Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump is winning the voter registration battle against Biden in key states

It may not be enough to erase the former VP's polling lead but could boost the president if the race tightens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 31, 2020 3:41 AM

He’s only a pretend president

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2020 3:13 PM

Hmmm, it's from NBC. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2020 3:20 PM

An increase in voter registration due to trumps ground operations may have unintended consequences for him. He might be motivating unregistered voters who want him out of office.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2020 3:21 PM

That article was even less informative than I thought it would be, and the conclusion is the exact opposite of the headline.

[quote]Trump's voter registration edge alone wouldn't be nearly sufficient to offset the leads Biden is posting in polls of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and probably Arizona. But if the race tightens or there's a substantial polling error, Trump's superior base growth could make a difference in a few tight states

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2020 3:24 PM

Gee, I wonder why the OP posted a 2-WEEK OLD ARTICLE?

Could it be Boris is trying to deflect from Biden's bounce after the Supreme Court power grab and Trump's idiotic COVID-19 contraction and super spreading?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2020 3:43 PM

R5, give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2020 3:45 PM

Please stop scaring me. I can't even watch the debates and the Amy hearings live. I'd have to hide behind a pillow.

Maybe I can watch the Biden Town Hall - that sounds pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2020 3:47 PM

Democrats trouncing Republicans in early voting in Florida!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2020 3:54 PM

Only because half of the dumb people who go to his rallies just realized they need to be registered.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2020 3:55 PM

Is there a reason NBC doesn't tell us the source of their data?

In September, Democrats lead Republicans in voter registration per The Hill (can't link to it) and a couple weeks ago there was an article based on TargetSmart data showing the change in overall registered voters in some states. Their conclusion was that the gap was closing but it still favored Dems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 4:02 PM

Go stuff your face with borscht, Ludmila!

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 4:09 PM

Why aren't these people registered already? They must be the people in Pennsyltucky who wrote their birthday in the blank asking for today's date.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 4:09 PM

I highly, HIGHLY doubt this will make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 4:11 PM

How is Trump winning the registration battle? Am I missing something? When I registered they never asked me what party or who I was voting for. Just because someone registers to vote, doesn't mean they are voting for one or the other. Is this different in other states?

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 4:12 PM

In New York State you enroll in a party upon registration. You can also be independent. (Not to be confused with the NYS Independence Party which is the third largest party in the state because morons...well you know the rest.)

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 5:33 PM

R5 Your thought process is what will contribute to a Trump win.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 5:52 PM

I guess they are assuming all those registering as a republican will vote for Trump. How else can they come up with this conclusion?

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 1:20 AM

Yeah, like they can't imagine that Republicans are registering specifically to vote Trump out, because of how he has shamed them and destroyed the country.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2020 1:27 AM

Even with newly registered voters, tRump’s dismal poll numbers could have the effect of depressing turnout by regular Repubs who were contemplating a vote for Cheatolini. Oh, the cult members will crawl over glass shards to vote for their Dear Leader. But there aren’t enough of them to get him in.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2020 1:31 AM

I'm not going to lie, the voter registration thing has made me a little bit Susan Collins. But I'm going to trust that they know what they doing by not doing the door knocking and more in person registration events.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2020 1:37 AM

I’m Concerned too because the Repubs outregistered us in FL, NC, and PA. We should have been on our A game there

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2020 1:47 AM

Why would anyone want to miss the exquisite feeling of ousting Trump out of our White House? The celebrating is going to be like New Years' Eve.

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2020 1:51 AM

I’m sure this was a Trump effort so these new voters will go into his column. Florida and NC could be decided by them.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2020 1:55 AM

I am from NC and skeptical we will win it. After 2008, polls have consistently underestimated the Republican vote. Their votes come out of the cornfields and mountains to vote, while our base sits at home eating bon bons. Republicans almost always get three or four more points than the polls indicate here

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2020 2:01 AM

Seems like it would be more accurate to say the polls underestimated the Electoral College.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2020 2:22 AM

I imagine all the fraudulent voter registrations Republcians are trying to get away with.

by Anonymousreply 26October 31, 2020 3:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!