Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Pride: Gay Republicans on why they're backing the president

Do not fuck these people.

Long read but some highlights: "My first election was Clinton's second term — and I voted for him," said Rogers, a corporate lawyer in Dallas. "Since then, I've voted for Gore, George W., Obama and Romney."

On Nov. 3, he'll be pulling the lever for Donald Trump for the second time.

“I had every intention of voting for Hillary in 2016, but Comey had released his statement the day before, giving me all sorts of doubts,” Rogers, 44, said. “I wasn't thrilled with Hillary as a nominee, and I don't trust the Clintons at all, but she acted more presidential. At the last minute, I went with Trump and have had no regrets since.”

Phil Kazmierczak, a gay real estate agent in Virginia who said he's "100 percent on board" with the president, blames Democrats for fixating on identity politics. Kazmierczak called Trump a “staunch supporter of gay people and their rights,” but he said he makes a distinction when it comes to religious groups.

For Rogers, Trump’s bona fides with the community aren’t so important.

"I don't base my vote on my being gay. It's not a huge concern for me," he said. "I'm not going to be a victim or try to find the worst thing to complain about. I don't see direct anti-gay rhetoric from the president himself."

Many gay Trump supporters say they're tired of being told what political views are acceptable.

"A lot of people just don't like to be told they can only think a certain way, and that's exactly what the left does," said Bob Kabel, chair of the Log Cabin Republicans, a national gay conservative group. "You're accused of being a racist or a homophobe if you don't agree with everything they say, and a lot of people are just tired of that."

In 2018, Brandon Straka was an unknown gay hairstylist and aspiring actor. After he launched a YouTube video explaining why he had decided to #WalkAway from the Democratic Party, he quickly became a right-wing social media phenomenon, with appearances on Fox News and more than a half-million Twitter followers, including Donald Trump Jr. and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee.

Asked about Trump's attitude toward the LGBTQ community, Kabel offered a series of well-rehearsed talking points: Trump is "the most gay-friendly president," same-sex marriage is settled law, Trump-nominated Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote the pro-LGBTQ decision in Bostock v. Clayton County, Georgia, and the administration is doing great work on HIV/AIDS.

Kabel said he wishes the Republican National Committee would have met this year to update the party's official platform, which still states at least five times that marriage should exclusively be a union of "one man and one woman." But he said he's not worried about a backslide on LGBTQ rights.

"The social conservatives understand that we've won on marriage," he said. "They've lost, we've won, and I think they really play it down now."

Trump's "offered us a real seat at the table," Kabel added, "and I think he deserves a lot of credit for doing that."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 26, 2020 1:40 PM

What the hell is going on with NBC and Trump licking?

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2020 5:09 PM

3 types of republicans. Selfish assholes, racist pricks, stupid cunts. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2020 5:09 PM

Gay Republican = "Please love me, Daddy."

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2020 5:12 PM

R1 the author pushes back with facts in the article but according to the interviewees, "he's the most pro-gay president EVER!"

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2020 5:14 PM

The Trump loving NYC lesbian in the NYMag strikes again - this time, discussed as a dude!

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2020 5:15 PM

A corporate lawyer, a real estate agent, and a Republican activist walk into a bar ... and all are voting for the Republican!!!

Stop the Presses ... or the pixels ... or, oh just stop.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2020 5:17 PM

They’re hoping that if they proclaim their love for God-Emperor loudly enough, they’ll get to design their own re-education camp uniforms.

Blessed be the fruit! Under His eye!

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2020 5:18 PM

Imagine being stupid enough to fall for "But her emails!"

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2020 5:19 PM

Thanks NBC.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2020 5:21 PM

"The social conservatives understand that we've won on marriage," he said. "They've lost, we've won, and I think they really play it down now."

I can never be sure if people actually believe this or if I'm being trolled" (again)

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 5:22 PM

But his bankruptcies. But his taxes. But his huge debts to Russian Oligarchs. But his constant, persistent lying. But his "it's just the flu." But his "drink bleach to get rid of the flu." But his Trump University. But his "charitable" organizations. But his pussy grabbing. But his huge ego. But his fake blond hair and fake tan. But his enormous fat gut and flabby ass. But his sense of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 5:24 PM

Re: their touchingly naïve belief that Christo-fascists are OK with marriage equality now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 5:25 PM

It really makes you wonder what, if anything, needs to happen before these republigays realize that magatts are not their friend.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 5:31 PM

They need to be poor. Really, I think that's it, r13. They live little insulated, corporate toady lives and assume that is all that matters, that nothing can be taken from them because they have money. thousands of people can die, but who gives a shit as long as they aren't sick. Thousands of people have less and less, but fuck it, they got a tax cut. Fortunately, they are more and more irrelevant as what looks like a landslide keeps building against them and their stupid views on everything.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 5:34 PM

R13 I know a Republigay whose partner works for Shapiro's company. They are not rich, but I do not try to understand them. Anyone who hasn't seen him for what he is by now...never will.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 5:38 PM

I think they're fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 5:40 PM

I imagine there were a lot of types like this during the AIDS crisis. Well Reagan gave me a tax cut, and those dirty gays who are dying probably just deserve it. People find a way to cover their greed and stupidity however possible.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2020 5:41 PM

[quote]Many gay Trump supporters say they're tired of being told what political views are acceptable.

