Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Using Their Celebrity To Endorse Trump - Kristy Swanson, Dean Cain, Scott Baio & Isaiah Washington

Former Lois and Clark actor Dean Cain, gave his perspective: “There’s no compassion. They’re so hypocritical, it’s unreal. They just don’t like the man.”

Actress Kristy Swanson asked, “Why is it not OK in Hollywood to be a conservative?”

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer star said she hopes for change.

“I feel that it’s time to set the example of let’s just all get along, ya know?” she said. “We can learn from each other. We don’t have to hate each other.”

When it was Charles in Charge star Baio’s turn, he was much less conciliatory: “If you’re not hiring me because I’m a conservative, shame on you. If there’s a civil war, then don’t forget who has all the guns.”

He also lamented, “It bothers me that people won’t speak to me, because I’m a Trump guy.”

Isaiah Washington offered a theory on why the entertainment industry opposes Trump, who starred in the reality competition The Apprentice for more than a decade. “So what I’ve seen with the media, who is notorious for having a nasty, dirty, low-life Hollyweird behavior, attack this man because he’s the president, I begin to put it together: Ah, he knows their secrets. I would be a little nervous too,” the former Grey’s Anatomy actor said.

Also speaking out Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Robert Davi,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2020 8:17 PM

Swanson is a disgusting homophobe and Trump cult follower with a Twitter feed to match. Yesterday she said that Mayor Pete suffers from PMS. She has had trouble finding work because she can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2020 2:29 PM

More stars than there are in Branson!

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2020 2:32 PM

A veritable " Who cares?" of stardom.

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2020 2:41 PM

Compassion? Compassion for an evil grifter who has never shown compassion for anyone?

No thank you

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2020 2:48 PM

The use the term "celebrity" rather loosely

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2020 2:48 PM

Superman, Buffy and Chachi was the best they could do??

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2020 10:18 AM

More hypocrisy from the right. Whatever happened to “shut up and act”? People whining because they’re in the minority when they exhibit no empathy for minorities. Conservatives love to label Hollywood as liberal, but it’s OK for Nashville to be conservative because they’re real Americans.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2020 10:31 AM

There is a tradition of real conservatives in Hollywood— remember Ronald Reagan? Jimmy Stewart? Charlton Heston? Also being conservative hasn’t held back Kelsey Grammar, Clint Eastwood among others—so maybe Chachi and friends need to figure out what else makes them pariahs.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2020 10:43 AM

So where's Shonda Rhimes, defending Isaiah Washington over T.R. Knight now?

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2020 10:53 AM

These flops couldn't fill a 30 seat dinner theater in Jacksonville, FL - PRE-COVID.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2020 10:56 AM

A cacophony of cunts.

They’re on the negative C list, at best.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2020 11:07 AM

Using Trump to claim celebrity

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2020 11:30 AM

don't know why their all bitching sooner or later, they have their regular gigs on fox news or Qanon..

i mean already dean cain is a economic and world and u.s. political expert on fox... (MONUMENTAL SARCASM)...

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2020 11:41 AM

Years ago when Dean Cain first spoke out about being a conservative, it was obvious he had he brain of a high school graduate who graduated with a "C" average.

He completely lacked the ability to make cogent points or to make an argument for his philosophy, and his shtick basically consisted of saying that conservatives have a right to their opinions.

When you're incapable of debating the other side, you're outing yourself as an complete idiot.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2020 12:45 PM

We look forward to having all of them on our shows to talk about how actors should shut up about politics.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2020 1:47 PM

Losers!

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 1:53 PM

Brooke Shields must be horrified that her first sexual experience was with Caine.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2020 1:56 PM

[quote]Former Lois and Clark actor Dean Cain, gave his perspective: “There’s no compassion. They’re so hypocritical, it’s unreal. They just don’t like the man.”

No shit they don't like him Sherlock!

