Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking: Trump walks out of 60 Minutes interview, attacks Lesley Stahl on Twitter

BREAKING: Trump attacks journalist Lesley Stahl on Twitter.

The back story is that he apparently stormed out of the @60Minutes interview with Stahl and then completely bailed on the walk and talk he was scheduled to film with Pence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 25, 2020 4:15 PM

Somebody's c-r-a-c-k-i-n-g u-p under campaign pressure.

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2020 8:27 PM

Oh, no. Does de big widdle baby not like having to answer dee duff questions? Poor widdle Don-Don! Cry, cry, cry!

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2020 8:30 PM

You know how toddlers can be when they're tired.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2020 8:32 PM

WAHHHHHHH I DONT LIKE ACCOUNTABILITY! IM THE KING THIS IS MY COUNTRY!!!! Fake news! Fake debate! Fake interview! I’m so close to being done!!!! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2020 8:33 PM

Trump is a treason cunt.

Trump is a dangerous sociopath.

Trump is a fucking moron, and I am so sick of this shit alone.

Aren't you just tired of trump?

Vote for Joe Biden!

Vote Blue Down Ballot!

We need Biden and his team in their to get a handle on this pandemic. Nothing is going to change until Biden takes office in January 2021. He needs to win the election first. SO GO VOTE NOW. There is early voting in most states. In you are in a state without early voting, make a plan NOW.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2020 8:36 PM

But the breaking news is that Stahl was filmed *not wearing a mask*!

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2020 8:36 PM

R6 - neither does anyone else at the White House so she'd fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2020 8:37 PM

Trump is filmed not wearing a mask. We have seen all these motley crew of Republicans not wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2020 8:38 PM

I'm certain Lesley Stahl will thoroughly normalize Trump and act like there must have been a reason, instead of being HONEST about what a disgusting asshole Trump is!

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2020 8:38 PM

Did Trump get put to bed, or is he getting a ride in the Bom Bom Truck?

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2020 8:40 PM

What a fucking pussy

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2020 8:40 PM

The other thread said that both Stahl and Trump have had covid. So why would there wear a mask? (I guess for the optics, but in 'real life', would they need to, if it was just the two of them? I get that there were camera people, producers, etc., but just in theory?)

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2020 8:40 PM

Someone on the other thread that Stahl has already had the virus.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2020 8:41 PM

* would would THEY wear a mask....

sorry

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2020 8:41 PM

What the hell was being said in that video clip? I watched it x3 and couldn't tell.

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2020 8:42 PM

He only ever pulls this shit with women. Joe clearly is going to win, so can't we just go ahead and remove this asshole and send him to jail where we never have to see him again?

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2020 8:43 PM

If Mister. Rogers was alive and the interview had been with him, Donald Death would have found a reason to sabotage that too. Eg:

Trump to Mister Fred Rogers: You know those sweaters you wear are so fake and so hokey. You look like an old man, I'll call you Retarded Rogers in your retarded Mister Rogers Neighborhood. How about that you smart ass? Don't try conning me about the Neighborhood of Make-Believe. You sound demented. Here's the deal bud. You think I've made this a special day, do you? Just by being me? And there's no person in the whole world like me, and you like me just the way I am? That's a load of the biggest baloney BS the likes of which anyone with over 2 brain cells has ever heard. You're a loser and I'm outta here.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2020 8:44 PM

Please, God or Goddess or Whatever... LET HIM BE HAVING A COVID-INDUCED STROKE!!!

That is what he deserves, and he deserves to have the stroke live on national TV. It'd do the country more good than anything he could ever do intentionally.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2020 8:47 PM

Disgusting man

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2020 8:58 PM

Praying to God too. I'd settle for Trump rage quitting the debate a few minutes into it

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2020 8:58 PM

R12 It's been verified that people can catch COVID again.

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2020 9:02 PM

CNN reports that he abruptly ended the interview, not that he “stormed out”. He probably just had to use the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2020 9:02 PM

I'm just hoping Trump lives long enough to spend some nights in jail, knowing the family is there, too, and that the accounts are all frozen.

And then I hope that whatever takes him does it slowly, painfully and in a most humiliating manner.

Starting, perhaps, with him crapping himself during his perp walk.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2020 9:03 PM

[quote] He probably just had to use the bathroom.

No, he was supposed to come back for a walk and talk and refused.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2020 9:04 PM

And I'm to sick with covid to mop it up r23.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2020 9:05 PM

Snowflake

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2020 9:07 PM

He's unraveling before our eyes!

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2020 9:08 PM

Maybe his diaper was full and he needed to be hosed down by Hope Hicks.

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2020 9:09 PM

You beat me to it r27. It’s too bad we can’t get a picture with him grimacing and Ivanka saying Daddy took a dump.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2020 9:15 PM

R21, there have only been five documented cases of reinfection so far so it’s highly unlikely to get Covid again.

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2020 9:22 PM

[quote] No, he was supposed to come back for a walk and talk and refused.

If he had diarrhea, he obviously wouldn’t come back and take a walk with shit pouring down his leg.

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2020 9:22 PM

Vile

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2020 9:33 PM

When Trump shits himself, what does it smell like? Hamberders and diet coke?

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2020 9:34 PM

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

[quote]Lesley Stahl of 60 Minutes not wearing a mask in the White House after her interview with me. Much more to come.

