Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amy Coney Barrett Senate Judiciary Hearings, Now.

Anybody watching?

Lindsey looked and spoke like he had an extreme hangover, or he was on Valium, or both.

by Anonymousreply 600October 26, 2020 2:29 AM

This is going to be brutal.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2020 2:01 PM

I hate her so much I cant bear to watch one minute of this. Fucking psycho biitch.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2020 2:02 PM

So she's being confirmed? I thought they didn't have the votes.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2020 2:03 PM

No idea where you got that idea r3.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2020 2:03 PM

No, not confirmed yet, but it's inevitable.

The Judiciary Committee Repugs are making their opening bloviations.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2020 2:12 PM

A commentator on CBSN said this is "kabuki theater".

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2020 2:14 PM

I can't watch this.

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2020 2:15 PM

Aunt Lydia Coney Island

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2020 2:17 PM

See she brought her superspreader spawn with her again. Shouldn’t they be in school?

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2020 2:20 PM

Superfluous, shallow, observation:

Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse has a superb head of hair.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2020 2:21 PM

How dare they interrupt "Kelly and Ryan" ?? By the time the hearings went off, Tamron Hall was on.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2020 2:28 PM

Ted Cruz is a slimy piece of doo-doo.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2020 2:30 PM

Doesn't this shit go on for two or three days?

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2020 2:32 PM

Why watch this dumb shit show? We already know they are ramming her through....there is nothing to see here folks.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2020 2:34 PM

The ACA will be her first casualty. Then gay marriage and then roe vs. wade.

They will then eliminate Medicare, Medicaid, social security and any other “unconstitutional entitlements” and they will eventually guy the new deal completely.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2020 2:35 PM

Why watch when it’s a foregone conclusion that the Rethuglican maggot senators will confirm her?

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2020 2:36 PM

"The left is also suggesting Judge Barrett's confirmation would be the demise of the ACA and the protection for preexisting conditions. That's outrageous. As a mother of seven Judge Barrett clearly understands the importance of health care."

It's weird how the Republicans seem to know exactly how Barrett will vote on the ACA but are completely in the dark about her notions on Roe v Wade.

And BTW, Scalia was a father of nine and he ruled against the ACA.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2020 2:36 PM

[quote]As a mother of seven Judge Barrett clearly understands the importance of health care

Yes, cause she can afford it. Fuck everyone else.

This is the end of nearly 100 years of progress in this country. Everything will be gone. Civil rights will be destroyed. Religion will steamroll over everything. Any program that ensures the welfare of the citizens of this country will be gone. Sometimes this country is just heartbreaking, and it will be a brutal theocratic hellscape from now on. I'm out of hope.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2020 2:40 PM

A bit overreaction. It's not like asteroid is about to hit Earth. It's a step back and they will try but nothing here that can't be undone.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2020 2:44 PM

Klobuchar calls it a “sham”.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2020 2:47 PM

anyone have the link

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2020 2:49 PM

anyone have the link

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2020 2:49 PM

Nevermind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2020 2:51 PM

Ben Sasse is the biggest phoney baloney in the Senate.

I despise Ted Cruz, but at least Cruz doesn't cloak his lying behind some bland, palatable, fake "nice guy" BS personality.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2020 2:52 PM

Every hypocritical Republican must be viewed, exposed and discussed.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2020 2:53 PM

I wish one of her kids would stand up and scream she is a horrible mother, she beats and abuses us.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2020 2:57 PM

You forgot “and dissected,“ R25.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2020 2:57 PM

I am saddened most by the erosion of church/state separation. Devastated, actually. It was such a magnificent principle to govern by.

I 100% support religious people practicing what they believe: they can support and attend their churches every day of the week, convert their basements and attics to worship spaces and homeless shelters, teach their children the thorough truth of their Creed from sunup to sundown, donate their earthly "gold" to healing the sick and aiding the less fortunate. If you have that right enshrined, could you keep religion of any sort out of politics and public spaces? Why is that so hard?

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2020 3:03 PM

Every Democrat that’s speaking is hammering the Affordable Care Act and how Trump and Republicans want to cancel healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2020 3:06 PM

[quote]That's outrageous. As a mother of seven Judge Barrett clearly understands the importance of health care."

As does the proverbial black welfare queen with seven of her own in tow, so why the Repugs aren't clamoring to put her on the Supreme Court?

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2020 3:13 PM

They’re sitting so still because she beats them.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2020 3:19 PM

I can’t watch. Are they wearing masks?

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2020 3:24 PM

Then there is La Senatrice a homophobe and racist who will leave Capitol Hill within weeks. Shameful excuse for a man who sold himself to Trump and will lose his seat. He must know every minute he sits there and lies Harrison is campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2020 3:45 PM

R18 relax. "Everything will be gone" ... really? Your theatrics are worse than Lindsay Graham at the Kavanaugh hearings!

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2020 3:48 PM

R4, apparently Miss Lindsey said something to the effect of this being the confirmation hearing. Several people on Twitter commented about it. Seemed like a stunt to me.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2020 3:48 PM

This is why we { Dems } will ALWAYS fail. WE let this happen. The Repigs don't give a fuck what we think about them. That's why they get away with shit and we take the high road. For what? So we can lose, AGAIN???????????? This entire thing is bullshit and Dems are the pussiest of pussies! THIS IS OUR FAULT!

PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2020 3:53 PM

Pussy yourself. Self-flagellate as much as you want but leave us out of it. We've been working our arses off to fight back this onslaught. Have you?

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2020 3:57 PM

You didn't do it in 2016 and THAT IS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING!

GREAT JOB ASSHOLE/R37!

Fuck you and grease fire to YOU, CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2020 4:01 PM

If they confirm her (and they will) and the Dems take the WH and Senate, pack the fucking court.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2020 4:02 PM

Is Chuck Grassley at this hearing?

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2020 4:04 PM

It's now come to light that she signed TWO ads calling for the repeal of Roe. She failed to disclose this in her Senate Judiciary Committee paperwork. So like Kavanaugh she is not only right-wing and a psycho but a deliberate cheat and liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2020 4:06 PM

It's odd when you think the end game of these judges overturning abortion will result in more unwanted children who'll grow up and turn to lives of crime stemming from their neglect and deprivation and more homeless, desperate people who can't survive without social security, Medicare and health insurance they can afford. Crime rates and homelessness will soar. May they all be held up at gunpoint on their way home from fancy restaurants.

And her hair looks like shit in r41.

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2020 4:09 PM

Oh and another point to what I said is that we don't need MORE people is there will be FEWER unskilled jobs (self-driving vehicles, automated everything, fewer retail stores, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2020 4:13 PM

The cruelty is the point, R42. At this late date, it's obvious they WANT women to suffer with pregnancy and children if they're raped, they want families to be struggling to afford children they didn't mean to have, they want teens to have to give birth, they want more disadvantaged kids living hard lives.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2020 4:13 PM

I wouldn't even sugar-coat it. Joe and Kamala should just say, "you put her through then, YES, we are packing the (fucking) court."

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2020 4:14 PM

R42, what’s weird about that? That’s their goal. They want high crime to keep their disciples scared and armed and the broader public divided, they want packed private prisons, they want slave labor, they want cannon fodder, they want to be a ruling class and you need subjects in order to rule in that way.

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2020 4:20 PM

If Democrats control the WH and Congress after the election and don't expand the courts, Democratic voters will stay home in 2022. We're sick of playing nice when it gets us nowhere.

IMPORTANT: Stop using the term "packing" which is hurtful to Democrats, and replace it with the term "expanding."

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2020 4:23 PM

This is why Biden and Harris have been dodging the questions about "packing" the court, they know that once they get in they will do exactly that and they won't have their own words come back and bite them. They will most definitely "pack"/expand the court. And they should.

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2020 4:25 PM

Put the bitch on the bench and then PACK the Supreme Court with mainstream judges who will outvote this Catholic Robot.

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2020 4:26 PM

I guess you're right r46. It's so beyond fucked up and against everything I believe in that I can't even begin to see things like they do.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2020 4:29 PM

There's no way the Dems can pack the court because at most they might have, say, 52 or at best 53 senators -- and several of them will not vote on the Dems side, like Manchin and some of the new conservative Dem senators (if elected) like Cunningham or Bullock. Klobuchar and Sinema would also vote against it. So forget about it.

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2020 4:33 PM

She’s not even a real Catholic, so Josh Hawley needs to shut the fuck up. She belongs to some sort of cult.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2020 4:50 PM

If Schumer doesn't do it day one, he needs to step the fuck down.

And Corey Booker sounds whiny and wimpy, not strong. Get to the Dem women.

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2020 4:53 PM

Mike Lee is POZ but not wearing a mask

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2020 4:55 PM

No. Why would I watch this shit?

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2020 4:57 PM

POZ Mike Lee is also a homophobe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2020 4:57 PM

Senator Booker delivered a very forceful and effective statement, I only wish we could see the judge's facial reactions.

Someone please tell her to "grease" her young Black daughter's ashy legs.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2020 4:58 PM

Amy Coney Barret's spawn and Mike Lee are going to infect EVERYONE. This is way fucked up

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2020 4:59 PM

I mute every time a Republican speaks.

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2020 5:02 PM

So all the contagious Putin party senators showed up to the “hearing”?

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2020 5:03 PM

FDR fought to pack the Court because it kept blocking New Deal legislation. In the end, he didn't have to because the prospect of diluted power was enough to get the Court to move to the Left.

The same could happen here. No way do the present right-wingers want to lose all of their influence. Better to suddenly show newfound respect for stare decisis (established legal precedent - like Roe v. Wade or Obergefell v. Hodges), than to find themselves completely marginalized.

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2020 5:04 PM

I love Cory Booker and he was great as usual but does he really think this woman is going to be moved by the hardship of two (probably black) low income workers? She doesn’t give a shit whether they lose their insurance or not...

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2020 5:07 PM

Why does Kamala look white in her video?

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2020 5:10 PM

Both American employers and American straight men's sex habits are heavily dependent on artificially sterilized women. So far the nibbling away at abortion rights hasn't impacted that much, but if we go full on Roe v. Wade override, nobody's going to be happy with the results.

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2020 5:11 PM

Because it was produced by Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2020 5:12 PM

Kamala Harris lays it out perfectly. Even a red neck, nose picking idiot can see what the Republicans are doing and how it will affect America. Negatively.

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2020 5:14 PM

The court will be packed the moment Biden takes the WH and we take the senate.

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2020 5:15 PM

Damn, Kamala!

