Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen bounces back in Ratings; Drew Berrymore show faltering

I guess we’re looking at the syndicated TV ratings now like they’re the I Ching, just to see if Ellen DeGeneres will capsize.

She won’t. So forget it.

Second week back after a rocky first week, “The Ellen Show” was up 50% in total viewers, up to 1.2 million. It was the third highest ranked talk show, after “Dr. Phil” and “Live with Kelly and Ryan.” The audience doesn’t care about the toxic backstage stuff. “The Ellen Show” will keep growing. So much for that.

BTW she ranked fourth in the key demo, up 67% from week 1. Listen, Ellen made mistakes but she’s not stupid. She’s back, with a vengeance.

I’d be more concerned about Drew Barrymore. She was down 14% in her second week. The show grabbed 600,000 viewers. The show she replaced in many markets, “Hot Bench,” was steady at 1.7 million. Fans like my mother just went and found it wherever it’s playing. “Drew” seems like she’s taken too much Prozac. She also says mean things about her mother, which isn’t nice at age 45. Get over it, already.

Me? I’m really keen on Tamron Hall, who’s holding steady, doing a consistent, good job, has a raison d’etre, and was just renewed for a third season. Tamron was screwed by NBC and let go to make way for Megyn Kelly, who everyone hated and cost the network $69 million. Tamron got the last laugh.

Share this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 30, 2020 4:40 AM

So Ellen is third or fourth? Soon she will be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 7:27 PM

Unfortunately Ellen isn't going anywhere anytime soon; she's a frau fave and fraus make for a super loyal fan base. Ellen would have to be caught stomping on a nest of baby ducklings while singing the Third Reich national anthem in order to lose their support.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 7:36 PM

I can't believe that people still withstand Dr. Phil.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 7:37 PM

I know right

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 9:09 PM

It's shocking to me that "hit" TV shows nowadays barely get a million views, in a country of 330 million.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 9:42 PM

Love that Ellen is holding her own in the ratings.

Suck on that, you rabid dog Ellen haters.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 9:49 PM

She looks like Evie (Girls Will Be Girls) in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 9:51 PM

wtf

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 9:51 PM

[quote]Love that Ellen is holding her own in the ratings.

Shame the same can't be said for her liquor.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 9:52 PM

That’s a nasty thing to say 🙄

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 9:59 PM

Ellen is a likeable tv personality. I doubt the average person cares about how she treats people in her personal and professional life.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 10:02 PM

Drew Berrymore is the most embarrassing talk show since Jenny Jones.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 10:14 PM

Jenny Jones was amoral dreck

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 10:25 PM

"Talking Sopranos" is a new-ish YouTube channel featuring Michael Imperioli (Christopher) and Steven Schirripa (Bobby Baccala). Steve confirmed that Ellen was rude; Michael I. said Ellen was nice to him. Michael I. said that he, too, has it in his contracts that people (nobodies) on set can't look him in the eyes. The more episodes I watch (of "Talking Sopranos"), the more I think Michael Imperioli is a jerk. Steve Schirripa is more like a Datalounger, bitching about asshole people, naming names, etc.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 10:43 PM

It's Barrymore.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 10:55 PM

The talk show is not the correct format for Drew. I tried watching her show and it is a cringe inducing experience.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 11:45 PM

[quote]That’s a nasty thing to say

The woman is a defender of staunch homophobes. Fuck her feelings. She'd roll around naked in pig shit if they gave her another million. She's a sellout with no intergrity.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2020 12:49 AM

Here she is, sitting there like a douche bag on her phone, next to George Bush II.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2020 12:57 AM

ellen does not control seating arrangements outside of her show

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2020 1:02 AM

What did Drew say about her Mom?

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2020 1:03 AM

Frau is the most superficial creature on earth. They don't care who the person really is as long as she act nice and make her happy. Shame of frau!