This is going to screw up his followers who believe [bold]masks don't matter[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2020 10:01 PM

Oh, please, CBS, show the interview in its entirety, INCLUDING the abrupt ending. This could be better than Gayle King's interview with R Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2020 10:06 PM

He sounded absolutely crazy at last night's rally. He's got another rally scheduled for tonight. Can't wait to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2020 10:06 PM

It's a total set-up. The tantrum walkout — but not before TRUMP is captured on video (probably the very first time photographed in a "look-at-me"-styled WHITE MASK...) with Leslie. Hope the backup cameras and mic-pack at 60 Minutes tell a different story. But with Omorosa's secret tapings, I wonder if the White House enforced a no-rolling audio-video in certain parts of the White House.

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2020 10:07 PM

He wants to have five rallies a day until November 3

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2020 10:08 PM

R30 lol, yeah, only 5 cases, good thing every person who gets sick is tested and has years long follow ups to confirm that very accurate data.

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2020 10:11 PM

What's wrong with our MACHO MACHO MAN, guys?

Whaaaaa! Whaaaaaa! Whaaaaa!

Is that another tanty from our MACH MACHO MAN? Again? So soon?

Whaaaaa! Whaaaa! What!

How is everyone, everywhere, everyday so, so, so, so unfair to the MACHO MACHO MAN? HOW???

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2020 10:14 PM

No mask? But isn't the MACHO MACHO MAN immune?

Whaaaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaa! Whaaaaaa!

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2020 10:15 PM

Joe Biden didn't walk off set during his 60 Minutes interview like the MACHO MACHO MAN did!

This is awesome, lol

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2020 10:18 PM

Just a reminder: CV19 is transmittable via farts. Donnie Dump is going to keep reinfecting himself with diaper sharts.

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2020 10:18 PM

Trump threatens to post ‘60 Minutes’ video before CBS in panic over how how badly his interview went

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2020 10:37 PM

Immune? He probably still has the shit. I'm disappointed that they invented that monoclonal antibody stuff that saved his ass. Christie had it too.

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2020 10:48 PM

CBS said he got upset with Leslie Stahl’s line of questioning and ended the interview.

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2020 10:52 PM

Can you imagine what his narcissistic rage is going to look like when people stop reporting him?

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2020 10:53 PM

I can’t wait until he’s out of the White House

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2020 11:04 PM

He's definitely fixing for a stroke

by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2020 11:10 PM

So where does one get the VIP card that delivers access to monoclonal antibody treatment?

by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote] So where does one get the VIP card that delivers access to monoclonal antibody treatment?

The Electoral College keeps them handy. They’re prepping a new one now.

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2020 11:16 PM

This is as embarrassing as his campaign ads.

by Anonymousreply 52October 20, 2020 11:18 PM

He’s been more and more erratic lately. He’s gonna lose in 2 weeks, he knows it and it’s more than his tiny lizard brain can handle.

by Anonymousreply 53October 20, 2020 11:19 PM

[quote][R21], there have only been five documented cases of reinfection so far so it’s highly unlikely to get Covid again.

With six, you get egg roll.

by Anonymousreply 54October 20, 2020 11:20 PM

Every time an asshole gets Covid again, an Angel earns its wings.

by Anonymousreply 55October 20, 2020 11:25 PM

He's spiraling!

So fun to see, especially after my Democrat Congresswoman handily handed the challenging Republican her ass in their latest debate! And game one of the World Series is tonight!

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2020 11:30 PM

Having had COVID-19 doesn’t necessarily make one immune from getting it again. The antibodies don’t last very long (supposedly only up to three months). But as every doctor who I have seen in the past ten months says: “we are still learning about this virus every day, which is why I can’t always give you a definitive answer” - I’m paraphrasing but that’s the general idea.

by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2020 11:42 PM

I'm starting to wonder if we're witnessing a rapid descent into a form of madness. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 58October 20, 2020 11:59 PM

Meh. I'm watching him now live. He's mostly the same he has always been. Nuts, but I don't see a lot of decline. He is slurring a bit though.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2020 12:05 AM

Does this mean he'll walk out of the next debate?

by Anonymousreply 60October 21, 2020 12:20 AM

[quote]The antibodies don’t last very long (supposedly only up to three months).

That's not correct; it's a misreading of an earlier study. At the time, most of the people in the study had the virus three months ago or less, so all they could confirm from the study is that the antibodies last at least that long. They couldn't say they lasted longer because they just didn't have the data to say so.

As time passes, current and future studies will most likely see that number extended.

by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2020 12:40 AM

@duty2warn Trump is fixated on whatever happened at 60 Minutes. He pouted as he left the studio. He attacked Lesley Stahl on twitter. He obsessed on his way to PA. Then he actually said "wait til you see what we do to them" to the crowd in Erie. His cheese has slid off his cracker.

by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2020 12:42 AM

R. Kelly, move ovah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2020 12:43 AM

r58 the descent into madness is usually preceded by obsession.

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2020 12:56 AM

All Biden needs to do at the debate to set Trump off the rails (even more) is say two things:

1. Our campaigns just released our fundraising and cash on hand reports. The President has entered this month and the final weeks of the campaign with just $63M on hand. I’ve got over $400M! I guess that makes me a better businessman, right Donald?