Right on.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2020 5:16 PM

Jan. 21: two new states, four new senators (hopefully Democrats one and all), and a boatload of forty-year-old Justices arriving to save the social safety nets and the right to privacy.

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2020 5:17 PM

oh ye of little faith

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2020 5:19 PM

r45, but you pack the courts then they pack the courts. It's a bad situation and just as bad as when Reid repealed the filibuster for judges. At the time it suited us and seemed like a good idea but came back to bite us.

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2020 5:19 PM

It is amazing looking at these hick senators from moocher states speak with such arrogance like they don't represent small populations in complete shitholes who couldn't survive without the states whose voices they try to silence.

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2020 5:20 PM

r67, I hope not. Joe doesn't want that and as I said already it's a bad idea.

Hopefully something will save us from this nutjob Barrett though.

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2020 5:20 PM

Correct, R71.

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2020 5:21 PM

And here's Mr. Haney...

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2020 5:21 PM

What a dope this Kennedy is.

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2020 5:22 PM

Why did Loony Barrett bring her kids to this? So they can listen to every Democrat detail why she’s an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2020 5:23 PM

I've got a new tractor for you, Mr. Douglas...

by Anonymousreply 78October 12, 2020 5:23 PM

Kennedy- tied with Sasse on being a phoney baloney.

by Anonymousreply 79October 12, 2020 5:23 PM

"I don't think..." is not the phrasing of a Rhodes Scholar, John "no relation" Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 80October 12, 2020 5:28 PM

Senator Kennedy speaking about the Kavanaugh hearing, in a raised voice. "IT WAS A FREAKSHOW" "It looked like the cantina scene from Star Wars."

DL "Fave" Marsha Blackburn is up now.

by Anonymousreply 81October 12, 2020 5:29 PM

R71, wrong and dishonest. First, you point out Reid eliminating the filibuster for federal judges, but you do not share the reason why. To an unprecedented degree, the Republican minority was using the filibuster to block *any* judges from being appointed by Obama. Then, when Republicans needed to jam SC justices through, they eliminated the requirement before any vote was taken. See the difference?

Second, why would it be so bad to water down the Supreme Court? I’m tired of a handful of white Catholics making decisions on my rights.

by Anonymousreply 82October 12, 2020 5:29 PM

Why can’t Democrat’s just ask this right winger yes or no questions: will you side with actions to reverse Roe v Wade and make abortion criminal? Will you kill the ACA during this pandemic. Yes or no. Will you kill marriage equality? Then use it in every election ad. Play some hardball.

by Anonymousreply 83October 12, 2020 5:32 PM

r83, she'll just lie like Kavanagh did

by Anonymousreply 84October 12, 2020 5:33 PM

They should shut down congress. Mike Lee is going to infect those children, then those kids infect others. Putting children at risk to use as props is completely DISGUSTING. This is not safe.

Just pass the Stimulus Bill, already. This hearing is not the priority. Pass the stimulus and shut down congress, unless there is an emergency.

These Republicans are being reckless and beyond stupid. Vote ALL these Republicans OUT.

by Anonymousreply 85October 12, 2020 5:35 PM

"Our heritage..."

Marsha. Marsha. Marsha.

by Anonymousreply 86October 12, 2020 5:37 PM

Why in god's name did they even allow Mike Lee to show up there, let alone not wear a mask?? Why hasn't the Committee had him ushered out? And WHY isn't any Democrat speaker mentioning this? I'd refuse to talk until he was thrown out...

by Anonymousreply 87October 12, 2020 5:38 PM

I woke up this morning with a strong sense of foreboding and fear. This is so fucking depressing. And if Trump somehow gets re-elected (through cheating, no doubt), I can't even begin to imagine what will become of the US, and us homos.

by Anonymousreply 88October 12, 2020 5:38 PM

Shut down Congress, , unless there is an emergency. They should shut down the supreme court too.

Pass the stimulus bill RIGHT NOW. The American people need this. Then, shut congress and supreme court down.

by Anonymousreply 89October 12, 2020 5:38 PM

And with that argument for not complying with the CDC, Miss Lindsey just handed Jamie Harrison another couple of million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 90October 12, 2020 5:41 PM

The Republicans in Congress are basic SOCIOPATHS. They call a mandatory meeting, put everyone at risk for a severe illness (and to spread it to their loves ones and communities), and for NO FUCKING REASON.

Shut down Congress. This is not an emergency. Pass the stimulus bill and SHUT DOWN!

Save American Lives. You are not suppose to purposely spread the plague, causing Covid deaths.

by Anonymousreply 91October 12, 2020 5:44 PM

Me too R88. It’s like we’re powerless. Order and procedure and civility is gone. I’ve voted so that’s a start.

I remember San Francisco and the White Night Riots. The rage we felt erupted into violence and destruction. I hope it won’t come to that in order to retake this wonderful country.

by Anonymousreply 92October 12, 2020 5:45 PM

R77: maybe the children will put on a little show afterwards and pass a can for cult donations.

by Anonymousreply 93October 12, 2020 5:48 PM

What to do:

1.) Vote for Joe Biden, and Blue Down Ballot! Early Vote if this is available in your state. go to California Action on reddit for voting information and resources.

2.) Take the Census 2020. It's easy and online. But we need you to vote too. Click pic link, to census website.

3.) If you have Republican Senators, call them and tell them this: The only thing that is important to the American people is: Focus on the stimulus bill and pass it. Then, Shut down Congress (to protect lives and prevent another super spreader event).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 12, 2020 5:53 PM

OMG her voice!!!!

by Anonymousreply 95October 12, 2020 5:54 PM

R95 was just gonna post that same thing "OMG her voice"

by Anonymousreply 96October 12, 2020 5:56 PM

R71, we’re BALANCING the court with anywhere from 2 - 4 justices. You’re out of your mind if you think the MAJORITY in this country is going to be subjected to the MINORITY rule of right-wing nut jobs on the court for a generation. The social rulings are one thing but everyone is ignoring all the CORPORATIONS they’ll rule in favour of. They’ll ruin this country even more.

If Kamala Harris wants any chance of being President in 2024, she better convince Joe Biden to BALANCE the court.

And Joe Biden had better be joking with all this “reaching across the aisle” bullshit. If we win all three houses, they better just start ramming through the legislation by brute force at a dizzying speed. There’s no end to what a Biden “caretaker” administration needs to do to shore up our democracy and they better fucking do it in the 1st 100 days.

The Party of Trump can go FUCK ITSELF.

Also, a federally mandated right to choice and reproductive health can be passed through Congress. All SCOTUS can do is overturn Roe. They can’t claim that federally mandated legislation is unconstitutional - even though the opposition will fight it for the next 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 97October 12, 2020 5:56 PM

Ugh that snotty little girl lisping voice.

by Anonymousreply 98October 12, 2020 5:56 PM

Don't pack only the Supreme Court. Create 250 new judgeships in the federal trial and appeals courts in every district. Most of them have case back logs and the creation would be justifiable. Just do it when the Democrats control the Congress and the White House.

by Anonymousreply 99October 12, 2020 5:56 PM

Who decided only "middle America" was real America, esp., when middle America worships a coastal elitist handed everything in life and fucked over everyone in his life. It seems all of that is fine with "real 'muricah" as long as you live in their bubble of racism and bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 100October 12, 2020 5:57 PM

r94 I've done all of that, and yet we still find ourselves faced with an ultra-conservative majority Court and possibly becoming like The Handmaid's Tale. That's why I'm so fucking depressed.

by Anonymousreply 101October 12, 2020 5:58 PM

Voting for Joe Biden, and his team, is the best way to improve everything going forward.

In addition to Voting for Joe Biden and Blue Down Ballot is [R94].

We need you to VOTE. Vote for Joe. Vote Blue.

by Anonymousreply 102October 12, 2020 5:58 PM

R98 It is so unfair, even sexist I guess, but yeah... that's the voice of Karen. Privileged, annoyed, nasal, and smarmy.

by Anonymousreply 103October 12, 2020 6:01 PM

She read and enjoyed Truman Capote, but will vote on the SCOTUS to prevent "his kind" from having marriage equality.

by Anonymousreply 104October 12, 2020 6:03 PM

R103 you nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 105October 12, 2020 6:05 PM

A cliche come to life.

by Anonymousreply 106October 12, 2020 6:06 PM

Can someone explain to me why dummy Obama didn’t put someone on the bench after that fat ass Scalia died even though he had 10 months left in his presidency, but asshole Dump can get someone on the bench in a month.

Explain this to me because I’m not understanding.

by Anonymousreply 107October 12, 2020 6:07 PM

R107, Democrats didn’t control the Senate!!

by Anonymousreply 108October 12, 2020 6:09 PM

R207, did you vote in 2014? I suspect the answer is “no.”

by Anonymousreply 109October 12, 2020 6:10 PM

He tried!

by Anonymousreply 110October 12, 2020 6:13 PM

oh, dear, r109.

by Anonymousreply 111October 12, 2020 6:13 PM

"Daddy Fucked Me" voice

by Anonymousreply 112October 12, 2020 6:15 PM

Republicans ( in elected office) make rules, then BREAK THEM, based on a high value donation from a billionaire to their campaign or personally.

These Republicans do not care about the American people at all. They seem thrilled that Americans are dying from Covid. They enjoy seeing Americans having trouble feeding their children. They do not care about the American people or children at all. They could have ALREADY passed a stimulus bill. They haven't done this, YET. Instead, they are spreading covid AGAIN.

VOTE ALL Republican out of office for this. Vote for Joe Biden. Vote Blue Down Ballot. PLEASE

by Anonymousreply 113October 12, 2020 6:32 PM

Not watching. I can't. I will get too agita! I"ve decided on a news diet for the next three weeks. I will only check local news. I cannot allow myself to get so upset. The media has turned to the whole "court packing" meme to replace " e-mails!" and I get really pissed off. And WTF happened to NPR???? They bought into this court packing bullshit 10000% and it is such a phony issue. The Republican'ts have been court pacing for more than 6 years. It is infuriating.

Look. Just do everything in your power to help get out the vote. And vote BLUE down ballot too. Make sure you vote in the state legislative elections. Don't wait until the last minute. Did you know more than 9 million people have already voted? We need to reach 80 million by November 3rd. Do not let them discourage you with bullshit. The only national news I want to see is news about Trump not being PResident anymore. There's no real news out here the Media is ginning things up for ratings. And the politicians are buy up ad space everywhere. This is how the networks get fat. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 114October 12, 2020 6:35 PM

FYI about Mr "Middle America"

Mike Braun has a Harvard MBA and a net worth of $136 million, so his Middle America act is extra bullshitty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 12, 2020 6:36 PM

The voice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 12, 2020 6:41 PM

The koch brothers found this women in a cult and GROOMED her. She is going to do exactly what they tell her to do.

by Anonymousreply 117October 12, 2020 6:41 PM

r82, I thought it was obvious why Reid did that to all those on this tread. I stand by what I wrote.

by Anonymousreply 118October 12, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote]The koch brothers found this women in a cult and GROOMED her.