Translation: The Democrats are the reason I get to be married and openly gay and the govt can't discriminate against me, but I'm going to pretend that never happened and just whine about the Democrats not letting me discriminate against others.

They benefit from what the left fought for and now show what vermin they truly are.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2020 5:43 PM

SO Brandon Straka also got kicked off a flight for not wearing a mask.

An anti-masker to boot.

All of the people interviewed in this article have a screw loose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2020 5:47 PM

"The Log Cabin Republicans declined to endorse Trump in 2016. When the group announced its support for his second term in August 2019, it triggered a shakeup that led to the resignations of Executive Director Jerri-Ann Henry and others.

Sarah Longwell, the first female chair of the Log Cabin Republicans' national board, also left the group after the endorsement. She helped launch the groups Republican Voters Against Trump and Defending Democracy Together.

Longwell insisted that she still holds traditional Republican beliefs, including "restraint from the executive branch … fiscal responsibility and American leadership in the world where we treat our allies with respect."

The problem with Trump isn't a gay issue, she said; rather, it's an American issue.

“I think Donald Trump is an existential threat to democracy and the country, because [he thinks] the rules don’t apply to him,” said Longwell, 40. “He thinks he’s above the law.”

She blames the president for disregarding the Constitution, cozying up to dictators and putting his own interests first, and said she is frustrated that the GOP has stood by him.

"Republicans should be a party that cares about principles and ideas, not its loyalty to one man," she said."

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2020 5:47 PM

R19 she was a 41 year old aspiring actor (honey, if you havent by now) who realized that playing the puppet would get him fame. See also, Dash, Stacey.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 5:48 PM

[quote]Trump Pride: Gay Republicans on why they're backing the president

These losers? Again?

If I remember correctly they're backing the president had something to do with daddy not fingering them all that well.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 5:49 PM

It shits me when these types blame others for fixating on identity politics when that's exactly what matters when it comes down to who they vote for.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2020 5:51 PM

Identify politics? Does this Kazmarek guy really believe that? This election is about putting sane leadership back into the Whitehouse. I have NEVER voted anything but I was totally prepared to walk away in 2016 and vote for Trump. He spoke to the things I cared most about and the dems did not - they still don’t. One thing stopped me from voting Trump in 2016: he is crazy. He was clearly crazy and you don’t put crazy in the Whitehouse. Mr. Biden May be a mealy mouthed A-hole, but at least he is a SANE mealy mouthed A-hole, and he can hold his and Kampala’s little noses to the wall and if they don’t perform, we can toss them out in 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2020 6:00 PM

R24 here. That’s identity politics, and velvet voted anything but democratic.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote] but Comey had released his statement the day before, giving me all sorts of doubts,” Rogers, 44,

SUPER limited intelligence right there

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2020 6:03 PM

R8 imagine being dumb enough to not understand the severity of the US Secretary of State using a personal email for work????? With the server in the basement of her house???

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2020 6:03 PM

[quote] 3 types of republicans. Selfish assholes, racist pricks, stupid cunts. Thread closed.

Don’t forget WOMEN WHO HATE WOMEN

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2020 6:05 PM

yeah R26 that's the one that floored me. All others had some reasoning, albeit wrong but this one was just plain insane

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2020 6:06 PM

r27, imagine being stupid enough to get the vapors over Clinton's emails, but not Ivanka's or Nikki Haley's....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2020 6:07 PM

YEah, it's almost like someone told him that was a reason to vote for Trump r29, and he didn't want to admit to whatever racist or nonsense reason actually prompted him.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2020 6:07 PM

Here is the irony of "Identity Politics" - its precisely what Trump used to get the support he has. He specifically isolated groups of people, demonized and vilified them specifically based on their "identity." He wouldn't have won the GOP nomination if not for his bigotry and racism based on attacking people for their: I d e n t i t y

He knows zero about the constitution or laws or governing (so let's stop pretending that's the reason predominantly white trash gravitated to him), but he knows how to tweet if a brown guy so much as belches in Europe. Yet nothing to say about a white who commits a mass shooting right here at home.