2. As president of the greatest country on earth you’re expected to confront and stand up to tyrants and stand up for American and its ideals. Donald Trump couldn’t even handle 60 Minutes, how the hell can we expect him to stand up to Putin, Xi, or Kim?

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2020 1:15 AM

He's infamously incontinent and obviously crapped himself. He had to run away (so to speak) and pretend it was something else.

But Lesley could smell it. I heard the stench was all over the area they were in. The dumb-cunt "press COVID whore" was running around with a Glad can and having the Secret Service set off all the built-in descenterators they've had to install.

I heard most of the time the West Wing smells like a deworming kennel and that Melanomia is sleeping in the upper residence and uses the servants' staircase to avoid walking through the area where Trump spends his days and nights in bed. They have to make the bed with a new set of sheets and pillowcases every day because once he's asleep it all just leaks and bubbles out. The COVID has made it worse.

Trump tried to spin it for the "family" that he's been instrumental in Barron having a "breakthrough" and showing a human emotion for the first time as he staggered through the brown cloud that has settled around Trump like the hot-gas-and-poison-fume atmosphere of Venus. Barron collapsed to the floor crying, taking out several housemaids with his spider legs, and lay there crying, "Scare Mommy scare! No breathe Sick sick sick sick!!!"

And of course Trump has been denying the drug-and-sickness-and-diet-induced colonic catastrophe for years. It has been estimated that he has to change his clothes about six times a day, always with the same look as the clothes he has on that day so people who are upwind don't suspect the truth. It even made Kellyanne's nasty eczema even worse.

by Anonymousreply 66October 21, 2020 2:09 AM

We've only had 4 Presidents lose an election for a second term and the last was nearly 90 years ago - Herbert Hoover. His one term in office will make him one of three Presidents that got impeached and one of five that didn't get re-elected. Loser.

by Anonymousreply 67October 21, 2020 2:17 AM

Can we please vote this guy out and get off of this roller coaster already? It’s just too much with this guy. Please let our long national nightmare be over soon.

by Anonymousreply 68October 21, 2020 2:19 AM

What about George HW Bush, r67?

by Anonymousreply 69October 21, 2020 2:21 AM

Well, I've been afraid of changin' 'Cause I built my life around you

by Anonymousreply 70October 21, 2020 2:22 AM

Really r67 cause I'm not even dead yet

by Anonymousreply 71October 21, 2020 2:24 AM

R67 I have a shitty historical education but I can come up with.. Bush, Carter, just off the top of my head..

by Anonymousreply 72October 21, 2020 2:25 AM

Ford didn't even get a full term before he was voted out.

by Anonymousreply 73October 21, 2020 2:27 AM

God, how does anyone look at this big fucking baby who can't even handle questions from an almost 80yo woman and think he is some "alpha"? He couldn't be a more thin-skinned, weak bitch.

by Anonymousreply 74October 21, 2020 2:30 AM

Who goes from Savannah, who gutted him, to Lesley Stahl? trumps a moron, everyone knows that Leslie Stahl will cut a bitch. And by bitch I mean that whinny bitch Trump. Who's next Amy Goodman?

by Anonymousreply 75October 21, 2020 3:11 AM

R74, way back in the spring I think someone on one of the treason threads posted a really fascinating article about that very thing.

It sort of boiled down to all of his cultists NEED to BELIEVE that he is this alpha Rambo type male. Psychology, they cannot process that the best they can do is a failed old, fat drug addict with cotton candy hair who wears a diaper.

After Obama, they had to believe a great white hope would "save" them. That's why they have to put his ugly head on Stallone's body and make stupid memes.

They MUST convince themselves that their "great white hope" isn't a diaper shitting drug addict or Obama wins.

by Anonymousreply 76October 21, 2020 3:42 AM

[quote]That's why they have to put his ugly head on Stallone's body and make stupid memes.

OMG, yes. even the pics with white Jesus are insane. There has to be some sort of psychological damage with these people. It actually reminds me of "Frasier." Niles being so obsessed with Daphne that he never noticed how fat she had gotten. It was a brilliant episode and summarizes how Trump supporters see Trump. They can't see the truth. they're so blinded by their love for this corrupt filth that they project HIS every vile quality onto his opponents.

by Anonymousreply 77October 21, 2020 3:50 AM

"and think he is some "alpha"? He couldn't be a more thin-skinned, weak bitch."

BREAKING NEWS!

Scratch some "alpha" and he invariably turns out to be a thin-skinned, weak bitch.

Meanwhile, the entire concept of alpha came from a biological study of wolf behavior where the scientist that coined the term had to admit he had misinterpreted the data. The so called "alphas" were simply the parents of the other wolfs.

by Anonymousreply 78October 21, 2020 4:02 AM

I predict this is how he will handle his loss on election night. Oh, sure he will briefly try to fire up his base and file law suits bit once all that shit fails, the Repugs will ghost him and he will either leave early before Jan or just fly down to Mar-a-lago and never return to the White House while technically still president. No way is he going to show a shred of class, honor, or grace and welcome the new President like what was always done for him.

by Anonymousreply 79October 21, 2020 4:25 AM

R78, I'm actually glad you quoted me because I never knew that about the scientist who coined it. This is why I love DL. Learn something new every day.

