Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

White House was warned Giuliani was target of Russian intelligence operation to feed misinformation to Trump

Explosive story just published by Washington Post.

U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter. The warnings were based on multiple sources, including intercepted communications, that showed Giuliani was interacting with people tied to Russian intelligence during a December 2019 trip to Ukraine, where he was gathering information that he thought would expose corrupt acts by former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter. The intelligence raised concerns that Giuliani was being used to feed Russian misinformation to the president, the former officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information and conversations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2020 7:22 PM

Stupid old fool

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 3:33 AM

So now we know where he's been for the past year: digging-up nudie pics of Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 3:39 AM

Uhm...like....No shit?

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 3:40 AM

Can’t Ghouliani be brought up on charges for this?

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 3:43 AM

Giuliani is the most useful idiot!

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 3:44 AM

R1 = Caroline

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 3:48 AM

Lock him up!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 3:49 AM

A Veritable Confederacy of Dunces.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 3:52 AM

Trump knew and he always knew Ghouliani was being fed misinformation.

Trump is in on it. Trump’s a willing partner in Russian misinformation.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 4:00 AM

It’s all done out in the open now. The complicit GOP does not give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 4:04 AM

Oh come on for fucks sake.

I love when some paper like the Post acts all “inside” but they [bold]miss the real point completely[/bold]. It’s like all the talk about how Bush and the Pentagon “were not correctly interpreting the evidence of WMDs in Iraq.”

ENTIRELY NAIVE FUCKING NARRATIVE.

Giuliani got evidence he *knew* was wrong and *probably even asked for it to be fabricated*, just like the Bush White House decided to invade Iraq first, then corralled a bunch of bullshit “evidence” of WMDs to sucker the country into supporting the invasion.

This is why liars always win. People are soooo gullible.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 4:18 AM

bumping

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 5:46 PM

R11, it’s not always naive of the reporter. They know that they have to break it down into baby chunks so that it doesn’t overwhelm the senses of the masses.

You have to let them do the chewing.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 5:57 PM

I seem to recall about two years ago there was a longform article about the Russian influence operation, and it mentioned a source said they thought Giuliani was being looked at by intelligence sources as someone who had potentially been compromised.

I'll never remember which article it was, and Google is no help, all I'm getting are today's news articles.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 6:02 PM

Yes, I believe it was NYT in early 2019. Maddow linked it, I think.

FOX won't cover this part of the story. F and F were all in a tizzy because there were no questions about Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 6:26 PM

The Dynamic Duo: Steve Bannon and Rudy Giuliani, combing Europe for dirt on Biden for Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2020 3:39 AM

R16 sounds like a demented grown up version of Euro Trip.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2020 3:41 AM

yeah, the whole thing is just falling apart. and not just the whole Ukraine thing, the whole damn Trump thing. everyone is starting to see what a damn joke the whole administration has been. and they are starting to head to the lifeboats.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2020 3:43 AM

Spare me my life... take anything you want...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2020 3:46 AM

well of course. Here's the deal. I care less if somebody goes to jail than if every shitty little thing that every trumpista has been into gets exposed once Biden becomes president. Seriously, I think that would be more valuable for the Republic.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2020 3:51 AM

Hello, the Orange Anus has been in on ALL of the Russian fuckery, starting with that meeting in Trump Tower with Junior in 2016. I mean, for Christ's sake, he went on tv and ASKED the Russians to hack into Hillary's emails. They all are traitors. We need that Trump Crimes Commission on January 21, 2021. I'm down with public hangings and firing squads for all of them.

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2020 4:07 AM

yup r21, and at this point I don't care if he goes to jail as long as all that shit comes to light. just sing it loud, sing it proud. We have had a very corrupt government for four years. just fucking announce it.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2020 4:09 AM

At the end of the day with Trump reelected what exactly do Bannon and Giuliani want to see happen in the United States? What is their vision for America 10 years from now?

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2020 4:13 AM

R23 I'm not sure they have some grand plan, I think they're just mean old fuckers who love the chaos and "owning the libs". Its a shame for Ghouliani, because he could have sailed off into the sunset as "America's Mayor". Now he may possibly be indicted and the history books will not look kindly on him.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2020 4:12 PM

R24, he could've sailed in the rest of the country as "America's Mayor" because much of this country is full of idiots who buy into NY conmen, but as we found out in the aftermath, Rudy did some dumb shit which made the situation worse. Like ignoring requests to move OEM from the WTC to Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2020 4:17 PM

R25 I'm with you, I know that Rudy was a fuck up. All of my NYC friends hate his guts. But still if he hadn't gotten hooked up with Trump he could have retired with some dignity.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2020 4:19 PM

I don't believe the White House doesn't know what the Russians are doing.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2020 4:30 PM

Not only had this whole thing fallen completely apart, the population as a whole doesn't really give a crap what Hunter may or may not have done.

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2020 4:53 PM

I don't know why you guys think Dump is in on it. Its set up FOR him by putin.

Rudy is the dumps conduit to the Russians. They've all worked together in New York real estate.

Rudy volunteered for this assignment I bet. Probably his idea, what he brings to the table as the dumps lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2020 1:01 AM

Rudy is a drunk.

So is Bannon.

These are the guys in charge?

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2020 1:30 AM

R22, that’s what people said about Nixon. It took years to get rid of him and people were so burned out, they couldn’t stand it any more. Just get rid of him and let’s move on.

The problem was, the GOP learned they could do anything they wanted and the President would never be blamed. They’d just find a fall guy. That’s why Trump is where he is. Trump never could have gone this long if Nixon didn’t get away with it. He set a precedent.

They need to investigate all this in public and throw people in prison for many years. And don’t pardon them. That’s the only thing we can do at this point to restore our credibility in the world. That, and clean up our diplomatic relationships around the world.

I know a lot of people that don’t know much about Biden don’t know this, but he is so well known by politicians around the world. He has relationships with most of them. He is known not to be a crook. Even government officials in Ukraine said he wasn’t a crook.

It’s going to take a known quantity like him to try to restore our reputation. Our allies got the scare of their lives and many have turned away from us towards Russia or China. We’re considered unreliable and untrustworthy now. We have to make a supreme effort or we’ll never recover. The only thing that makes us a big deal now is our allies. And Trump is pissing on them every day. We have to stop the bloodletting. Our allies are like the stock market. They don’t like anything scary. They want continuity.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2020 1:45 AM

Did anyone see that fucking bullshit press conf. from John RATcliffe this evening? What a Trump taint-licking flying monkey he is.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2020 1:48 AM

Rudy thought he was going to get some action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2020 2:14 AM

Rudy is a pedo

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2020 7:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!