Fuck these cunts and I only wish they were made exclusively to live under Republican rule. Scum of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2020 6:10 PM

r32, yep! White supremacist groups like The Proud Boys are the definition of identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2020 6:20 PM

The only attorney named Jason Rogers in Dallas that I could find was this one - and he's the right age.

He works as Global Immigration counsel for companies. Y'know - how to hire people to work in other countries - probably for less money than local rates.

He's fucking LYING if he says he's not political - his whole practice is getting around immigration policies and VISAs. He's not working to get poor, undocumented people to get documentation status in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2020 6:22 PM

Oh yes r32 it was Trump who used identity politics to get elected, sure! We all know the left is completely based on identity politics and cultural Marxism..blacks, gays and women have been oppressed by the majority white straight men who must be defeated. That’s the entirety of the Democratic Party which is run and funded by old white straight men.

R30 sure lets compare ambassador to the UN Nikki's one day slip up of forgetting her classified password to 4 years of Secretary of State Hillary using alleged email address hdr22@clintonemail.com to her personal server in the basement of her house.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2020 6:32 PM

Gay men won't do anything because they are too busy groveling and giving passes to Trump gays as long as they're hot and got ripped bodies.

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2020 6:34 PM

Yet another reason we hate NY. They made this monster.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2020 6:36 PM

r35, that's bullshit and you know it. Haley used her private email. So did Ivanka (whom you didn't even mention).

You know you don't have an argument when you refer to the left as "Marxist" - if "the left" is so against straight white men they why did we choose a straight white man to be our nominee? You are dumb

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2020 6:36 PM

I mean, one of the more virulent “white nationalist” (i.e. fascist) groups is *literally* called “Identity Evropa.”

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2020 6:39 PM

pssst, don't tell r35, but blacks, women, and gays have been oppressed by straight white men. It'll blow what's left of her little mind.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2020 6:40 PM

But of course, to white supremacists, white isn't an identity. It's just, ya know, normal. Voting white, over and over and over again as so many Republicans have done through the decades, is never Identity Politics. It's just normal politics.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2020 6:43 PM

I would be curious if anyone has an actual, positive reason to vote FOR Trump. What problem or problems do you think he would solve in the next 4 years, and what gives you confidence that he would actually solve them?

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2020 6:48 PM

R38, they aren’t against straight white men that’s the fucking point! They only use that as a means to divide and appeal to an endless subset of minorities when in fact, they don’t give a fuck about them. You really think they care about transgender bathrooms? You really think they care about black people with the policies they’ve enacted for decades?

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2020 6:55 PM

who is "they" r43. Democrats tend to be in a coalition party. Gays and yes, transgender, are part of it. Blacks are part of it. Women, or more specifically feminists, are part of it. Many of us do care about each other's issues. Some of us just see the utility of working together for everybody's issues. And sure, there are definitely fights and squabbles within. Plus there is a feeling that the whole economy has gotten way too top heavy and seems to work only for the rich, really.

The Republicans have a different mindset altogether, especially lately. The mindset, is everything is fine as long as straight white men, and especially wealthy straight white men are fine. Everyone else is a bit of an annoyance. Some hate minorities, some are simply indifferent, but as a party there is always a reluctance to actually do anything about any minority group's issues unless you absolutely have to, generally by court order. For gays in particular, Christian Evangelical grievances, like say the existence of gay people, far outweighs any consideration of actual gay grievances.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2020 7:03 PM

R42 half of the country does. Example, people who are pro-life and anti-globalist, they have reasons. Trumps defunding of PP and his executive order to save infants that are born alive after an abortion are reasons.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2020 7:09 PM

"I'm with Jews for Hitler. We especially love Mr. Hitler's ingenious infrastructure plan that would build shelters all around Germany that could be used as temporary housing for our most vulnerable if war breaks out."

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2020 7:10 PM

Those seem like fantasies r45. Planned Parenthood actually prevents abortions by providing birth control. The Pro-Life Movement, which is really the Christian Fanatic movement, hates both, so they miss the point, but practically speaking, the less birth control the more abortion.

An executive order to save infants born alive after an abortion is just a publicity stunt pretending to solve something that either doesn't happen at all or only happens in rare and tragic circumstances that will never be "solved" by simply ordering that those circumstances cease.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2020 7:15 PM

Don’t tell r40 but the people touting that are white straight men who don’t give a fuck about that and are only using that for votes and power...that’s what her mind is not getting!

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2020 7:16 PM

He’s the most gay friendly president we’ve ever had!

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2020 7:18 PM

So that never happened r48. No oppression ever. Just fantasy, created in a lab deep underneath the DNC.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2020 7:19 PM

Lol at pro-life and anti-globalist. They don't care about babies, they care about punishing women for having sex. And rich women will always have access to abortion.

