Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sheldon Whitehouse to Senate Republicans: Your Credibility Will Die in This Room

[QUOTE]There will not be two sets of rules for Democratic and Republican Senate majorities, Whitehouse vowed; the GOP decision to block President Obama’s nominee in 2016 and approve Trump’s just days before the 2020 election will have consequences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30Last Monday at 5:08 PM

Sheldon, sweetie, it was dead a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 110/15/2020

Their credibility never made it into that room.

by Anonymousreply 210/15/2020

Whatever. Dem Senators will just keep folding and making nice with the enemy. Once Trump is out, primary the motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 310/15/2020

The only reason she's being considered is because she agreed to be Scalia's mini-me. She's so ambitious and greedy she's agreed to become a Republican operative. She's hiding things, being evasive. And the Xtian cult thing is just so distasteful.

Go away, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 410/15/2020

She never tried a case, right? That is just astounding to me. Jaw dropping.

by Anonymousreply 510/15/2020

Not to mention she seems sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 610/15/2020

Whitehouse is not playing with these crooks.

by Anonymousreply 710/15/2020

[QUOTE] Whatever. Dem Senators will just keep folding and making nice with the enemy.

I don’t think so. Not this time.

by Anonymousreply 810/15/2020

She's a very bad hombre

by Anonymousreply 910/15/2020

I am normally not like this, but the way I see it, the Republicans stole two seats - Barack's vacancy and Ginsberg's seat. Kavanaugh's seat was the only one that legitimately fell to Trump. Therefore, if the Senate wants to add two Supremes, I am really OK with it.

by Anonymousreply 1010/15/2020

And that is precisely what we’re talking about, R10. Just two little Justices—Justices that were stolen from us. Remember that when you hear someone scaremongering about “packing the Supreme Court.” It won’t be packing; it will be a reformation.

by Anonymousreply 1110/15/2020

The thing is it's set up in waves. The whole electoral process. When the Republicans stole these two sets without the the American people behind them they have set themselves up for repercussions. it is up to us to hold our senators feet to the fire and make the Supreme Court more representative to what we want. Im under Dick Durbin and I already called his office twice asking what is gonna be done about this power grab by the Republicans regarding the Supremes. y'all gotta do the same. Their has to be accountability and it's up to us

by Anonymousreply 1210/15/2020

How refreshing -- a senator with actual cajones instead of a doddering ass-kisser!

by Anonymousreply 1310/15/2020

Their credibility was in the bathroom, but I think someone flushed.

by Anonymousreply 1410/15/2020

[QUOTE] Their credibility was in the bathroom, but I think someone flushed.

Yeah, and that someone was Mitch McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 1510/15/2020

I really wish the Democrats would go scorched earth. Do everything right up to the absolute limit. Make Puerto Rico, and Washington DC both states. Pack the courts. Gerrymander as far as the eye can see. Demand the fairness doctrine of the FCC be restored and expanded. Expand voting rights and make the ability to vote at home or on your cell phone secure and simple. Box them in on all sides.

by Anonymousreply 1610/15/2020

We’ve got to get the media to stop referring to it as “court packing.”

by Anonymousreply 1710/16/2020

I preferred this Judging Amy. She seemed more qualified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1810/16/2020

He is so right. And also pretty hot, not that that has anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 1910/16/2020

I don't know a great deal about this senator, but I think I might be a fan now.

by Anonymousreply 2010/16/2020

Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 2110/19/2020

The first time I saw Senator Whitehouse was on "Active Measures" and I fell in like with him then.

I loved how he brought his Katie Porter whiteboard to the judiciary committee meeting and started talking about the dark money funding all of these scumbags.

He sounds a bit like Charles Nelson Reilly, too.

by Anonymousreply 2210/19/2020

Pack that damn court with 15 Justices. We have 330 million people in the USA now- represent us!

by Anonymousreply 2310/19/2020

Motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Monday at 4:21 PM

Is it really feasible to add more justices? It must be done.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Monday at 4:23 PM

Today's elected Republican officials don't give a rats ass about credibility, they only care about power and forcing through their agenda. If they lose their seat in this election they have lucrative corporate jobs and/or lobbyist positions awaiting them.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Monday at 4:26 PM

She's a whore. Darlin.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Monday at 4:32 PM

I love him. He is hot.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Monday at 4:50 PM

Way to focus on the important things, R28.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Monday at 4:53 PM

R29, do you know where you are? Whether a senator or a convict (See thread titled: "Captured"), hotness will always be the priority 'round these parts.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Monday at 5:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!