Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What States Can Biden Not Afford to Lose?

I’ve heard about Trump’s, what about Biden?

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2020 8:55 PM

MN, WI, MI, and PA

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2020 9:09 PM

He has to get either OH or PA if not both

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 9:10 PM

Virginia and Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 9:12 PM

Texas and Arizona.

He cannot afford to lose those two.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 9:16 PM

[bold]California[/bold]. He cannot afford to lose the largest and most important state in the nation.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 9:18 PM

Washington DC. I hope he doesn't lose there!

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 9:19 PM

I am a realist, but I don't feel that Biden has any chance of losing Virginia. That's a very solid blue state, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2020 9:19 PM

Pennsylvania

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2020 9:20 PM

Right now Biden can win with so many more combinations of states than Trump it is a hard question to answer. Trump is playing defense on a slew of states very. very late in the game: GA, OH, IA, FL, PA, MI, WI, AZ and NC.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2020 9:37 PM

[quote] Trump is playing defense on a slew of states very. very late in the game: GA, OH, IA, FL, PA, MI, WI, AZ and NC.

The states that I can realistically see Biden winning or having a real shot at are: MI, AZ, PA. Everything else feels iffy. I honestly don't think Biden will do well in any of these states but will crush the popular vote. That is my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 9:52 AM

here are the states to watch: Michigan, Wisconsin, PA, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio. those are the top ones. YOu can keep an eye on Texas, Georgia, and Arizona too. But the big electoral vote tallies will come form those first six. We can lose Ohio and Florida if we get the other four.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 5:23 PM

R9 actually makes sense. What's he doing on Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 5:31 PM

[quote]Right now Biden can win with so many more combinations of states than Trump it is a hard question to answer. Trump is playing defense on a slew of states very. very late in the game: GA, OH, IA, FL, PA, MI, WI, AZ and NC.

They're also having to shore up Texas. Biden wouldn't be spending money there if he didn't think it was winnable.

The election watchers who aren't Nate Silver (who's basically a Concern Troll for the clicks at this point) have all made references to shockingly bad GOP internal polls even in really red states.

I'm not assuming Biden is going to win--I'm terrified he won't--but I'm allowing a few minutes of hope here and there.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 5:53 PM

This isn't in the bag. I wanna be happy and breathe a little, but Jen is telling us not to get complacent:

Biden's campaign manager, Jen O'Malley Dillon, in a memo warned supporters they should not grow complacent about the state of the race due to the Democratic nominee's consistent lead in national polls, The New York Times and The Washington Post report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 7:25 PM

Take a breath and then get back to work, R14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 7:40 PM

Also, that seat? Probably in Texas, given Cornyn trying to tiptoe away from Trump today.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2020 7:43 PM

The 5th circuit ruled that the State of Texas does not have to notify voters if their ballots are rejected because no "loss of liberty" is at stake.

Who fucking knows what will happen in Texas? We're eager to vote. The Republicans are eager to squelch us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2020 8:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!