Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone here had Covid yet?

What are you supposed to do if you think you have it?

I started getting a sore throat on Thursday, I've been lethargic, had stomach problems, and running a fever.

I got a flu shot on Wednesday, so I was wondering if it could be that.

But the stomach problems have persisted and I've just been sleeping for the past three days.

I'm thinking of going in for testing on Monday, but if it is Covid, what exactly am I supposed to do about it?

I'm not having coughing or shortness of breath, so it's not serious.

Nobody tells you what you're supposed to do if you actually get it, but don't need hospitalization.

by Anonymousreply 12February 17, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]What are you supposed to do if you think you have it?

earrings

Caftans!

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 3:21 AM

Yes, I did. It sucks.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 3:49 AM

Call a doctor, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 4:17 AM

I developed walking pneumonia and had it from March into July. It’s symptoms are similar to a weak case of COVID, so I called my medical insurance hotline. I might have called the ER, too, I don’t remember. Anyway, this was about when cases were first cases were reported. The hot line nurse told me to, essentially, treat it like the flu, bed rest, fluids, Alieve, etc. She said if I get sicker, to go to the ER then.

I don’t know how I would get to the ER if I got really sick. Seems like an Uber would not be appropriate. And an ambulance? Too much drama!

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 4:22 AM

Many internet sources tell you what to do, OP:

1. Stay home so you don't infect others - for 14 days.

2. Do not go to the ER UNLESS you have emergency symptoms like trouble breathing, lips blue, etc.

3. Call your own doctor if you have any questions. Otherwise, symptoms should subside in a week or so.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 4:30 AM

^^^

103 degrees F or higher is also an urgent symptom. Go to ER or have your doctor paged.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 4:32 AM

I've had cold-like symptoms, but never a fever.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 4:34 AM

Yes OP. It started with having simple partial seizures that lasted half the day - non stop from 9 am til 4. With only a few minutes break in between. Sounds worse than it is - in my case. They are more of an annoyance than anything else - no pain and I’m fully aware of what’s going on and can still function through them. I usually only get them a couple times a year, they are fleeting and I may only get a few in a half hours timespan - twice a year. So I thought something was off, and I googled “simple partial seizures and covid” - it can happen to people who have had these before. So that was my first clue it could be covid. Anyway, they caused me to be super exhausted, which happens with seizures anyway, and I slept for 2 days straight. Had a sore throat and minor congestion as well. Was completely fine and back to normal within 4 days.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 4:56 AM

Had it in March. I did not have to be hospitalized but I felt like I was dying. Ten days of suffering and now 8 months later I’m still not right. I can’t fight off any infections, I am slow to heal from anything, sense of smell not back completely, hair loss- it has taken a toll.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2020 5:51 AM

Covid in March. Like I've said b4, it's like Rosie O'Donnell is sitting on your chest for a day and a half, w a very high fever. Then it just goes away.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 5:57 AM

Not sure, but I’m worried I might. My GP wont speak to me about it until Friday, and I can’t get booked for a COVID test until next week either. Best guess it’s either a chest infection, asthma, a GERD flareup, or that bitch C.

So far—I’ve been coughing and wheezing on-and-off for about four days; mostly moderately, unproductive and from the throat (I’m getting weird bronchial spasms, tickly and making me want to clear my throat), but today I have started seeing a little phlegm and hearing a rattle. My breathing is somewhat laboured, but then I’ve been battling aspirated acid issues since November. Lungs burn, a bit. My chest feels a little on the tight side but nothing major, and I have a bit of a chill (those shivers where you know you’re getting sick).

Weirdly, temperature is 36deg, yet my cheeks feel hot (while the rest of me is cold). Atm I don’t have fatigue, sore throat, dizziness, congestion, sneezing/runny nose, or aches, nothing like that (knock on wood). My tonsils do feel sort of ‘wet’ mucusy, though.

I’m generally a very clean-living and sturdy person who doesn’t get sick, so I’m never good at coping with it on the rare occasion it happens. The weather where I live is constantly cold and damp and windy and rainy as well as ridiculously high on pollen-counts, plus the lady I live with insists on opening the windows all the fucking time, so on a normal year of chalk it up to a seasonal bug/cold/flu or allergies. Now I don’t know what to think. Not knowing makes the whole experience worse.

by Anonymousreply 11February 17, 2021 5:01 PM

You should get tested. Most drug stores do testing or you can call your county health department. If it is Covid, stay home, rest, self care for about a week to 10 days. Only go to the hospital if you have trouble breathing or develop a very high fever. Get tested again for antibodies after you recover. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 12February 17, 2021 5:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!