Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So, is there going to be another "Presidential debate"?

Scheduled for Oct 22 in Nashville. Topics were to be released on week before:

The moderator and the Commission on Presidential Debates will announce topics a week before the debate, but as in the first debate, there will be six topics. Each will get 15 minutes.

Will it happen? Right no, it's still scheduled, but, considering the destruction of Trump during the Town Hall, will he do it? Will he show his Covid results? Will Biden agree to a face-to-face with a man who has not revealed Covid results?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 21, 2020 3:27 PM

Biden has nothing to gain from a debate and Trump hasn’t had a good debate ever. I don’t see why they would.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 2:01 PM

Trump needs it badly, but the more of Trump Americans see, the worse it gets for him. Biden has been studying and is well-prepared, and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 2:10 PM

No one has confirmed a cancellation of the event, which is in six days, but we don't have a list of topics to be "discussed" or any format. Strange. Maybe, if we ignore it, it will go away.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 7:57 PM

Just out this afternoon. Article is from CNN, which we can't link here.

The Commission on Presidential debates announced on Friday the six topics for the second and final debate between President Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden set to take place next week.

The topics are: "Fighting COVID-19," "American Families," "Race in America," "Climate Change," "National Security" and "Leadership." The final debate between Trump and Biden is scheduled to take place on October 22 from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. ET in Tennessee. The format is the same as the first debate: Each segment will last about 15 minutes, and the candidates will have two minutes to respond after the moderator, NBC's Kristen Welker, opens each segment with a question. Welker will then use the rest of the time in the segment to facilitate further discussion on the topic.

In Friday's announcement, the commission did not explain any further rule changes for the final contest, something it said it would do after the first debate between the presidential candidates devolved into a chaotic affair with the President flouting the rules and repeatedly interrupting the former vice president. The day after the first debate, the commission acknowledged the chaos of the night before and said it would look into rule changes in order to "ensure a more orderly discussion." "The Commission on Presidential Debates sponsors televised debates for the benefit of the American electorate. Last night's debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues," a September 30 statement from the CPD reads. The commission did not specify what changes they would be making, but their statement at the time said they intended "to ensure that additional tools to maintain order are in place for the remaining debates," and that they would be announced "shortly." The chaos of the first debate, which was marked by frequent incoherent cross talk, left a stain on the contest. Trump frequently interrupted and heckled Biden and ignored repeated pleas from the debate moderator, Chris Wallace of Fox News, for Trump to stick to his allotted time. At one point, an exasperated Biden turned to the President and said, "Will you shut up, man?" Trump and Biden were supposed to debate on Thursday, but that debate was canceled after Trump declined to participate in a virtual debate. The commission changed the format to a virtual debate due to the President's positive coronavirus diagnosis earlier this month, which left him hospitalized for three days. Both candidates instead participated in town halls on the night the debate was originally scheduled to take place. Biden appeared on ABC for an hour and a half town hall, and Trump appeared on NBC for an hour-long town hall. Biden has made clear that he wants the debate commission to change the rules ahead of the third contest, and said the way Trump conducted himself at the first debate was a "national embarrassment." "I just hope there's a way in which the debate commission can control the ability of us to answer the questions without interruptions," Biden told CNN's Arlette Saenz the day after the first debate. "I'm not going to speculate on what happens in the second or third debate -- my hope is that they're able to literally -- say the question gets asked of Trump, he has a microphone, he has two minutes, no one else has the microphone, and then I don't know what the rules are going to be. That seems to me to make some sense." The Trump campaign has come out against any changes to the rules. Campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told CNN in a statement after the first debate that the commission "shouldn't be moving the goalposts and changing the rules in the middle of the game." "They're only doing this because their guy got pummeled last night," Murtaugh said. "President Trump was the dominant force and now Joe Biden is trying to work the refs."

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 8:01 PM

No announced changes, so maybe Trump will have his way. Are there really any undecided voters? Oh, the networks will interview them, but they are not undecided. You can tell by their answers.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 8:06 PM

Why are they doing this? Trump can't debate.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 8:09 PM

No fank you.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 8:10 PM

Do you really think Trump will show up?

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 8:11 PM

Why start a sentence with "So?"

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 8:12 PM

I hope they debate again. Every time Trump opens his pie hole he makes it worse for himself, even when he shouts over Biden.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 8:14 PM

R9 prefers Pour finir.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 8:15 PM

After last night's disaster, Trump wants to erase the memory of all that, and now wants a redux of Debate #1.

