Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I lost another patient to COVID-19.

I zipped up the body bag on another person who was completely healthy a couple of weeks ago, and who died of COVID-19, a disease that can't be cured but only prevented. It was a horrible way to die, all the more horrible because while this disease can't be cured, it CAN be prevented, if only people are willing to take a bit of trouble to protect their community, just a little effort can save some poor innocent schmuck from dying needlessly, and for the last few months - every single fucking death has been preventable.

AND ANY POLITICIAN OR "LEADER" THAT TELLS PEOPLE THAT THE VIRUS IS NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF AND THEY DON'T NEED TO WASH THEIR HANDS AND SOCIALLY DISTANCE IS A BONE-EVIL PSYCHOPATH, ONE WHO IS TRYING TO GET OUT OF HIS DEAL WITH SATAN BY CONVINCING THE GULLIBLE TO INFECT EACH OTHER, BECAUSE IF ENOUGH OF THEM GO SCREAMING DOWN TO HELL THEN MAYBE SATAN WILL LET HIM WIGGLE OUT OF THE DEAL THEY MADE!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN AND ANTI-MASKER DESERVES TO DIE LIKE MY PATIENT DID, BUT IT WASN'T TRUMP THAT DIED, IT WAS SOME POOR WORKING STIFF.

by Anonymousreply 169October 22, 2020 11:28 PM

It should be legal to shoot people for not wearing masks everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 3:54 PM

What didn't he do to prevent the infection, Nurse OP?

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 3:57 PM

Old age is not preventable. None of the criticism s of trump are valid. Trump was first leader to tell people that homemade masks were effective. You don't need the n95 mask. Gay or straight, we need Trump to reign in China and keep the economy healthy. We cant shut the economy down because that bankrupt s millions of people. We need to secure the Mexican border and stop blm/antifa from burning down our cities.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 4:02 PM

It's puzzling that people don't wear masks. Please, show your support by wearing a Trump mask. Yep wants you to wear a mask. Don't listen to leftist media

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 4:04 PM

R2, it's what other people didn't do. Every person who refuses to wear a mask, socially distance, and wash their fucking hands is guilty of encouraging the virus to spread, and is either directly or indirectly responsible for the still-mounting deaths.

THERE IS NO CURE, THERE IS ONLY PREVENTION. And at this point in the pandemic, every single fucking death from the virus was preventable.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 4:05 PM

I am a physician in NYC.....it has NOT gone away here either.

Where are you located, OP?

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 4:11 PM

It's sad that not everyone is wearing a mask or avoiding travel etc. The liberal media is too busy attacking Trump to get the message out. Trump supporters must start educating blacks etc that masks must be worn.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 4:12 PM

Nobody dies from COVID anymore.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 4:12 PM

R5 The mask only protects you from large droplets. To say that wearing a mask prevents every single death is not true. The mask is to mitigate the spread of the virus, not eliminate it. Only a vaccine would prevent it, and that's only if if everyone takes it.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 4:13 PM

But if he wore a mask himself, didn't it help prevent the virus from latching onto him, Nurse OP? So you are saying both parties must wear face masks for full protection, right?

Now I don't even shake hands, bump fists, or talk to others while eating. I clean my hands and stuff with alcohol spray whenever I get into my car and my house. And Then wash my hands again with soap at home. Clean my shoes with alcohol spray when I get home. And I think that's enough for me. I think it works as I have not gotten sick from whatever diseases this year so far.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 4:13 PM

The mask is more effective in protective others from you, not so much protecting you from others.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 4:14 PM

[quote] It's sad that not everyone is wearing a mask or avoiding travel etc. The liberal media is too busy attacking Trump to get the message out. Trump supporters must start educating blacks etc that masks must be worn.

Fuck you, you racist piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 4:15 PM

R12 are you denying that blm and Mexicans are still partying and not wearing masks? How far do u want to take this pc crap!

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 4:19 PM

R9 and R10, we don't wear masks to keep the virus from getting IN, we wear masks to keep the virus from getting OUT. Surgeons don't wear masks while they operate because they're afraid the patient will cough on them, they wear them to keep their own respiratory particles from infecting the patient!

Masks are much more effective at blocking respiratory particles from getting out, but in order for masks to prevent hte spread of the virus, everyone has to wear them. So that when someone is infected, and they go two weeks feeling fine and spread viruses the whole time, what viruses do get out are blocked by other people's masks, fail to real others because they're socially distancing, and killed when everyone cleans their hands.

Unfortunately, for this system to work everyone has to participate, and FUCKING IDIOTS LIKE R9 AND R10 HAVE HAVE SURROUNDED BY A FUCKING PANDEMIC FOR SIX MONTHS NOW AND THE *STILL* DON'T UNDERSTAND BASIC PREVENTION!!!! BECAUSE THEY'RE A COUPLE OF GODDAMN FUCKING IDIOTS, THAT'S WHY, BECAUSE ANYONE WHO DOENS'T TAKE SIMPLE STEPS TO SAVE THEIR OWN LIFE OR OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES IS TOO GODDAMN STUPID TO LIVE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 4:19 PM

Nurses don’t have patients OP. Doctors do. Once again, a nurse goes to make hisself more important than his role. But I’ve just fixed that for you now, haven’t I?

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 4:20 PM

But why has nobody from the White House superspreader event died?

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 4:21 PM

[quote] Nurses don’t have patients OP. Doctors do. Once again, a nurse goes to make hisself more important than his role. But I’ve just fixed that for you now, haven’t I?

