Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm sick of hearing about abortion.

Why can't the straights figure out birth control?

by Anonymousreply 59November 29, 2020 3:52 AM

Birth control is not always 100% effective, I have a distant relative who became pregnant after having tubal ligation.

The people who want to take away a woman's right to be in control of her own body are also trying to end equal rights for gay men & lesbians.

OP, don't be a fool.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2020 5:22 AM

I want my tax dollars thrown at woman’s vaginas, but women should decide how that money is spent.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2020 5:28 AM

If gays could conceive would they do any better? Isn't totally weird that from the pleasure of fucking comes babies? What a joke. If there is a god he's twisted. "Hmmm, let me give humans this wonderful pleasurable gift, and SURPRISE! They get screaming, needy, hungry babies from doing it." I'm surprised more people aren't gay.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2020 5:49 AM

Most have, but it’s tied to the ass-backward mentality of the religious right in the south who work very hard to make birth control hard to get...because if they don’t have access to birth control, kids won’t have sex. See? Plus, there are girls stuck in the cycle of poverty who get pregnant young because they don’t have a lot of other options. This country has fixated on the abortion issue because it’s easier than facing up to the larger problem of systemic inequality and lack of medical and healthcare resources in poor communities.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2020 6:08 AM

Abortion will become mandatory at some point, unless they figure out a foolproof method of birth control. Population predictions for 2050 are about 9.8 billion. The planet will be a cesspool of disease , pollution and garbage.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2020 6:45 AM

R5 it already is. Unfortunately, the ones who should be having abortions (or sterilized) are the ones who breed the most.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2020 7:36 AM

Close your legs once in a while.

There's your birth control, whore.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2020 8:30 AM

Women who aren't pregnant should get abortions. Men should get abortions. Even the elderly and dogs should get abortions! Abortions for everyone! You get an abortion! And you get an abortion! And you get an abortion!

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2020 8:32 AM

Is abortion on your state ballot? It is in Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2020 9:00 AM

There were no referendums on the ballot this time in Texas, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2020 9:03 AM

Carl Djerassi, inventor of the birth control pill, proposed sterilization for all at puberty with the eggs and the sperm saved so that reproduction is entirely on purpose. It's a radical idea and of course it got shot down. I predict we'll have something like that as the norm within 20 years. I don't care either way but I wonder if straight people are less upset by the suggestion now than straights were when he proposed it (maybe in the 80s?).

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2020 12:35 PM

Get rid of heterosexuality and abortion becomes unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2020 12:48 PM

I was born with a birthmark of cinders Debris cast from the stars and mother A ring of bright slaughter, I spat in the waters Of life that ran slick from the stab wounds in her

Dub me lord abortion, the living dead The bone saw on the backseat On this bitter night of giving head A sharp rear entry, an exit in red Lump in the throat, on my come choke The killing joke worn thin with breath I grew up on the sluts bastard father beat blue Keepsake cunts cut full out easing puberty through

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2020 1:22 PM

A huge proponent of abortion. It pisses me off. In the 80s and 90s, I thought “ If every unplanned pregnancy was a case of AIDS - how is the situation any different”. Mistakes happen - for us, it was a death sentence. For straights it was a baby they could choose to abort.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2020 1:35 PM

Me too OP. It’s incredible that it’s STILL a hot button topic. We debated it in my sophomore HS English class — I graduated in fucking 1990.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2020 1:50 PM

Sort of related but not entirely. My Comp teacher forbade the subject of abortion for any paper topic. Pro or con, automatic F. He's sick to death of reading papers about it. PS He is not a trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2020 2:07 PM

Get me.......a knitting needle.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2020 6:03 AM

Why don't they work on improving birth control? I keep hearing about all these accidents that happen while women are on birth control and I think that it's not very reliable.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2020 7:39 AM

Men don't want "birth control" as they are no longer able to demonstrate that he fucked her, thus having all inclusive rights to her body, even if she died in his purview.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2020 7:45 AM

Many men want tissue evidence, before or after... And many tell us they're the "good guys"

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2020 7:49 AM

Too many cunts spoiled the broth.

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2020 7:51 AM

I cannot even imagine the backlash if all gay men went off on numerous described abeyance procedures because they just didn't know what...

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2020 7:56 AM

I wonder what the stats are of lesbians impregnated by rape.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2020 8:03 AM

"Close your legs once in a while.

There's your birth control, whore."

You make a very good argument for retroactive abortion.

You in particular.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2020 8:03 AM

OP, pro-life isn’t about abortion as much as it is about exerting CONTROL over someone’s body.

Notice how anti-abortion folks are also, mysteriously, anti-birth control, anti-pre-marital sex and anti-same sex, sexual relationships?

It’s about controlling the mind and body of another, not about preserving life. That’s why many of them are also pro death penalty. It’s about them being the ones who say what happens to the body or life of another human being who is already fully formed, rather than protecting the possibility of a potential life, becoming a life that is actually alive and breathing on its own, and therefore, recognized as such.