I suspect they missed a few nits.

by Anonymousreply 119October 12, 2020 6:44 PM

The cult she is in calls women, "handmaids." She is not really Catholic. She is in a right wing religious sect and cult. Also, they aren't that smart. They stole their ideas from Atwood. Atwood should sue them for plagiarism.

These types of batshit cults are taking over Africa and the Caribbean. They are anti Democracy and extremely dangerous. They are exactly like ISIS. These cults are THEOCRACIES. They are completely outside the bounds of a Democratic Government. This is what extreme right wing means, they are Theocracy, not at all in the bounds of a Democracy. They hate and attack Western Democracies.

by Anonymousreply 120October 12, 2020 6:53 PM

Charles Koch is DESPERATE to get Amy on the court. Destroy the administrative state, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 12, 2020 6:59 PM

What r99 said. I'd also add that each justice has emergency appeal review over certain federal circuit courts. There are 12 circuit courts + DC. Why not have as many SC justices as there are circuit courts?

by Anonymousreply 122October 12, 2020 7:14 PM

I will be desolate if she is confirmed, but I will be furious if Senate dems don't use every procedural move possible, including being unavailable or whatever it takes to stop this vote. If the House had the guts to impeach Trump, the least these Senate dems can do is anything, regardless of how silly it may look. I remember when the Texas legislature tried to ram something through and Democratic legislators left the state to stop them from taking the vote. Not saying things are the same in both bodies, but they should either keep the confirmation vote from happening or go down trying.

by Anonymousreply 123October 12, 2020 7:16 PM

I’m voting for the guy who isn’t endorsed by the Taliban. He will balance the Court. Ohmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 124October 12, 2020 7:16 PM

Registered Republicans,

Remember when you where freaking out over theocratic cults taking over middle eastern country, or just a region (talilban, ISIS, ISIL, etc)? This should scare the living crap out of you. This is here. This is our Democracy, our country.

Call your Republicans Senators and tell them: No on Barrett. Pass the stimulus bill. The stimulus bills will HELP AMERICANS. Shut down Congress (to prevent a super speeder event. )

by Anonymousreply 125October 12, 2020 7:20 PM

R39 "packing the court" is a pejorative term. It is what Republicans did with Kavanaugh and are trying to do here to allow the disenfranchisement of rights. Expanding the court may be necessary if Kavanaugh can't be impeached by the Senate and it turns out this nominee lied materially during the hearings.

by Anonymousreply 126October 12, 2020 7:23 PM

Republicans are putting KAREN on the bench.

by Anonymousreply 127October 12, 2020 7:23 PM

Lady G seems very off - menopause? Betty Bowers speculates that she's sick, but she doesn't seem to be coughing or wheezing. But she doesn't seem like her usual sassy gal self

by Anonymousreply 128October 12, 2020 7:24 PM

[quote]Can someone explain to me why dummy Obama didn’t put someone on the bench after that fat ass Scalia died even though he had 10 months left in his presidency, but asshole Dump can get someone on the bench in a month

Because Mitch Fucking McConnell

by Anonymousreply 129October 12, 2020 7:26 PM

R126 why would Kavanaugh be impeached?

by Anonymousreply 130October 12, 2020 7:26 PM

Is this what happens when you are HIV+ AND come down with Coronavirus?

by Anonymousreply 131October 12, 2020 7:27 PM

R128 Lady G is about 20 years past menopause.

by Anonymousreply 132October 12, 2020 7:27 PM

Yes, they can, R97 and did so in the Shelby Case, overturning a key provision of the Voting Rights Act. Congress passes an abortion rights Act, the far right finds (or creates them) a series of fact patterns to bring to SCOTUS via inconsistent Appeals Court rulings and they can overturn part or all.

by Anonymousreply 133October 12, 2020 7:28 PM

R128: I agree, she looked feverish.

by Anonymousreply 134October 12, 2020 7:30 PM

If Democrats get a majority and Biden is elected, then the Senate can complete the sham, fucked up investigation the FBI did during his confirmation hearing.

If he LIED, Kavanaugh is toast. If the Republicans covered up his finances he is toast. If the Republicans blackmailed Justice Kennedy, HE IS TOAST!

by Anonymousreply 135October 12, 2020 7:30 PM

Why the fuck do Registered Republicans want to live in a Theocracy?

Theocracy very, very BAD. Democracy GOOD! You do not have religious freedom in a Theocracy, or any other kind of right or freedom. Theocracy it is very very BAD! Everybody, even religious people, want to live in a Democracy.

Call your republicans senators and tell them: NO on Barrett. Tell them the priority should be passing the Stimulus Bill.

Then, vote for Joe Biden. Vote Blue down Ballot.

by Anonymousreply 136October 12, 2020 7:31 PM

Frankly, I'm glad that the filibuster is gone because it stopped serving any useful purpose when McConnell and the GOP formed a blockade against any Obama judicial nominees.

What no filibuster also means is that elections will have consequences and if voters don't want to be ruled over by a bunch of extremist Neanderthals, they'd better get off their asses, stop whining, and vote Democrat in every election.

R107 is either a troll or has been living under a rock for several years.

by Anonymousreply 137October 12, 2020 7:31 PM

Why do Americans want to make any and all judicial appointments about abortion?

by Anonymousreply 138October 12, 2020 7:33 PM

This is all procedural theatrics. The GOP know trump will lose, so taking RBG's seat and giving it to a handmaiden will help their long-term game plan. The key is not only taking the white house, but also the Senate. Americans now know how enabling and corrupt the GOP lead Senate is and he have to fire the key Senators, namely MCconnel and Graham, and take it back for the real majority people. Biden can "pack" the court to even it out and to dillute the damage that kavanaugh and eventually barrett will do. A successful presidency of Biden/Harris will almost ensure a Harris/Buttigieg term from 2028 and on. We have to keep the Senate for the next several elections to protect everything and prevent a delusional minority that their myopic views is not for a progressive country in the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 139October 12, 2020 7:33 PM

[quote]Well qualified

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 12, 2020 7:35 PM

GOVERNMENT 101

You have religious freedom in a Democracy.

You do not have ANY religious freedom in a Theocracy.

Call your republican senators and tell them: NO on Barrett. Just tell them to focus on passing the Stimulus Bill instead.

by Anonymousreply 141October 12, 2020 7:36 PM

There need to be term limits on these judges. No way should they be able to serve for life.

by Anonymousreply 142October 12, 2020 7:37 PM

Remeber the Lady Senatrice refused a test to debate. We're watching you Gurl... Now go on and beg for more campaign money like the ugly dirty bitch we know you to be. Start with the last remaining adult bookstores and finish off on what's left of Craigslist.

by Anonymousreply 143October 12, 2020 7:40 PM

People waiting 6 hours in line to vote in Georgia

We can look forward to more of this with Coney Barrett on the court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 12, 2020 7:40 PM

Republican senators should not be able to appoint nutjobs to the court. VOTE THEM OUT FOR THIS!! The election is happening NOW, so you can do this. Registered Republicans we need you too.

by Anonymousreply 145October 12, 2020 7:41 PM

She makes Scalia look like Thurgood Marshall. Hit her on her philosophy, which would take her own right to vote away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 12, 2020 7:42 PM

She looks like a dyke. I'm amazed she's married to a man.

by Anonymousreply 147October 12, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote]People waiting 6 hours in line to vote in Georgia

The scope of voter suppression in this country is absolutely unforgivable. I give those people much credit, I don't think I could take it.

by Anonymousreply 148October 12, 2020 7:45 PM

Her very modest (and dare I say conservative) dress offends me in its naked manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 149October 12, 2020 7:46 PM

I am curious for those who think once again the Democrats are failing, what is the low road you would take in this exact situation? How would you prevent the corrupt Republican Senate from forcing this fanatical Supreme Court Justice through?

by Anonymousreply 150October 12, 2020 7:48 PM

R138, abortion is a proxy for other issues, and a test of a justice's respect for precedent.

by Anonymousreply 151October 12, 2020 7:49 PM

It's time to start assassinating Supreme Court judges

by Anonymousreply 152October 12, 2020 7:49 PM

Her voice tells everything. That is not the voice of a well adjusted, professional woman. Some women have nasal or high pitched voices but this woman has a childlike voice. I guess that what happens when you are raised in a right wing cult.

I don't think it's appropriate to have the children there.

Kamala killed it.

Anyone wondering why Obama couldn't get anyone through - Mitch McConnell went on Hannity and took full credit that. Hannity congratulated and thanked him for it. They played the clip on Morning Joe and the hosts looked as nauseous as I was feeling after watching it.

by Anonymousreply 153October 12, 2020 7:51 PM

She's a stupid homophobic twat - let's hate her for that, not her voice

Most women have high voices. Women in male-dominated professions often try to artificially lower their voice so they'll sound more "serious" - Elizabeth Holmes syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 154October 12, 2020 7:54 PM

No, it is NOT appropriate to have children there. More importantly, it is NOT EVEN SAFE. SHUT DOWN CONGRESS. This hearing should not be the priority. It's not even an emergency.

by Anonymousreply 155October 12, 2020 7:54 PM

Datalounge is not crazy about kids, frauren. Little shits grow up to be big shits.

by Anonymousreply 156October 12, 2020 8:04 PM

I hate her so much.

by Anonymousreply 157October 12, 2020 8:06 PM

Out of seven children one is bound to be gay and either suppress it or rebel on the crazy bitch. I agree her voice sounds like one of those cult followers who appear to be under some kind of childlike trance. She seems almost disconnected from reality. She's cringeworthy and gross.

by Anonymousreply 158October 12, 2020 8:06 PM

Sure, let's put Aunt Lydia on the Court. What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 159October 12, 2020 8:07 PM

Send your children home with your husband. Using your children as props is disgusting.

Every American take all your kids to every interview, and every meeting. Say it is the Mitch McConnell rule. What a fucking a circus.

by Anonymousreply 160October 12, 2020 8:09 PM

"She's a brilliant legal scholar!" LOL.

She's like the Karen Laurence Tribe. Or Little Cult Girl Martha Nussbaum.

by Anonymousreply 161October 12, 2020 8:14 PM

DM has an article about ex-member of her People of Praise cult speaking out.

