Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There would be no Fleetwood Mac if Stevie hasn’t scraped out her cooch

I’m pro choice, but this interview sounds pretty self absorbed and tone deaf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2020 1:43 AM

Fleetwood Mac is highly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 1:20 AM

Rock and coke > baby

Good call, Ms. Nicks!

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 1:28 AM

I'll always support a woman's choice. It's her own body, and I don't logically see how an embryo or foetus can be conferred with full fledged human rights. The woman is already here, with her own life, desires, plans, and possibly medical issues. Though I can understand a bit of the reverence for such "future babies", they're not independently capable of existence other than in almost parasitic manner.

I know that may sound harsh to some, but it's reality. Government have no place in reproduction, or personal medical decisions. My body, my choice sums it all up quite concisely for me.

Long live Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 1:45 AM

I’m a baby killer

Baby killing makes me horny

Alien inside me

Gonna squash it like Sigourney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 1:48 AM

She looka like a man.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 1:48 AM

[quote]if Stevie hasn’t scraped out her cooch

I'm sure she's done it by now OP.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 1:50 AM

R6 I know....I caught that after I posted it and had a bit of a chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 1:56 AM

I’m as pro-choice as they come, but I think this messaging is exactly the wrong thing to say if you want to persuade others. It’s the same thing Michele Williams say in an awards show speech earlier this year. While it might sound empowering to those who already support choice, the notion that abortion is good because it allowed you to have a career is a turn off to many.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 1:56 AM

I’m glad I had an abortion!

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2020 1:57 AM

Fleetwood Mac existed long before Stevie Nicks had even heard of it. She's such a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 2:04 AM

COOCH? Nah hun, we blew the coke straight up her asshole.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 2:26 AM

Life-long progressive here who's voting for Joe Biden. But Republican Party Nazis are the only ones entitled to self-absorption and tone deafness.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 2:27 AM

Remember Cooch isn't the uterus. I would argue that the word pooch, is probably more closely related, as some women I have known refer to a portion or bulge after childbirth as that.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 2:28 AM

NOVARY!

Hey, OP. What's "self absorbed (sic) and tone deaf about saying what she said?

It was a bundle of cells. Big fucking deal.

What kind of shit are you that you claim to be "pro choice" and then act as if she should genuflect to the zygote because people who have "beliefs" feel otherwise?

She was a better rock star than she ever would have been a mother. Christ on a cracker.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 2:32 AM

R12 I’m not Republican. I’m a life long Democrat who is pro choice. You sound like a Borderline Personality. Splitting/black and white thinking are a mental illness. You need to learn how to process information without melting down and making asinine assumptions. Get help, hon.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 3:10 AM

Stevie admitted in the 90s that she had 4 abortions total. I support a woman's right to choose but that number is shocking. No doctor ever suggested an IUD?

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2020 5:02 AM

Her nose looks very strange.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 5:34 AM

R16, or just getting her tubes tied if she knew she didn’t want children. People like to convince everyone that it’s just a bunch of cells, but it’s more than that. Those cells are the building blocks of a life. I can just chalk up humans to a bunch of animated meat and bone, but again, it’s not that simple. There is something wrong with a woman who takes abortion that lightly.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2020 5:50 AM

"At the height of her addiction, Nicks infamously had a huge hole in her nose from her cocaine use, and was warned she risked a possible brain hemorrhage if she continued using the drug. She eventually went into rehab at the Betty Ford clinic in 1986.The singer admitted: 'You could put a big gold ring through my septum. It affected my eyes, my sinuses. It was a lot of fun for a long time because we didn't know it was bad. But eventually it gets hold of you, and all you can think about is where your next line is coming from. All of us were drug addicts. But there was a point where I was the worst drug addict. I was a girl, I was fragile, and I was doing a lot of coke and I was in danger of brain damage',"

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2020 5:53 AM

Fleetwood Mac have always appealed to people whose taste in music runs to Top 40. It’s not a bad thing, it is just what is is.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2020 6:08 AM

Fleetwood Mac started in 1968 and had a #1 hit in the UK called Albatross. Stevie didn't show up until 1975.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2020 6:08 AM

How old is that picture?

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2020 6:15 AM

[quote] People like to convince everyone that it’s just a bunch of cells, but it’s more than that. Those cells are the building blocks of a life. I can just chalk up humans to a bunch of animated meat and bone, but again, it’s not that simple. There is something wrong with a woman who takes abortion that lightly.

Shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2020 6:25 AM

She didn't have as many abortions as I did.

She's an amateur.

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2020 6:32 AM

R23 nope. If you can’t handle opinions that differ from your own then you are in the wrong place.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2020 6:33 AM

R24 Is 11 even possible?

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2020 8:15 AM

r15 is an imposter trying to project all of her faults on me, the REAL OP.

I'm a life-long conservative owning all the woketards who have misplaced their faith in Sleepy Joe, who's headed for a landslide loss on Nov. 3. But let's be honest. Only the regressive right would consider a person defending women's reproductive rights as "tone deaf" and "self absorbed," when Nicks is heroically defending the rights of 170 million women with the courage anonymous chickenshits like me will never have. That's why I said it. Nothing the regressive right says ever offends anybody's tones or comes off as "self absorbed," even though we're the radical, fringe minority trying to drag the clock back 150 years to a false definition of human life not even Medieval Christians supported. Splitting from my black and white thinking is a mental illness, which is why all of you need to conform to my view or get help, hon. I would never accuse others of mental illness to cover up my own. Libtards simply can't process information and they need social engineering.

Get help, r15.

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2020 12:42 PM

If it wasn’t for Fleetwood Mac she would have married Lindsey and had kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2020 12:50 PM

I think she regrets it, Here she is again telling the crowd that she and Lindsey could have had 15 children and grandchildren if they continued with Buckingham Nicks and stayed in Nashville as a country duo. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2020 12:54 PM

Stevie is bitter as hell. "Men can't handle me because I'm an independent woman" Honey, you're 72.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2020 5:28 PM

“Can I just say that Harry Styles is not my younger boyfriend,” she says – deadpan, but with a smile in her voice. “He is my friend. My very good friend.”

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2020 5:51 PM

R27 for real, though. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2020 8:26 PM

Good tradeoff. One unwanted foetus vs. millions in record sales and the music of a generation.

by Anonymousreply 33October 18, 2020 11:52 PM

Same with Mary Travers of Peter, Paul & Mary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2020 12:05 AM

Peter Green was 100 times the artist Stevie is.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2020 1:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!