Though, fuck those of you who say we shouldn't drain pasta, because I will continue to do so even from my deathbed.

by Anonymousreply 80October 21, 2020 4:27 AM

Let's be honest, R79 - is there a single reason why Biden would want to be greeted by that pile of shit or subject his wife to his noxious presence?

Let the cunt sit in Mar-a-Lago gulping down hamberders and screaming about how much America has failed him. It'll be the popped (underage) cherry on the shit sundae of corruption that is his life.

by Anonymousreply 81October 21, 2020 4:28 AM

Well R81 I didnt say it would be a bad thing if he left early. How long does it take to tent that house and fumigate? I would love, love, love if they did that and just said oh, no, its just a coincidence the place has termites and we wanted to get ahead of the problem. It would be such a snark move I wish they had the balls to do that.

by Anonymousreply 82October 21, 2020 4:45 AM

"We've only had 4 Presidents lose an election for a second term and the last was nearly 90 years ago"

Then I actually won in 1980? Why didn't they tell me?

by Anonymousreply 83October 21, 2020 4:47 AM

LOL ^

by Anonymousreply 84October 21, 2020 4:48 AM

R67, Jimmy Carter ran for a second term in 1980 and lost to Ronald Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 85October 21, 2020 4:53 AM

[quote]"We've only had 4 Presidents lose an election for a second term and the last was nearly 90 years ago"

What am I? Chopped Liver?

George Bush - AKA Daddy Bush.

by Anonymousreply 86October 21, 2020 4:54 AM

I wonder if 60 Minutes will air what exists of the aborted interview this Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 87October 21, 2020 9:28 AM

This is most that anyone has talked about 60 Minutes in years.

With the lockdown, what else does CBS have to air? If they were smart, they'd run it on a continuous loop for days.

by Anonymousreply 88October 21, 2020 11:35 AM

I hadn’t realized that the interview went on for 45 minutes before Trump abruptly called it off. I’m sure CBS will air it this Sunday and include his tantrum at the end.

by Anonymousreply 89October 21, 2020 11:44 AM

After years chasing after every microphone and being pathetically keen to be in front of any camera, does Orange It seriously not realise that him storming out makes him look much weaker than a poor interview would.?

The man is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 90October 21, 2020 11:50 AM

This national nightmare is just neverfuckingending.

by Anonymousreply 91October 21, 2020 11:52 AM

Trump has walk out of interviews for years. This is not news. It's attention seeking by all stakeholders.

by Anonymousreply 92October 21, 2020 11:55 AM

[quote]Trump has walk out of interviews for years. This is not news.

by Anonymousreply 93October 21, 2020 11:58 AM

[quote]Let the cunt sit in Mar-a-Lago gulping down hamberders and screaming about how much America has failed him.

Unfortunately, the election loss won't be the end of him. Trump TV is just round the corner, and it will be crazier than OANN, Sputnik, Alex Jones and QAnon together. Half of the nation is deep in wacky conspiracies and believes every vomit that comes out of his mouth.

Then there's the issue of classified information. Imagine Trump not trading on that with his foreign benefactors. Morning Joe this am said he shouldn't be allowed to travel abroad because nobody can guarantee he won't be spilling state secrets. But he doesn't even have to leave the country. Nothing prevents the Russians, Chinese, Saudis etc, who are in Trump Tower or in Florida to just swing by for a friendly chat with Individual 1.

I have the vague hope is he gets locked up for tax / bank fraud like Michael Cohen. But watch him then pay someone to write his mein kampf.

by Anonymousreply 94October 21, 2020 1:43 PM

R94, the best to hope for is that he sets himself up as a rival to Fox. Let Murdoch and Trump fight over the loons. Neither side will be as strong as they are now.

by Anonymousreply 95October 21, 2020 3:26 PM

R67, Pathetic of you.

by Anonymousreply 96October 21, 2020 4:35 PM

Trump's own cable network could be lucrative. He could hold extremist networking events...at his hotels of course, and jack up the room rates for attendees. Hell, he could even reopen Trump University and hire Qanon "thought leaders" as professors. It could be a godsend for parents who are too afraid that state colleges will subject their kids to liberal indoctrination. He could charge through-the-roof tuition fees.

by Anonymousreply 97October 21, 2020 4:41 PM

R67... So, Carter won in 80 and Bush won in 92? Nice try Boris!

by Anonymousreply 98October 21, 2020 4:48 PM

OK, we get it. R67 fucked up. We know. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 99October 21, 2020 4:58 PM

I bet 60 Minutes ratings on Sunday will be bigly enormous.

by Anonymousreply 100October 21, 2020 5:26 PM

R97, the people who believe in Q-Anon stuff don’t have the money to pay for jack shit.

by Anonymousreply 101October 21, 2020 6:05 PM

Starting a successful new cable channel is near impossible these days. Especially without the backing of a media giant. There hasn't been a successful launch in a very long time. Oprah's tried a couple times without much success.

They'll probably try to rebrand OAN or Newsmax as Trump TV, but would only be a money pit for them.

by Anonymousreply 102October 21, 2020 6:06 PM

This will be a ratings bonanza for CBS

by Anonymousreply 103October 21, 2020 6:59 PM

I think Leslie Stahl knew about the Rudy thing and sprung it on Cheetolini.

by Anonymousreply 104October 21, 2020 7:55 PM

We know by now he totally unravels whenever he is confronted by a woman journalist. Following the Town Hall with Savannah Guthrie, Trump complained that he had not been treated fairly and said that Guthrie had “disappeared” following the event. (She disappeared afterwards because she gets up at 3am and does the Today show every morning.)