Also - Cain looks bloated and repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2020 2:05 PM

You have to climb Mout Everest to reach the Valley of the Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2020 2:11 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaLOSERShahahahahahahahahahahahahahaSUCKERShahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2020 4:27 PM

r17 Huh? I thought it was chris atkins

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2020 5:00 PM

Scott Baio raped his costar in Bugsy Malone and Nicole Eggert

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2020 5:05 PM

These people couldn't get a job long before Trump became president. They love Trump because they are as delusional as he is.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2020 5:15 PM

how in the world did Dean Cain get into Princeton???? and graduate???

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2020 1:50 AM

I could not care less what Dean Cain has to say. Total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2020 2:04 AM

Isaiah Washington comes across like a contrarian asshole.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2020 4:41 AM

[quote] Years ago when Dean Cain first spoke out about being a conservative, it was obvious he had he brain of a high school graduate who graduated with a "C" average.

His degree is from Princeton.

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2020 4:43 AM

R22 he raped Jodie Foster?

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2020 5:31 AM

In the case of this bunch - the term "celebrity" is really reaching isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2020 5:53 AM

I was trying to remember which character on Buffy was played by an actor named Kristy Swanson, then I realized she was in the movie with Luke Perry.

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2020 6:02 AM

I see a Dancing with Stars season!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2020 6:04 AM

I'd love to see them all living in a house together for a reality show: "Big Trump Brother."

Ply them with all the liquor they can drink and keep the webcams on 24/7. Before long we'd be hearing their real thoughts on "wetbacks" and "faggots."

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2020 6:17 AM

Are they just morons? Bigots? Both? Cultists? Publicity whores? Even extreme tribalism or party loyalty doesn’t fully explain it. How the fuck can any sentient human-being support Trump at this point? I really want to know. I need someone to explain the madness. And then make it go away forever. K?

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2020 6:45 AM

This thread is filled with 90's has-beens and B-list stars.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2020 6:51 AM

It must be such a bummer for them to realize something: Given the opportunity to have dinner with any of them vs. Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks, G.Clooney and any number of hardcore LIBERAL celebs, who do they think Trump would choose?

Here's a hint: The same answer applies if these nobodies were replaced with war vets or steel workers or coal miners or Nascar fans.

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2020 6:51 AM

A bunch of salty has-beens. Kristy Swanson is a fat whore who ruined someone else’s marriage. How is this immoral slut who spreads her legs for married men “conservative”?

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2020 7:02 AM

Yeah, what a whore.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2020 7:07 AM

Wow, so Isaiah Washington just proved that YES, HE IS REALLY AN ASSHOLE. Geez. What a fucking creep.

by Anonymousreply 38October 16, 2020 7:34 AM

Hey, Scott Biao, if you support a criminally corrupt pathologically lying con-man and fraud who is a straight-up fascist authoritarian endorsed by neo-nazis, the KKK, and the Taliban, and who is a defacto White Supremacist, you don't get to whine that people won't speak to you. You fucking dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 39October 16, 2020 7:49 AM

Isaiah Washington's gotta be the dumbest person alive; they're attacking Trump because "he knows their secrets"?! If someone knew my dirty secrets I'd be bribing and kissing that person's butt, not attacking him and trying to make him even angrier.

The theories these people are coming up with are just crazy.

by Anonymousreply 40October 16, 2020 7:50 AM

Irrelevant has-beens. This is beyond embarrassing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2020 8:08 AM

R34 you're being generous. More like d-list.

by Anonymousreply 42October 16, 2020 9:12 AM

[quote]More hypocrisy from the right. Whatever happened to “shut up and act”?

Well that's horseshit. they are American citizens and entitled to speak but they have to live with the consequences. I never hear Trumpsters actually saying why they support him so it has to be the racist element though I will never know why a black man would support a White Supremacist. Let them speak and make fools of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2020 9:33 AM

Really putting out their A Team right before the election!

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2020 11:04 AM

The only one that disappoints me is Dean Cain. Met him at a convention some years ago. He was very sweet. Signed my Broken Hearts Club DVD and we talked about making the movie. He was losing his looks but was still hot.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2020 11:51 AM

Cavalcade of Stars?

Nope, "Calvalcade of Has-Beens".

