Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wealthy celebs who shill products

Why? Is it Greed and/or vanity run amok?

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2020 1:09 AM

Laurence Olivier did television commercials for POLAROID in the 1970s, with the understanding that they could not be shown in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 7:35 AM

Marie cares deeply about you, and just wants you to know she lost 50 lbs!

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 7:50 AM

Maybe they don't have as much money as reported.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 7:56 AM

I don't know what you're taking about?

I was a minor when I made this commercial and I needed my parents' permission

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 8:15 AM

Few celebs are so wealthy they can turn down easy money, not to mention free goodies.

Neil Patrick-Harris shills for Heinken Light for same reasons Peter Ustinov did for Paul Masson wines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 8:17 AM

I think it' a weird, endless networking thing.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2020 12:21 AM

Dirk Bogarde sunglasses commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2020 12:28 AM

Even QEII's grandchildren shill for companies like Range Rover and companies in China.

For rich celebs like Jennifer Aniston, it's easy money so why not?

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2020 12:39 AM

Kelly Ripa!

She wants you to take your vitamins.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2020 12:46 AM

Blue Bloods has been on the air for 10 years and is in syndication and will be for years to come, why does Tom Selleck need to hawk reverse mortgages to the elderly?

L&O: SVU has been on the air for 20 years and in syndication forever yet Ice T somehow needs to push Car Shield Extended Warranty.

SMH.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2020 12:57 AM

I don't know if OP means it seriously. The first time I read a really complete article about Martina Navritilova, they listed the dollar amounts she was pulling down on a yearly basis from all the products she was endorsing--athletic shoes, tennis wear, workout wear, automobiles, airlines, etc., etc. Seemingly endless endorsements. She was making an incredible amount of money, and knew that her career likely had a very short life span. The prize winnings from the tennis matches were substantial, but I'm sure, if I remember correctly (and I may not be quite accurate on the types of products she endorsed; it's been a long time ago) her endorsements from corporate sponsors dwarfed any amount of money she could have gained from winning tournaments. And she also had an entire team of coaches, trainers, gofers, etc. It's expensive being a celebrity!

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2020 1:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!