Jesus Christ, what an apt name you have taken for yourself, you fucking, gaping cunt.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2020 4:22 PM

R15, I am a physician and YES, they do. They refer to patients as their patients as we do.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 4:23 PM

This thread is a dumpster fire of idiocy. I'm sorry, OP.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote]a nurse goes to make hisself more important than his role. But I’ve just fixed that for you now, haven’t I?

A valiant effort, R15.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2020 4:26 PM

I wear a mask to protect myself not others. I wear an n95 mask and avoid confined spaces like the plague. People spit when they talk so masks help. We as Trump supporters must spread the word to nonwhite communities.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2020 4:27 PM

This thread is a gift to trolls.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2020 4:28 PM

Im in the midst of a battle royal with my idiot family for wanting to have a get together for mothers birthday . Mind you , these are the same people who have never before wanted anything like this. These are also the same people who think covid is "overblown" and are trump supporters . They also refuse to wear masks or follow any social distancing .Since mother lives with me Im caught smack in the middle . Ive flat out refused to participate ,but my elderly mother is putting heavy pressure on me to comply. It took me forever to get her to take it seriously . Any advice ?

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2020 4:28 PM

The doctor lost the patient. Not the nurse in bunny scrubs.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2020 4:30 PM

Why do you have to lash out at me, Nurse OP? I just don't live among the pandemic as in my country only 3000 have been infected and 60 people have died from COVID. Masks are not compulsory in open spaces here. Sorry for the deaths in your hand, but calling other people idiots doesn't make you a better or smarter person.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2020 4:31 PM

What exactly is the point of your life R24 / thundercat?

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2020 4:32 PM

What kind of nurse wishes death on the president. Trump wears a mask when social distancing is not possible. Trump's primary mission is to save the economy not save 85 yr olds who are already on their death beds. Trump is obese and 74 and survived covid. There is a lesson there.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2020 4:32 PM

We are ruining the economy for an entire generation because of a few hundred cases per hundred thousand.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2020 4:34 PM

R24 bunny scrubs? Is that the right amount of respect to show for two year college graduate? They have to operate thermometer !

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2020 4:35 PM

The nurse is a real bitch, no wonder her patients chose to die to get away from her.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2020 4:36 PM

The messaging has been atrocious. Trump pretty much deferred to the CDC and Fauci. At first, they told us that masks were ineffective (not that hospital workers had limited supply as is being said now). They said they were infeffective. They were wrong, of course, but it's one of the reasons why many Americans don't trust them. Then they said our goal was to flatten the curve. We did so, lockdowns continued. So caught in another lie. Then they said we should avoid gatherings of 50 people or more. Now it's Cancel Thanksgiving. Then we're told that lockdowns should continue until the development of the vaccine. Now we're told that masks are more effective than a potential vaccine purely because Trump wanted to speed up development of a vaccine. The whole messaging has been a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote] Any advice ?

Yes.

Learn the proper spacing for punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote] We are ruining the economy for an entire generation because of a few hundred cases per hundred thousand.

I really hope you die of Covid alone and unloved.

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2020 4:37 PM

R28 most would have succumbed to the flu. Trump proved that even old people survive covid. Trump didn't even take time off. Blm riots spread covid all over.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2020 4:38 PM

Remember that nurse in Brooklyn who was posting videos in the worst of it, saying "they are kill black folks here." She was a real drama queen but I also believed most of her reports.

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2020 4:38 PM

R7 was some serious trolling. Most others on this thread are on Ignore anyway.

Good luck OP.

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2020 4:38 PM

[quote] The whole messaging has been a shitshow.

I sorry you are too stupid to understand how science works or what reality is.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2020 4:39 PM

R31 They also lied about the origin of the virus. Cuomo even referred to it as "The European Virus". If you play politics with this virus, then you have blood on your own hands.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2020 4:42 PM

R23, make them stay outside on the sidewalk. She can stay on the porch 10 feet away and they can talk at a relatively safe distance and then they can go home and you can both take Silkwood showers. Do not let those people into your house to infect and kill both you and your mother and absolutely do not go out with them. Your family is idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2020 4:42 PM

Oh, dear R3. It’s “rein” in, not “reign.” Think of reins on a horse.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote] If you play politics with this virus, then you have blood on your own hands.

Classic Trumpian projection. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2020 4:43 PM

Op sounds like a jinxed nurse. Who dies of covid.

by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2020 4:44 PM

R40 u prolly thought it was spelled rain and went and checked

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2020 4:47 PM

Trump is a psychopath who is now promoting genocide (herd immunity) in order to keep the economy fully open and to remain 'on brand' as an antimasker. Millions will die, hopefully including every Trump troll in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2020 4:49 PM

R23 tell then to host the vent elsewhere. And then to test negative 2 times before Mom comes back to live with you.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2020 4:49 PM

[quote] Trump is a psychopath who is now promoting genocide (herd immunity) in order to keep the economy fully open and to remain 'on brand' as an antimasker. Millions will die, hopefully including every Trump troll in this thread.

If only Trump supporters die, then that should make you happy, judging by the hate in your post.

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2020 4:52 PM

R44 who cares how he brands himself. He is a smart guy. All politician s lie. People can't handle reality.

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2020 4:53 PM

This thread has been a magnet for Boris and Natasha, as well as plain old morons who support Trump. Sorry, OP.

