Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Good Hope Meghan Markle stays off......... Girl loves the limelight!!!

Meghan Markle, Duchess Of Sussex Quitting Social Media – 5 Reasons It Is A Good Thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2020 11:24 PM

FUCK YOU WHITE RACIST STRAIGHT CUNT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2020 3:17 PM

The Cuntress can never quit the social media, until death do they part.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2020 3:21 PM

R1 I am saying this as a black gay man...criticizing Meghan Markle for her behaviour or how she executed her roll as a member of the royal family shouldn't automatically be conflated with racism. I don't buy the line that the British Press were so harsh on her because of her racial background (a background she didn't mention btw until after she became famous). I mean people seem to forget the "Waity Katie" or "Lazy Katie" years, or the "Duchess of Pork" or the fact the media hounded Diana to death. Meghan's claims and actions don't always align.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2020 3:27 PM

It’s only an effective flounce if people are paying attention, Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2020 3:33 PM

OP is the perfect example of why we need punctuation.

Interesting timing for this.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2020 3:36 PM

I know she and Harry have gotten in trouble for being anti-Trump but that’s the main reason I can tolerate them

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2020 3:49 PM

R6 Yeah....one of their few redeeming features...but btw, it's well known that people like Charles, William are not Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2020 3:51 PM

I think I will survive......

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2020 3:58 PM

She has beautiful teeth.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2020 4:30 PM

Poor Harry-

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2020 4:32 PM

R-1 I know I've led a sheltered life and I don't really know the anatomy of a female that well. But, what the fuck is that thing coming out of that v jay jay? Is that the norm or photoshop gone mad?

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2020 4:35 PM

R11

I believe it is a prolapsed uterus.

The picture is absolutely disgusting and should be removed.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2020 4:36 PM

2 weeks max. She will jones for it like a crackhead for a rock .

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2020 4:45 PM

I wonder if Netflix dropped the boom on her? Saying that her toxicity level had to be addressed before they could go any further.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2020 5:11 PM

R11 Thank you! I have no idea what the balloon-y thing is or why someone would want to put their tongue in it.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2020 5:14 PM

Fortunately I have r1 blocked from way back when, so I never see those hideous and irrelevant posts.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2020 5:16 PM

R14, Netflix isn’t doing very well, and I’m sure they don’t have that kind of influence over her private and personal behavior.

No one tells her what to do.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2020 8:08 PM

It's a meaningless statement. Her PR and worker drones will do it for her.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2020 8:13 PM

R2 I am a black female bisexual who remember the Straight Out of Compton headline when it was first announced she was dating Harry. Once that line was crossed it is hard for me to see it as any other way.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2020 8:17 PM

R3 Here, here! Meghan wouldn't know true racism if it slapped her in the face. I am a dark black man, I am pulled over by the police at least once every couple months for a "license and registration check," I get security guards following me in stores, I've been called the N word by random white men driving past the road etc. Meghan is light enough that she get by as a "tanned" white person. In fact, allegedly she hide that fact she was half black until she was cast on Suits. She talks about her racial struggles in high school, and yet so many of her classmates (some of them black) have said she never talked about her mother when she was in high school. Sorry Meghan is one of those black people who only plays being black when it's to her advantage while the rest of us take the brunt of it.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2020 2:43 AM

Thank you r20, I agree with everything you wrote.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2020 3:02 AM

R20, I do not see how that changes anything. So now as black people we have a measuring stick to measure how much racism one must experience to complain about it?

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2020 4:50 AM

It does occur to me to wonder if this withdrawal is pre-emptively happening with an eye on the Mail court case.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2020 8:04 AM

Stop posting pictures of your pussy, R1!

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2020 8:24 AM

R23, that’s what I think, too.

Of course, the source at OP is a cesspool, so, grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2020 1:13 PM

If she quits social media, how will we all know if she’s OK?

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2020 1:17 PM

I don't understand this thread. Was there a link at OP and it's been removed?

