Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A ‘Homeless Jesus’ Statue Had The Cops Called On It—Within 20 Minutes Of It Being Installed

A Cleveland church sparked backlash online after installing a bronze statue of Jesus sleeping on a park bench.

The display—located at St. Barnabas Bay Village Episcopal Church—also made enough of an impression on a spectator that he called the police to report what he mistook as a sleeping homeless person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2020 1:27 AM

I deny it.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 8:45 PM

People need to mind their own Fucking business. Why are we calling the cops on someone sleeping on a bench in 2020?

Really the fucking police? Some people never learn.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 8:46 PM

Well I guess that church made the point it wanted to make pretty quickly

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 8:47 PM

Heck they called the police on a people providing food to homeless people. Apparently that's not allowed in some places.

Don't feed the animals, I guess

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 8:47 PM

They would crucify Jesus in a second too

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 8:49 PM

Homeless Jesus got the Jesus Freaks and the Woke crowd get offended, at the same time!

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 8:52 PM

Church's response:

We're glad to temporarily host this statue of Homeless Jesus to raise awareness of homelessness in Cleveland and remind us that all people are created in the image of God.

If anyone wants to help, please use this link to give. Select "Homeless Jesus" and every penny raised will be used to feed, clothe, and house those in need. Hopefully some good will come from all this. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 9:01 PM

Justice for Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 9:05 PM

Homelesh Jeshush.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 9:06 PM

What a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 9:07 PM

[italic]LOCK ‘IM UP!

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 9:11 PM

[quote]R7 If anyone wants to help, please use this link to give. Select "Homeless Jesus" and [bold]every penny raised will be used to feed, clothe, and house those in need. [/bold]

Why would anyone believe anything a church has to say??

The money will just go for more sex toys, video cameras and hookers with which to desecrate their altars.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 9:14 PM

Dare Lord on a park bench!

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 11:00 PM

Fuckin' figures. Jesus would be in jail today for one reason or another. I'm no longer religious, but the young rabbi apparently said some great stuff. I had relatives who really lived out Christianity.

"Christianity hasn't been tried and found wanting, it has been found difficult and never tried."

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2020 1:12 AM

It’s in a rather conservative, very well-off suburb.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2020 1:21 AM

my grandparents lived a few blocks north of there on Nantucket Row until they died in 1986

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2020 1:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!