Anti-globalist? It's the 21st century. Everything is connected. You cannot be isolationist in the modern world. It does not work.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2020 7:21 PM

R43, who is "they"? A lot of Democrats are black or Latino themselves, so how can you say they're against minorities?

I'd say the people who don't really give a shit about transgender bathrooms are Republicans....I bet a lot of them have never even met a trans person. They just do shit like that to pander to the "base"

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2020 7:22 PM

Also, how many Chinese patents does Ivanka have now?

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2020 7:22 PM

Already had R35 on ignore

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2020 7:24 PM

Just for you r 35.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2020 7:27 PM

Buttery Males!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2020 7:28 PM

Only the best people. 217 indictments..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2020 7:30 PM

Too lazy to google, but wasn't it at Mar-A-Lago in the first year of his sham presidency that he was loudly talking about something classified in front of guests and using his unsecured phone? Something with NK. I can't recall the details.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2020 7:30 PM

R47 PP employees have been widely exposed for their endless push for abortions including employees being given targets to hit the quota...these are facts that you’re calling fantasies. They are expected to encourage people who come in and have second thoughts about going through with an abortion. Infants born alive after failed abortions has also been exposed from PP and the infant is left on the table to die...fact! Even if these cases are rare, they deserve attention, more so than transgender bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2020 7:31 PM

Boy, the MAGAt must be a on a roll. There's like nine posts I can't see.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2020 7:36 PM

R59 - Bullshit. Source for this? You're reading too many conspiracy websites. Seriously.

You sound insane.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2020 7:37 PM

R59 is repeating MAGA propaganda.

If you don't like the fact that abortion is legal in America....move! Oops, too bad the countries that ban abortion are mostly "shitholes"

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2020 7:38 PM

You are making the very, very serious error r59 of believing anything that comes from Veritas or other wingnut propaganda outlets, designed to stir YOU up in precisely the way you imagine Democrats stirring up them blacks and browns. These are wingnut fantasies and nothing more. Based on the uber wingnut fantasy that no woman ever actually wants an abortion. She has to be tricked by the abortion industry into wanting one, because never, ever, ever in the history of God's own US of A would any (white) woman voluntarily go through abortion.

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2020 7:39 PM

They're usually liars and tax cheats who like a rigged system in their favor. They like to present an image that they can control and it's all made up (lies) which they perceive can enhance their status in life and in business. Just like Trump's dear best bro. Roy Cohn, worlds most hateful liar and harasser.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2020 7:40 PM

very much so r64, and invariably entangled in government power and regulation right up to the point it begins to benefit somebody other than themselves and other rich twats.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2020 7:44 PM

IDIOT PRIDE PARADES

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2020 7:45 PM

IDIOT TRUMP RALLIES!

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2020 7:47 PM

R61 why not look into the story of Abby Johnson, I’m sure you’ll find a reason to excuse her story but that’s an easy source. She’s a pro-life advocate who was a Director at PP and was involved in possibly thousands of abortions.

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2020 7:49 PM

R62 well that’s a dumb argument, did you apply to when gay marriage was not legal a few years ago? How about to now when America is allegedly systemically racist, should non-whites move?

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2020 7:53 PM

R68 - Abby Johnsons's stories have been debunked many times. Seriously - you've drank the Kool-Aid. You're just believing it all, aren't you, without questioning or looking up facts.

You really need to get your head out of the sand - if you are actually a real person and not some troll.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2020 7:55 PM

hmmm, might be a little more to Abby Johnson than noble crusader against the evil Planned Parenthood. Might just have a bit of the wingnut grifter in her.

And of course, she's anti-contraception, because it is never just about abortion. It is always the whole stupid "anti-slut" agenda beloved by Christian fanatics everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2020 7:57 PM

R51 being anti-globalist doesn’t mean not being connected! Legal controlled immigration exists which no one is opposed to. The opposition is to open borders and jobs being taken to foreign countries. If you think your values and way of life are under threat now with Trump which is rubbish really, just wait until you have open borders...the anti-Muslim sentiment in Europe is very strong and is the result of integration problems. Controlled immigration is about having outsiders come in and accept the way of life they find and integrate to it. Cultural differences are real and there has to be a way to manage them where immigration is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2020 8:01 PM

And the thing is Trump will flail around, make a lot of noise, institute some tariffs that nobody thinks make sense, flail around some more, give some money to farmers because his policies turn out to suck, then scream at the universe and descend into self-pity. There is good reason to look at limits to free trade, and intelligent, rational people are needed to do that.

Same with immigration, except there even the rational Republicans are stymied by the baboons in their base who only want to hear that Mexicans are evil and everyone who isn't white should get out of the country. Again, Trump has no actual plan for immigration, just a lot of noise and acts of cruelty and stupidity, and once again, the usual flailing around and descent into self pity when screaming at the problem doesn't work.

he is simply useless in every way and on every actual problem.

