his party is totally against it.".

Biden's response: "No, we would -- we would work it out. We would make sure it's eliminated and no more subsidies for either one of those, either -- any fossil fuel."

During Thursday's debate, Trump pressed Biden on whether he would shut down the oil industry.

"I would transition from the oil industry, yes," Biden responded.

by Anonymousreply 278October 27, 2020 1:11 AM

I also have R273 blocked already.

by Anonymousreply 279October 27, 2020 2:31 AM

National League Champions win...

Democrats win the Presidency

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

by Anonymousreply 280October 28, 2020 4:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!