Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do Asian McDonalds sell so many cool items they don’t sell in the States?

I hate that. I know some of those items have been sold here at some point in time before being discontinued, but throughout Asia you can still get many of those items.

I wanna try their Spaghetti!!! Look at how you can get a bowl of chicken there!!

Also, why does their food taste BETTER elsewhere? Their fish sandwich in Italy was bigger and real fish. Here, it is that Patty.

My friend also said in Japan their cheeseburger used real beef. Not the pre-made patties ours does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2020 9:08 PM

Who is the hot giant?

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2020 6:17 PM

[quote] My friend also said in Japan their cheeseburger used real beef. Not the pre-made patties ours does.

Um, what's the correlation to real beef and a pre-made patty? Real beef can also be a frozen patty.

Your vernacular is showing, just like your epidermis.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 6:18 PM

Because the consumer insists on variety. Or because the consumer and the government insist on better quality food. Italians are not going to stomach garbage food. All ingredients in McDo Switzerland are Swiss. No frankenfood. Many countries operate the same way, not forcing their citizens to eat garbage. China must be about offering variety and choice, though.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 6:20 PM

(R3) McDonald's in Italy tasted the same to me. I went two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 6:23 PM

That's some prime beef buying some McD's!

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 6:24 PM

Japanese McDonalds have products that appeal to Japanese palates-- lots of sickly sweet gooey sauces. Other than that, it tastes exactly the same as it does in the US. And Japanese competitors to McDonalds are pretty disgusting as well (I'm thinking about Mos Burger).

Even in the US, there are regional McDonalds products. At least in Texas there have been at various points.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 6:25 PM

Why the f is the guy in the foreground so enormous? Is he Goliath?

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2020 6:44 PM

Why the f is the guy in the foreground so enormous? Is he Goliath?

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2020 6:44 PM

Many of the large food chains adapt their menus to appeal to local tastes. I ate at a MacDonalds in India, years ago, they had an amazing chicken sandwich. Well seasoned and a bit of a zing.

Coca Cola sells products overseas that they don’t sell in the U.S. I guess they feel Americans will eat anything as long as it’s big to hell with actual taste and nutrition.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2020 7:02 PM

Even McDonald's restos across the U.S. sell different things. They try to cater to the local market. I got to try the McLobster sandwich a few years ago. IIRC, it was about $9 USD and it was better than I expected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2020 7:08 PM

They also sell beer and wine at overseas McDonalds. The public there demands that it simulate an actual meal, whereas here in the US the majority has been cowed into accepting crappier and crappier junk.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2020 7:12 PM

Japan also has unique soda, potato chip and Kit-Kat flavors you can't get anywhere else as well. CDs are still very popular there and the Japanese editions of albums usually get exclusive packaging, bonus tracks and discs.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2020 7:13 PM

Poo Teen

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2020 7:14 PM

OP, you posted that thinking anyone would be wondering about the Asian McD's or did you post it knowing we wouldn't?

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2020 7:21 PM

OP maybe try not obsessing over McDonalds and start appreciating real food. If you visit these countries is your first stop going to be a damn McDonalds?

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2020 7:27 PM

I was at a website once that showed unusual Mcdonald's food items in foreign countries. They should a Shrimp Burger in Japan that looked so GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2020 7:33 PM

Americans expect the least for the most and we strive to give it to them.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2020 7:35 PM

Food and snacks in Japan are the best. Even their crappy Nescafe Gold tastes better than Starbuck coffee!!!

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2020 7:43 PM

The guy is olivier ritchers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2020 7:48 PM

That guy is giant because he’s next to some probably 4’11 Filipinas.

Go to a Jollibee, OP. The reason they have spaghetti and fried chicken is to siphon from the super-dominant Jollibee market. I tried McD’s version last I was in the Philippines... not the same.

Overseas places do this to bank against what is already in their culture’s cuisine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2020 8:01 PM

It says he's actually 7'2 so he'd be tall by any standard..

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2020 8:09 PM

Thanks, R19. That's one hot giant. No wonder Jack climbed the beanstalk.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2020 9:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!