Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Farmer in India Worshiped Trump as a God ... With Predictable Results

Apologies if there's already a thread on these very tragic events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2020 9:53 PM

I know it makes me a bad person, but this is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2020 11:26 PM

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2020 11:29 PM

Physically fit, eh?

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2020 11:52 PM

I read the post title as "Indiana Farmer," which frankly makes more sense.

I was not at all prepared for images of an Indian man worshipping Trump at his homemade shrine.

Interesting that the doctors say there was no link between his fasting and his death. Can you imagine being this distraught over Trump having an illness?

Maybe indulging mental illness in our friends and family is not always for the best.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2020 12:00 AM

I do wonder if India is where a lot of troll-farm-work gets outsourced...

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2020 12:04 AM

The article references this statue of our beloved vairst lady, sculpted in her hometown, yet sadly set on fire.

It's been replaced with a bronze statue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2020 12:07 AM

R5 Interesting. I hadn't thought of that before.

I wonder how I can get a job destabilizing a foreign nation through social media trolling.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2020 12:09 AM

Monotheism doesn't look so bad now, does it?

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2020 5:04 AM

Is this a branch of Thugee?

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2020 5:09 AM

R6 That's not the one. It's a statue of Donald, and he has vampire teeth.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 5:18 AM

This is not unusual at all in India. Hinduism has millions of gods and goddesses, and new gods are created every day out of all kinds of things. It's common for people to burn incense in front of Bollywood movie posters, for example.

In 1972, a movie director created a move called "Hail Mother Santoshi", in which he invented a new goddess, Santoshi, who symbolized women's empowerment. The goddess "caught on" and Santoshi became an actual goddess in the pantheon who is now worshiped throughout India.

The concept of "divine" isn't so exclusive, but more like the Japanese kami or spirits who are attached to all kinds of everyday things. To call this farmer dumb or crazy is to see him through our own cultural lens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 5:20 AM

Moo, that's what you get when you stop worshiping us!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 5:26 AM

How many brain cells does this guy have? Naan.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 5:51 AM

Hoping to God that tons of deplorable start building shrines!

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 5:55 AM

Yes R11 - it’s not ridiculous at all ....

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 6:01 AM

CULT.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 6:07 AM

[quote] I do wonder if India is where a lot of troll-farm-work gets outsourced...

No, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2020 6:10 AM

Lots of Indians support Trump

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2020 6:18 AM

Nationalist Indian Hindus and US rightwing Republicans have a lot in common, particularly when it comes to muslims and trump.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2020 7:45 AM

What a good man. May his soul went to Indian heaven and mer on of his many Indian god.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2020 7:51 AM

There are no words.....

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 7:59 AM

Trump is making lucrative contacts all around the world for his post-POTUS venture$.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 8:03 AM

I love a nice feel-good story like this!

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2020 8:19 AM

Indians also love Hitler, so I'm surprised there isn't a full on Trump cult.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2020 8:24 AM

Frankly, looking at the farmer, the fast could only have improved his health. Something else killed him.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2020 1:31 PM

People who worship any God or think any human deserve worship are fucking nuts, there might or might not be a God but clearly there is no God that created any religion or gives a single shit whether you worship it or not.

It is amazing how many things the right complained about the left doing when Obama was President, like claiming the left worshiped Obama, that they are now doing for Trump. The right complained that Obama was destroying America, but it is Trump that is destroying America. They said Obama was dividing America but it is Trump who is actively dividing us.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2020 3:13 PM

There are 1 billion people in India. Some of them are bound to be screwy

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2020 3:57 PM

I wonder if Trump has asked for that statue, it is skinnier than Trump and the hands are larger than Trump's, like most Trump cult worshipers he has an unrealistic idea of what Trump is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2020 9:20 PM

The loser god that failed.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2020 9:22 PM

And his name was Bussa...

You can't make this dhit up.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2020 9:24 PM

scripted propaganda

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2020 9:26 PM

To me the statue looks more like Pence than Trump. Maybe that's what did the farmer in?

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2020 9:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!