“Everybody thought it was so inappropriate,” Trump said. “Savannah — it was like her face, the anger, the craziness.” Have we ever heard him critique a male journalist's face?

by Anonymousreply 105October 21, 2020 8:24 PM

[Quote] Trump's own cable network could be lucrative.

Sure, it can be done but it needs real work. Trump only knows how to run businesses into the ground and scam investors

by Anonymousreply 106October 22, 2020 10:26 AM

So does anyone know or said why exactly trump walked out of the interview?

by Anonymousreply 107October 22, 2020 10:41 AM

This has some info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 22, 2020 10:51 AM

R107, she pressed him on his COVID response, or lack thereof, and the dearth of straight answers about his own case.

And then there was the performative handing over of The Big Book of Healthcare Winning which turned out to be full of empty pages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 22, 2020 10:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2020 10:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2020 10:58 AM

Perhaps it's a joke that someone photoshopped but it seems entirely plausible given the way thick folders are waved around and blank pages are always being signed.

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2020 11:01 AM

[quote]Trump's own cable network could be lucrative.

That's what they said about Sarah Palin and look at how that turned out. The American electorate are fickle bitches and they will forget about him like a bad hookup. It's not like he is going to pay for rallies with his own money. And because is goes back to being a private citizen, he cannot force cities to hold super spreader events like he does as president. Twitter could ban him since he becomes just another a-hole tweeter.

by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2020 11:10 AM

I wonder if she'll talk about the fake book and its blank pages on 60 Minutes. She should show it. Maybe it should be 50 Minutes this time with 10 minutes of a blank screen.

by Anonymousreply 114October 22, 2020 11:19 AM

Delusional if he thinks this “helps” him. Leslie Stahl has way more credibility than Orange a hole.

by Anonymousreply 115October 22, 2020 11:40 AM

I know its been said before, but this debate tonight will be a shitshow for the ages. Dump stomped off the 60 Minutes set, attacked Savanah Guthrie - a friendly morning show-type face - and last night Obama gave a barn burner speech in PA that will no doubt enrage him. The debate commission will cut off his mike when he starts rambling and he'll have to deal with taking questions & directions from a woman of color.

I can't bring myself to watch; aside from his hideous appearance, it's crazy as fuck and it's just too disturbing

by Anonymousreply 116October 22, 2020 11:49 AM

I want to see that book!

by Anonymousreply 117October 22, 2020 11:50 AM

LMFAO Any other president who did this would be national news. Trumps publicity stunt are so staged and common no one even noticed.

ITS ABOUT THE COVID STUPID!

by Anonymousreply 118October 22, 2020 11:59 AM

I agree ^ but I think they ought to be brought to people's notice. I'd like a reporter to show him his fake Time covers, the altered hurricane map, and this blank portfolio, and ask him to explain them. They need not go so far as his fake hair and orange makeup.

by Anonymousreply 119October 22, 2020 12:06 PM

It is my dream that by March 2021 a "Trump Did Something" thread will have three or four replies.

by Anonymousreply 120October 22, 2020 12:59 PM

But perhaps a Trump Did Something In Jail thread might get more, a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 121October 22, 2020 1:04 PM

Horrible, asinine behavior yet so many American morons will still vote for this pig. WHY??? Do they really think this behavior gets stuff done? Do they think this is how a grown up, a stable human being capable of running a country, ought to act?

This is the behavior that we would read about Kim John Un throwing around and mock, four years ago! This guy is GARBAGE!

by Anonymousreply 122October 22, 2020 2:01 PM

A few weeks ago, Leslie Stahl said she had an appointment to interview Trump, but he got COVID and they had to reschedule.

He would not have done this to Scott Pelley.

by Anonymousreply 123October 22, 2020 2:46 PM

60 Minutes should release their copy of the walk-out before Trump does. Who says Trump's version won't be altered to make him look good.

by Anonymousreply 124October 22, 2020 3:00 PM

So he posted the snippet of the footage shot by Trump team which he threatened to release. Unfortunately I cant post it here as it does not allow me. Just go to Trump's facebook page.

by Anonymousreply 125October 22, 2020 3:46 PM

Actually the full interview is now up.

by Anonymousreply 126October 22, 2020 3:48 PM

here it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 22, 2020 3:49 PM

I will soon be giving a first in television history full, unedited preview of the vicious attempted “takeout” interview of me by Lesley Stahl of @60Minutes. Watch her constant interruptions & anger. Compare my full, flowing and “magnificently brilliant” answers to their “Q’s”.

I suppose that Q’s in quotation marks is a signal to the QAnon loons that Leslie Stahl eats babies in the unedited version? Or that JFK Jr.’s actual location is written in invisible ink in the empty binder?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 22, 2020 3:56 PM

So the interview is same shit over and over BUT the between the takes footage is interesting. I wonder why he thought this is helping him and hurting CBS???? Very puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 129October 22, 2020 3:58 PM

Defensive much? Inability to handle criticism is a sign of low emotional IQ and lack of empathy. That is not surprising. It is also a major symptom of sociopathy.

by Anonymousreply 130October 22, 2020 4:05 PM

Stahl did good job on Obamacare. she keeps going after him. He says "we have the plans, we got plans" and she keeps coming back at him with "where is the plan?, you keep saying it" I can see why he got annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 131October 22, 2020 4:09 PM

Compare my full, flowing and “magnificently brilliant” answers to their “Q’s”.