I'll say yes.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 8:18 PM

If there's a debate, may I suggest Brianna Keilar as the moderator?

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 8:20 PM

The Biden Campaign should request and receive unequivocal independent verification: 1] that Trump had been COVID tested on the same day of the first debate, and 2] of the results of Trump's COVID test on the day of Oct 22 debate.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 8:25 PM

R13 Briana would be terrific.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 8:33 PM

No. When Dump is involved it's not a debate. It's him flinging shit out of his ass like the COVID-infected orange baboon that he is. The American public has absolutely nothing to gain from this.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 8:37 PM

What dumb ass out there hasn't made up their mind by now?

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2020 8:38 PM

R17, Guilty Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 8:48 PM

No format change has been announced, so it looks like the 1st 'debate" format will be followed. No cut-off mic. announced, despite the commission's vow to change things after the first debacle. Who would now want to watch that clusterfuck? It's a woman moderator, so you know Asshole will attempt to bully her.

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2020 9:13 PM

CNN: Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said he will demand President Trump take a Covid-19 test, and for that test to return negative, before he will participate in a debate

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2020 9:42 PM

No one wants to see another debate

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2020 10:19 PM

Biden will announce he's got the rona and will cancel.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2020 10:44 PM

R20, and he needs to make sure his "personal Physician" doesn't do the test.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2020 10:52 PM

Biden should not bait

The media, looking to seem "fair" (aka "both-sidesism") will gush about Trump's performance if he seems even 5% less crazy than in the first debate. "A more serious Trump speaks to his record in final debate" or "Trump focuses on policy in final debate"

Biden just has to demand a rules change that Trump will not accede to, there is no debate, and everyone is left with the image of Abusive Debate Trump and Crazy Uncle Town Hall Trump.

When you are running down the clock, you take the foul and let the other team have a foul shot. You don't give them an opening for a three-pointer.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2020 10:57 PM

^^LOL. Biden should not DEBATE

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2020 10:57 PM

For the love of God, please, please cancel this shit fest! I think I speak for millions of Americans to say that we have had enough of seeing this orange fat fuck doing anything.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2020 11:02 PM

The Pod Save guys today said the more Trump speaks, the better, because everything he says is alienating.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2020 11:10 PM

Funny how our "millennial friend" just fucked up again.

Boris, I am thinking millennial boy have hungry thirsty ass.

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2020 11:15 PM

Kristen Welker.

Wouldn't be surprised if Trump demands a different moderator to set up his " unfair" scenario.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2020 11:24 PM

Yeah, considering the topics she chose highlight all his most obvious failures, I see him trying to get out of this all next week

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2020 11:27 PM

Though it might be fun to hear him refer to a Black woman as "you people" I still think Biden should avoid this debate and can easily do so without losing any support.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2020 11:50 PM

Many people realize that I won the last debate. I don't need to do it again. The fake liberal media cannot overcome the will of patriotic Americans.

by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2020 12:01 AM

Just saw an ad for the third debate on Fox (Sports; never watch that other piece of shit). So I guess it's still on. Should be fun; Trump hates Welker. To be fair, he hates any woman who makes him look stupid; or to put it more succintly, he hates any woman.

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2020 1:24 AM

Whoops! "succinctly". (is that right? doesn't look right.)

by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2020 1:25 AM

But, NBC aired his Town Hall that garnered the largest audience in the history of television. How could he hate Welker?

by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2020 1:30 AM

I was kind of hoping Guthrie would be the moderator. Is this other person anything like how Guthrie was at Trump's Town Hall?

by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2020 9:25 PM

It would be great if the audience started chanting shut up when Trump goes overtime/interrupts.

by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2020 9:47 PM

Biden should demand enforcement of no interruption rules, but how do you enforce them?

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2020 9:50 PM

Trump won’t interrupt as much. That backfired big time.

by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2020 9:55 PM

He can't help himself; he has no self-control.

by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2020 9:57 PM

Exactly. His tactic is to make Biden look weak and Beta, and fluster him to lose train of thought to seem like he has dementia

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2020 12:16 AM

If this "debate" happens, look for Trump to be totally uncontrolled. He knows he has nothing to lose and will be at his worst, since he cannot defend his record.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2020 2:09 AM

Not necessary. We all know where the two stand.

tRUMP=racist nitwit, only out for himself Biden=Country and citizens first.

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2020 2:16 AM

Joe has no reason to face Trump again.

Agreed, the media has likely flipped into "Come on, aren't we being too hard on Trump?, and is eager to set up the horserace this election hasn't been for them yet!