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote] I lost another patient to COVID-19.

Did you look under the bed? In the bathroom?

Sometimes those ICU patients can be pretty sneaky.

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2020 4:55 PM

[quote] If only Trump supporters die, then that should make you happy, judging by the hate in your post.

Oh, right. Being hateful against other people is supposed to be reserved for Trumpians.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2020 4:55 PM

Everyone, gay or straight, please vote for trump. Don't let covid destroy our economy.

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2020 4:59 PM

Yes, everyone. Vote for the man who destroyed the economy. You're not too bright, are you, R51?

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2020 5:02 PM

Your relatives can host the event in their backyard. Social distance and wear a mask. Mom has to quarantine with them for 14 days. Let’s see if they would want her to live with them for that long. She can only come back to live with you once she tests negative for covid. Good luck OP.

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2020 5:08 PM

Amazing that some nurse can come on here to make himself seem so important and a bunch of idiots can come on here and blame it on the president. Blame a virus on one man.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2020 5:09 PM

[quote] Classic Trumpian projection. Bravo.

Democrats claim Trump called virus a hoax. False. When Trump shut down travel from China, they lied about the origin of the virus. When Trump shut down travel from Europe to mitigate the spread, they claimed that it would not be effective, even though they would later claim the virus came from Europe. When Hydroxychloroquine showed to be effective in the deadliest months of the pandemic, they pointed to studies from those who took it on their death beds instead of during the early stages and claimed that a prescribed medicine that's been taken for decades was dangerous. When Trump brought in the private sector to fast track the development of a vaccine, his opposition claimed he had a financial stake in the outcome even though several vaccines are now in stage 3 clinical trials, a record for a novel virus. They blame Trump for more than half of Americans polled saying they wouldn't trust a vaccine, even though Kamala Harris had publicly denounced any potential vaccine developed under the Trump administration weeks before. When even Fauci admitted that Trump's treatment likely helped him recover from Covid, they turned on Fauci. Democrats have been playing politics all along.

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2020 5:10 PM

Amazing how many posts disappear once you block an obvious troll post!

Trump is such a selfish motherfucker that he did not care that he gave covid-19 to secret service agent, White House employees, his wife and his son. It's very likely that he was *trying* to give it to Biden during their debate.

He's a selfish git and if you're supporting him you're either mentally ill, a masochist or an employee of Putin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2020 5:11 PM

Go suck Trump's filthy dirty asshole, R55.

He hasn't wiped for the last four dumps, so it's nice and caked up for you to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote]it CAN be prevented, if only people are willing to take a bit of trouble to [bold]protect their community[/bold]

That's the problem. Collectively, Americans are the most selfish people on the planet. Terminal stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote] We are ruining the economy for an entire generation because of a few hundred cases per hundred thousand

R24, Ignorance knows no bounds. If you had bothered to do some quick, basic research, you would've found that your statement is bullshit. Firstly, the number of cases in the US varies anywhere from roughly 1,000+ to almost 4,000 per 100,000, depending on the state. Currently, only 3 states and DC have around 500 cases per 100,000. Also, the stats don't include people who are mildly symptomatic and don't or can't get tested for the virus.

The burden that this pandemic is putting on our healthcare system and society is immeasurable, but, for someone like you, money is far more valuable, and humanity is nothing more than a sea of infinitesimal and expendable cogs.

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2020 5:31 PM

^^ Comment meant for R28

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2020 5:33 PM

Interesting to note that several previously blocked posters, as well as many new ones here, also have made frequent racist and antisemitic remarks. Only the best people, just like all the crooks and dolts Trump hires.

OP, I'm sorry for your sadness, and frustration watching patients die. I'm also sorry for the Trumpster fire your thread turned out to be. Gain some solace in the fact that your thread has been invaluable enabling us to suss out some real winners here.

Thank you for your bravery and dedication on the front lines. Take care of yourself!

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2020 6:28 PM

[quote] I am a physician in NYC.....it has NOT gone away here either.

I was in the city Wed & Thurs after not being there for months. You know what I noticed? No house sparrows or pigeons on the streets. I walked past trees & there weren’t any crumbs under them. Usually, people on the street are slobs & throw their uneaten rolls or muffins under a tree & you see sparrows & pigeons pecking at the crumbs. But there are so few people on the street & nobody is eating when they walk down the street - everybody has a mask on.

There must have been a mass die off of birds from lockdown starvation.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2020 7:10 PM

People can still be arrested for having HIV and not mentioning it to a sex partner--even if you're on medicines which make it virtually impossible to transmit.

But no one's getting arrested for ignoring covid mask and distancing rules that are killing people

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2020 7:15 PM

[quote]That's the problem. Collectively, Americans are the most selfish people on the planet. Terminal stupidity.

I think what's currently happening in Europe proves that terminal stupidity cuts across international boundaries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2020 7:15 PM

R55 = LGBT community member Eric Trump

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2020 7:16 PM

The only positive result of all this, even as the Right continues to lie, cheat and demean our country and its constitution in the pursuit of unreality, cultism, racism and profit into the rest of our lives, will be that Donald Trump will be forever relegated to the bottom of history. He'll be counted lower than Benedict Arnold, Aaron Burr, Jefferson Davis, Booth and Sirhan and Oswald and James Earl Ray.

But will America avoid something comparable, even in four years?

Perhaps not.

by Anonymousreply 66October 16, 2020 7:21 PM

R55 needs an injection for what ails her.