Whatever he's on must be some good shit....I keep expecting some tweet from him like "my sharts smell like Chanel No. 5. Just ask Kayleigh"

by Anonymousreply 132October 22, 2020 4:25 PM

I AM VISUALLY STUNNING

by Anonymousreply 133October 22, 2020 4:26 PM

Lesley Stahl: But you're OK with some tough questions?

Cheeto: No. I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 134October 22, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote]Joe clearly is going to win,

PLEASE stop saying that! We thought that was true about Hillary 4 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 135October 22, 2020 4:35 PM

[quote]Inability to handle criticism is a sign of low emotional IQ and lack of empathy. That is not surprising. It is also a major symptom of sociopathy.

I agree that Trump is at best a malignant narcissist and most likely a sociopath. However, I've known a lot of people in my life who were ill-equipped to handle criticism who were NOT sociopaths.

And I also knew a sociopath who didn't give two shits about criticism.

by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2020 4:42 PM

I just watched the interview and know you'll label me a Trump troll BUT Lesley wasn't being fair or impartial.

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2020 5:12 PM

R137, in what way was she not fair?

by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2020 5:13 PM

What should Lesley have done to render her "fair and impartial" in your eyes, R137?

by Anonymousreply 139October 22, 2020 5:14 PM

Her job is to coax and cajole people into answering questions and ensuring they are being truthful. It’s not a cotillion.

by Anonymousreply 140October 22, 2020 5:15 PM

220K+ people have died from COVID and he -- after getting it himself -- takes the stage essentially mocking the dead.

Do you expect 60 Minutes to throw softballs on health insurance for Americans, fighting the virus, social unrest etc.?

by Anonymousreply 141October 22, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote] I will soon be giving a first in television history full, unedited preview of the vicious attempted “takeout” interview of me by Lesley Stahl of @60Minutes. Watch her constant interruptions & anger. Compare my full, flowing and “magnificently brilliant” answers to their “Q’s”

How dare a woman interrupt him...an angry woman no less!

This man is beneath contempt.

by Anonymousreply 142October 22, 2020 5:24 PM

I'm a lifelong Democrat who hates Trump but I don't understand why Lesley couldn't be more respectful, like those nice reporters at One America News.

by Anonymousreply 143October 22, 2020 5:27 PM

I watched as much of the interview as I could stand: he sat there & spouted the same old shit BEST ECONOMY EVER! JOE WILL DESTROY SUBURBIA!! For a while, she actually kind of let him ramble and go unchecked.

Where they seem to hit a snag was on the whole "SUBURBAN WOMEN" thing. She challenges him & kind of mocks him for his "you must love me" line and he starts getting pissy with her. He starts downplaying the pandemic (THE COPS LOVE ME!!) and she presses him further that the pandemic is not going away, despite his nonsensical assertion that if we didn't test, we would've have cases.

She didn't seem even particularly tough on him - she actually seemed surprisingly patient- but she wont let him entirely spew his talking points completely unchecked. That's what I saw.

by Anonymousreply 144October 22, 2020 5:33 PM

It was an Abortion. I can’t believe he tho is that video makes him look good. He comes off like a whiny cunt who knows nothing about anything. Bullshitting his way through the entire interview.

by Anonymousreply 145October 22, 2020 6:16 PM

My pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 146October 22, 2020 6:18 PM

I don't think he or his merry band of sycophants think it makes him looks good - I think she challenged him & anyone - but particulary a woman - who challenges Dear Leader must be destroyed. He's going to go apeshit on that woman who moderates tonight's debate

by Anonymousreply 147October 22, 2020 6:23 PM

R137 Because 60 Minutes has never ever had any hard-hitting interviews, challenging how people were trying to portray of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 148October 22, 2020 6:27 PM

What say the CBS lawyers about this hijacking/misuse of intellectual property, i.e. the "60 Minutes" brand, not the actual interview footage?

by Anonymousreply 149October 22, 2020 6:34 PM

R79 - in a new wave of cooperation into signal the kind of change all American just want to say, Presidents Bush and Obama should do a joint letter to Joe Biden when he wins. It would be a fitting piece of literature punctuated by two men who despite their differences worked well together. It will also signal what history will need to acknowledge about the dark for years our country.

by Anonymousreply 150October 22, 2020 6:35 PM

Mt. Pissypants is really going to erupt tonight. Get your wine and popcorn ready.

by Anonymousreply 151October 22, 2020 6:37 PM

NYT: In posting the 38-minute clip on Facebook, Mr. Trump urged viewers to “look at the bias, hatred and rudeness on behalf of 60 Minutes and CBS.”

But a review of the footage shows Ms. Stahl calmly and firmly asking the president questions on the coronavirus and other topics — and Mr. Trump growing increasingly irritated.

Later on Thursday, the Trump campaign released more unfiltered footage — this time, of Ms. Stahl’s interview with Vice President Mike Pence, which occurred immediately after Mr. Trump walked away from his sit-down.