Biden should simply say, "I think America knows who Donald Trump is by now. I know I do", and leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2020 3:13 AM

T42, when you say he would be his worst you really mean he’ll be himself.

by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2020 3:46 AM

Trump tried to infect Biden with Covid.

He has never definitively said he tested negative before the debate despite question after question about it.

by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2020 3:59 AM

Trump doesn't view us as a country, he views us as an audience. I like, and admire, that Joe has no fear whatsoever of Trump and will eagerly take him on anyplace, anytime. He may be older now, but he's still very much that scrappy kid from Scranton. Joe is the authentic real deal, and owns his flaws...whereas Trump is just hopelessly flawed, period.

by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2020 4:19 AM

Trump will pull another stunt again like the overtalking or bringing in Burisma officials or something stupid. His attempt at biological warfare failed and his October surprise flopped, so he's switching to his next plan. Whatever it is, it will be dumb.

Speaking of dumb, has anyone seen Ivanka or Jared lately?

by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2020 4:30 AM

So, I don’t know, OP. So, what do you think? So, I’d be SO interested to know your opinion.

So?

by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2020 4:34 AM

r46 I believe you are right and that is pure evil on Trumps part ...and to think he and many trump supporting republicans have the nerve to call themselves pro life yet try stuff like this?

by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2020 4:42 AM

K' but WHY America, WHY this ????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2020 4:47 AM

The remix is better R51

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2020 11:56 AM

No rules have changed, no cut off switch, weak moderator. What could possibly go right?

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2020 12:36 PM

Biden should cancel because Trump’s Infected and crazy.

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2020 12:53 PM

I think the words "Presidential" and "debate" do not mean what they think they mean.

by Anonymousreply 55October 18, 2020 1:56 PM

Wonder÷ why no military que?

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2020 2:00 PM

I thought they had already decided to control the microphones and cut Trump off when his time was up? And then Trump said he wouldn't debate with those rules - and that was that.

So they caved for that ogre?

(I don't know who I mean by 'they' - the powers that be, I guess - RNC / DNC / the networks / the devil?)

by Anonymousreply 57October 18, 2020 4:07 PM

I wish they would cut his mic.

He would become apoplectic

by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2020 4:23 PM

@duty2warn Oct 18

Trump is decompensating. His psychopathology is fiercely malignant. Desperation is heightened. Nobody anywhere wants him around. WH keeps him on the road for their own peace. Rallies keep him narcissistically placated. New polls will show Biden up big. We'll enter new territory.

Those of you who watched him today in Michigan and Wisconsin, who heard him incite violence, saw him dance like a fool, and witnessed lie after lie interspersed with gaffes in a thunderstorm of unpunctuated half-sentences, probably think this is as bad as he can get. Think again.

by Anonymousreply 59October 18, 2020 4:24 PM

So I can irritate R9.

by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2020 4:33 PM

I hope not..

by Anonymousreply 61October 18, 2020 4:38 PM

"Handlers" claim Trump will tone it down. We'll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2020 5:06 PM

Snowflake- in-Chief whining again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2020 5:09 PM

He’s going to tone it down and the media will say he exhibited a change in tone etc.

by Anonymousreply 64October 18, 2020 5:10 PM

I do not see an upside for Biden on this.

As I noted earlier, the media will take anything short of complete madness from Trump and play it up as "a more presidential Trump" or "a more focused Trump" and then highlight some minor gaffe Biden makes because Both Sides.

If we use the basketball analogy, then Biden not participating in the debates is like a foul-- Trump gets two foul shots but it slows the game down and Biden gets the ball back again.

Versus doing the debate, which is like letting Trump inbound the ball and set up a play, possibly hitting a three pointer and then stealing the rebound.

Biden can easily insist on restrictions that Trump will not agree to.

by Anonymousreply 65October 18, 2020 5:11 PM

Debate prep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 18, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote] "Handlers" claim Trump will tone it down. We'll see.