But unfortunately there is no cure for "fascist troll."

Except the Fall of its personal Berlin.

by Anonymousreply 67October 16, 2020 7:23 PM

Yeah, this thread gave me the chance to "Ignore" a lot of posters. I don't know what they think about any other topic if at heart they think Trump, herd immunity and economy over humanity is the right way to go.

"No man is an island, entire unto himself....each man's death diminishes me.....ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." Donne

by Anonymousreply 68October 16, 2020 7:53 PM

/// I meant, "I don't care what they think"

by Anonymousreply 69October 16, 2020 7:54 PM

R62 I don't know where in NYC you are, but in my part of the city, there are still a shit ton of pigeons shitting up a storm everywhere. Second most annoying birds in the city. Only Canadian Geese are worse.

by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2020 8:08 PM

R4, R7, R13, R21, R27, R29, R34, R42, R43, R47, and R51 are all the same maga-racist dimwit. Trollskies are busy bees!

by Anonymousreply 71October 16, 2020 8:19 PM

I have to respectfully ask, because I’ve never considered it before—do nurses normally zip the bags? Honest question here. I figured bodies would be taken to a morgue or funeral home, but not sure what procedure is followed.

by Anonymousreply 72October 16, 2020 8:37 PM

Why hasn’t OP landed a doctor yet?

That’s why people become nurses.

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2020 9:22 PM

R2 is a victim blaming cunt.

by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2020 9:24 PM

Look at how this thread brought the trolls out in DROVES.

You can practically smell their fear.

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2020 9:30 PM

Nice work R71, you caught a live one. I have that idiot already blocked. I miss troller when you could see all the posts from the same troll light up, but blocking is effective, too.

by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2020 9:34 PM

*trolldar

by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2020 9:35 PM

Right. Like a nurse zips a body bag! How dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2020 10:09 PM

r78 OP's post was written to be dramatic and instill fear... and of course to reinforce the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2020 10:24 PM

I think they focus on the death part too much. What they should be expounding on are the after affects of the virus that you can get. I had the virus in July. I still have my internal clock all messed up. I think that I have done something days earlier until I really concentrate on it and realize that it I had just done it earlier in the day. My taste buds come and go. Sometimes all I have to do is walk from one room to another and then I have to sit and rest. I wake up with my heart racing. I feel like a different person. I think of things in terms of before the virus and after the virus. I get tired so easily. I can no longer do what I did before the virus.

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2020 10:39 PM

R80 Hope you get your strength back and recover. I hope you're taking Vitamins B, C, & D, and supplement some Zinc as well.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2020 10:43 PM

all I'm taking is Vitamin D. I forgot to add that I never went anywhere without a mask and I rarely went out.

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2020 10:46 PM

Are nurses zipping up body bags before doctor or coroner has a look? That s scary.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2020 10:52 PM

Lots of misinformation in this thread. I recommend Dr Fauci's advice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2020 10:53 PM

R80 are you unemployed? Unemployment will mess you up good. You got the flu and it's overs so stop being a twat.

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2020 10:53 PM

r85 I'm 71. I don't work outside my home. I occasionally sell on ebay and sell some items in an antique store.

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2020 10:56 PM

Only fucking morons stick with an idea after it has been proven false, r84.

Or should I just call you Mr. Fucking Moron.

by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2020 10:57 PM

Trump pretty much destroyed the misconception that covid is worse than the flu through the science of his own experience with covid. If covid can't kill an obese 74 yr old it can't kill anyone.

by Anonymousreply 88October 16, 2020 11:01 PM

I have to say it's quite frightening how quickly most people accepted this as the new normal. Globalization has brought in rapid change within the last several decades. For a few months after September 11th, things went back to normal. 2008 financial collapse was a tragedy for many families, not so much for those in power. People were angry and they had every right to be.

Now, it doesn't seem like anyone cares because they are online 24 hours a day. They don't have to think about not having sex (in person) for years, or not being able to visit their elderly relatives, or do any of the shit that people as young as 30 took for granted. It's a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 89October 16, 2020 11:01 PM

Because Trump got exactly the same treatment everyone else gets. Right, r88?

Oh...wait...

by Anonymousreply 90October 16, 2020 11:02 PM

R90 You thought he'd be dead by now and you still don't trust any of the treatments he received so what does it matter to you?

by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2020 11:04 PM

Yes the potus had no special treatment at all, I knew the loser rethugs would use that fat fuck survival as propaganda as to why the "China virus" is a ploy the dems are using blah blah blah. Fuck you deplorable shit stains.

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2020 11:07 PM

[quote]I have to respectfully ask, because I’ve never considered it before—do nurses normally zip the bags? Honest question here. I figured bodies would be taken to a morgue or funeral home, but not sure what procedure is followed.

Yes, the nurses do postmortem care which includes packaging the body before it’s taken down to the morgue.

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2020 11:07 PM

R90, are you suggesting there are special miracle cures that are only given to the president? Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 94October 16, 2020 11:28 PM

[quote] You thought he'd be dead by now and you still don't trust any of the treatments he received so what does it matter to you?

So you just make up shit.

[quote] are you suggesting there are special miracle cures that are only given to the president? Grow up!

Documented fact that Trump received treatment not available to everyone else. Please join us in reality.