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2020 8:05 PM

I am repeating my post for the benefit of R35 and the "but Hillary's emails" bullshit:

But his bankruptcies. But his taxes. But his huge debts to Russian Oligarchs. But his constant, persistent lying. But his "it's just the flu." But his "drink bleach to get rid of the flu." But his Trump University. But his "charitable" organizations. But his pussy grabbing. But his huge ego. But his fake blond hair and fake tan. But his enormous fat gut and flabby ass. But his sense of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2020 8:08 PM

R70 her stories have been debunked as much as Leah Remini’s stories against Scientology. Hardly surprising that people speaking out about powerful organizations would experience opposition to their stories. Forget all the times when PP employees have been caught and exposed on mic, secretly recorded. Anyway, all this was to say that these are the reasons that the people voting for Trump are voting for him, you don’t have to accept their reasons.

by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2020 8:10 PM

^ Also:

But his racism. But his support for the Proud Boys. But his refusal to condemn QAnon.

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2020 8:11 PM

In all seriousness: Forget whether or not you like Biden, forget Dem v Rep: Why in the hell should anyone respect you for being a Trump supporter when it only cements you as a repugnant individual? You need to accept that you are fucking garbage. Your "opinion" is meaningless the moment you support scum of the earth like Trump.

You've chosen to reject any modicum of decency by supporting someone who never had any.

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2020 8:16 PM

True r75, and some people are voting for him because they think he is single-handedly saving the world from an international pedophile ring led by Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks. I guess I don't accept their reasons either.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2020 8:21 PM

r76 but no one, even republicans are blind to Trump’s personality problems. It’s policy over personality and quite frankly Hillary’s lies have way more gravity than his. Trump’s lies are similar to the lies of a sales person, it’s embellished truth mixed with ego. Everyone can see through it and accept the level of lies they’re comfortable with. Who gives a shit if he won’t show us his taxes or if he’s broke.there’s no evidence that he has fallen prey to Russians because of it, not anymore so than the Clinton's with their foundation. Hillary’s lies are so deceptive, you only see them 4 years later and you’re like “she did what?”. What she did with her emails could not even be a plot line for a spy movie because it’s that stupid and unthinkable. She was probably hacked by every country on earth including Somalia.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2020 8:22 PM

This sad scary Queen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2020 8:23 PM

So Wayfair selling kids is true, but an actual court case involving a 13 year old accusing Trump of rape and the pics/video of Trump, Gislaine and Epstein don't exist with the "red pill" crowd.

If you expect your conspiracy to be taken seriously, it shouldn't reveal what a political fucking hack you obviously are.

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2020 8:25 PM

If you really believe that around 100,000,000 Americans are "repugnant" the I am here to tell YOU that you are ill. Consider getting your heads out of your asses, forget this hate tantrum and give Trump another term. Of course most of you just reallly, really, really hate our country, so be it.

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2020 8:28 PM

R81 unfortunately, Bill was on that plane 27 times, way more than Trump. What’s your point again?

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2020 8:28 PM

complete opposite r79. Hillary's lies are the normal, mainstream exaggerations and spin and shading that politicians have done forever.

Trump's lies are completely divorced from reality. Fantasies about how awesome he is, what great shape he is in, how rich he is, how he is totally self financing and not in debt to anyone, how he had no business dealings in Russia or anywhere else that would affect his outlook on anything, how serious Covid is or isn't. There is just never any connection between what Trump is saying and what Trump is thinking or what he actually knows or has heard or anything else.

it is all fantasy and self-promotion to the point of idiocy, and sometimes actually dangerous, as during a pandemic. There is nothing Trump can ever be believed about, nothing ever. You always have to assume he's lying for some self-interested reason. That is far, far beyond the spin that every President has engaged in.

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2020 8:29 PM

R79, that's some bullshit right there. No wrongdoing was found in the Clinton foundation but Trump and his kids used their charity to steal money from children with cancer.

And the number of people who voted for Trump isn't close to 100 million

by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2020 8:30 PM

R83, no, it wasn't 27 times and Bill wasn't the one who said "I wish her well" to Ghislaine Maxwell

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2020 8:35 PM

I think R82 is quite fucking repugnant, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Not to mention he/she/it being a dirtball scumbag, just like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2020 8:36 PM

Trump called @KamalaHarris a "monster" yet he wishes prolific serial child rapist and sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell well. Interesting....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2020 8:37 PM

Yeah, that must be it. Prevent a completely incompetent oaf and buffoon and sociopath from being president because we hate the country.

Seems the opposite might be true. Why would anyone want to inflict this oafish, buffoonish sociopath on a country?