It's like trying to train a diseased, rabid dog foaming at the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 67October 18, 2020 6:24 PM

I want to see more debates! They are lovely and fun. Its great to see Trump get rabid and Biden lose his words.

by Anonymousreply 68October 18, 2020 8:13 PM

When the Trump family shows up unmasked, will they be bounced? Have there been any conditions placed on this debate by the Biden Camp? Why is the Commission on Debates being so craven about implementing the " new rules" that they promised after the first fiasco? Trump always gets his way, which discredits every organization that bows to what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 69October 18, 2020 8:52 PM

Why bother with this? Unless they cut mics, I see no point.

by Anonymousreply 70October 18, 2020 8:57 PM

R53 why do you think Welker is weak?

by Anonymousreply 71October 18, 2020 9:00 PM

Can they get Drunk Don Lemon to moderate?

by Anonymousreply 72October 18, 2020 9:01 PM

Well just announced that Trump suffered a stroke earlier, so I doubt that there will be any debate now.

by Anonymousreply 73October 18, 2020 9:06 PM

Link r73?

by Anonymousreply 74October 18, 2020 9:08 PM

R73, he had another stroke today?

by Anonymousreply 75October 18, 2020 9:08 PM

He didn’t have a stroke. He was dancing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 18, 2020 9:11 PM

They moderator can’t cut their mics. The rules are agreed to by both campaigns. They negotiate them for months. Both campaigns have to agree. It’s not gonna happen.

I don’t think they should cut his mic. The more he talks the more people hate him. Let him to continue to hang himself. These next two weeks are going to be insane. Buckle up.

by Anonymousreply 77October 18, 2020 9:14 PM

I really wish they canceled this...Thursday, right?

by Anonymousreply 78October 18, 2020 10:28 PM

9 pm eastern on Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 79October 18, 2020 10:32 PM

Monster's debate coaches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 18, 2020 10:33 PM

Cheeto is already complaining about Kristen Welker moderating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 18, 2020 10:39 PM

Sorry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 18, 2020 10:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 18, 2020 10:45 PM

Kristen Welker seems to be pretty non-confrontational. The fact that he is already complaining and saying she's biased shows that he has no strategy.

I definitely think that he'll fuck up and make some racially-charged comment toward her, which will only make things much worse for him than they already are.

by Anonymousreply 84October 18, 2020 10:47 PM

It'd be great if they got Frank Welker to be the moderator.

He could use his Soundwave voice to moderate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 18, 2020 11:48 PM

[quote] R69: Have there been any conditions placed on this debate by the Biden Camp?

Biden has asked Trump to take a verifiable COVID test the day of or day before the debate. I think Trump will pretend this insults him, and he will refuse, declaring that his word should be good enough (“I’m negative. I know it, everybody knows it, and YOU know it too!)

I simply can’t imagine how and why people cast their lot with this moron.

by Anonymousreply 86October 18, 2020 11:50 PM

Or, Wes Welker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 18, 2020 11:50 PM

Bwaaaaaah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2020 1:01 AM

R84 that is his strategy. “See, if you’re mean to me I’ll sic the Trumptards on you! Be nice! Be nice! .... Cunt!”

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2020 1:21 AM

R88, see R82.

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2020 1:45 AM

Biden needs to practice answering questions clearly and concisely with a buzz saw running next to him, keeping eye contact with the camera and finishing his thoughts without stopping to say "C'mon man", "Time out", etc.

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2020 1:48 AM

i can't believe there is another one ... so fucking sick of it all

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2020 1:51 AM

This one will be the lowest rated. No one wants to see a replay of the first debate. No one. Trumpers can watch his rallies, in person or on-line. Joe has produced massive amounts of information for his people or the undecided.

by Anonymousreply 93October 19, 2020 2:18 AM

The commission is meeting TODAY to discuss possible changes to the way the debate is urn. Why wait so long? No matter, Trump will get his way; he always does. The commission is afraid he will back out again. From CNN:

The Commission on Presidential Debates will meet Monday afternoon to discuss potential rule changes to the final contest between President Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden, two members of the commission tell CNN.

"We are going to consider what changes we are going to make with regards to the debate on Thursday night," one commission member said. The member added that there is a chance no changes are made, saying the conversation will be on "what, if any, changes will be made." The commission members did not tell CNN on Monday what changes were being considered in the meeting. After a chaotic first debate where Trump frequently flouted the rules and interrupted Biden, the commission acknowledged the chaos and said it would look into rule changes in order to "ensure a more orderly discussion." The commission had said after the first debate that they would announce the changes "shortly." The meeting, however, comes weeks after that first match up and just days before the Thursday's debate. The commission's second presidential debate was canceled after Trump declined to participate in a virtual contest, a change that was made because of his positive coronavirus diagnosis.

"The Commission on Presidential Debates sponsors televised debates for the benefit of the American electorate. Last night's debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues," a September 30 statement from the CPD reads. The commission, at the time, did not specify what changes they would be making, but their statement at the time said they intended "to ensure that additional tools to maintain order are in place for the remaining debates."

