Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Defund HR

How come this movement doesn’t exist yet?

by Anonymousreply 29November 8, 2020 5:57 PM

A lot of the people who want to defund various things enjoy tattling to HR to get their enemies fired, even when their enemies don't work for the same company. In a world full of Karens, the most Karen-ed institution is untouchable.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 7:46 AM

Then... Defund Karen!!

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 7:58 AM

HR : It's not a resource for employees. Employees are the resource. It exists to protect the company from litigation. The root of the problem is frivolous lawsuits potentially costing companies millions of dollars. It's the Karen Department as others have noted, but I understand the reason behind it. If you want it gone, change the law so Fraus can't sue for someone touching their shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 8:12 AM

No, the root of the problem is shitty companies and the GOP-led destruction of unions and worker's rights.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 8:18 AM

DEFUND AND DEFANG GOP!!

The world will be in a much better shape all of the sudde.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 9:35 AM

We don't use the term HR anymore, OP. It is People and Culture. Did you not get the memo?

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 9:49 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2020 1:48 AM

This thread has been forwarded to our legal department.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2020 9:44 PM

I pine for the old days when it was "Personnel." The ultimate career goal was "Senior Manager, Personnel."

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2020 10:07 PM

I wouldn't say HR should be defunded, but I think HR should definitely be an independent entity. Maybe add a tax on employers and expand the EEOC in every state. That's the only way you'll get a higher amount of people in HR, that won't screw over the employee to protect the company.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 12:32 AM

HR is evil. Never forget that.

by Anonymousreply 11November 1, 2020 11:36 PM

r9 - I remember the very end of Personnel; it became HR just "minutes" after I started my first job. Personnel processed paperwork for the employees, helped mgt fire people w/out litigation, and coordinated the company picnic & Christmas Party. One Sr. Mgr and a two clerks for our division handled it.

HR required a Director, several managers, analysts and support staff. First thing they did was rename the Christmas Party the Year-end Get Together.

by Anonymousreply 12November 1, 2020 11:50 PM

This is my favorite thread ever. I couldn’t agree more. The lowest form of life seems to end up in these jobs. Their soulless.

by Anonymousreply 13November 2, 2020 12:14 AM

R13 I know. I love that they actually think they’re in a position to look down on others? The ones I know have helped bury some truly vile shit.

by Anonymousreply 14November 2, 2020 12:16 AM

Absolute cunts. The Gladys Kravitzes of the working world.

by Anonymousreply 15November 2, 2020 12:17 AM

HR is a DISCIPLINE.

by Anonymousreply 16November 2, 2020 12:31 AM

We’re the office police.

by Anonymousreply 17November 2, 2020 12:35 AM

HR should just dress up like gestapo, because that's what they are.

by Anonymousreply 18November 2, 2020 6:55 PM

No one respects HR ... even the people in management

by Anonymousreply 19November 3, 2020 8:22 PM

Demonic

by Anonymousreply 20November 5, 2020 10:37 PM

This thread is very concerning.

by Anonymousreply 21November 6, 2020 3:12 AM

Also defund Accounts Receivable while you're at it.

by Anonymousreply 22November 6, 2020 3:14 AM

I'm HR and I admit I am shit at my job. I had long Covid for 6 months so shit just didn't get done. I'd do a couple hours and call it a day, nothing was really missed if I am being honest.

by Anonymousreply 23November 6, 2020 3:15 AM

R23 Thank you for being honest. I had a friend who worked as an HR Business Partner. She would say the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 24November 6, 2020 3:17 AM

Let’s just cut to the chase here and defund the word “defund” - shall we?

First, let’s remove the letter “E”, Now, remove the two “Ds”,

Cool, huh...

Having *F U N* yet?

by Anonymousreply 25November 6, 2020 3:46 AM

Disgusting people.

by Anonymousreply 26November 8, 2020 5:45 PM

Our HR have been very “busy” trying to steer the COVID narrative at work. It’s laughable really. Well, at least to all of us not in HR.

by Anonymousreply 27November 8, 2020 5:49 PM

Nobody respects these cunts.

by Anonymousreply 28November 8, 2020 5:50 PM

OP I need to see you in my office as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 29November 8, 2020 5:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!