No cologne or perfume.

No thongs and single women can only wear white cotton underwear.

No belts with big buckles drawing attention to the crotch area.

by Anonymousreply 162October 12, 2020 8:15 PM

Just remember that Iran had somewhat of a Democratic Government, then they fall into a Theocracy. It could happen here. It is happening now.

Remember when Registered Republicans hated cult leaders? Charles Manson? Jim Jones? Call your republicans senators and tell them NO. No on Coney Barrett. Tell them to focus on the stimulus bill.

by Anonymousreply 163October 12, 2020 8:15 PM

In Iran, homosexuality is a crime that results in gays being given a choice between the death penalty or being surgically transed to the opposite ‘gender’. TRAs loud it as a pro-transgender idyll.

by Anonymousreply 164October 12, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote] No thongs and single women can only wear white cotton underwear.

No belts with big buckles drawing attention to the crotch area.

They are far more obsessed with sex than non-religious or moderately religious people. They seem to see it everywhere where the rest of us just get on through life without assigning moral judgement to someone's choice of belt. Same with gay sex. I've heard super religious types go into great detail about the gay sex, I don't even think about it in that much detail!

by Anonymousreply 165October 12, 2020 8:33 PM

Well almost everywhere165. Wonder what the restrictions for men are? Wonder what they have to do to avoid the occasions of sin. Viagra? Hmmmm, bet that's not a rule, somehow.

by Anonymousreply 166October 12, 2020 8:35 PM

"In Iran, homosexuality is a crime that results in gays being given a choice between the death penalty or being surgically transed to the opposite ‘gender’. TRAs loud it as a pro-transgender idyll."

Yawn, no one believes this. The trans hating trolls have to infect every thread. Btw, Amy supports groups that discriminate against gays AND trans people

by Anonymousreply 167October 12, 2020 8:38 PM

oops, should've been r165

by Anonymousreply 168October 12, 2020 8:38 PM

"Barrett has also written that, in her view, it is appropriate and legitimate for judges to overturn precedents when they conflict with their personal interpretation of the constitution. Obedience to the exact original meaning of the constitution without current context is problematic. These laws were made by white, cisgender men who enslaved other human beings and never intended to include a vast sum of Americans – like women and people of color – in their quest for equal rights."

I kid you not: "cisgender men."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 12, 2020 8:41 PM

Learn to quote properly lazy whore.

by Anonymousreply 170October 12, 2020 8:41 PM

I remember when Registered Republicans thought cult leaders were bad. They didn't want cult leaders to run around the neighborhood. They didn't want them out of jail, too dangerous. Now, they are letting these motley crew of Republican Senators put one on the United State Supreme Court.

STOP THEM, already! Tell them NO. Vote them OUT.

by Anonymousreply 171October 12, 2020 8:43 PM

"Much has been written about Barrett and her husband’s involvement as members of a charismatic “covenanted” community called People of Praise. As many Catholic individuals and organizations have noted, charismatic Catholic communities are very specific, divergent from mainstream Catholicism and more ideologically and culturally conservative. People of Praise is a hierarchical organization where members make a life-long commitment, or covenant, and donate at least five percent of their income to the group. One main tenet is that husbands are head of their wives and the authority of the family. Members are assigned a same-sex advisor, “head” for men and “woman leader” for single women (For decades “women advisors” were called “handmaids” but this was changed because of connotations from Margaret Atwood’s novel and the subsequent television series The Handmaid’s Tale). "

People of Praise, no less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 12, 2020 8:46 PM

r169, who cares about the term cisgender? You seem....triggered

by Anonymousreply 173October 12, 2020 8:46 PM

[quote]Iran had somewhat of a Democratic Government

When was that?

by Anonymousreply 174October 12, 2020 8:49 PM

I guess the Founders would have been relieved to know that they were "cisgender."

by Anonymousreply 175October 12, 2020 8:49 PM

[quote]Send your children home with your husband. Using your children as props is disgusting.

Obviously as a buffer so that when the Dems rightfully attack, the Reps can say "think about the children!!!"

by Anonymousreply 176October 12, 2020 8:49 PM

What would the founding fathers say about someone who is pro theocracy in our government?

They would call it, TREASON. They actually did. The founding fathers are on our side, on this one. They HATED Theocracy. They were STRICTLY and CLEARLY against Theocracy, and also theocratic movements.

by Anonymousreply 177October 12, 2020 8:49 PM

that is true r177. Even the Christians felt that a government run by priests and pastors would be garbage. They were right of course.

by Anonymousreply 178October 12, 2020 8:51 PM

When asked about court packing, Joe and Kamala should just say: All options will be on the table

by Anonymousreply 179October 12, 2020 8:54 PM

Which is EXACTLY what their silence is saying r179.

by Anonymousreply 180October 12, 2020 8:55 PM

r175, they wouldn't have called themselves "heterosexual" either so what's your point?

by Anonymousreply 181October 12, 2020 8:56 PM

R174, back when Mosaddegh was elected. Of course, because he was going to nationalize the oil, the CIA overthrew him and installed the Shah. The Shah terrorized the citizens with his secret police and stuck millions into secret bank accounts, so the people revolted and we got the religious extremism we have now.

So you see, the US causes so much shit that comes back to bite us

by Anonymousreply 182October 12, 2020 8:57 PM

[quote]No cologne or perfume. No thongs. No belts with big buckles drawing attention to the crotch area.

They may as well add: No big hair. No tight shiny spandex aerobics leotards. No leg warmers. No shoulder pads. How did this cult make it through the 80s?

by Anonymousreply 183October 12, 2020 9:04 PM

Truly good parents in this situation would leave their children home. And good parents would firmly instruct them that while the hearings are going, they aren't to watch TV or be on the internet. They're to keep their noses in their Bible or be playing outside.

And if Barrett has those children with her tomorrow, both her and her husband are failing at Job 1 of a parent- to protect and shield them, not have them protect and shield you.

If she brings them tomorrow when she's going to be questioned, Dems should pay no heed to those children and full speed ahead.

And if those kids, during the hearings and questioning, become distressed on behalf of their Mother, the blame is with their parents, not the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 184October 12, 2020 9:28 PM

The oligarchs are rejoicing because her being in on the court, companies will be approved to do whatever they want. We will be their slaves.

by Anonymousreply 185October 12, 2020 9:29 PM

This is disgusting! Disgusting!!

by Anonymousreply 186October 12, 2020 9:30 PM

Amy Covid Barrett

by Anonymousreply 187October 12, 2020 9:30 PM

[R183]

You cannot look like Nancy Reagan or Dynasty (tv show) Cult. And a special FU to Coco Channel.

They have bizarre obsessions. They are stupid. They are Batshit. No one, wants to be in this cult. Theocracy is BAD!

by Anonymousreply 188October 12, 2020 9:34 PM

If she brings them tomorrow when she's going to be questioned, Dems should pay no heed to those children and full speed ahead.

Meh, not surprising; she's been using them as human shields since Day One to protect herself; if things get testy, she's probably coached one or more of them to start bawling ("but not the black ones; the Republicans don't care about bawling black kids!")

by Anonymousreply 189October 12, 2020 9:35 PM

R28 Religious extremist have the faith of tissue paper. Deep down they know they'd be dancing, singing, and worshiping Baal right along with the other backsliding Israelites in the wilderness as soon as Moses turned his back; turning it up and out in Sodom and Gomorrah; and negotiating a better price than Judas to give intel on Jesus. They need to stamp out all temptation because they know they'll mainline sin like a common junkie at the first opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 190October 12, 2020 9:35 PM

[quote] Job 1 of a parent- to protect and shield them, not have them protect and shield you.

👏 This should pop up on TV screens during every commercial break. THIS is what a lot of modern parents do not get. Parenting is a very selfless act to nurture a child into the best version of him/herself. Many parents have it backwards. ACB is using the kids. Not to mention the Right would have a field day if a liberal woman brought her children along.

by Anonymousreply 191October 12, 2020 9:36 PM

I recall the Duggar kids had to look down at their shoes when their creepy mother or father yelled "Nike" or some such shit. This was to avert their eyes when someone came in their view who was not dressed modestly.

Wonder what the Coney-Barrett crew's safe word is for when someone wearing perfume or a belt crosses their path.

by Anonymousreply 192October 12, 2020 9:38 PM

[quote]When asked about court packing, Joe and Kamala should just say: All options will be on the table

They should say, "Glad you asked. Let's review how Mitch McConnell and the GOP abused the Constitution for the last decade only to create artificial vacancy glut and save it in case they win the next presidential term. Let's hear it from Mitch's mouth when he bragged to Hannity. Let's also review how he held a SCOTUS court seat empty for over a year - not only cutting the SCOTUS to 8 justices in an election year but effectively reducing the second Obama term to 3 years. Now how about that on top of the SCOTUS highway robbery? You wanna hear about court stacking and packing? Yeah, we got a lot to talk about."

by Anonymousreply 193October 12, 2020 9:39 PM

Those poor kids were at the super spreader rose garden event too. This person makes very bad decisions. I do not think she should be a judge. Shouldn't a judge have a track record of good decisions?

by Anonymousreply 194October 12, 2020 9:41 PM

Dragging her kids to another COVID infested place after their school (let's be real, they probably brought the virus from Superspreader Rose Garden) instead of having them safely home schooled is NOT a testament of being a sane individual, let alone a good mother.

by Anonymousreply 195October 12, 2020 9:45 PM

[R193] This is being reductive and disingenuous. All elective office holders have the constitutional responsibility to protect our Democracy, especially from Theocracy and Monarchy. All Americans too. This is pretty clear. The Founding Fathers could not predict all the ways this could happen. But they were VERY CLEAR, you got to stop this shit. Theocracy and supporting theocratic movements was clearly TREASON.

by Anonymousreply 196October 12, 2020 9:50 PM

Well, Treason was actually pretty specific in the Constitution. It was spelled out, because they knew how often kings loved to invent treasons. But they certainly would have hated any theocracy. Theocracy sucks, and despite the silly idea some people have that the Founders were all naive farmers who just couldn't imagine X, Y, or Z, they knew how much theocracies could suck, including Oliver Cromwell's. They were very worried about Cromwellism.

by Anonymousreply 197October 12, 2020 9:53 PM

You got to laugh. All those white women who voted for Trump. And this is what you’ll get.

by Anonymousreply 198October 12, 2020 9:56 PM

How could the founding fathers predict this?

There is a type of tv show called a reality tv show. On a bad one, there is a dumb fuck pretending to be a billionaire. He runs for president, wins. Then, he nominates a woman from a batshit cult to be on the supreme court. She is referred to as a handmaid. This cult is based on a dystopian novel because they are so beyond stupid they cannot come up with ideas themselves.