The commission will also certify that both Trump and Biden have met the 15% polling threshold needed to qualify for the debate at the Monday meeting. Biden has made clear that he wants the debate commission to change the rules ahead of the third contest, and said the way Trump conducted himself at the first debate was a "national embarrassment." "I just hope there's a way in which the debate commission can control the ability of us to answer the questions without interruptions," Biden said the day after the first debate. The Trump campaign has come out against any changes to the rules. Campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told CNN in a statement after the first debate that the commission "shouldn't be moving the goalposts and changing the rules in the middle of the game."

by Anonymousreply 94October 19, 2020 4:16 PM

Don't fuck with Proper Bagel!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 19, 2020 4:35 PM

If only Ronee Blakely could be persuaded to sing some songs!

by Anonymousreply 96October 19, 2020 4:56 PM

I think trump will balk at any changes.

I think they will turn off the mic for the candidates when it’s not their turn to speak. Also, Biden wants Trump to take a [italic] verifiable [/italic] COVID test prior to the debate, to prove that he’s not contagious, and I think Trump will balk at that too, because he may well still be contagious.

by Anonymousreply 97October 19, 2020 6:24 PM

So far I'm not hearing of any friction re the debate. Biden is preparing, Trump is holding rallies. Has anyone heard anything?

by Anonymousreply 98October 19, 2020 6:26 PM

Fox says that Trump will bring up Hunter's e-mails. We can link to Fox, but not CNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 19, 2020 6:50 PM

Seems like someone has had a change of heart on debate and may chicken out again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 19, 2020 7:47 PM

Trump wants a foreign policy debate so he has plenty of opportunity to throw in his lies about Joe's fictitious million-dollar payouts from Ukraine and the "mayor of Moscow."

I'd be happy if Trump pulls out and we don't have another debate.

by Anonymousreply 101October 19, 2020 7:56 PM

[quote] I'd be happy if Trump pulls out

Dat's vat I say every nait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 19, 2020 8:02 PM

More like once every 40 days, or whatever is in her contract

by Anonymousreply 103October 19, 2020 8:19 PM

Another debate would change nothing and only give Trump another opportunity to attack Biden with lies. Why should Biden have to endure it? Kristin Welker can't control Trump. He will run all over her. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 104October 19, 2020 8:31 PM

It’s not like Biden can defend himself or correct the record if Trump just screams over the moderator endlessly, like a two year old throwing a tantrum on the floor in the supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 105October 19, 2020 10:50 PM

Kristen Welker certainly won’t be able to control him.

by Anonymousreply 106October 19, 2020 11:40 PM

Most experts believe, as do I, that the more airtime given to Trump, the more damage he does to himself. His rankings don’t persuade anyone.

by Anonymousreply 107October 19, 2020 11:43 PM

Donald’s not going to be happy:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Debate commission adopts new rules to mute microphones to allow Trump, Biden 2 minutes of uninterrupted time per segment.

by Anonymousreply 108October 19, 2020 11:48 PM

He'll pull out.

by Anonymousreply 109October 19, 2020 11:52 PM

Here's hoping R109

Without the debate he'll be limited to ranting to the people who are already voting for him. The rest of the media is pretty much glossing over his rallies, sort of "Today President Trump held a rally in Arizona where most of the crowd did not wear masks. He then flew to Nevada for a similarly maskless rally."

by Anonymousreply 110October 20, 2020 12:14 AM

No mics, no foreign policy, no debate. It's rigged against me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 20, 2020 12:48 AM

Biden better have his Secret Service people ready to tackle Trump if he tries to touch and spread his germs on the former VP. Not just being facetious, Trump is quite desperate right now. It'd be great if he were literally tripped on his face from getting to Mighty Joe.

by Anonymousreply 112October 20, 2020 12:55 AM

I watched Trump's entire Arizona rally speech to have a good laugh. He's fun to watch now as he melts down.

I've never heard him curse more than he did today, he referred to his administration a few times in the past tense, (revealing his expected election loss), etc He won't debate again He may be in fuck it mode

by Anonymousreply 113October 20, 2020 1:06 AM

@BillStepien: "President Trump is committed to debating Joe Biden regardless of last minute rule changes from the biased commission in their latest attempt to provide advantage to their favored candidate."

by Anonymousreply 114October 20, 2020 1:08 AM

“Last minute”? Everyone agreed the second the first debate was over, the microphone needs to be muted when it’s not his turn. Why does this guy even want another opportunity to sound like an asshole? He already got the asshole vote. Why bother?

by Anonymousreply 115October 20, 2020 1:13 AM

Hey, assholes actually have a bodily function. Correction: he's got the shit vote, like himself.

by Anonymousreply 116October 20, 2020 1:22 AM

I was watching ABC tonight and there was a big ass ad proclaiming 'THE LAST DEBATE!!!' and some shit like, be sure to tune in Thursday....