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2020 1:54 PM

R22 If you were actually a black person, and not a white guy pretending to be black because you're a Meghan-bot, you would have understood what I'm referring to. I am by no means saying that fair black folks or mixed race people don't experience racism, far from it, or that we should can only complain about racism if it reaches a certain level (although lets be honest, Meghan is in a position of privilege with her rich white husband, and her $15 million mansion and British tax payer funded security). There are also dark black people (Oprah, RuPaul) who despite being black, assimilate into the white community to the extent that they rarely actually campaign black causes such as BLM.

What I am saying is that there is a propensity within the fairer skin community to try and assimilate to the white community and only lament the plight of the black community when it servers their purpose. Meghan did not mention her mixed racial heritage until after she was cast on Suits (likely because she feared if she admitted to being half-black it would limit the parts she could audition for) and didn't dive deeply into her experiences of racism until questions were raised in tabloids (before she even met Harry) about her long history of suddenly dropping close friends and romantic partners. Look, I wanted to Meghan to be a success in the royal family because it was a huge step in representation in our country. The country that for all intense and purposes invented black slavery to grow its empire. But anyone with half a brain can see what kind of person Meghan is. She is a self-opportunistic who does and says whatever she needs to to make money.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2020 3:49 PM

R28, while I understand your point I have to push back on the colorism. Yes, I know that biracial and fair skin black folk are able to easily assimilate into the white community (I believe Meghan has done just that all of her life) but colorism has been a major source of divisiveness that has plagued our community since slavery. It has to stop. While some of us may have it easier, none of us are safe as long as racism exist. I write this as a black woman who fair skinned and dark skinned relatives.

I do believe that a good percentage of the vitriol towards her is based on race. Further, her blatant refusal to adhere to the archaic rules of the BRF and the British aristocracy enraged people more because how dare a black woman not bow down to her betters. Sure, I believe she is self-serving and the things you described but then I believe that to be true of the BRF and a majority of the human race.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2020 5:26 PM

"Duchess of Pork" is still the best nickname ever.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2020 5:44 PM

[quote] Further, her blatant refusal to adhere to the archaic rules of the BRF and the British aristocracy enraged people more because how dare a black woman not bow down to her betters.

Everybody knows what the deal is with the BRF. If you marry into that institution, you know what that entails. Meghan only married into it because she wanted to be famous. She was a D-List actress in her late thirties and her options were limited.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2020 6:01 PM

R29 I disagree with you...sorry. I'm assuming your American so you probably don't under how vicious the british press are with the royal family at times. It's part of the deal. You're being funded by public money so you should expect scrutiny. Kate was the focus of press attacks for years and really it's only been in the last three or four years that they've began to be positive with her. Camilla was LOATHED by the press for ages, Fergie the whole "Duchess of Pork" thing. Margaret, Philip, Charles, and on and on. The only prominent royal really not subject to it is the Queen and the late Queen Mum.

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2020 3:27 AM

She should be Donald Trump's next wife since both of their marriages are on the rocks. It would be a marriage between two of the world's luckiest (but in no way whatsoever great) con artists.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2020 4:17 AM

The archaic rules of the BRF... like what? Coordinating appearances and press so people don't step on each other? Accepting that every animal is not the 'same'? If the BRF is archaic then every place you ever worked is too, with its hierarchy and division of labor.

They knew what the job was. Luxury at every turn, citizen and media scrutiny, unimaginable opportunities, travel, lots of free time and so on. But as somewhat pointed out, what would you choose, acess to 1000 years if history and Queen Elizabeth, or Kat McPhee. Liz or Kat, Liz or Kat, hmmm

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2020 7:51 AM

I think the Compton slur wasn't meant to be racist but an attack on her lower class upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2020 10:27 AM

Do I think Meghan was subjected to racism sentiments? By some people yes. With Brexit and Boris, the deplorable (mostly in England) feel more comfortable being vocal. Do I believe that racism is why Meghan was treated poorly by the press and became unpopular with the British people? Not really. In all honesty, the concern around Meghan seem to have more to do with the fact that she was an actress and that she and Harry had only be going out for a year before they got engaged.