Nevertheless, They told us how to stop it. This is a Theocracy. This is Treason.

by Anonymousreply 199October 12, 2020 10:07 PM

They could anticipate a lot: corruption, stupidity, evil ministers and legislators. They weren't exactly unfamiliar with that stuff. The big thing they ultimately fell back on is whether the people themselves become corrupt, which actually is also a thing in human history. Are we so corrupt that we will put up with this shit? If we are, there is no answer. If not, well, then we have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 200October 12, 2020 10:29 PM

Yes, they told us. Theocracy BAD. Theocracy TREASON. Do everything you can to stop Theocracy.

by Anonymousreply 201October 12, 2020 10:35 PM

well, that and tyranny, r201. yeah, we need to stop both, and ultimately it ain't the government that can stop these things. they are usually perpetrators. it is us, all of us. we need to do this in November, and maybe many months afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 202October 12, 2020 11:06 PM

[quote]If we win all three houses, they better just start ramming through the legislation by brute force at a dizzying speed. There’s no end to what a Biden “caretaker” administration needs to do to shore up our democracy and they better fucking do it in the 1st 100 days.

This.

by Anonymousreply 203October 12, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote]I'd also add that each justice has emergency appeal review over certain federal circuit courts. There are 12 circuit courts + DC. Why not have as many SC justices as there are circuit courts?

13 Justices sounds like an excellent idea. Biden and the Democratic Senate need to ram 4 ultra-liberals through in the first 90 days.

by Anonymousreply 204October 12, 2020 11:18 PM

I’d love for the Democrats to start floating AOC or some other high profile Muslim as their Supreme Court pick. The Repubs would go ballistic but I doubt any of them would recognize their hypocrisy

by Anonymousreply 205October 12, 2020 11:20 PM

[quote]Lady G seems very off - menopause? Betty Bowers speculates that she's sick, but she doesn't seem to be coughing or wheezing. But she doesn't seem like her usual sassy gal self

Lady G has advanced cirrhosis due to being a lifelong drunkard and self-hating repressed closet case.

by Anonymousreply 206October 12, 2020 11:22 PM

R205 how on earth do you think that AOC is muslim??!!

by Anonymousreply 207October 12, 2020 11:25 PM

The Democrats will reform and expand the Supreme Court it is inevitable whichever way you look at it.

This is the reason Biden and Harris are avoiding the question before the election.

by Anonymousreply 208October 12, 2020 11:27 PM

[quote]I’d love for the Democrats to start floating AOC or some other high profile Muslim as their Supreme Court pick. The Repubs would go ballistic but I doubt any of them would recognize their hypocrisy

We really don’t want a bartender on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 209October 12, 2020 11:27 PM

A dem magjority congress RAMMING through pro-people pro-democracy legislation sounds great but why do I think the REFUGS will quickly figure out a way to successfully block it. It's appalling APPALLING they are voting in this CUNT CHRISTIAN COW but stole Obama's appointment. Why dot they get away with it and DEMS never get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 210October 12, 2020 11:28 PM

If you are a registered republican, you really have to call your republicans senators to stop them. No on Barrett. Yes on the stimulus bill. You cannot put a cult leader on the supreme court. Cult leaders bad. Theocracy bad. Democracy good.

We all have to VOTE for JOE BIDEN. Vote for all Democratic Candidates, blue down ballot.

Early VOTE, if you can.

by Anonymousreply 211October 12, 2020 11:33 PM

r205, AOC can't be on the Supreme Court, she's not an attorney, much less a judge.

by Anonymousreply 212October 12, 2020 11:35 PM

R210 See post R208 Democrats will reform the Supreme Court they don't really have much choice.

by Anonymousreply 213October 12, 2020 11:35 PM

[Quote] I’d love for the Democrats to start floating AOC or some other high profile Muslim as their Supreme Court pick.

AOC isn’t Muslim

by Anonymousreply 214October 12, 2020 11:35 PM

R205 is an example of how fucking stupid woke Democrats are; the Republicans are at least educated on Government and Civics, that’s how they know how to cheat the system... they actually know how it works. Get off Twitter and crack a book on American Government. You’re embarrassing the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 215October 12, 2020 11:38 PM

We're going to have to see this smug cunt for the next 40 fucking years. Great.

by Anonymousreply 216October 12, 2020 11:39 PM

R212, you do not have to be a lawyer to sit on the Supreme Court. Obviously, you probably should have legal training, but it’s not a requirement.

by Anonymousreply 217October 12, 2020 11:44 PM

Our best hope is an aggressive cancer diagnosis taking her down while she’s still in her 40s. God (the real one, not hers) can you help us?

by Anonymousreply 218October 12, 2020 11:46 PM

r212, I was aware of that, but I'm just saying there's NO WAY any Democratic president would put up AOC for the Supreme Court in this day and age if she has no legal background.

by Anonymousreply 219October 12, 2020 11:48 PM

She reminds me of this Librarian boss I had one time. Brittle, self-righteous, arrogant.

If she hadn't committed to being a mini-Scalia, they wouldn't have nominated her.

And the fact that she's a Catholic refugee from Indiana means she was hand-picked by Pence.

by Anonymousreply 220October 12, 2020 11:48 PM

RBG made a bad bet.

by Anonymousreply 221October 12, 2020 11:48 PM

RBG is a fucking CUNT for putting us in the situation and I will not lionize her like the Woke White Girl Twitter Jockeys.

by Anonymousreply 222October 12, 2020 11:51 PM

Was that vodka in Joni Ernst's water bottle? Her wig looks even worse than usual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 13, 2020 12:01 AM

R222 You cannot simply put all the blame on her. She lived for her work, it's what kept her going for so long. yes she should have retired in 2014 whilst Obama had the Senate but it's ultimately the Republican Party who are the cunts here.

by Anonymousreply 224October 13, 2020 12:06 AM

If Barrett turns out to be the Cunt people suspect she is, she’s going to be shot.

by Anonymousreply 225October 13, 2020 12:06 AM

Now that we have the unitary executive that the Repugs have created, Biden could shoot the six conservative judges and then pardon himself?

by Anonymousreply 226October 13, 2020 12:08 AM

R223, her hair is truly awful!

by Anonymousreply 227October 13, 2020 12:09 AM

When the Democrats do pick up the White House and Senate the inevitability is the court will be expanded. How many seats they will add is unclear. If I were to guess it'll be somewhere between 2-4 seats and certainly no more than 4. By adding 2 it would cancel out Barrett and give John Roberts his swing vote role back.

I would prefer them to add 4 making it 7-6.

by Anonymousreply 228October 13, 2020 12:20 AM

AOC is spectacular. She is part of our future. If her future is not in government - she'll go where she's wanted. DL and others should learn to expand their acceptance. She's always on target and on point. She was right about Pelosi too. Regardless - she's incisive and ethical - morally and politically. You don't have to love her. It's bad to love politicians anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 13, 2020 1:13 AM

She has toned it down but the manner in which she tends to communicate her points is still a bit immature and naive. You allow more people to hear when you don't have smoke coming out of your ears.

by Anonymousreply 230October 13, 2020 1:17 AM

I agree more with R229. In Congressional hearings, where it counts, she makes important points with ruthless economy, cutting through all the Republican rhetoric and obfuscation. It's about time Democrats started doing more of that. Katie Porter is another one who does, and there are several more whose names I forget.

by Anonymousreply 231October 13, 2020 1:29 AM

R230, as if Republicans don't have smoke coming out of their ears 24/7

by Anonymousreply 232October 13, 2020 1:31 AM

If they sweep, the Dems should start passing popular legislation on healthcare, infastructure, jobs and voting rights right away to cement good will and help people. Then start on the court agenda. First. they should first vote statehood for DC and (if they want it) PR. Though PR isn't guaranteed to elect Dem Senators, hopefully at least one of them will be. DC will come in with 2 Dem Senators for the foreseeable future. Hello, packing the Senate majority.

With at least two more Dem Senators, they can push through court reform, including expanding SCOTUS to match the number of appeals circuits and term limits.

by Anonymousreply 233October 13, 2020 1:34 AM

Didn't the doctor tell them having a baby in their 40s could result in a retard?

by Anonymousreply 234October 13, 2020 1:37 AM

On Friday, Barrett suddenly disclosed that she had signed second anti-abortion ad, and was a member of an anti-abortion faculty group. It must have slipped her mind earlier . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235October 13, 2020 1:39 AM

Obama's biggest mistake is unlike LBJ, he didn't have the balls to recess appoint Garland.

by Anonymousreply 236October 13, 2020 1:41 AM

r235, everyone knows she is pro-life, so does it make any difference?

by Anonymousreply 237October 13, 2020 1:48 AM

[quote] Obama's biggest mistake is unlike LBJ, he didn't have the balls to recess appoint Garland.

I agree! The only thing I can think is that he was either confident of a Clinton victory or was so worried about a Clinton victory that he thought it would hurt her.

By then his legacy was cemented, his popularity was high, so he should've gone ahead and done it and defy the Republicans not to confirm him.

by Anonymousreply 238October 13, 2020 1:54 AM

Was there any Senate recess option at all? I thought the Turtle kept the Senate in session to avoid that (but maybe I'm wrong).

by Anonymousreply 239October 13, 2020 1:56 AM

[quote] The GOP know trump will lose, so taking RBG's seat and giving it to a handmaiden will help their long-term game plan.

If ACB is confirmed, and if the ACA is struck down by the Supreme Court, the American people will remember who killed their insurance during a pandemic. That should screw up their long-term game plan.

by Anonymousreply 240October 13, 2020 3:15 AM

Will somebody buy this bitch a bottle of conditioner?

Get permission from her handmaid if you have to!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241October 13, 2020 3:23 AM

If Obamacare were to be "struck down", and if the Democrats are in control after the election and can create any program they like, then what's the reason for the hysteria? I assume Obamacare is a stalking horse and the real concern is for Roe v. Wade, but Democrats believe they can whip up more support with the issue of healthcare than elective abortion.

by Anonymousreply 242October 13, 2020 3:56 AM

r238, Obama was a bit too cautious at times.

by Anonymousreply 243October 13, 2020 4:52 AM

Obama was too cautious in 2016, by not drawing attention to known Russian interference, by letting Comey fuck around with Hillary's emails AGAIN in the last 2 weeks before the election with no comment and when he told Hillary she must concede to Trump immediately and without question. All wrong. He legitimized a stolen election. The face of Michelle on inauguration day will never leave my memory.

by Anonymousreply 244October 13, 2020 4:58 AM

Bingo r244!

by Anonymousreply 245October 13, 2020 5:14 AM

[quote]If ACB is confirmed,

Initials are to be earned. I prefer to call her Covid Amy.

by Anonymousreply 246October 13, 2020 5:26 AM

[quote]If Obamacare were to be "struck down", and if the Democrats are in control after the election and can create any program they like, then what's the reason for the hysteria?