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2020 8:39 PM

The guy quoted by Op, apparently a corporate lawyer, should know that the Trump Administration has presented amicus briefs to SCOTUS to allow discrimination against gays in the workplace (thankfully Trump lost), to allow tax funded religious adoption agencies to deny adoptions to gays (SCOTUS case pending), and allow the denying of market services to gays if the owners of companies so desire (SCOTUS punted).

Trump publicly said prior to the election that he was against gay marriage and would seat SCOTUS justices to overturn it.

It's some willful ignorance to pretend all that didn't exist and say that Trump is somehow pro-gay.

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2020 8:44 PM

You know what I really hate about ass clowns like R82: if you don't like the bullshit their shoving out, you're automatically unpatriotic and hate America.

Anybody with half a brain is on to your shit, R82, your fake ass patriotism and your fake religious piety

You, Trump and the Republicans can shove your fake religion and your fake patriotism up you old, fat, white, entitled, prolapsed assholes.

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2020 8:44 PM

Well in fairness Trump isn't pro anything except pro-Trump. I don't think he particularly hates us. He is just completely indifferent to us and our lives and our rights as he is completely indifferent to almost everyone else's (although he does really hate Puerto Ricans, blacks, and Mexicans, and any hot woman who isn't dying to fuck him -- so all of them).

by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2020 8:46 PM

[quote] Trump’s lies are similar to the lies of a sales person, it’s embellished truth mixed with ego. Everyone can see through it and accept the level of lies they’re comfortable with.

He's the president of the US. That level of narcissistic lying is unacceptable in that role.

And where exactly would "It's a hoax. Covid will just disappear" fit in your apologist thinking?

by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2020 8:46 PM

[quote] Hillary’s lies are so deceptive, you only see them 4 years later and you’re like “she did what?”. What she did with her emails could not even be a plot line for a spy movie because it’s that stupid and unthinkable. She was probably hacked by every country on earth including Somalia.

What Hillary lies exactly?

Of all the email hacking in government servers, personal server seems to be the only one NOT hacked by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 94October 15, 2020 8:49 PM

[quote] Who gives a shit if he won’t show us his taxes or if he’s broke

We care because, as we now know, he pushes policies that will enrich him.

by Anonymousreply 95October 15, 2020 8:50 PM

Trump lies about everything...it's not a salesman embellishment fib. His lies are malicious and do real harm. He cons people out of money, he lies to the IRS to rip off the country, he tells people to, "get out there and don't be afraid" of covid and lies about the real risk of dying and suffering that can happen. He cheats on his wives (all three of them), he walks out on tough questions. He lied and said he had REAL evidence Obama wasn't from the US. The few things that have actually gone right (very few, by the way) he had nothing to do with. He let the RNC and Moscow Mitch chart the plan of action.

by Anonymousreply 96October 15, 2020 8:50 PM

[quote] there’s no evidence that he has fallen prey to Russians

Except that he helped the Russians launder money through his businesses and refuses to say even one bad word about Putin. WHY?

by Anonymousreply 97October 15, 2020 8:51 PM

R92 I agree. I don't think he hates us (aside from those of us who aren't white), but he knows pandering to homophobes will give him power. Picking Bible Thumper Pence?

by Anonymousreply 98October 15, 2020 8:52 PM

I have R82 on ignore, but I see from other posters, he responded to my 'repugnant' comment.

100M people DID NOT vote for Trump. If you are a TRUMP supporter, you are repugnant. If you're a Republican against Trump, you are not repugnant. I may disagree with you, but at least you have enough sense to know a steaming pile of shit when you see it.

Repugnant, immoral, odious, garbage, racist, bigot, low-life - take your pick, but to a normal person, you embody all of those things if you support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 99October 15, 2020 8:52 PM

My former friend always voted Republican even though he is gay. I once asked him, around 1992 or so when they were doing that "culture war" and "family values" stuff, why he voted for them. His answer: "I'm just in it for the money." He wanted tax cuts, and nothing else mattered to him.

by Anonymousreply 100October 15, 2020 8:52 PM

The vaccine will be released before the election! Open the schools! You don't need to wear a mask!

Just a salesman talking?

by Anonymousreply 101October 15, 2020 8:52 PM

Trump is a white supremacist who is using his position to enrich himself, his friends, and his supports.

He doesn't give shit about the rest of the country.

Those things alone make him unfit to be president,

And then there are all the stances he's taken against LGBTQ rights to appease the Evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 102October 15, 2020 8:54 PM

"Who gives a shit if he won’t show us his taxes or if he’s broke."

I care, just like I would if I was going to hire you as an accountant or investment manager and I find out you're flat ass broke and in hock up to your eyeballs. I wouldn't hire you in a million years. Do you honestly think if Trump's broke and up to his fat, white ass in debt to the Russians it shouldn't matter to us? Seriously?