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2020 11:31 PM

I hope she found him later.

by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2020 11:54 PM

R95 all his medications and treatments were made public. Fauci said that the treatments helped. However these advancements were met with scorn by people whose hatred of trump outweighs their desire for effective treatments and /or a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 97October 17, 2020 12:04 AM

[quote]hatred of trump

And Trump deserves every bit of hatred he gets. While you’re out there defending the clown’s reality show people are suffering because of his inability to level with the public about how serious COVID is.

by Anonymousreply 98October 17, 2020 12:09 AM

[quote] all his medications and treatments were made public.

Are you really that stupid?

Trump

Received

Treatments

Not

Available

To

Other

People

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2020 12:12 AM

if nurses don't have patients then the next time you go the ER or the hospital or a doctor's office, you can tell them this and then say you refuse care. That way, for you at least, nurses won't have shitty patients. This is official, you can really do this. Why don't you?

by Anonymousreply 100October 17, 2020 12:17 AM

r81 can you tell me how much of the B,C and zinc I should consider taking?

by Anonymousreply 101October 17, 2020 12:26 AM

Fuck you R7.

It's sad that not everyone is wearing a mask or avoiding travel etc. The liberal media is too busy attacking Trump to get the message out. Trump supporters must start educating blacks etc that masks must be worn.

Trump supporters don't give a fuck about black people and they certainly don't give a fuck about wearing masks themselves. When the fuck would they ever want to :educate" someone else when they revel in their own lack of "education"? FUCK YOU.

by Anonymousreply 102October 17, 2020 12:28 AM

Trump's job is not to cause panic and economic depression. Covid is serious for people already on their death bed.

by Anonymousreply 103October 17, 2020 12:50 AM

[quote]Trump's job is not to cause panic and economic depression.

He's been a spectacular failure at preventing either one.

by Anonymousreply 104October 17, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote] Covid is serious for people already on their death bed.

And everyone else, you dumb piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 105October 17, 2020 12:55 AM

R105 covid is a bit worse than the flu. Trump is not going to shut down the economy for the flu. Trump survived covid and scientifically proved covid is not a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 106October 17, 2020 1:00 AM

Some of the most moralistic tv pundists (Anderson Cooper, Cuomo, Sanjay Gupta) were worse than Trump in downplaying the virus in the early months. The about face came so quick that they just hoped no one would notice. And apparently they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 107October 17, 2020 1:03 AM

Concern trolling.

by Anonymousreply 108October 17, 2020 1:04 AM

I find it fascinating that divisive racial issues became the driving force of news coverage the entire summer and not the fact that their lives will be irrevocably altered. For older folks, that's not as big a deal, but for young people, their lives are effectively over.

by Anonymousreply 109October 17, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote]R109 I find it fascinating that divisive racial issues became the driving force of news coverage the entire summer and not the fact that their lives will be irrevocably altered.

So, racial issues don’t irrevocably alter lives?

Let me guess... you’re white.

by Anonymousreply 110October 17, 2020 2:18 AM

R110 Does it matter? The point is that life will never return to normal and Covid has hastened economic inequality among rich and poor. You would think this would be triggering to most people who are still in school who have nothing to look forward to. However, instead, the media narrative has been in dividing people at a time when people should unite. What's the point of fixing systemic issues when there is no life to return to and no economic prospects.

by Anonymousreply 111October 17, 2020 2:25 AM

good golly miss molly!

What we’re going through with covid is called a rough patch. Pull yourself together, r111!

by Anonymousreply 112October 17, 2020 2:47 AM

I can't even with the covidiot trolls right now. Our sled is starting to drop into the third tier of hell and the trolls are whining that it's not going fast rough.

Genuinely curious how many of them are posting from troll farms, and if so from where. (GOP were just caught using 15 year Americans in a troll farm setup.)

by Anonymousreply 113October 17, 2020 3:21 AM

Sorry to hear, OP. You’re an angel for these people, I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 114October 17, 2020 4:04 AM

R87 I thought R84 was being sarcastic in posting the 60 Minutes video of Fauci telling Americans that wearing masks was for people who already had Covid, not for people who were avoiding catching it.

The early messaging (lie) regarding masks was designed to prevent the public from hoarding masks and worsening the shortage of masks for medical professionals. Fauci's narrative that people's "fiddling" with their masks would contribute to the spread, along with the assertion that common people wouldn't know how to properly fit their masks was designed to keep medical professionals from experiencing a mask shortage. It was dishonest messaging, not based in science, and was parroted by media talking heads.

These lies are indicative of the agenda-driven messaging. They confused the public and decreased the trust in those who are supposed to lead. Once masks were available in large quantities, the narrative changed to "everyone benefits from wearing a mask". It wasn't because the science changed.

Anti-maskers, including Trump, still cling to these old lies and feel justified in doing so. If R84's post wasn't sarcastic, I take back the WW I gave them.

by Anonymousreply 115October 17, 2020 5:35 AM

R115 trumps position is that masks do work but that they shouldn’t be mandated. Has a national mask mandate worked anywhere else in the world?

If they were honest in the beginning, they should’ve advocated for stricter lockdowns until more masks were available. Their lies turned off the American people. What’s worse is that officials continue to lie about the purpose of these lockdowns as well as chinas role.

by Anonymousreply 116October 17, 2020 6:36 AM

[quote] However these advancements were met with scorn by people whose hatred of trump outweighs their desire for effective treatments and /or a vaccine.

No.

It was met with scorn by people who know they don’t have access to these so-called “miracle” drugs.

by Anonymousreply 117October 17, 2020 11:31 AM

[quote] Some of the most moralistic tv pundists (Anderson Cooper, Cuomo, Sanjay Gupta) were worse than Trump in downplaying the virus in the early months.

