Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Mental Illness Would You Diagnose Angelyne With?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 1:18 AM

She just turned 70.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 12:14 AM

Histrionic PD? Narcissistic PD?

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 12:15 AM

What's with the chin-strap scarf she always wears? Is that to hide a turkey neck or saggy jowls?

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 12:16 AM

She seems emotionally stunted and delusional. ZERO empathy for others. And I have ready every interview I can find.

Definitely borderline. (Don't let her new age 60's stuff fool you)

She is a delusional and damaged woman.

Actually has some talent as a painter/artist.

But beyond damaged,

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 12:19 AM

Please also , see Donna Douglas .

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 12:20 AM

Sorry, READ every interview I can find..

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 12:22 AM

[quote]What's with the chin-strap scarf she always wears?

Always?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 12:24 AM

Her voice still sounds so young. It's creepy.

Remember when everyone thought she must be nearing 90?

She's basically a year older than Cassandra Peterson (Elvira).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 12:25 AM

I hate these nerds who poke at colorful people.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2020 12:37 AM

Her pilot light got blown out years ago.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 12:39 AM

R9- She is colorful and interesting, hell yes.

But she is also mentally ill and it is very sad.

In 10-15 years, let's see how she ended up, shall we?

It's a cautionary tale..

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 12:47 AM

She’s sweet and never bothers anyone and is a treasure so just leave her alone and if you see her say hi and wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 12:57 AM

She most likely has several things going on at the same time. Narcissism is probably one of them.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 1:01 AM

She's goes beyond "colorful" and "eccentric." Like OP says, she basically shelved Ronia/Renee Goldberg and pretty much anything connected to her, to become Angelyne. Cut off contact with most, if not all contact with friends and family from her previous life. She IS the Angelyne character now. There is negativity lurking under cooey, pink persona, such as grifting fans, insulting them when they don't do or buy her whatever she wants, or questioning her about something and there were videos of her throwing stuff at paparazzi.

Sure she had a crappy upbringing, but she went way beyond what most people do to try move beyond that.

I questioned if she was behind her backstory being leaked, but from the upcoming "Angelyne" series from "Peacock", it looks like the whole protected world/image that Angelyne seems to live in and want to convey to everyone. Now I don't think she was.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 1:04 AM

Is this where Amanda Lepore is headed?

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 1:11 AM

R14 nails it, and I think that it is far worse than that.

R12- She is NOT sweet!!! Read any interview. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2020 1:13 AM

That's Britney Spears in 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!