“So what just happened with the president?” Ms. Stahl asks.

“Lesley, uh, President Trump is a man who speaks his mind,” Mr. Pence replies. “I think it’s one of the great strengths that he’s had as president.”

by Anonymousreply 152October 22, 2020 7:08 PM

Lol Pence is such a spineless stooge. How long did it take to wind up the mannequin before sitting down with Stahl?

by Anonymousreply 153October 22, 2020 7:16 PM

I just wasted my time watching that. It was not an interview. That tax-evading, racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile spent the entire time evading responsibility for the pandemic, the tanking of the economy, and the racial tensions that have occurred while he has been POTUS. All he did was harangue her.

I'm sure he did this in an attempt to reverse the image of him that emerged from the first "debate" and the town hall with Guthrie.

by Anonymousreply 154October 22, 2020 8:03 PM

He gave a very long interview. Combative. He didn't "walk out of it" - he said that's enough, and it seemed to be enough. He said "see you later and left" after 45 minutes or so. It was exhausting to watch and didn't reveal any info anyway. Also Lesley was kind of whining her retorts, even if they were correct.

by Anonymousreply 155October 22, 2020 8:18 PM

Your slip is showing r155

by Anonymousreply 156October 22, 2020 8:26 PM

Huh? He was a pig. But he didn't get up and walk out of an interview dramatically.

by Anonymousreply 157October 22, 2020 8:33 PM

I can't figure out why all the cultists are saying "yeah, Trump" after this release as if it makes him look good. He looks like a huge baby having a tantrum. They are all fucked in the head.

by Anonymousreply 158October 22, 2020 9:32 PM

[quote] He gave a very long interview. Combative. He didn't "walk out of it" - he said that's enough, and it seemed to be enough. He said "see you later and left" after 45 minutes or so.

He agreed to an interview of a specific length. He got up and left when his aide told Leslie she had five more minutes. He left before the agreed amount of time. And then he refused to do the other part of the agreed upon interview: a walk and talk with Pence.

That is the definition of "walking out of it."

by Anonymousreply 159October 22, 2020 9:39 PM

R158 Because they think the media has it out for him. Some really think that he's beloved by the public and the "liberal media" has created a narrative that he's the most hated president ever. This is simply him "giving it" to the mainstream media aka fake news. Which his supporters applaud.

It doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 160October 22, 2020 9:47 PM

He just wants to stand there & shout: CHINA VIRUS! BEST ECONOMY EVER! HUNTER BIDEN! NO TESTING - NO VIRUS! and when he gets called out on his shit, he attacks the interviewer, the moderator, whoever. Wash rinse repeat

by Anonymousreply 161October 22, 2020 11:04 PM

Quite the thigh-high dress for a 78-year-old dame, never mind her sitting in front of this predatory misogynist (his hands look rather grabby in r27).

by Anonymousreply 162October 23, 2020 10:08 AM

R127 (Sorry).

by Anonymousreply 163October 23, 2020 10:11 AM

Because Trumpsters recognize what his intent was, R158, and they don't need to have it be true or make sense.

The narrative here is supposed to be that Trump asked nicely to be treated fairly, but he wasn't because 60 Minutes is just like all the other MSM outlets: fake news. He righteously told off the fake news lady for lying about him, then released the video showing the truth.

The fact that he WAS treated fairly, that 60 Minutes is neither fake nor lied about what he said, and that his video doesn't actually support his narrative are beside the point.

The cultists recognize the game here, they recognize all the moves, and that's all that matters. It has the APPEARANCE of him standing up for himself against an unfair media outlet lying about him, they don't need for it to be true.

Unfortunately for Trump, most people have figured out this kabuki theater shtick of his, and they are no longer tricked by this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 164October 23, 2020 10:20 AM

Dementia Don ain't gonna have any TV or radio show, let alone a network! He's not going to lead any "government in exile." The man hates work, can't maintain a routine, says the same things repeatedly, and, not to put too fine a point on it, will be occupied with his legal defenses.

As he just said, he wouldn't go to Erie if he hadn't needed to.

by Anonymousreply 165October 23, 2020 10:24 AM

If there was a way he could keep on holding rallies, he would do that. But he'd have to pay for those things himself, so that's not going to happen

by Anonymousreply 166October 23, 2020 12:55 PM

To anyone who had the stomach to watch Trump's video of the aborted interview, was Lesley Stahl as tough as Savannah Guthrie was...or, dream of dreams, even tougher?

by Anonymousreply 167October 23, 2020 2:58 PM

"If there was a way he could keep on holding rallies, he would do that. But he'd have to pay for those things himself, so that's not going to happen"

He could do a Vaudeville type standup routine every night in Branson, Missouri.

by Anonymousreply 168October 23, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote] He could do a Vaudeville type standup routine every night in Branson, Missouri.

And include a blackface number.

by Anonymousreply 169October 23, 2020 5:26 PM

That’s not vaudeville, r169. That’s a whaddayacall menstrual show.

by Anonymousreply 170October 23, 2020 5:33 PM

I watched it and mentioned my take above at r155. Lesley Stahl wasn't that "tough". She refused all his lies and bombast but had a kind of exhausted quality to her retorts, as I said - whining "no, no, that's not true. no. no. no." I think the first couple minutes and the last minute are worth watching because you see Trump shifting his personality.