Did any of them know what he knew or were they following the lies that were coming out of the White House?

If you saw your personal physician and he diagnosed you with a new disease and says. “Oh, it’s nothing to worry about. It’s like a bad flu,” you’d go home and tell your family “it’s nothing to worry about. The doc even said so” because that’s the information you were relying on.

by Anonymousreply 118October 17, 2020 11:34 AM

Is OP lesbian nurse who enjoyed being the go to health expert on multiple corona threads?

Missing the limelight so you thought you'd start a thread?

by Anonymousreply 119October 17, 2020 12:18 PM

[quote] If only Trump supporters die, then that should make you happy, judging by the hate in your post.

Oh honey, the VAST MAJORITY of the people in this country would be fucking thrilled if you Trumpies died en masse in the most horrible way possible.

by Anonymousreply 120October 17, 2020 12:56 PM

"If only Trump supporters die, then that should make you happy, judging by the hate in your post."

The jack ass who unabashedly posted this drivel obviously hasn't been reading the newspaper or internets lately.

It's hate filed right wingers who were plotting to kidnap the governors of Michigan and Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 121October 17, 2020 1:36 PM

Two things i know, first is this is all laid upon the leadership of this country namely Trump. 218,000 deaths can be neatly laid and wrapped in a bow on his record and doorstep. Second the deplorable politicians are responsible too.

It's why I don't even listen to them. I wear a mask in public, wash my hands frequently to the point where my skin is dry. Even social distance. But it's just almost exhausting listening to the politicians even though many of them are now infected. My fondest wish for the President was that he suffer a painful and screaming death from COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 122October 17, 2020 1:50 PM

R116: regarding China’s role:

I personally believe that the virus arose spontaneously in China. It was not man made. China took extreme and unprecedented measures to contain it. They shutdown the originating city, then province, then country, with hard, forced lockdowns. But the virus got away from them because it is so insidious. The same thing happened in the US, not that Trump had a strong response, but that the virus got away from US efforts to contain it.

I don’t understand how Trump can blame China when his own administration had more time to prepare for this than the Chinese did, and yet Trump did almost nothing, and the disease got away from him, too.

by Anonymousreply 123October 18, 2020 12:38 AM

R123 The virus is impossible to contain yet I do believe the US efforts did help mitigate the spread. I don't think Chinese lockdowns would've worked in the US. How successful those were we'll never know, just as we'll never know how many people died over there. However, what we do know is that China lied, were involved in a coverup, and deliberately targeted those who tried to sound the alarm about the virus.

Trump recommended quarantining new arrivals, but this should have been more strictly enforced. Israel had forced quarantines, and the virus still got away to some extent, but being such a densely populated country (as is many parts of the US) definitely puts a country at a disadvantage. I do believe that if Trump hadn't taken the steps he did, the outbreak would have been worse.

by Anonymousreply 124October 18, 2020 12:53 AM

I speculate that Fauci and others are being as straight as they think they can be without getting fired. And not because the want or need the money or the power that comes with their job, but because they think they are more helpful to the public if they stay within the administration. One can only imagine the ignorant psychopaths that Trump might put in their place?

I don’t think we’ll ever get honest, reliable info from Trump or his administration, but we might hear the truth from a Biden Administration.

I find myself contrasting Trump’s idiotic idea that he should downplay the virus to avoid a panic, with the speeches that Churchill made at the beginning of his term as Prime Minister during WWII. He was absolutely straight about the seriousness of the situation, and promised only “blood, sweat, toil, and tears”. The British followed him and took his advice to “brace ourselves to our duty”.

I’m hoping that at Biden’s inauguration, he sets a tone like this.

“...let us bare ourselves, that if British Empire and it’s commonwealth, should last for 1000 years, men will still say [italic] this, [/italic] was our finest hour.”

A good leader can tell the truth, to inspire people to have resolve, and not panic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 18, 2020 1:18 AM

I just hope Biden uses the correct its.

by Anonymousreply 126October 18, 2020 1:25 AM

R125 Britain never recovered from ww2. If Trump was leading Britain, he would have stayed out of the war. Hitler was right to attack stalin. Hitler had no interest in fighting Britain. Trump avoided war during his four years of brilliant leadership

by Anonymousreply 127October 18, 2020 1:26 AM

The op is murdering his patients to make Trump look bad.

by Anonymousreply 128October 18, 2020 1:31 AM

Yes, OP. You are an nurse I get it. Tell us more about yourself. Where do you work?

by Anonymousreply 129October 18, 2020 1:32 AM

My partner’s brother has been going to parties and thinks that he has immunity because he was sick with ‘something’ in March. He says that even if he gets reinfected, that it will be less severe the second time and will be less contagious. Is there any scientific evidence for this? He swears that his friends Dr told him this. I don’t believe it.

by Anonymousreply 130October 18, 2020 1:34 AM

Your brother better be wearing his mask because the people on this thread will murder him.

by Anonymousreply 131October 18, 2020 1:40 AM

R123 is on payroll at the Chinese Embassy.

by Anonymousreply 132October 18, 2020 1:42 AM

[quote]He says that even if he gets reinfected, that it will be less severe the second time and will be less contagious. Is there any scientific evidence for this?