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2020 1:21 AM

[quote] ellen does not control seating arrangements outside of her show

I don't think she and Bush 2nd randomly ended up next to each other.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2020 2:18 AM

drew is so fake happi miss happi face oh f u bitch

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2020 2:27 AM

Her screechy teen voice is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2020 2:28 AM

loooooove tamron, she is real and luvs us g boys

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2020 2:29 AM

Why are you promoting this cunt?

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2020 2:37 AM

Drew Barrymore has a show??! Why??

by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2020 2:44 AM

thrilled drews show is flopping, her manic teen spirit is off putting nd nasty

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2020 9:21 AM

I love her

by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2020 11:40 AM

The Drew Barrymore Show was a fascinating trainwreck to watch for a few weeks but now it’s lost it’s initial curiosity. It’s bad, bad. All the interviews become about her. She’s awkward with the host banter. The show is embarrassingly pandering with its mom focus.

This is a Chevy Chase Show level disaster but Drew has built up enough goodwill that people are being charitable towards it.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2020 7:05 PM

Oh good. Then they can take Drew off and put HOT BENCH back on Channel 2 at 9AM!

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2020 7:08 PM

I think Ellen is autistic. Every move seems rehearsed with her and he never has a genuine back and worth with people. She can't seem to sense when people are getting uncomfortable in interviews and autism might explain how she treats her staff. Autistic people have empathy but they never really connect and have trouble processing their own emotions. Her jokes and Seinfeld-esque and he is an admitted aspie. Ellen being slightly robotic works well in the context of the show. She lets others shine and her personality doesn't overwhelm the audience. You never really get a sense of what she's like off camera. When you have someone who is the complete opposite, like Drew Barrymore, her "big" personality takes over and it become obnoxious. Everything becomes about Drew, Drew, Drew. She's an open book and you can tell she's like that all the time.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2020 7:19 PM

I like open book and the energy, the rigid talk show format is too constraining for Drew.

by Anonymousreply 33October 18, 2020 7:29 PM

Hot bench is way better than Barrymore

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2020 7:33 PM

[quote] Ellen is a likeable tv personality. I doubt the average person cares about how she treats people in her personal and professional life.

Ellen is a complete phoney on her show. Anyone who has anything to do with her in SoCal (from Montecito—->LA) knows of her cruel reputation. She treats human beings so poorly it is shocking that she has the gall to promote “kindness” on her show. It’s a complete farce.

Now she is selling her Montecito mansion due to cash flow issues. Remember she gave the moniker Monstercito to the area for her monster-like behaviour.

Only those she requires something from or clueless observers still consider her “likeable”.

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2020 7:48 PM

makes my year that drew is cancelled !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2020 7:57 PM

Ellen has a new hair style. She looks fucking ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2020 4:03 AM

Looks like Jay Leno now. Weird person, karma is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2020 4:06 AM

She looks like Temple Grandin a DL fave!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2020 4:18 AM

At least Temple was intelligent R39.

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2020 4:20 AM

Joe Pesci on female hormones

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2020 4:24 AM

The world worships Ellen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2020 4:28 AM

I would have checked out Drew's show, but it doesn't even air in my semi-major market, and I don't care enough to watch it online.

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2020 4:34 AM

I gave Drew's show a try last week. When she was expressing excitement about an upcoming celebrity appearance, she would make a loud, long, high-pitched scream. Kind of like a noise you might expect at a teen girl sleepover party. I couldn't take it, and I had to turn the channel.

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2020 4:44 AM

OH- MY-GAAD

Drew has THE FONZ -on-her-SHOW!

could she gush any more?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2020 4:53 AM

R42, not anymore

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2020 4:58 AM

R37 She looks like an Everly Brother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2020 5:22 AM

They say that addicts stop developing psychologically and emotionally at the age they become addicted. Drew did rehab at what...14? Explains a lot, if true.

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2020 8:20 AM

Just goes to prove that all publicity is good publicity as far as the masses are concerned.