People wondered if she actually loved him, or was this a stepping-stone for her: it was complicated by the fact that she had basically disowned everyone one in her family (except her mother) once she got Suits (her father having paid for her university education), and then dumped her first husband by sending his rings back through the mail with divorce papers, allegedly not even bothering to tell him prior to this that here was trouble in the marriage. She left her husband for Cory Vitiello (a Canadian Chef) whom she also left to be with Harry (allegedly Viteillo didn't know the relationship was over until he saw a tabloid photo of Meghan kissing Harry outside of Meghan's apartment). Added to that is a long list of friends that she dropped over her career.

Here's the thing, if you live in Britian than you know the Press is brutal to celebrities, particularly those who challenge the status quo. It's clear Meghan and Harry wanted to reform the Monarchy (which is great, having a woman of colour in the family was a big deal and positive step forward) but increasingly it seemed like they wanted to be the star of the show and in a hierarchical institution, that just wasn't the way it worked. Meghan and Harry woudl always have to play backseat to William and Kate and I think that's where the issue really lay. My take is Meghan wanted to be the next Diana and adored, when that didn't happen she decided to go to the bank (literally) with her title and turn it into a cash earning cow. She will stay with Harry until she gets all the use she can out of him and then dump his ass and get a pretty penny in the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2020 3:34 PM

R36 She didn't just date Cory Vitiello she was apparently engaged to me and they were in the middle of planning their wedding when she met Harry.

by Anonymousreply 37October 25, 2020 9:20 PM

[quote]Meghan and Harry would always have to play backseat to William and Kate and I think that's where the issue really lay.

This is what I find to be the most confounding aspect of Megxit. Who on this planet doesn't understand the succession protocol of the BRF? I mean if she was that astronomically naive in that regard, surely she would have asked Harry and he would have clued her in. I mean did she think being the next Queen was a popularity contest a la Miss Universe?

by Anonymousreply 38October 25, 2020 10:02 PM

She posted about the end of her relationship with Cory Vitiello on her blog months before she met Harry (plus the infamous Valentine Day post, plus all the rumours he cheated on her), and both Cory and his mother praised her in the press. The idea she was engaged to him or even still dating him are pure lies invented by the nutcase Tumblr fangurls and 90 year old racist Daily Mail readers with their tongues stuck up Liz’s rancid old snatch.

And there’s no way r3/r20 is black or British.

by Anonymousreply 39October 25, 2020 10:17 PM

One of the biggest Meghan Bash forums closed the other week, and one of the other biggest made the decision to ban any mention of Meghan, in both cases due to the constant racial abuse not just aimed at Meghan but at other posters, and due to the constant use of troll tactics like sock puppeting.

That’s the reason there’s been a huge influx of racist fan girls over the past fortnight, they’re bereft and looking for a new home.

by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2020 10:20 PM

What's a fortnight?

by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2020 10:23 PM

14 days.

by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2020 11:36 PM

What huge influx?

by Anonymousreply 43October 25, 2020 11:51 PM

What's a sock-puppet?

by Anonymousreply 44October 26, 2020 12:04 AM

Duh. Smegs and Dregs tell a pack of lies about when they met.

Smegs was with celebrity chef and restaurant owner Cory Vitiello until July of 2016.

She met Harry between May 2, 2016 and May 8, 2016, at a dinner Cory Vitiello cooked for Harry and other Invictus bigwigs in Toronto. Smegs wangled herself an invitation as the cook's girlfriend and they met that night.