Somebody in Portland died after their 2nd infection, so, really doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 133October 18, 2020 1:46 AM

[quote] I do believe that if Trump hadn't taken the steps he did, the outbreak would have been worse

What, exactly, were the steps Trump took that actually mitigated the spread of the disease? Can you cite any of them? His initial policy of isolating new arrivals in the country was ad hoc and virtually useless, given the extremely contagious nature of SARS-CoV-2. It's quite obvious that the individual states were left to "fend for themselves", which is, in fact, exactly what Trump told a journalist during a WH presser back in early April. And, lockdowns, mask mandates, and stay-at-home orders, etc., were all directed and issued at the state level, not federal. All I can recall the president ever doing is perpetually trying to downplay the magnitude of the pandemic and fueling public resistance to quarantines and mask-wearing.

R124, Your attempt to paint Trump in a better light is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 134October 18, 2020 1:57 AM

[quote] r132: [R123] is on payroll at the Chinese Embassy

R132, I’m not, but does it pay well?

by Anonymousreply 135October 18, 2020 2:07 AM

The media can portray anyone in any light they want. The media paints Trump as corrupt and incompetent. I think that Trump is brilliant. Absolutely no stupid mistakes. No wars or terrorism. Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 136October 18, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote] R127: Britain never recovered from ww2. If Trump was leading Britain, he would have stayed out of the war. Hitler was right to attack stalin. Hitler had no interest in fighting Britain. Trump avoided war during his four years of brilliant leadership

I disagree about British recovery. Britain certainly changed, especially with decolonization. But their pound up is one of the worlds most respected currencies. (Euro, Pound, Dollar, Swiss Franc, Yen).

Britain watched Germany occupy Austria, and Czechoslovakia, and finally attack Poland. The Great European powers has been trying for a couple hundred years to keep a balance of power in Europe, so that no one country grew strong enough to challenge the others. Britain was pledged by treaty to defend Poland, and they wanted to keep Germany contained. Plus, they knew the NAZIs were monsters and needed to go. WWII was unambiguously a “just war”m unlike most wars.

As for Trump , I suppose he isn’t as bad as he could be, but that’s faint praise.

by Anonymousreply 137October 18, 2020 2:23 AM

[quote] R130: My partner’s brother has been going to parties and thinks that he has immunity because he was sick with ‘something’ in March. He says that even if he gets reinfected, that it will be less severe the second time and will be less contagious. Is there any scientific evidence for this? He swears that his friends Dr told him this. I don’t believe it.

Your partner’s brother is wrong. They aren’t sure, but either you can get infected twice; or there are two strains that don’t produce antibodies that work for both. Also, the second infection is usually worse than the first. I think he could get a free COVID antibody text now to find out if he had COVID or something else. Now, r130, this guy is reckless and you ought to distance yourself from him for a while.

by Anonymousreply 138October 18, 2020 2:29 AM

[quote]If only Trump supporters die, then that should make you happy, judging by the hate in your post.

If Herr Trump kicked the bucket it would make 99% of the world's current population happy at this point, you idiot. He's one of the most despised people alive.

by Anonymousreply 139October 18, 2020 2:36 AM

R137 the Nazis were bad news for bad people. If you were a patriotic German with healthy interest in opposite sex you were fine. The Nazis were classic patriotic brave people trying to expand and grow.

by Anonymousreply 140October 18, 2020 2:44 AM

[quote]The media can portray anyone in any light they want. The media paints Trump as corrupt and incompetent.

Trump portrays himself as corrupt and incompetent every time he opens his idiotic mouth or sends out one of his crap tweets, most of which would make a monkey look intelligent.

[quote]I think that Trump is brilliant. Absolutely no stupid mistakes. No wars or terrorism. Perfection.

HIs entire tenure has been one stupid mistake after another. Michael Flynn; separation and caging of immigrant children; his failed wall "experiment"; his declared love of Kim Jung Un and journalist-killer MBS; disaster handling of Hurricane Maria in PR and COVID, just to start. No terrorism? Are you high - domestic incidents are at an all-time high. Charlottesville. The rise of terrorist militias and antifa - if you even believe the latter group exists - happened under his watch.

by Anonymousreply 141October 18, 2020 2:47 AM

Ok, R140, that’s enough from you,

by Anonymousreply 142October 18, 2020 3:15 AM

Trump finally identified antifa as a terrorist organization. Militias are for our safety and security. The opposite of terrorism. He didn't cage anyone. Mexican children are terrorists. You want sodomy legalized. That's the only issue to you. That's treason.

by Anonymousreply 143October 18, 2020 4:50 AM

It's always a treat to have straight interlopers visiting Datalounge. Especially when they're pro-Nazi. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 144October 18, 2020 4:56 AM

^^ Give it up, Boris. Your trolling efforts have become pathetic and laughable. ^^

by Anonymousreply 145October 18, 2020 4:56 AM

My remark at R145 was for the now-vanished R143.

by Anonymousreply 146October 18, 2020 4:59 AM

[quote] I zipped up the body bag on another person... every single fucking death has been preventable.

Does anyone actually believe this bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 147October 18, 2020 5:00 AM

R144 Nazism is more consistent with nature than any other movement. You can only defy the laws of nature for so long. Most of the top Nazis were gay.

by Anonymousreply 148October 18, 2020 5:40 AM

"Most of the top Nazis were gay."

"If you were a patriotic German with healthy interest in opposite sex you were fine."

Seems rather contradictory, no?