Do you think that if a Dem Congress and POTUS pass a new healthcare law, it won't be dragged through the courts by an assortment of bad actors, and eventually end up in the 6-3 conservative SCOTUS? Guess what its fate will be there.

That's why the Dems won't have a good option but to increase the number of justices on SCOTUS as well as on the larger circuits. Otherwise their whole legislative agenda will be taken down by Trump judges and justices.

by Anonymousreply 247October 13, 2020 5:29 AM

Her lank hair is something a college girl would wear because she has no time to fuss.

Is she going to drag those kids with her every day? Who's going to look after 7 adolescents when she begins her demanding new job?

by Anonymousreply 248October 13, 2020 6:09 AM

While all the SCOTUS justices have either been a lawyer or at least trained in the law, you do not have to be a lawyer or a judge to be nominated and confirmed to the SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 249October 13, 2020 7:33 AM

The last time I saw hair like Amy Coney Barrett's, it was on certain girls in high school and college.

All emotionally troubled. One had a raging eating disorder, another was borderline, another was impregnated at age 16 by a guy who came out at 18.

They all had one thing in common: those flagrant split ends.

M E S S E S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 13, 2020 8:10 AM

The problem with ACB is that unlike moderate religious secularists she doesn’t just believe that abortion and birth control and homosexual sex and premarital sex are morally wrong and therefore those who share her beliefs should chose not to indulge. She believes that everyone should live by her moral and religious beliefs AND she believes it shouldn’t be an option. Those believes should be made laws of the land and imposed on every man, woman and child. I have very little confidence that she could ever separate the religion from her judgements because for people like her the beliefs define them and not having those beliefs defines us.

My mother is Irish and I spent part of my childhood there when the country was a Catholic theocracy and from a young age I picked up on the fact that underlying the religion is a belief that people are all naturally awful. If the church isn’t there to ‘set people right’ through laws, fear, guilt and shame then people will turn the entire country into an orgy, men will all up and abandon their wives and children (this was the central argument of the church during the first 2 referenda on divorce in Ireland (and the people agreed with them), people will rob and cheat and rape and murder willy nilly and women will abort foetuses like they have not meals. People who have a different religion are a bit better than atheists but misguided and must be also conveyed to ‘save them’

When ACB said the purpose of a law career was to create the kingdom of god on earth I absolutely believe her. I absolutely believe her intent is to use her career to turn the US in Ireland c.1960.

by Anonymousreply 251October 13, 2020 9:41 AM

[quote]Her lank hair is something a college girl would wear because she has no time to fuss.

Jesus is her hairdresser!

by Anonymousreply 252October 13, 2020 11:22 AM

So I have a question. I’m sure it would be like an earth shattering thing. But why if they’re going to confirm her before the election, which seems like what they’ll do, why wouldn’t Biden and all the Democrats basically say we think judge Amy should decline the nomination or confirmation. Basically say this is not a cloud under which to assume the position. It’s wrong. Taint her. Why wouldn’t somebody do that?

by Anonymousreply 253October 13, 2020 11:25 AM

R242, What about "Republican control of the Supreme Court" do you not understand? The SCOTUS can simply reject any neo-ACA passed by a Democratic Congress.

The ACA is dead, if Amy is confirmed. And the basis will be the mandate.

by Anonymousreply 254October 13, 2020 11:34 AM

They will put this country in a modern dark ages. What more is there to say?

by Anonymousreply 255October 13, 2020 11:45 AM

Nothing R255. It's a done deal as they have the votes required.

A fait accompli.

by Anonymousreply 256October 13, 2020 11:51 AM

I just read a New York Times profile about the cult in which she was raised (as was her husband), and it was terrifying. A religious zealot is incapable of objectively interpreting the law, and she really would be a dangerous addition to the Supreme Court. Unfortunately, the Democrats can't afford a repeat of her 2017 confirmation to become a federal judge, so they'll have to settle for non-answers and evasions.

by Anonymousreply 257October 13, 2020 12:02 PM

[quote]When ACB said the purpose of a law career was to create the kingdom of god on earth I absolutely believe her.

I do as well. I was once friends with a family who all had advanced degrees, and learned after several years that they got those degrees to create a kingdom of God on Earth. They were mostly teachers, teaching from pre-school to the university level, with one becoming a lawyer. They were so fundie their own church kicked them out and they briefly considered a kind of coup to take the church over. They hoarded weapons and believed anyone they didn't like was possessed by Satan.

There have been attempts here and there within the system to keep them contained, so to speak (forced early retirement, teaching license suspended, lack of promotion) but I absolutely believe there are probably thousands just like them who slip through the cracks or who take just the right path to get them into positions of power. ACB is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 258October 13, 2020 12:16 PM

[quote]I was once friends with a family who all had advanced degrees, and learned after several years that they got those degrees to create a kingdom of God on Earth.

Fortunately, they have been abject failures.

by Anonymousreply 259October 13, 2020 12:19 PM

The GOP must never be forgiven for what they’ve done to destroy this country. Never.

by Anonymousreply 260October 13, 2020 12:35 PM

R260, I think it’s important we identify and make it easy for others to identify the personality traits inherent to the GOP that allowed them both fall prey to Putin and abuse and decimate the nation. Otherwise, they just rebrand as something other than “republicans” and this all happens again. These personalities most of the GOP have demand everyone subjugate themselves to their ideology, insist they are above the rules they set for others, believe themselves above the law, believe the ends always justify the means, that there will be no conversation because only their opinions matter, that science and health and upward mobility are irrelevant if they threaten to undermine their stronghold of power, wealth and other forms of domination, that experts and the educated should be trusted less than gut feelings, etc. These attitudes appeal to many people who don’t want to think for themselves and it goes far beyond one issue anti-abortion or one issue racist voters. It’s imperative that these traits and behaviors are loudly and broadly admonished as being unacceptable in a civilized society...and in America, too.

by Anonymousreply 261October 13, 2020 12:52 PM

Abysmal fashion sense.

by Anonymousreply 262October 13, 2020 1:10 PM

I don't think that shows under the basic black.

by Anonymousreply 263October 13, 2020 1:15 PM

[quote]ACB said the purpose of a law career was to create the kingdom of god on earth

I want at least one Dem to ask her, "Then law becomes religion - in service of the God you believe in, does it not? And since law is the same as religion for you, and you obviously believe your religion and God are 'the true ones", this means an establishment of one religion above all others. And that's prohibited under the Establishment clause of the Constitution, isn't it. So you are in fact admitting to us that you will render unconstitutional decisions that promote your religion. Unqualified! Next!"

Or somebody should ask her, about one-fourth of the American people do not affiliate themselves with a religion and a large part of them are atheists. How exactly will your 'kingdom of God' law protect their interests?

But none of them will do that.

by Anonymousreply 264October 13, 2020 1:19 PM

[quote]The GOP must never be forgiven for what they’ve done to destroy this country. Never.

How about all the Bernie-bros and Jill Stein voters and Democrats who couldn’t muster the enthusiasm to vote for me? This disaster WAS preventable!

by Anonymousreply 265October 13, 2020 1:30 PM

Is it really that difficult to find judges that aren’t religious?

by Anonymousreply 266October 13, 2020 1:31 PM

[quote]Is it really that difficult to find judges that aren’t religious?

Not difficult at all. But that’s not what Repugs want.

by Anonymousreply 267October 13, 2020 1:35 PM

So infuriating to hear Graham tee her up to discuss precedent..without mentioning the GOP destroyed any pretense of that by stacking the judiciary with 200 unqualified judges who will advocate for a hard right destruction of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 268October 13, 2020 1:36 PM

Wow. Big dodge by the Handmaiden on the Roe precedent.

by Anonymousreply 269October 13, 2020 1:38 PM

The next SCOTUS nominee should be non-religious. Enough with theocrats.

by Anonymousreply 270October 13, 2020 1:40 PM

I plan on muting all the republican Q&A sessions, returning only to hear her responses to the Democratic Senators.

by Anonymousreply 271October 13, 2020 1:42 PM

I'm watching this on mute, I just can't with the little girl voice.

by Anonymousreply 272October 13, 2020 1:44 PM

I think it is time for Diane to retire.

She verges on doddering.

by Anonymousreply 273October 13, 2020 1:48 PM

ACB is going to say, write a better law.

by Anonymousreply 274October 13, 2020 1:49 PM

I hate that the Democrats are even giving her a serious hearing. Why dignify this sham?

by Anonymousreply 275October 13, 2020 1:51 PM

If she had any sense she'd remove herself from consideration. She's too controversial and loathed at this point to serve effectively. And I really think she's a target for some extremists.

Take your brood back to Indiana and go teach in an Xtian charter school. You chose to have a retarded child and he's going to need a lot of attention (and don't dump his care on the black girl you adopted).

by Anonymousreply 276October 13, 2020 1:54 PM

Is she going to comment on anything?? “Again, I can’t comment. I also can’t say.”

by Anonymousreply 277October 13, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote] I think it is time for Diane to retire. She verges on doddering.

She should have retired a decade a go.

That said, she is sharper than my dad who is a few years younger. And she is still 100% better than just about any of the GOP asshats like Jordan or Gomert.

by Anonymousreply 278October 13, 2020 1:56 PM

[quote] I hate that the Democrats are even giving her a serious hearing. Why dignify this sham?

What else can they do?

by Anonymousreply 279October 13, 2020 1:57 PM

Feinstein is 87 years old! The Senate has become a Senior Citizen Care Facility.

I get that if she is replaced, CA will have two junior Senators and lose committee chairmanship and assignments, but them's the breaks.

Once you hit 80, you don't have any business in Congress. Age limits all around.

by Anonymousreply 280October 13, 2020 1:58 PM

She isn't answering any question directly, what a shocker.

by Anonymousreply 281October 13, 2020 1:59 PM

Of course, she won't answer questions about LGBT rights.

by Anonymousreply 282October 13, 2020 1:59 PM

I'd rather listen to doddering Diane that Senatrice Cumdump

by Anonymousreply 283October 13, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote]What else can they do?

The principled thing to do is boycott the hearings.