I'm not sure which night it was of those few, because the references to it seem to have disappeared. However, the records are there of Harry going to Toronto on May 2 and then going to Florida for the Invictus Games that began on May 8. There are also records of Vitiello involved with Invictus. I don't know why all mentions of that first dinner have vanished.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 26, 2020 12:21 AM

R45 I am in Toronto and not even that well connected but yeah it's common knowledge here that Meghan was still with Cory Vitiello when she met Harry, though their relationship was long on the rocks They bad broken up late 2015/2016 but were working on things when Meghan met Harry. Their first break up with actually instigated by Cory who allegedly was growing tired of Meghan's attitude.

by Anonymousreply 46October 26, 2020 2:44 AM

Sure r40. Sure.

Any receipts?

Thought not.

Why are all you Megstans such delusional fantasists?

by Anonymousreply 47October 26, 2020 3:22 AM

We do not care about this topic, OP. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 48October 26, 2020 3:25 AM

No no no no no, Megstan r48.

No.

No, you see, you do not get to speak for the rest of us.

It is YOU who gets to move on from this topic, if you find it not to your liking, not us. YOU.

Now.

PISS OFF, and take yr flappy stank cunt with you.

by Anonymousreply 49October 26, 2020 3:38 AM

Bless your heart, R49

by Anonymousreply 50October 26, 2020 3:42 AM

By her own admission she and Harry were "quietly dating for about six months" before the news came out in late October/early November. In early May 2016 right before she met Harry, sjphe and Corey were on a romantic vacation in Mexico. Corey's Instagram had all the pics.

by Anonymousreply 51October 26, 2020 12:33 PM

This is probably going to be long and tedious...but whatever, that's DL for you.

So, Meghanstans can't deal with the truth bomb: The dislike of Meghan has virtually nothing to do with her ethnicity. I say virtually because yes, I'm sure some fucked up white people in the Midlands think Harry marrying a woman of colour part of the SJW movement. But in fact, people didn't trust Meghan mostly because of her professional background and her prior relationships and issues with her family. If you look at the press coverage at the time of the couple's engagement, it was all positive (even the Daily Fail). People saw, and rightfully so, that Meghan could be the breath of fresh air the monarchy needed, a more self-confident Diana.

NOW, the British Press are misogynistic. And yes, Meghan has been a victim of that for sure. There is still a cultural distrust of successful and ambitious women. The vast majority of press criticism about the monarchy is almost exclusively directed at its female members: Meghan, Kate, Camilla, Diana, and Fergie. The only notable exception is Prince Andrew for apparent reasons, and I will agree that the press has, at times, been harder and more focused on Meghan than on Andrew, who deserves to be ripped apart.

At best, Meghan and Harry rushed into marriage with Meghan lacking a clear understanding of what would be expected. One of the reasons William waited so long before officially proposing to Kate was to give her every opportunity to say, "Screw it, I"m out of here." Harry, but all accounts, was lonely and desperate to get married and start a family. The British Royals have a history of being very hands-off with newcomers in the family. They have adopted the sink or swim approach, which isn't the best plan.

At worst, Meghan is a narrasastic opportunist who married Harry completely for the level of exposure it would bring her, and she'll dump his ass when she's gotten everything she can from him.

The middle ground is the most likely scenario. I think Meghan and Harry had an intense romance. Harry wanted to get married badly, and Meghan (while in love with Harry) loved the idea of being royal in addition to being with her man. Being used to the American press, which has more of a access for positive stories approach, Meghan was unprepared for how harsh the British media could be. Coupled with that, she found Royal life's structure to be oppressive and was upset/hurt that the British public didn't seem to take to her. There were tensions between her and most of the royal family, and Meghan also had the highest staff turnover of any royal in the firm during her 1.5 years in the family. She had always had plans to try and be both a royal and still be allowed to venture off into more 'profitable' areas. Given things weren't going the way they desired. They said fuck it and left.

Criticism of Meghan is not racist. To say that a person of colour can't be bad at their job or do ethically questionable things is in of itself racist because you're holding one group of people to a false standard.

by Anonymousreply 52October 26, 2020 3:21 PM

Well bless your heart r52, but you could have just posted your final paragraph, which is a nice summary

by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2020 11:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!