Oddly enough, they’re also really into keeping brain dead people technically “alive”, on life support systems.

Ask yourself why these people want control over people’s bodies, and ask yourself if they’re advocating free will, or unwilling to recognize that free will doesn’t truly exist.

Do they want life, or do they want eternal life via body parts of another human being? If the former, then why accept donated organs? How can organs truly be donated freely? They cannot be, if you’re anti abortion, yet also accept a heart via heart transplant surgery.

Think about it...

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2020 8:08 AM

Dear Abby,

If only OP had been aborted? Don't we all suspect his family, acquaintances, and community would have been far better off?

Thank you,

Trish

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2020 9:11 AM

Ironically, this sounds exactly like the people who say, "I'm sick of hearing about gay rights. They have all the rights. Won't they shut up already? They can get married, right?"

Oh, the irony and the short memory.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2020 10:17 AM

R26, Tricia, as in Patricia, LoL!!!

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2020 10:38 AM

The same people who want to dismantle abortion rights are also trying to dismantle marriage equality and the basic human rights to be homosexual. They win this, they’re coming for the gays next.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2020 10:40 AM

Well maybe if I hadn't been fired by Bill, my ideas of sex without the risk of pregnancy would have been a lot more acceptable now. Believe me, a woman's best friend is still her dildo.

- Joycelyn Elders

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2020 10:56 AM

What's easier and more practical is if every boy has a vasectomy at birth or at puberty - call it a universal bar mitzvah or a ritual instead of circumcision - until they're standing on their own two feet and mature enough to raise a family. Then reverse it. Easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2020 12:15 PM

[quote] Population predictions for 2050 are about 9.8 billion. The planet will be a cesspool of disease , pollution and garbage.

People have been saying this since the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2020 12:45 PM

[quote] Many men want tissue evidence, before or after.

When I was a teenager there was plenty of tissue evidence.

It wasn’t until my 20s that I got tired of those little pieces sticking.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2020 12:46 PM

Maybe men should get mandatory vasectomies?

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2020 12:52 PM

How many of these revolts against individual rights are astro-turfed temper tantrums funded by dead rich white guy trusts.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2020 1:05 PM

Because men’s biological imperative is to spread their DNA broadly, there will always be some lame and leaky “male contraceptive”... attempt. When have men ever broken laws and risked their lives to avoid pregnancy?

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2020 1:05 PM

[Quote] Because men’s biological imperative is to spread their DNA broadly,

That's why the fuck urge, even for gay men. An erect dick is not thinking of DNA. So yeah, universal mandatory vasectomy is the answer. The cum won't taste any different if that is what you are worried about.

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2020 1:52 PM

Not a bad idea, actually - universal vasectomy. Can you imagine the howl Deplorable men will start howling when their precious fertile loins come "under attack"? They'll be in the streets, singing and dancing "Every sperm is sacred/Every sperm is good".

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2020 1:59 PM

R37 is right. Men aren't trying to have hundreds of kids. They're just horny and trying to get laid. Kids are a consequence of both men and women getting "carried away" by hormones. Birth control is expensive, the hormone type can cause side effects in women, and alcohol can make both men and women forget about the condom. No one should be chained to $200,000 of kid raising fees and giving up 18 years of their lives to child raising just because their hormones made them horny and they didn't know that the "withdrawal method" doesn't really work or they used the rhythm method and didn't know how to count the calendar days correctly.

Until the last few decades, men and women had shotgun weddings with people they eventually couldn't stand because "that's what you're supposed to do" when you got knocked up. The far religious right wants to force women to get married...both before and after sex. And it wants to force them to stay home and out of the workforce.

When my grandmother got knocked up in 1943, she had to marry the guy. Then she was pregnant every four years or so. She had six kids, the last at age 43. She never got a break from raising kids, and her husband was a verbally abusive alcoholic. She didn't have choices.

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2020 4:14 PM

Have we discussed abortion today?

by Anonymousreply 40October 25, 2020 7:29 AM

I don’t think any other so called civilized nation has this much hand wringing over this stupid topic as the US has. Politicians love it because there’s a good chunk of fetus fangirls in the electorate who care so passionately about it they’ll vote for any Republican because of it. These churchy loons would rather lose their social security and live their retirement years under a freeway off ramp than to let a woman have control of her body.

by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2020 7:43 AM

say that to the ethnics dear....go figure.

by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2020 10:54 AM

Abortion was the fourth most cited “important issue” among voters. Amongst these voters who said abortion is the most important issue, 90% voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2020 10:18 AM

R39 neither had the guy. Nowadays shotgun weddings only exist because of the woman's choice not to abort.

by Anonymousreply 44November 26, 2020 1:06 PM

R4 I don't know if it's what you meant, but most abortions are performed on married women not young girls.

by Anonymousreply 45November 26, 2020 1:33 PM

And yet you started a whole thread in order to not hear about it.

by Anonymousreply 46November 26, 2020 1:43 PM

We would never hear about abortion if the Right wasn't constantly both monetizing the issue and using it to bring their easy marks to the polls.