Just how stupid are you?

by Anonymousreply 103October 15, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote] My former friend always voted Republican even though he is gay. I once asked him, around 1992 or so when they were doing that "culture war" and "family values" stuff, why he voted for them. His answer: "I'm just in it for the money." He wanted tax cuts, and nothing else mattered to him.

I too know ignorant people who think this way. Sure, they get a few dollars off their taxes while the uber wealthy save billions.

They are the first to complain when the roads aren't fixed or the number of homeless go up.

They are all interlinked.

by Anonymousreply 104October 15, 2020 8:55 PM

r82 You all get an A+ in name calling. I don't even particularly like Trump, however I can see that the rational self-interest of our system has been working better than most. I like it and want to keep it. If that makes me repugnant fine, but all the name calling just gives away how bamboozled the leftists have gotten you.

by Anonymousreply 105October 15, 2020 8:59 PM

"I have a beautiful healthcare plan that will offer better coverage AND be cheaper than Obama Care ready to go on day one!!"

Even now he get out there and says, "My plan will fully cover pre-existing conditions". He recently has been claiming he "saved Social Security, even though he cut it's income with his cleverly named, meant to deceive, "Payroll Tax Cut" Liar Liar Liar

by Anonymousreply 106October 15, 2020 9:00 PM

well, okay then, r105. The rational self interest of having an incompetent buffoon in charge, a pandemic killing over 200,000 people, an economy falling apart, chaos and social unrest is ... working to own the libs? I see you really are a Trumpista at heart. Thank you for clarifying.

by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2020 9:02 PM

r82 I'm sorry. This seems hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2020 9:05 PM

I only see the Trumplodyte if you all respond to it and I laugh every time. This fool going on about liberals name-calling in defense of Name-caller-in-Chief Trump is like defending a crackhead by telling someone who takes a Centrum they're the drug addict

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2020 9:06 PM

This isn't just my opinion, this is what most of the entire world believe, and it's what everyone...every single person including present day Trump supporters will believe: Trump was the greatest failure, embarrassment, fuck up, nightmare, con man grifter EVER to be elected. You gullible stooges might not say it now...but you will...believe me, you will. And you're probably going to deny every being in his camp.

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2020 9:11 PM

We’ll just see about that gay marriage “settled law” my pretties!

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2020 9:14 PM

R105, your boy Trump calls people names all the time. He called Kamala Harris a monster. Now you're against name-calling?

by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2020 9:23 PM

Yeah r110. OK, we'll be the ones in back of the bus. Waaaaay in the back I have a feeling.

by Anonymousreply 113October 15, 2020 9:24 PM

No, r113, you would never allow that. You'll demand the front of the bus no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 114October 15, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote] Many gay Trump supporters say they're tired of being told what political views are acceptable.

I hear this a lot. On Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2020 9:59 PM

Mike Pence thinks homosexuality can be cured through prayer. Trump picked this guy to be his running mate.

by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2020 10:00 PM

[quote]Many gay Trump supporters say they're tired of being told what political views are acceptable.

yes, just as every homophobe is tired of being told their homophobia is unacceptable

Every racist is tired of being told their racism is unacceptable

Every misogynist, etc.

Yeah, you may find that your stupid political views are sometimes called stupid, and even unacceptable. it could happen.

by Anonymousreply 117October 15, 2020 10:05 PM

Democrats are the Mexican)black party. White gays need to support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2020 10:19 PM

More division from a Trumper. How about just you go to your comfortable white/trump haven?

by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2020 10:23 PM

One thing both sides have is this: We all have powermongering, moneywhores after something from us. Our vote, our taxes, our church offerings, our personal data etc. What if both sides just said Fuck-off. The census asshole tried to track me down, I'm like get the fuck away from me. You're the same one whoes gonna come later and wanna know , Where's my well?...Where's my septic? How many guns?....FUCK OFF!

by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2020 10:51 PM

R13 - not until the day they die.

by Anonymousreply 121October 16, 2020 12:15 AM

[quote] We’ll just see about that gay marriage “settled law” my pretties! —Judge Amy, cackling and stroking her chin

Hey, you'll be lucky if we only overturn Obergefell. I'm currently side-eying Lawrence v. Texas and studying my mentor's masterful, angry dissent.

by Anonymousreply 122October 16, 2020 6:23 AM

A cover version of "True Colors" from that piece of human excrement and Covid denier Brandon Straka:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 16, 2020 6:30 AM

R123: In 2018, Brandon Straka was an unknown gay hairstylist and aspiring actor.

