Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ever had this happen?

I was scrolling through a recently revived thread from a few months ago. I thought one of the posts was very pithy, but didn’t WW it. Then, a while later there’s a notification that I received a WW. I click on it and it’s the same post I thought was pithy. I have no memory of making the post, but it’s 100% me.

Have you ever come across one of your old posts and didn’t realize you’re the one who made it??

Am I getting dementia or should I lay off the bourbon??

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 8:49 PM

Yes, I've had that happen before, and realized we could WW our own posts. I only did it the one time, by accident (I blame it on the wine), but I read that other people routinely do it. I don't really get the point. But I don't waste time trying to argue with people here, either.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 6:56 PM

I've had that experience, r1. Usually with older threads.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 6:57 PM

I have re-read threads before that I thought that if the thread was current here is what I would post. I then scroll thru the posts and find one that says almost word for word what I would have posted. The posts are months or even three or four years old. It dawns on me that I was that poster three or four years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 6:58 PM

The WW is coming from inside your computer. You in danger gurl.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 6:59 PM

[quote]Am I getting dementia or should I lay off the bourbon??

Probably. Why bother if you're getting dementia?

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 7:01 PM

I saw that post too OP but I didn't think it was that great so I didn't WW it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 7:05 PM

Yes, yes, and yes!

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 7:05 PM

I've come across some really bitchy, vicious posts and realized they were me, lol.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 7:07 PM

R8 🤣It’s good to learn about ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 7:46 PM

In a sense every time you ww someone you’re ww’ing yourself, since the post is so sympathetic or congenial to your nature. But the exact thing you mentioned,typing a post then forgetting you wrote it and ww’ing it, that’s bourbon, at least in my case. And I wish I had a case right now.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 7:56 PM

Wait until I start arguing with myself.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 8:02 PM

If you start FFing your old posts, then worry...

... and don't EVER block yourself, it's very difficult to come back from that. Ask me how I know ;-)

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 8:05 PM

Yeah, I’ve had this happen when someone brings an older thread back to life. I’ll be reading and suddenly think, wait...did *I* write this????

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 8:05 PM

[quote] ... and don't EVER block yourself, it's very difficult to come back from that. Ask me how I know ;-)

I have always wondered about people who block themselves, was it just a case of clicking on the wrong icon, or did you read some post, think "what an asshole" and block them and it turns out the asshole was you?

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 8:28 PM

It's cancer dear.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 8:30 PM

@r14, In my case it was an accident, I've never actually blocked anyone, but it took some maneuvering through my history to unblock myself

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 8:38 PM

[quote] In my case it was an accident, I've never actually blocked anyone, but it took some maneuvering through my history to unblock myself.

For future reference, it should be quite easy to unblock if you never block anyone, just click on the green blocked icon above and it will list the blocks you have done, and if you don't block anyone then you should be the only one listed.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2020 8:47 PM

There's almost never a good reason to forego bourbon.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 8:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!