But on the other hand, they want to slow them down as much as they can, and it won't happen unless they participate. So they have decided to do as much election campaigning in the guise of questioning as they can.

by Anonymousreply 284October 13, 2020 2:01 PM

[quote]Feinstein is 87 years old! The Senate has become a Senior Citizen Care Facility.

Holy shit. I did not realize she is that old. Nancy over in the House is positively youthful at just 80.

by Anonymousreply 285October 13, 2020 2:01 PM

She's evasive and I can't stand her nasal voice.

by Anonymousreply 286October 13, 2020 2:01 PM

The ignorant woman used the term "sexual preference". Why won't these assholes even try to understand it's not a "preference" or a choice. I hope someone corrects her.

by Anonymousreply 287October 13, 2020 2:03 PM

Did this woman just say "I have no agenda"?

If that were true, she would say that she's deferring her nomination until the election is over so it could be given proper review. She's clearly in it to win it.

by Anonymousreply 288October 13, 2020 2:04 PM

Feinstein should have called her out on her use of the term Sexual Preference instead of Sexual Orientation. I was shocked she didn't. The use of that term explicitly telegraphs her beliefs on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 289October 13, 2020 2:04 PM

Am I really the first to note that Amy and her husband ping?

by Anonymousreply 290October 13, 2020 2:04 PM

You beat me to it R287.

by Anonymousreply 291October 13, 2020 2:05 PM

R291, hopefully some of the Dem 'youngsters' will pick it up in their questions.

If not, I suggest people with a Dem Senator on this committee call them and give them an earful.

by Anonymousreply 292October 13, 2020 2:07 PM

[quote] Barrett’s “originalism” is nothing more than a sophisticated language for expressing her political views. Republicans have made the Supreme Court an almost purely political body, and she’ll seal the deal. People who tell you otherwise are kidding themselves—or you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293October 13, 2020 2:08 PM

Life as we know it is over. Unless dems pack the courts if they get a trifecta. It should happen on day one. If they don’t, any progressive policy that gets mad will be overruled. America is over for a generation with this woman on the court.

by Anonymousreply 294October 13, 2020 2:08 PM

Talk about doddering. Here’s Grassley...

by Anonymousreply 295October 13, 2020 2:08 PM

Why aren’t they questioning her integrity for accepting this nomination. Her current judgeship is illegitimate - the Republicans refused to let Obama fill it, which was unprecedented. Now, she is accepting a job under equally contentious and political circumstances. She shows no principles.

by Anonymousreply 296October 13, 2020 2:09 PM

Grassley is another 87 year old. He should be put out to pasture stat.

by Anonymousreply 297October 13, 2020 2:09 PM

Is it wrong that I kind of like this bitch? You really can't argue with her methodology and she does seem sweet, thoughtful and considerate. Is she a total snake in the grass or could she turn out to be another Souter?

by Anonymousreply 298October 13, 2020 2:11 PM

Does anyone know how much time would be required to balance the court? They'd have to do all of the confirmations separately - they could do them as quickly as the GOP is doing this one - but at about 5 - 6 weeks each...with 4 new justices...so at minimum, it would take about six months, right?

by Anonymousreply 299October 13, 2020 2:13 PM

R298 anything you enjoy in life will be taken away by this woman. She’s anti gay, anti woman, anti voting rights, and extremely anti worker. She has never, ever ruled against corporate interests. People aren’t grasping what America is going to be like with a 6-3 conservative Supreme Court. Nothing is off the table.

by Anonymousreply 300October 13, 2020 2:13 PM

What’s the point? She’s got the votes. She’s going to be confirmed. Snapbacks and posturing are useless.

by Anonymousreply 301October 13, 2020 2:15 PM

I wish democrats had balls and actually tried to stop this. What happened to “trying everything”? Why hasn’t bill barr been impeached? Some of these dinosaur democrats like Feinstein need to be primaried. They don’t have the guts to be in this fight anymore.

by Anonymousreply 302October 13, 2020 2:18 PM

They don’t have the votes, r302. Guts has nothing to do with it,

by Anonymousreply 303October 13, 2020 2:20 PM

R303 there’s plenty of steps they can take to delay this over and over. They’re choosing not to.

by Anonymousreply 304October 13, 2020 2:22 PM

Is it wrong that I let obese old men pinch loaves in my mouth?

by Anonymousreply 305October 13, 2020 2:22 PM

R304, please educate on us on what these steps are.

by Anonymousreply 306October 13, 2020 2:23 PM

She looks like she is ready to cry.....

by Anonymousreply 307October 13, 2020 2:23 PM

[quote]She looks like she is ready to cry.....

Worked for me.

by Anonymousreply 308October 13, 2020 2:26 PM

R306 they could impeach Barr. There are things they can do to delay this hour by hour. They obviously can’t stop it from happening completely but they can delay it hour by hour, day by day. They should not be treating thus as a legitimate process. This is the ballgame. This is it for the next 20 years. Say goodbye to America.

by Anonymousreply 309October 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Merrick Effing Garland

by Anonymousreply 310October 13, 2020 2:29 PM

[quote]Is she a total snake in the grass or could she turn out to be another Souter?

You'll have to ask her husband.

I'm sure she will.

by Anonymousreply 311October 13, 2020 2:30 PM

This court's rulings will become so draconian and so contrary to the way the majority of people live and believe in the 21st century on social issues, and they will make lives miserable for everyone not rich when the impact of their decisions affecting people's health and economic well-being. Will people rise up once their lives become uncomfortable in ways Americans have never experienced? We're the proverbial frogs in a pot of water. My partner thinks we'll have to have another American Revolution to throw off these oppressors and start over again. I'm not sure about that, and if it ever happens we'll be long gone.

by Anonymousreply 312October 13, 2020 2:34 PM

'Sexual Preference'- what a load of horseshit. When you believe it is just a preference (and in her opinion no doubt one made by children of *gasp*single mothers and *gasp* atheists just to piss off people like her) then of course that will have a major impact on how you decide on LGBT issues. She'll rule according to her religious beliefs and then say 'don't like it, change your 'preference''

by Anonymousreply 313October 13, 2020 2:35 PM

I hate that the Dems are not using slash and burn questioning and words like why are her children there to be exploited as accessories and props, why aren't they at home being schooled, and in depth questions about her role in the cult for women to be used as tools to gain positions of power solely to further the interests of the cult's patriarchal ideology. Which really is pretty ingenious.

It can't be said often enough Dems are wusses. Repugs are very effective drama queens and pit bulls. I know what they're doing but clearly many people don't or they do and love it. Trump supporters know he's a lying piece of shit but he's their lying piece of shit. Dems really need to take adult political tactic classes from the republicans.

by Anonymousreply 314October 13, 2020 2:39 PM

Shall Miss Ladybug 🐞 be getting some mushroom & short stem from Orange Con tonight and some pencii stick from Seanfox after the show? She be ass kissing Orange Con bigtime.

by Anonymousreply 315October 13, 2020 2:51 PM

This old mushmouth Leahy needs to get some better-fitting dentures or something.

(Yay, he’s finally done.)

by Anonymousreply 316October 13, 2020 2:54 PM

Jesus, that Incest Survivor baby voice! Nails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 317October 13, 2020 2:59 PM

She has six brothers and sisters. And also chose to have (and adopt) seven children herself. Seems very cult like.

by Anonymousreply 318October 13, 2020 3:01 PM

So what is exactly the point of this hearing? If she can simply not answer any question???

Just more free screen time for the senators before election?

by Anonymousreply 319October 13, 2020 3:04 PM

Leahy is another octogenarian. The Senate is a gerontocracy.

Why do these people hang on to their senate seats for dear life instead of enjoying family and grandkids in peace and quiet?

by Anonymousreply 320October 13, 2020 3:13 PM

R279, not engage her as if it's a regular SC hearing. Don't question her like you give a fuck what her opinions and judicial mindset is. It doesn't matter because this shouldn't even be taking place. Use time to continuously play her and the GOP's own words on Merrick Garland's nomination in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 321October 13, 2020 3:14 PM

Durbin is getting under her skin with these George Floyd questions. This is the most honest she has sounded.

I hope someone else can follow up and tie it to her judicial hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 322October 13, 2020 3:15 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 13, 2020 3:15 PM

She’s a terrible public speaker. She even said the phrase “you guys.” She’s evasive.

Also, the bitch has split ends.

by Anonymousreply 324October 13, 2020 3:18 PM

No r323, her Husband needs ready access to heaven's gate for required baby production.

by Anonymousreply 325October 13, 2020 3:18 PM

What will happen to the children of gay married couples if those marriages are delegitimized? Will they have to be "prophylactically" adopted by both parents and, if so, what will that process involve? Should gay parents begin applying for this now?

Ask her!

by Anonymousreply 326October 13, 2020 3:19 PM

Good god, what is she wearing?

by Anonymousreply 327October 13, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote] If Obamacare were to be "struck down", and if the Democrats are in control after the election and can create any program they like, then what's the reason for the hysteria?

The Dems would need 60 votes in the Senate, which they won't likely have. Anything they come up with will be debated and challenged ad nauseum.

What they could do is bring back the individual mandate with a fine.

by Anonymousreply 328October 13, 2020 3:27 PM

SCOTUS confirmation hearings have now just become a "I can't answer questions about future cases" showcase.

Why don't Senators ask about how they would have ruled on previous cases?

by Anonymousreply 329October 13, 2020 3:28 PM

r327 - Sensible shoes

by Anonymousreply 330October 13, 2020 3:28 PM

Durbin is one smart, quick s.o.b.

I'm glad he's a Dem.

by Anonymousreply 331October 13, 2020 3:36 PM

Durbin is doing that right now, R329.

He got her to have an emotional response to George Floyd, then point-by-point walked through one of her dissents, then brought up voter suppression based on felony convictions, leading to a final conclusion setting up a clear argument for systemic racism--which is direct opposition to her just stated personal response. And then his final summation argues her strict dedication to ideology hypocritically supersedes all else.

by Anonymousreply 332October 13, 2020 3:37 PM

All the Congressmen under 50 are doing the Matt Gaytz style.

Why can’t the Dems just ask “do you personally support gay marriage?” “do you personally think that gays and lesbians are sinners who are going to hell?”

by Anonymousreply 333October 13, 2020 3:37 PM

I just want to say I am proud, as a resident of Illinois, to be represented by my two senators, Tammy Duckworth and Dick Durbin.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 334October 13, 2020 3:39 PM

The baby voice is a red flag.

by Anonymousreply 335October 13, 2020 3:42 PM

She is such a passive aggressive bitch and I hate her, I wish someone would ask her where in the constitution is says "a corporation is a person too"? Since these conservatives always claim the interrupt the constitution as it is written.

by Anonymousreply 336October 13, 2020 3:44 PM

Durbin, without question, was the most effective questioner. He rattled her a bit. Schumer should step down and let Durbin be Majority Leader.