HA!

by Anonymousreply 124October 16, 2020 7:33 AM

I didn't know he was a singer.

by Anonymousreply 125October 16, 2020 4:51 PM

^ Can Cyndi sue him for that?

by Anonymousreply 126October 16, 2020 5:52 PM

She's not going to sue a gay guy for singing her song

by Anonymousreply 127October 16, 2020 10:31 PM

R127, she'd sue for a Republican using it to promote Trump

by Anonymousreply 128October 16, 2020 10:46 PM

Somebody on this thread has seriously gone down the Trump rabbit hole and has abandoned all sense of reality. Imagine thinking that Trump is anti-globalist, just because he says so!

by Anonymousreply 129October 16, 2020 11:07 PM

R129, I find it far more hilarious that these idiots are so concerned with pedophilia that they ignore Trump, Epstein and Maxwell have more pictures/video together than an instaho.

Kind of hard to take your conspiracy theory seriously when your concern for children is determined by political ideology.

by Anonymousreply 130October 16, 2020 11:13 PM

Pedophilia?

by Anonymousreply 131October 16, 2020 11:18 PM

R131, QAnon claims every Democrat is raping kids or drinking their blood, yet ignore that there was an actual court case against Trump by a 13yo or the countless times Trump and Epstein have been seen together. Imagine the hysterics if it were Obama standing next to Epstein in such a jovial way.

by Anonymousreply 132October 16, 2020 11:50 PM

Get your glitter ready, Weho!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 21, 2020 11:17 PM

Let's ask all the Gays For Trump what they think about him nominating homophobe Amy Coney Barrett

by Anonymousreply 134October 21, 2020 11:23 PM

R134 they never have a good excuse for homophobic running mate Mike Pence

by Anonymousreply 135October 21, 2020 11:26 PM

r134 - they're thrilled, because it means a lot of poor people will lose their health coverage AND will be forced to have babies they can't afford.

They love it when people suffer.

Trumpism is a death cult.

by Anonymousreply 136October 21, 2020 11:37 PM

Who are the social media star in R133's link?

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2020 1:37 AM

Trump is perfect. Socialism does not work. We need our police.

by Anonymousreply 138October 25, 2020 4:50 AM

r138, Biden's not a "socialist"

by Anonymousreply 139October 25, 2020 4:51 AM

What a surprise I already had the moron/138 on ignore

by Anonymousreply 140October 25, 2020 4:54 AM

I can relate a little. Trump is neither a christian nor anti-gay. I was never worried about gay rights (well....until he elected amy barett). It's more the racist things he says that keeps me away

by Anonymousreply 141October 25, 2020 5:00 AM

You weren't worried about gay rights when he chose Mike Pence as his running mate?!!!

by Anonymousreply 142October 25, 2020 5:02 AM

No... the VP doesn't have any power. Trump himself never talks about gay marriage. He is much more openly racist and has advocated racist policies in the past four years, than anything related to lgb

by Anonymousreply 143October 25, 2020 5:06 AM

R143 and he surrounds himself with and appoints people who DO hate us

by Anonymousreply 144October 25, 2020 5:12 AM

R138 Perfect? What Russian trollfarm are you operating from?

by Anonymousreply 145October 25, 2020 5:20 AM

when fidel castro took power, many gays also celabrated and supported him, fidel also showed afrocuban religious nacklaces only to persecute gays right after he took power and prohibit religion.

by Anonymousreply 146October 25, 2020 5:29 AM

R138 You need help.

by Anonymousreply 147October 25, 2020 5:33 AM

Time to put the cap back on the vodka bottle r146. You’re not making a lick of sense.

by Anonymousreply 148October 25, 2020 7:29 AM

Masha, Dasha, and Olga gurl?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 25, 2020 7:34 AM

Trump's not racist and it's not racist to have police or to guard the border. Poor people are dangerous including women and children, Especially when they are in the billions. As America turns brown, gays will be the first to be tortured and killed. Vote Trump to avoid the chaos Biden would bring.

by Anonymousreply 150October 25, 2020 12:57 PM

[quote] when fidel castro took power, many gays also celabrated and supported him

No, they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 151October 25, 2020 1:06 PM

Most gays are successful people who understand that Trump is good for the economy and keeping taxes down. Most of us have a secret crush on Trump. He has always been insanely beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 152October 25, 2020 1:12 PM

I’m glad our Log Cabin posters found this thread so they could get together and share their delusions with each other

by Anonymousreply 153October 25, 2020 3:04 PM

I like when they gather because I find them tiresome and they make it easier to put them on ignore. It seems I already have 152 on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 154October 25, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote]He has always been insanely beautiful.

Insane, yes.

by Anonymousreply 155October 25, 2020 5:25 PM

Democrats might be more generous to gays but Democrats are too radical. We need borders and police and economy military. Trump made it look easy but no wars or terrorism during his watch was no fluke. He scared the crap out of our enemies. His wife is beautiful .

by Anonymousreply 156October 26, 2020 12:03 PM

His wife is a prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 157October 26, 2020 1:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!