I've read a number of articles this year written by Evangelicals that are now feeling like they have been useful idiots for all these years and they are fed up with it.

Unfortunately, not nearly enough Evangelicals feel that way.

by Anonymousreply 47November 26, 2020 2:27 PM

Anti-abortion but pro-death penalty and anti-universal health care. Okay.

by Anonymousreply 48November 26, 2020 2:54 PM

R45...link, please.

I call bullshit.

And, yes, the abortion issue is not about the sanctity of life, it’s about control. The “pro-lifers” don’t care about the life once it is out of the womb.

Also, if the pro-lifers only knew how many women in their lives (wives, sisters, friends) who’ve had abortions...they’d be SHOCKED.

And, finally; defunding/outlawing abortion does not make it go away, it just sends it underground.

Would love to see the reaction of some fossil (male) politician when his granddaughter dies from a back alley abortion.

by Anonymousreply 49November 26, 2020 3:13 PM

The people who scream the loudest about freedom from government interference are always the ones who want to micromanage the internal organs of fertile women.

by Anonymousreply 50November 26, 2020 3:56 PM

Abortion will never go away, legal or not. Humans have been performing abortions for thousands of years.

Banning abortion only punishes poor women. Wealthy women will always have access to abortion.

Abortion should remain legal but preventing pregnancy should be a higher priority. Are the people who want to ban abortion willing to make birth control and sex education readily available? Of course not, they want to make things more difficult, including cutting funding for women's health care.

From the link: Early History

Abortion techniques were developed as early as 1550 BC, when the Egyptian medical text Ebers Papyrus suggested that the vaginal insertion of plant fiber covered with honey and crushed dates could induce an abortion. Abortion was an accepted practice in ancient Greece and Rome. Greek philosopher Aristotle (384–322 B.C) wrote that “when couples have children in excess, let abortion be procured before sense and life have begun.” In the latter days of the Roman Empire, abortion was considered not as homicide but as a crime against a husband who would be deprived of a potential child.

Throughout much of Western history, abortion was not considered a criminal act as long as it was performed before “quickening” (the first detectable movement of the fetus, which can occur between 13-25 weeks of pregnancy). American states derived their initial abortion statutes from British common law, which followed this principle. Until at least the early-1800s, abortion procedures and methods were legal and openly advertised throughout the United States. Abortion was unregulated, however, and often unsafe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2020 4:45 AM

R11, on Reddit there are a lot of young people who have had various birth control scares.

It’s surprising how many young people want no children at all or are married to somebody that doesn’t. They say it’s practically impossible in many places to get permanent sterilization. Especially if it’s a woman, doctors want to get her husband’s permission, as if she’s a slave, or sometimes they won’t do it even if they already have several children or the woman has serious health problems that make another pregnancy very dangerous. They literally don’t give a shit if the woman could die if she gets pregnant again. It’s all about, “what does your husband want? What if your husband wants more children?” Sometimes they say this to women who aren’t married and not even in a relationship.

Women are a lot worse off than they were twenty years ago, thanks to Republicans and crazed religious crackpots. They are treated like chattel again.

by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2020 5:40 AM

Oh, here we go, Prolific Patty is babbling again at R52. A high school drop out trying to sound like a PhD.

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2020 5:51 AM

All men should have a vasectomy at puberty, to be reversed at marriage. Easier, cheaper and no more fucked up baby daddies.

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2020 6:25 AM

Only stupid whores need abortions. Smart whores douche and shake their poosey dry before next John.

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2020 6:25 AM

R54 vasectomies can fail and repair themselves years after. So this is not a useful argument regarding this topic.

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2020 11:17 AM

An IUD for all girls would be more practical than vasectomies.

I’m against abortion after the first trimester, but vote for pretty much anyone on the Democratic ticket.

My belief is that your rights and where mine begin. Once organs develop, I feel the fetus has rights.

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2020 11:55 AM

The gay community should be very concerned with abortion rights. The Constitutional foundation for it is found in what is called the penumbra of rights (i.e., not directly spelled out, rather naturally flowing from specific rights) and in this case it is the right to privacy of your body.

The concept began in 1965 with Griswold v Connecticut that ruled that married couples have the right to buy and use contraceptives without interference from the state because they have a constitutional right to privacy within their marriage. God bless the brilliance of Justice Douglas.

by Anonymousreply 58November 29, 2020 3:44 AM

OP - "Why can't the straights figure out birth control?"

Exactly for the same reason some gays couldn't be bothered with safer sex during the height of the AIDS epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 59November 29, 2020 3:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!