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2020 12:02 PM

[quote]how in the world did Dean Cain get into Princeton???? and graduate???

And fuck Brooke Shields.

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2020 1:16 PM

R47 - he was a football recruit. They have lower standards for football players - seriously - albeit higher than other schools. There are some really average minds on Ivy League football and basketball teams - not so much with other sports - but those two are known to have the dummies.

Plus he was raised in Malibu - I would think his wealthy family had some connections somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2020 1:26 PM

There's a big difference between being "conservative" or even Republican and actively supporting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2020 1:29 PM

"You ain't a Star - and your RECORD COMPANY KNOW IT!"

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2020 1:33 PM

[quote] Kristy Swanson, Dean Cain, Scott Baio & Isaiah Washington

never heard of any of these folks

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2020 1:35 PM

Are they bad at math? Supporting Trump = perceived as a hateful bigot = unlikely to get work in a liberal minded town. Instead, they think this way: Supporting Trump = victim of discrimination for expressing the way I think = Hollywood is unfair. Hard to comprehend how people can't see that being perceived as a hateful bigot will have negative consequences.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote] Isaiah Washington

I hope T.R. Knight dropped an n-bomb on him and dropped it hard. He earned it.

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2020 2:47 PM

R43 really missed the point of the post they're responding to... seriously, use your brain. The "Shut up and act" is what CONSERVATIVES tell liberal and moderate and progressive actors... yet they never say that to CONSERVATIVE actors.

It's the HYPOCRISY, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2020 2:57 PM

Nazi

Idiots

Get

Gunshots

Everywhere

Repeatedly.

We’ll

Obliterate

Piggish

Stupid

Pricks

Immediately

‘Cause

Capitalism

Undermines

Niceness,

Thinking

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2020 3:08 PM

R49 beat me to it.

Being a conservative or even a republican has absolutely nothing to do with what tRump on his henchmen have been up to.

They are fascists.

The "celebs" quoted couldn't get arrested in Hollywood and that has nothing to do with politics.

Where's the fat Baldwin brother BTW?

I know I speak for many when I say that I can't wait for this surreal nightmare to be over. I'm worn out.

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2020 3:35 PM

Antonio Sabato Jr. is my favorite when it comes to his claims of being "blacklisted." Did someone not notify him that over-the-hill underwear models aren't being sought after to star in "The Revenant"?

Jon Voight -who could drop dead for all I care- is a hardcore whackjob Deplorable and he WORKS to this day because he's a good actor.

All of these fools haven't worked even before Trump and frankly, you're not entitled to work in Hollywood when there are tons of washed up liberals who also no longer work. Are they fucking kidding me trying to blame being deplorables for their the lack of calls from studios looking to hire them rather than never having ever been considered great actors to begin with and being older.

Talk about living in a bubble.

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2020 5:24 PM

Actually I'm going to have to disagree - Trump IS the Republican party in its naked form. This IS who they are, it's just not hidden in dog whistles and wordplay.

Republicans stopped being respectful, honorable, and trustworthy decades ago.

And they STILL vote in lockstep for Trump.

Do not excuse it away saying that conservatives and Republicans are not Trump - yes, yes they are. Maybe not in its current form, but all the beliefs, ideas and dishonesty is actually what they are fully about.

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2020 6:31 PM

[quote] I hope T.R. Knight dropped an n-bomb on him and dropped it hard. He earned it.

Uh, no. If only for T.R.’s sake, I hope he did NOT do that.

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote]I hope T.R. Knight dropped an n-bomb on him and dropped it hard. He earned it.

You don't "earn" the right to use "faggot" or "nigger" or "spic" or "chink" or any other derogatory term when someone else uses it towards you - only trash like yourself who I don't doubt uses racial epithets, would think that's how you respond to bigotry. And I'm sure if a gay person did use a derogatory term, your response would not be "The other person has the right to use 'faggot' in response."

You have such a shitty mentally and you lack introspection. Unfortunately, there's a lot of that around here.

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2020 6:46 PM

R34 People like Jason Mamoa and Emma Roberts are B-Listers. These people are used up has-beens who are way at the bottom of the D-list under more popular folks like MC Hammer.