They were sure acting like it's a done deal so R114's post isn't surprising. I don't think they'd go so triumphantly all-in if they weren't sure Trump will be there.

And really, he has nothing to lose. Biden does though - I hope something intervenes to cancel this shit. What is the proverb? Don't get int he pigpen with the pig - you'll just get shit all over you and the pig loves it? something like that.

by Anonymousreply 117October 20, 2020 2:35 AM

Biden needs Pete Buttigieg now that Kamala is done with him. He needs some zingers that will make smoke come out of Trump's ears.

by Anonymousreply 118October 20, 2020 3:50 AM

Will Trump agree to take a Covid test though? I bet he’s not taking any right now. He probably has no idea if he’s positive.

by Anonymousreply 119October 20, 2020 5:42 AM

They are muting mics. Trump wants to still go because he thinks he has dirt with Hunter but it’s going to be him talking with no sound and will be hysterical

by Anonymousreply 120October 20, 2020 5:48 AM

It's not turning out the way they wanted it to, #120. Maybe because Hunter is handsome and sounds like a fun party guest.

Trump just needed the story in print so he could quote it over and over at his Covid rallies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 20, 2020 6:22 AM

Trump must participate, since the only thing he has left is Hunter BIden and the lies he can spread. Look for him to bring him up at every opportunity. Joe must strike back early and hard.

by Anonymousreply 122October 20, 2020 12:13 PM

Yes, it's going to be all, "Joe shouldn't even be on stage, he should be in jail," all night long.

by Anonymousreply 123October 20, 2020 12:16 PM

Preemptive attacks on the moderator. The most hilarious fact gleaned from the article: Tucker Carlson is registered as a Democrat in DC!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 20, 2020 12:27 PM

He's attacking the moderator because, if she dares to cut off his mic or challenge anything he says, he can play victim and make it more about her, so he doesn't have to answer any questions.

by Anonymousreply 125October 20, 2020 12:37 PM

Biden should just ask Don this simple question: Would you please tell the American people your plan for Health Care?

by Anonymousreply 126October 20, 2020 12:39 PM

If it's set up like the last debate, each candidate will have two minutes for a statement and then there will be an "open" period in which Trump will be free to lie, bluster, hector and bloviate.

by Anonymousreply 127October 20, 2020 12:40 PM

Or, "What is your alternative for believing scientific research? Faith healers?"

by Anonymousreply 128October 20, 2020 12:41 PM

On Twitter, several journos have been handing Biden a great debate question: If Trump thinks Fauci is such an unmitigated disaster, why is he still leading his Covid response team seven months later?

by Anonymousreply 129October 20, 2020 1:04 PM

[quote]it's going to be all, "Joe shouldn't even be on stage, he should be in jail," all night long.

CBS News' Mark Knoller:

Pres Trump calling on Atty Gen Barr to launch official investigation on corruption charges against Joe and Hunter Biden. “This is major corruption,” said Trump on @FoxNews, “and has to be known before the election.” “We’ve got to get the Atty Gen to act and act fast,” said Trump.

by Anonymousreply 130October 20, 2020 1:09 PM

Kristen Welker being attacked as a hyper-partisan Democrat by Trump and right-wing media in an attempt to intimidate her into taking it easy on the orange one.

by Anonymousreply 131October 20, 2020 1:16 PM

The Commission on Presidential Debates

Co-Chairs

Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr.

Dorothy S. Ridings

Kenneth Wollack

Honorary Co-Chairs

Gerald R. Ford*

Jimmy Carter

Ronald Reagan*

George W. Bush

Barack Obama

Co-Chair Emeritus

Paul G. Kirk, Jr.

Board of Directors

John C. Danforth

Charles Gibson

John Griffen

Yvonne Hao Antonia Hernandez

Reverend John I. Jenkins

Newton N. Minow

Richard D. Parsons

Olympia Snowe

Executive Director

Janet H. Brown

*deceased

by Anonymousreply 132October 20, 2020 1:53 PM

It's scheduled, but he still has time to back out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 20, 2020 11:11 PM

What happened to the Biden campaign's demand that Trump be Covid tested before the debate?

by Anonymousreply 134October 21, 2020 3:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!