Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rene Auberjonois Straight?

I know he was most famous as Odo on Deep Six 9, but to me he'll always be Clayton from "Benson." Anyway, he died last year and I discovered he'd been married to a woman since 1963 and had two kids. So I guess he was STRAIGHT? He seemed flaming. Gayer than a treeful of parrots.

I guess he could've been bearding, but doing so for nearly sixty years seems a bit excessive.

Oh, I also found out his great-great-great grandmother was Napoleon's sister, which is sort of cool.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2020 5:16 PM

You could be onto something, OP. I always thought that he and Quark had a thing going on. I mean the actor who played Quark.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2020 7:56 PM

I never watched any of those Star Trek shows, so like you -being an 80s kid- he was the guy from Benson.

I knew he had an aristocratic background. by I had no idea it was being related to Napoleon. That really is cool.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 7:59 PM

,but*

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote] Oh, I also found out his great-great-great grandmother was Napoleon's sister

Of the Bonaparte Napoleons?

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 8:02 PM

He was hilarious in this scene from The Eyes of Laura Mars playing a Faye decoy in drag! šŸ˜‚

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 8:08 PM

I know his son and daughter-in-law. They are absolutely the nicest people, a lovely family.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 8:12 PM

He just plays lots of fey roles because people expect French people to act gay

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2020 8:21 PM

r4 No, Rose, of the cream-filled and fondant-iced napoleons.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2020 8:41 PM

He was on episode of a Bionic Woman rerun last week. He was supposed to be attracted t Jamie. Didn't feel it. Not one bit. Not that that means anything, but I just assumed....you know.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2020 9:20 PM

Many men have very long beards.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2020 10:24 PM

He has a daughter who went to Sarah Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2020 11:31 PM

Fiasco

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2020 11:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2020 11:46 PM

He was fey in Police Academy 5.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 12:00 AM

I met his son, who is happily married. Nicest guy ever.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 12:03 AM

IMO he and Jeffrey Combs likely had a thing going on when they both worked on DS9. If you watch interviews with the both of them, they seem unusually close. Bi vibes from both, mostly from Rene. Just my take on it.

That being said I loved Rene, so sad heā€™s gone now.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2020 12:44 AM

You might be on to something, R16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 12:48 AM

I always told Ike that straight men are better at playing pansies than the fairies.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2020 1:59 AM

I remember being a young gayling and seeing Eyes of Laura Mars. I wasn't sure which way I was headed (Still thought girls) but I remember thinking, well I'll never be that! (Rene's fem character in the movie). What a nasty little piece of work I was.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2020 5:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!