Wouldn't surprise me if the cunt Trump get re-elected if this is any indication of the public's willingness to look the other way at on-going bad behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2020 8:53 AM

The problem with Drew's show is bad timing. Every talk show feels awkward now with the social distancing and other Corona-19 safety measures. And as a newbie she doesn't know how to counter the awkwardness.

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2020 9:06 AM

Embrace the awkwardness, it could make for good conversation but the host has to be a quick thinker and be able to talk about wide ranging topics.

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2020 10:08 AM

Drew isn’t that smart...she babbles or gushes.

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2020 10:33 AM

I think many of us wanted to like Drew's show, but as someone stated above, a talk show is not the proper platform for her. Maybe an occasional podcast, but not this format. It also doesn't help that she has no live audience to feed off of. Which means there's plenty of awkward silence as she nods and stares intently while listening to her guest, all the while thinking how to mention herself when she responds. God bless her and I love her, but I don't see a second season (or a Daytime Emmy) in her future.

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2020 1:44 PM

"Ellen is a complete phoney on her show"

I don't care if she (or anyone else) is PHONY. I never thought Ellen was funny or good at anything, I don't watch her. She's "comfortable" and non-threatening on the air and that's what daytime viewers want. The end.

Phoney:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 22, 2020 2:57 PM

The mainstream loves Ellen. I fear this just makes her even meaner than before since she got away with it for now.

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2020 3:19 PM

Does Ellen fly also?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2020 3:39 PM

[quote] She's "comfortable" and non-threatening on the air and that's what daytime viewers want. The end.

Americans are shallow.

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2020 3:44 PM

^ Everyone's shallow

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2020 7:18 PM

Drew seems to have the iq of a carrot and the maturity of a junior varsity cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2020 7:22 PM

it is excellent timing to have a talk show, there is very much to talk about, seriously or even not seriously.

The fact that we're socially distant makes for conversation that goes beyond:" It is like sooooo surreereeeeallll"!

These types of shows are a relic of the 1980s.

Drew struggles to fit into the mold of "talk show host" instead of creating a format that suits her.

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2020 11:00 PM

Drew u repulsive icky skag !

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2020 11:33 PM

Drew Barrymore knows how she can become Queen of Daytime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 23, 2020 1:19 AM

Never watched Ellen. Never will. Nasty arrogant witch that I wish she would go away. She’s got Portia’s hairstyle now. Still ugly

by Anonymousreply 63October 23, 2020 1:34 AM

bitch on verge of cancellation..so gr8

by Anonymousreply 64October 23, 2020 2:03 AM

Her new hairstyle is just wrong. It aged her 20 years, overnight.

by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2020 3:53 AM

It did more than just age her R65. Portia or Elvis she will never be.

by Anonymousreply 66October 23, 2020 4:04 AM

I was channel surfing last week and watched a little bit of Ellen's show. You could tell she was super pissed off trying to act real nice

She was hating every single second of the show

by Anonymousreply 67October 23, 2020 4:22 AM

R67 is correct.

Quiet correct, in fact.

I still think, sadly, she's going to end her life.

The traumas she went through as a kid don't allow her to be happy.

I bet Jen Aniston doesn't even like her.

It's sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 68October 23, 2020 4:29 AM

portia is paid a huge sum to stay with her....they dont sleep 2gether....ellen hires ho's....

by Anonymousreply 69October 23, 2020 5:16 AM

Should a heart attack soon from the stress and booze of having be smile and act like she gives a crap about celebrities life’s.

by Anonymousreply 70October 23, 2020 5:19 AM

I always liked Ellen as a comedienne. I don't watch her talk show because other than Nicolle Wallace (I'm west coast), I don't watch daytime tv.

I know she's a cunt and that her reputation as such was earned. The only thing that bugged me about her takedown is the 2,000,000 guys who've been doing this for years and got/get a pass. One lesbian fucks up? The townspeople grab their pitchforks and torches.