Also, does this mean you're in favor of 'perfect' Trump taking on Nazi-like policies? You can be honest....

by Anonymousreply 149October 18, 2020 5:46 AM

[quote] It's quite obvious that the individual states were left to "fend for themselves", which is, in fact, exactly what Trump told a journalist during a WH presser back in early April. And, lockdowns, mask mandates, and stay-at-home orders, etc., were all directed and issued at the state level, not federal.

There is quite a bit of rewriting history where "blue" states wanted strict lockdowns and "red" states wanted everything open. That wasn't at all how things played out in the beginning. Both liberal and conservative governors were defiant. California, for example, has sued the Trump administration for withholding funding on federal mandates all the time. Had Trump issued a federal order, it would have played out the same way. While it's not surprising that state and local leaders fail to take responsibility, the information coming from the WHO and CDC was misleading, leading to a lot of bad decisions.

by Anonymousreply 150October 18, 2020 6:23 AM

OP: my heart goes out to you. I can’t finish reading this thread. THESE FUCKING MORONS WHO ATR EQUIVOCATING ABOUT WHAT A MASK DOES AND DOESNT DO, and searching for idiotic exceptions ::

It’s really simple guys: WEAR THE FUCKING MASK, WASH HANDS AND SOCIALLY DISTANCE. Period. Thread closed

by Anonymousreply 151October 18, 2020 6:30 AM

[quote] California, for example, has sued the Trump administration for withholding funding on federal mandates all the time.

That should read, due to federal mandates.

Trump was in a lose/lose situation regarding federal mandates. Although a federal mandate could have slowed the spread, the virus would have simply reemerged after easing of the lockdowns. However, it would have cost him politically. As of now, lockdowns remain unpopular among people of all political affiliations. We largely succeeded in flattening the curve within a few months and the mortality rate continues to plummet.

by Anonymousreply 152October 18, 2020 6:39 AM

What are you bitches still arguing about? I haven't posted for two days!

Anyway, any questions? Or, ANY QUIESTIONS, MOTHERFUCKERS?

by Anonymousreply 153October 18, 2020 3:03 PM

As someone who's watched somebody pass away in a hospital I can confirm, yes, the nurse preps the body for transfer to the morgue.

For the rancid cunt who doesn't believe such things.

by Anonymousreply 154October 19, 2020 5:13 PM

I met my family at the ER when my mom died. Most of my family was there already. Mom was already dead when I got there. The staff completely cleared out and were nowhere to be seen, not that I fault them for that.

It did bug me that my mother was left in a grotesque posture. It looked like they had tried to resuscitate her by inserting something into and down her throat. I wish they had closed her mouth and eyes. I think she also had a hand raised in a claw-like gesture.

She was lukewarm. I was surprised how quick the body looses its heat. I’ve also touched my Dad at his wake and it is a weird experience to touch a body that is stone-cold.

by Anonymousreply 155October 19, 2020 6:00 PM

R155 I don't understand why people don't blow their brains out at that age. I don't want people seeing me that old.

by Anonymousreply 156October 19, 2020 7:38 PM

[quote] I was surprised how quick the body looses its heat.

Oh fucking dear!

by Anonymousreply 157October 19, 2020 11:08 PM

Did you intentionally mean to sound like a child, R155? The “something into and down her throat” is called an artificial airway, or a breathing tube. Did you or other family request an autopsy? The medical staff cannot remove any medical devices if the family elects for an autopsy which might be why it was left in place.

by Anonymousreply 158October 20, 2020 1:57 PM

R155 did you molest your own deceased parents? That has to be the sickest thing I have ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 159October 20, 2020 2:08 PM

r3, you're a dumb cunt, Trump knew it was a deadly virus in january, said so, and then ignored it for months, you're a fucking dumb cunt

by Anonymousreply 160October 20, 2020 2:11 PM

R132 is Boris.

by Anonymousreply 161October 21, 2020 1:08 AM

All the people calling this fake news deserve to die scared and alone in a hospital surrounded by strangers in PPE suits.

by Anonymousreply 162October 21, 2020 1:10 AM

Trump knew the virus was serious but played it down to avoid panic. Biden otoh doesn't even know covid exists.

by Anonymousreply 163October 21, 2020 2:36 AM

Bartender, no more vodka for Svetlana at R163. She's babbling incoherently.

by Anonymousreply 164October 21, 2020 2:38 AM

The flu kills thousands too but we don't wash our hands for that.

by Anonymousreply 165October 21, 2020 3:59 AM

The flu kills thousands too but we don't wash our hands for that.

by Anonymousreply 166October 21, 2020 3:59 AM

R165 = Russian troll, hoping she can talk another couple hundred thousand dumb Americans into killing themselves.

by Anonymousreply 167October 21, 2020 4:17 AM

People should worry more about the crazy countries like Pakistan who have nukes and the.billions and billions of starving humans that would kill us for $5. Wash your hands and wear a mask and covid is defeated.

by Anonymousreply 168October 21, 2020 12:05 PM

My heart goes out to you R 155 - Pierre. I saw my mom right after she died . I know that grotesque appearance of the open mouth, etc. my mom was able to die at home. I can imagine the intensity of your pain to know that the “hospital attendants” left her body in such a disrespectful manner.

It’s hard to even have words for the extremely cruel comments to your touching post. You DL deplorables know who you are. All your self hate and loathing projected onto those naive souls (like myself ) who speak from the heart will come back to haunt you.

by Anonymousreply 169October 22, 2020 11:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!