Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Break in the Jodi Huisentruit Case

She was the news anchor who went missing in 1995. She’s never been found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2021 2:01 PM

Unusual for middle aged women to be targeted like that.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2020 11:28 PM

She was not middle-aged. She was a young news reporter who was abducted on her way to work in the parking lot of her apartment building. At one point, there was talk of a suspect that was someone she worked with and with whom she either had a relationship with or who wanted one with her and was rebuffed.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 11:41 PM

She wasn't middle aged? Then who is the woman pictured at the OP?

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 11:44 PM

R2, interesting. The person of interest or suspect just kept coming to work after she disappeared?

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 12:05 AM

She was 27. She was ripped from her apartment and never seen again.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 12:16 AM

Such a weird & sad story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 12:17 AM

This one and the Springfield Three are headscratchers. Most people don't just disappear from their homes never to be seen again. How people have been able to keep their mouths shut for three decades without slipping up is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 12:23 AM

What time would she have left for work, though? If it was very early, it shouldn't surprise if there were no witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote]She was 27. She was ripped from her apartment and never seen again.

Not quite. IIRC, her car keys, high heels, earrings and a couple of other things were scattered near her car in her apartment complex's parking lot. LE thought she was taken around 4 or 5 am as she was unlocking her car to go to work. She was supposed to anchor her station's 6 am newscast.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2020 12:38 AM

I suppose it was the plastic surgery but she looked more and more like a Gabor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 12:40 AM

Oh I hope they solve this one.

See, that’s a big downside of being famous, on TV. There’s even greater exposure to the wack jobs.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 12:40 AM

One of her neighbors told LE during their investigation that they thought they had heard a scream around 4am but heard nothing else so went back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 12:44 AM

Middle aged women are targeted about as often as young women when it comes to abductions and murder. The media just doesn’t talk about it as often because young attractive white victims are what sells.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 12:45 AM

So did Jodi disguise herself as a middle aged woman in a mistaken belief that it would lower her chances of being targeted?

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 12:48 AM

R7 The Springfield Three are probably really under that parking garage and the place is too cheap thoroughly investigate and find out. Even if they don't want to dig the place up, surely technology has developed to the point that they could do a new scan to verify what was buried there.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 1:00 AM

I agree that this case and the Springfield one are seriously sinister. I think the guy that appeared to be obsessed with her and then later developed dementia and couldn’t remember a thing did it. That said, it’s amazing that they still haven’t found her body. There’s a crime scene video on Youtube of her apartment. So fucking creepy with messages still on her machine. Her key was also bent. There’s another theory in regards to what she was investigating - some guy’s suspicious suicide. Some theorized she was murdered for getting a little too close to the real story. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2021 1:10 AM

This is turning into a movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 29, 2021 1:11 AM

The Springfield Three is my #1 missing persons case. That case is so bizarre and so eerie.

by Anonymousreply 18April 29, 2021 1:42 AM

I still can’t believe it’s been 26 years since this happened. Jesus. Can you imagine her family and friends not knowing? How do you go on? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2021 1:14 PM

R19- To use that TRITE phrase- They need closure.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2021 1:23 PM

The Springfield 3 case has always creeped me out. I can’t believe that one happened in 1992 and still nothin to has been discovered.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2021 1:33 PM

Poor girl.

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2021 1:56 PM

The Huisentruit case is back in the news as a guy who was found guilty of murder mentioned her name in his interview with investigators. A bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2021 2:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!