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2020 8:31 PM

We know Patricia Heaton is a Republican but it was never clear if she supported Trump. She continues to work and she's not an evil hateful person.

by Anonymousreply 62October 17, 2020 6:00 AM

R62 the Republicans who are good actors still work. Like someone above said Jon Voight works ALL THE FUCKING TIME. And he’s a great actor I’ll never take that away from him. This “discrimination” bullshit is just that.

by Anonymousreply 63October 17, 2020 7:45 AM

Add Brett Ratner to the crowd.

[bold]As far as I'm aware, Brett Ratner hasn't done any interviews since sexual misconduct allegations surfaced. Did he address his status in Hollywood?[/bold]

Brett is a friend of mine and a friend of Avi and it wasn't about that. Our experience was very different. He was very scared to do this interview not because of such reasons, he was scared to do the interview because of COVID. He does have his grandmother from Cuba living with him, and he's very devoted to her. Avi Lerner was also born in Israel. We're all what we call the Israeli mafia. He canceled it few times because he didn't know what to do.

But when we went to [interview] him, he was sweating. He was sweating and sweating, you'll see in the film. Bill said, "Daphne, let's get the crew out, let's leave. He has COVID.” I said, "No, he's sweating because he's nervous." It was very funny. I didn't know the facts about [Ratner’s misconduct allegations]. I am super supportive of #MeToo. Gretchen Carlson would tell you, I'm the one who supported her from day one. I have a very close relationship with the Murdoch family. In everything, we have to know the facts. I don't know about Brett, he is a friend. Everybody should be innocent until proven guilty. Brett is a lovable guy, very talented.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 23, 2020 8:47 PM

When was the last time anyone interviewed in R64 was a hot property in Hollywood?

And as for Kristy "Knocked Up By a Married Man" Swanson, there's only one Buffy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2020 9:01 PM

Riiiiiight, it's about being "conservative" - not the fact that hey, at least Trump tries not to fraternize with the non whites!

by Anonymousreply 66October 23, 2020 9:03 PM

Tim Allen works. John Voigt works. Joh O'Herlihy works. Eastwood works. I'm sure there are others.

These whiny fucks just aren't putting butts in the seats anymore.

by Anonymousreply 67October 23, 2020 9:07 PM

R67 There's also character actor Nick Searcy, who comes across as a total right wing asshole on Twitter. He had parts in "Unbelievable", "Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri", "The Shape of Water" and quite a few others.

by Anonymousreply 68October 23, 2020 10:27 PM

Speaking of him... wow, he's a real asshole. Worse, he can't see who the REAL fascists are:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2020 4:07 AM

Scott Baio has barely worked since Y2k. But sure, it's because he loves Trump...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2020 4:42 AM

Kristy's career seems to have continued on the same meh level. Better than Scott's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2020 4:43 AM

I wouldn't hang around Trump actors either. Anyone who likes this man either expects to get something out of it or is an idiot or maybe both. I think where some of these fools screw up is by shooting their mouths off. I wouldn't hire someone whose judgement is this poor.

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2020 8:07 AM

That list reads like a bad season ofThe Surreal Life

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2020 8:15 AM

Most of these stars are has beens so it’s ok for them to speak out and not get retaliated against as far as jobs as they aren’t working a lot anyhow. I’m sure there are closeted republican stars who will never speak out. I just don’t understand the support for Trump from anyone. He is a horrid man demon and doesn’t represent anything moral. All the conservatives I know are voting for Joe. Puzzling really.

by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2020 8:22 AM

But they all like to claim that Trump is the reason they aren't working R74. Because Kristy Swanson and Kevin Sorbo were SO in demand pre-Trump

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2020 9:09 AM

Kevin Sorbo??? That chick from Xena isn't working much either, is she a Trump supporter, too, Kevin?

by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2020 4:08 PM

I worked with Nick Searcy decades ago and he was always an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2020 7:33 PM

R76 Lucy Lawless is liberal

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2020 8:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!