Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Electric Grandmother (1982)

Who remembers this trippy early 1980s made-for-TV gem? It scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Rewatching now ... what memories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 7:34 PM

A remake of a Twilight Zone episode written by Ray Bradbury. Josephine Hutchinson played the grandmother, and one of the kids was Veronica Cartwright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 10:04 PM

I realize now why I thought it was scary. I thought that the electric grandmother was a nefarious presence and only the daughter knew it. I remember turning it off after the scene where the girl "unplugs" the grandmother because I thought it would only get scarier.

Yes MARY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 4:37 PM

I randomly remembered this movie a week ago. All I could retell was the Grandma getting hit by a car and the little girl crying and then Grandma gets up and says "No, not like mommy." I didn't know where to begin searching for it. That was one of those weird movie memories you have as a child.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 7:16 PM

Yeah, r3, this movie definitely stayed with me. Well, certain moments. I remembered, for example, the father brushing the soot off the building number, and also how the grandmother's voice is a conglomeration of the father and kids.

But I completely forgot other parts, like the milk being poured out of her finger and the grandmother being airlifted in (which both seem ... memorable.)

Memory is a funny thing.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 7:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!