There's no excuse for Ellen's shitty personality and bad treatment of others. It just irritates me that all the guys get away with it and she's fucking crucified.

by Anonymousreply 71October 23, 2020 5:26 AM

You have a point R71, but most of those 2m guys don't base their talk shows on a platform of 'be kind to one another.'

by Anonymousreply 72October 23, 2020 5:35 AM

(R71)She was not fired. She is still on the air.

by Anonymousreply 73October 23, 2020 5:42 AM

I agree, R72, that motto was one of the things that nailed her. I still think the one mean lesbian gets killed, 2 million mean straight guys sail on through...

R73, I didn't say she was fired. I said she was crucified, which she was.

by Anonymousreply 74October 23, 2020 5:45 AM

She still has her millions and her many homes. Got some bad press which she deserved. I would not say a guilty person is crucified. I would call it more karma.

by Anonymousreply 75October 23, 2020 6:00 AM

i knew she'd handle it wrong; she's all pissed she 'had' to apologize like a little kid.

She's mean to people and then goes on TV and says be kind.

I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 76October 23, 2020 6:09 AM

You guys are fucking stupid, I swear to god.

Yes, she's guilty - she is a bad, mean, selfish person. She treated her employees like fucking trash and got away with it for years because she has a hit show. When the shit hit the fan, her underlings went down and she's back on the air.

My POINT is that there is one fucking lesbian with a big show who is a cunt, there are 2 million nasty fucking sociopaths who have had shows over the years who are just as bad, if not worse, than Ellen. She gets crucified, they walk away unscathed.

It's not that she didn't deserve to get busted - she did. It's that they all deserve it too and almost all of them get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 77October 23, 2020 6:14 AM

After the years of Rage and fake fuckery of Ellen and Wendy.

I'm glad Drew is here.

by Anonymousreply 78October 23, 2020 9:45 AM

Drew may have her own challenges, but agree, R78.

Ellen’s sublimated rage in the mask of kindness is the ultimate in hypocrisy and a stain on the American talk-show circuit.

Most outside the USA can transparently see right through her sham and shamelessness.

It’s embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 79October 23, 2020 9:51 AM

[quote]My POINT is that there is one fucking lesbian with a big show who is a cunt, there are 2 million nasty fucking sociopaths who have had shows over the years who are just as bad, if not worse, than Ellen. She gets crucified, they walk away unscathed.

Right, because Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose and Nick Cannon and Megyn Kelly and Ed Henry and Bill O'Reilly and Nicolle Wallace and Marie Osmond and Tom Bergeron and Gretchen Carlson and Marc Lamont Hill and about a million others never got fired from their TV host jobs.

Several of those on that list were fired in revenge after THEY were screwed over, they themselves hadn't done much of anything wrong.

Ellen meanwhile still has her show and ratings and fans and everything is fine. She's not a victim. She wasn't fired. She didn't lose her job. She's not suffering anything but maybe some irritation over what happened.

So let's stop pretending like she's the victim of homophobia. These false claims of victimhood don't help us.

by Anonymousreply 80October 23, 2020 9:53 AM

Okay, R80, apparently although I've explained it quite clearly more than once, your reading comprehension is blocked by your bullshit.

She is BOTH, dear, it's not either/or. She IS a victim of homophobia AND she is a nasty cunt to work for.

Your list of people who got fired veers way off course, dear. Maybe it's past your bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 81October 23, 2020 9:58 AM

Ellen's new haircut makes her look like Todd Chrisley. Or Krisley, Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 82October 23, 2020 12:21 PM

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GO BACK to male strippers and hunk contests on geraldo, sally jesse raphael, donahue, jenny jones and ricki lake?!...

by Anonymousreply 83October 23, 2020 12:27 PM

Why? There is so much better hot bro content on Instagram and TikTok

by Anonymousreply 84October 23, 2020 12:28 PM

I agree with you R71. I don't watch any talk shows. They're nonsense. Just a bunch of actors trying to act super friendly to hype up whatever project they have coming out and it's all fake.