It's a forgotten part of his bio, and maybe he's forgotten as well, but in the 80s, even the 90s, trumps public persona was like now - clown, carnival barker but not so much bully - and he was gracious and likable socially. Especially to other VIPs (whom he considered VIPS). So 1-1 off camera he's not going to be an ass to an old distinguished media lady.

I feel that everything about Trump is inauthentic, he's always putting it on. He should never have run for president. Turned into THE perfect shit storm of a situation.

by Anonymousreply 171October 24, 2020 8:43 AM

I will get FF'd here but I saw that entire interview with Stahl and she was just awful. She was not foreceful, not in control, let Trump blather on and on. And Trump **knew"" she was a pushover. Stahl make few energetic pushbacks when it was needed. Which was all the time. All you hear is....this soft, "but but but...." trying to interject. My own personal opinion is she did not seem on top of data at all. She was not armed with facts, real facts, because Trump walked over her constantly. If Stahl new the facts, and didn't interject more often, she is guilty of being intimidated. I was not going to post this opinion but I have to say I was absolutely deflated, disappointed from the first second Stahl opened her mouth.

Not a Trumpie, at all. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 172October 24, 2020 1:21 PM

[quote]If Stahl new the facts,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 173October 24, 2020 1:37 PM

[QUOTE] Not a Trumpie, at all. Just my opinion.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 174October 24, 2020 1:57 PM

R174, I have to say, I don’t think r172 is a Trumpster. I agree, Lesley Stahl was not able to combat Trump’s lies well—no fault of her own btw. That’s because Dump is a master at lies, and frankly, you don’t have to have many smarts to lie. But most journalists, especially tv journalists, just don’t have those facts readily in their mind. I think really smart “print” journalists might, though. That’s why separate fact checkers are employed by the networks, who can listen to this stuff and then research it real time on Google, or in a database of some kind. Although I was impressed that Savannah Guthrie challenged Dump really well, but that could be because of her legal training. She’s one of the few tv journalists who’s been able to.

by Anonymousreply 175October 24, 2020 2:55 PM

[quote]He's going to go apeshit on that woman who moderates tonight's debate

In fact, he did not.

Can't figure out why. Xanax?

by Anonymousreply 176October 24, 2020 2:56 PM

You made the point better than me r175. thanks.

r173 Who new that knew would be new or should have been knew. I new that, you knew.

by Anonymousreply 177October 24, 2020 3:25 PM

R176, a lot of people have said once you go off that particular steroid he was on, you crash and become depressed. I wondered if it was that.

by Anonymousreply 178October 24, 2020 3:35 PM

I didn't read your entire post r175. Yes, Savannah shone at her interview with Trump because she did her homework (facts at her fingertips), she had her legal shark claws and instincts at the ready. It was cloaked under the veneer of professional journalism, which it was completely, but make no mistake Savannah was not going to be intimidated and led around the garden path by Trump like Stahl was.

Stahl was came across as intellectually lazy...zzzz....where was the spark? where was the critical mind? where was the push back to Trump's inane assertions? It was just this mealy mouthed weak-kneed, vacuous droning, flaccid protestations chirping every few seconds like background noise. Stahl is supposed to this big CBS inquisitive, cutting edge journalist? Really? Really? Garbage and utterly pointless interview in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 179October 24, 2020 3:36 PM

Lesley Stahl was not able to combat Trump’s lies well—no fault of her own btw

Even though she's like 110, she's still a very good interviewer. I think it was a deliberate strategy - let him spout his wall of lies, but call him out on specific items like his response to the pandemic. He frequently storms out of pressers when he gets pressed and because she's Venerable Old Media Lady, he can't attack her the way he does the WH press reporters. So he stomps off in a huff.

by Anonymousreply 180October 24, 2020 3:38 PM

[quote] That’s because Dump is a master at lies, and frankly, you don’t have to have many smarts to lie.

He’s not though — just because he does it constantly doesn’t mean he’s any good at it. He just gets a pass from our journalists (if that’s what Stahl indeed is) because they’re not accustomed to following up and engaging in interrogation.

by Anonymousreply 181October 24, 2020 3:44 PM

He really is not a master of lies. He's lousy at it, but he's surrounded by yes men and ass kissers who never challenge him on his bullshit. That's why he goes off when challenged in the slightest. He's used to totally controlling the narrative and will not put up with it any other way.

by Anonymousreply 182October 24, 2020 4:11 PM

Hah I guess what I meant by “master of lies” is not that he fools people necessarily but that they roll off his tongue so easily. I mean, almost all of us have hesitation, or some other tell, but he just keeps talking and talking with no hesitation whatsoever. It’s really the sign of a pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 183October 24, 2020 4:20 PM

I know it’s fewer keystrokes to type summary comments like “his lies”, but would it hurt people to use a few more keystrokes to put in an e.g.? I’d like to know what people think is a good example of Trump lying and Stahl ineffectively responding.

by Anonymousreply 184October 24, 2020 5:29 PM

Too bad she didn’t ask him to walk a ramp

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 25, 2020 4:08 PM

I’d rather she asked him to walk the plank.

by Anonymousreply 186October 25, 2020 4:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!