I don't care if she's nice to anyone either. Half the bosses in the world are assholes. She's not the first asshole boss and she won't be the last. people need to stop acting like she murdered someone

And seriously, she ought to just quit. She obviously doesn't like it and definitely doesn't need the money. She's just greedy

by Anonymousreply 85October 24, 2020 6:42 AM

Did she rape anyone? Sexually harass anyone? Hurl racial abuse at anyone? No?

NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 86October 24, 2020 8:49 AM

[quote] Did she rape anyone? Sexually harass anyone? Hurl racial abuse at anyone? No? NEXT!

There are myriad forms of abuse, R86. If that’s your only definition of abuse, it explains why the US has devolved to its 3rd world state.

by Anonymousreply 87October 24, 2020 5:51 PM

No, R86, she was still a psycho cunt. She is abusive to her employees and blamed her other employees for everything. They got fired, she's back on the air.

Typical mega-cunt behavior.

She is a victim of homophobia in how she's treated. She's also a fucking nightmare for any employee, a deliberately abusive boss who has a sadistic streak. Hidden matchsticks around the house? Staff racing to find them all before she gets back and abuses them? She's a sadistic fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 88October 24, 2020 5:51 PM

Hidden matchsticks around the house? Staff racing to find them all before she gets back and abuses them?

wtf?

by Anonymousreply 89October 24, 2020 5:54 PM

Sometimes before she goes to work, Ellen hides matchsticks around the house in obscure places to "check" that the army of cleaners is cleaning every nook and cranny, every day.

If the staff hasn't found them all before she gets home, the abuse over their "negligence and poor job performance" begins.

by Anonymousreply 90October 24, 2020 6:56 PM

Ellen’s brand is done.

by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2020 7:00 PM

R60 that is some sick shit

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2020 7:01 PM

Ellen needs to soften her appearance if she ever wants to reclaim the crown that was stole em from her by SJWs. The new hairstyle is horrible.

She was relatively feminine when her show began.

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2020 7:12 PM

Still love Drew on the daily.

For all the reasons stated in this article and many others.

And oh yeah, FUCK ELLEN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 25, 2020 6:07 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 95October 25, 2020 7:11 PM

I read about that bit she did with the psychic invoking her ex-husbands non-dead relative that was pretty shameless. His reaction was perfect though. New York realness vs LA flaky cult-ish bullshit in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 96October 25, 2020 10:36 PM

Linked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 25, 2020 10:38 PM

Love you Drew. I can't wait until 2 p.m. to be with you again!

by Anonymousreply 98October 26, 2020 8:29 AM

Ellen for president!

by Anonymousreply 99October 26, 2020 9:33 AM

I was hoping the Ellen scandal would be the end of her. It seems she’s just fine now and back to normal. I just think it’s someone else’s turn. She had a good run now go away.

by Anonymousreply 100October 26, 2020 12:26 PM

R72 That is so true.

Signed: S. Penn, M. Fassbender, G. Oldman, A. Baldwin, R. DeNiro, S. Connery, J. Hamn, M. Wahlberg, M. Broderwick, etc

by Anonymousreply 101October 26, 2020 1:17 PM

Drew (unlike Wendy) really just is trying to do her best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 27, 2020 8:24 AM

Why is it such crazy women do daytime talk shows? Wendy is a drunk, Ellen a Psycho bitch, and we know that Drew is not all there. Can’t we give our bored senor citizens something better to watch?

by Anonymousreply 103October 30, 2020 4:36 AM

Ellen is a sick drunk who gets off on other people’s fears. A sick woman. I’m glad her ratings are in the gutter.

by Anonymousreply 104October 30, 2020 4:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!