Getting rid of the ACA in the middle of a pandemic would be horrible. The "well they can just pass a new law" is a facile and ignorant response. The judicial precedence of a SCOTUS decision to strike down the mandate would complicate any "replacement" legislation of a Democratic Congress. Even if legislation could be crafted "around" the SCOTUS decision and passed.... the new congress doesn't convene until 2021... and the logistics of getting the exchanges back up... well into the year. Over 20 million with no health insurance in the middle of the greatest public health crisis in 100 years... great idea.

by Anonymousreply 337October 13, 2020 3:46 PM

Mike Lee is a jacket wearing, smarter version of asshat Jim Jordan.

It's a bully mentality based on desperate need for control.

by Anonymousreply 338October 13, 2020 3:49 PM

[quote]Over 20 million with no health insurance in the middle of the greatest public health crisis in 100 years... great idea.

Plus, 7+ million (and counting) Americans who have contracted the virus would pay higher insurance rates or not be able to afford insurance at all because they now have a pre-existing condition that medical experts theorize may have all sorts of calamitous health consequences down the line.

by Anonymousreply 339October 13, 2020 3:51 PM

70% of the country don’t want her, she needs to be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 340October 13, 2020 3:56 PM

Conservative justices are such hypocrites when it comes to laws like ACA. They say they believe that Congress, not courts, should make laws...but then they vote to overturn ACA, which was passed by Congress.

The current challenge is ridiculous and shouldn't even have gotten out of the Texas courts. Just because the individual mandate was eliminated doesn't invalidate the whole law. Congress, at any time, as the right to change what it charges as the fine for the mandate--it would be completely partisan if SCOTUS votes to invalidate.

by Anonymousreply 341October 13, 2020 3:58 PM

Baby voice cunts are taking over everything. In ten years the entire world will be vocal fry’s.

by Anonymousreply 342October 13, 2020 3:58 PM

[quote] Plus, 7+ million (and counting) Americans who have contracted the virus would pay higher insurance rates or not be able to afford insurance at all because they now have a pre-existing condition that medical experts theorize may have all sorts of calamitous health consequences down the line.

EVERYONE, even the GOP, knows that the ONLY option if ACA gets invalidated is single payer. If there were anything else, the GOP would have come up with it in the last 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 343October 13, 2020 3:59 PM

While the Supreme Court will be hearing the challenge to the ACA in November, the decision will come much later most likely in the spring or summer of 2021, if Democrats get control of the Senate, House and Presidency they could pass something new fairly quickly if they could get everyone to agree.

by Anonymousreply 344October 13, 2020 3:59 PM

Senator Lee of Utah, wants to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 345October 13, 2020 4:00 PM

How many cocks did she suck to be nominated?

by Anonymousreply 346October 13, 2020 4:01 PM

30 minutes per senator to question her is too long. 15 or 20 min max is sufficient, otherwise they drone on and on.

by Anonymousreply 347October 13, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote] if Democrats get control of the Senate, House and Presidency they could pass something new fairly quickly if they could get everyone to agree.

The Dems would need 60 in the Senate, which won't likely happen (assuming that no GOPer will come along)

by Anonymousreply 348October 13, 2020 4:03 PM

R341 "Originalism" is simply a smokescreen... these Christo-conservative judges will do what their own present values and goals suggest.

No constitutional originalist would give corporations the rights of an individual. But they did because it allowed them to take disproportionate influence in politics... raw power.

And in the meantime, Senator Lee confirms this... it's not about democracy, it's about power.

by Anonymousreply 349October 13, 2020 4:04 PM

This Douche bag now pretending Repugs aren’t the destroyers of democracy and aren’t partisan as fuck. Fuck off balding fatty!

by Anonymousreply 350October 13, 2020 4:05 PM

Why doesn’t he just bang her right there?

by Anonymousreply 351October 13, 2020 4:06 PM

Mizz HIV & Hep C is adjourning us for lunch till 12:45!

by Anonymousreply 352October 13, 2020 4:07 PM

Call your Senators. Have your parents and siblings call them, too. Make your voices heard.

by Anonymousreply 353October 13, 2020 4:07 PM

[quote]70% of the country don’t want her, she needs to be stopped.

Then tell that 70% of the country to get rid of their Republican Senators. That who’s ramming this bitch through, the Grahams and the McConnells and the Jonis and the Blackburns. Get rid of them all.

by Anonymousreply 354October 13, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote] Why doesn’t he just bang her right there?

Such a strange dynamic: he's turned on because he thinks she's as smart as he (thinks he) is but since he's a man, he has dominion over her.

It's a form of masturbation

by Anonymousreply 355October 13, 2020 4:11 PM

2 years, 10 months, 23 days.

The length of time Amy Coney Barrett has been a judge.

by Anonymousreply 356October 13, 2020 4:12 PM

R354, 70% of the country don’t control 70 Senators... that’s the problem

by Anonymousreply 357October 13, 2020 4:12 PM

Well, at least Lindsay Graham didn’t fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 358October 13, 2020 4:14 PM

“Senator, I completely understand your question...”

“Pre-Commit“

This bitch can’t answer straight.

by Anonymousreply 359October 13, 2020 4:15 PM

R358: But he sure did fuck up, only to be corrected by Senator Durbin later.

Ka Ching, Jaime Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 360October 13, 2020 4:20 PM

She's only been a judge for TWO years?

And before she was a judge she never actually tried a case in a court - never even sat second chair?

Is that really correct?

What the fuck is she doing there?

by Anonymousreply 361October 13, 2020 4:27 PM

R361, she's against Roe v Wade and she's a woman (replacing RBG). THAT's the only reasons she's there

by Anonymousreply 362October 13, 2020 4:34 PM

Her demeanor, voice and answers today do suggest someone who has nener tried a case. She spent most of her career teaching law which is an easier job to balance with parenting 5 kids.

by Anonymousreply 363October 13, 2020 4:35 PM

[quote]The Dems would need 60 in the Senate, which won't likely happen

Unless they get rid of the filibuster.

by Anonymousreply 364October 13, 2020 4:36 PM

[quote] My partner thinks we'll have to have another American Revolution to throw off these oppressors and start over again.

Wouldn’t a Constitutional amendment be easier to do whatever it is you want? If the people of enough states support it, there’s no problem.

by Anonymousreply 365October 13, 2020 4:39 PM

This is one of those threads where it would be good to see the gender of those who reply. I’d like to know if it’s more men attacking her appearance and demeanor or is it other women being catty.

by Anonymousreply 366October 13, 2020 4:41 PM

Maybe she'll re-infect with Covid, happens all the time these days.

Nice of her to drag her 84 children through this.

by Anonymousreply 367October 13, 2020 4:45 PM

This is the second day in a row she's wearing the magenta "handmaid" color.

by Anonymousreply 368October 13, 2020 4:46 PM

Gay waiters of DC - please spit in her food

by Anonymousreply 369October 13, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote] So Amy Coney Barrett told Pat Leahy this morning that she didn’t at all say that she opposed Merrick Garland even getting meetings, let alone hearings in 2016, so all good, right? Nah. It was on tape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370October 13, 2020 4:47 PM

I was just going to comment on that r368.

Geez, these "handmaids" just had to appropriate the classic color of proud harlots, strumpets, sluts and sex- loving women everywhere didn't they?

Hmmph.

by Anonymousreply 371October 13, 2020 4:51 PM

So, do we think that, unlike Drunk Brett, Covid Amy actually believes in all her cult bullshit or is that just more performative bullshit masking an even sicker ideology? If she does believe in it, how can she possibly square it with being a woman holding a position of power or really any position outside the home? Why didn’t she demure out of going to law school since it upsets “the natural order of things” for her to even know how to read, much less determine the fates of men?

by Anonymousreply 372October 13, 2020 4:52 PM

I hope Harris and Klobuchar take a knife to this bitch, or a stapler in Amy’s case.

by Anonymousreply 373October 13, 2020 4:54 PM

I think she believes it because she didn't come to the cult as an adult, she was introduced to it as a child. I have no idea how she squares it but there are a lot of women in the religious right who make a living writing books and touring the country on speaking engagements (and earning a lot of money in the process) telling women they should be stay at home help meets.

by Anonymousreply 374October 13, 2020 4:55 PM

I don't care why or how she believes whatever fantasies she believes nor how she came to them.

She's only been a "judge" for two years. TWO YEARS.

And she's never actually tried a case.

Fuck this unqualified Handmaid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 375October 13, 2020 4:57 PM

Amy Cuntey Barrett

by Anonymousreply 376October 13, 2020 4:58 PM

[quote]here are a lot of women in the religious right who make a living writing books and touring the country on speaking engagements (and earning a lot of money in the process) telling women they should be stay at home help meets.

Look how well that worked out for Serena Joy!

by Anonymousreply 377October 13, 2020 4:58 PM

Whitehouse is breaking it down.

by Anonymousreply 378October 13, 2020 5:00 PM

Her name's not AMY, it's HANDMAID.

She is HANDMAID Coney-Barrett

Or HANDMAID Covid Barrett

Always Handmaid, never Amy, make her eat that shit.

by Anonymousreply 379October 13, 2020 5:00 PM

Sen Whitehouse is dismantling the dark money and rightwing interest in launching conservative challenge cases and promoting right wing justice selection.

by Anonymousreply 380October 13, 2020 5:01 PM

Sh'es correctly called Ofjesse Barrett.

by Anonymousreply 381October 13, 2020 5:01 PM

I like Whitehouse. He also called on Kavanaugh on his sex slang that he unconvincingly claimed were all drinking references.

by Anonymousreply 382October 13, 2020 5:05 PM

Called out^

by Anonymousreply 383October 13, 2020 5:05 PM

I hate her voice... I am a man and it's sexist, stupid for me to criticize her voice. I admit it.

Her clothes are fine. Stupid to even comment.

But several times she responded "I can't say 'it's Amy's law...'" Does seem wrong to me, odd, the wrong register... to use her first name. Also a could other lapses in register... "you guys"... etc. She doesn't really present the "gravitas" hoped for from a Justice, and I don't think that's sexist.

She'll be nominated. The campaign that Sen Whitehouse is outlining, hundreds of millions of money, from unknown sources, have worked to dominate the SCOTUS for decades. This is their moment to fully capture it. This craven, super-funded dark money project of the Extreme Right is more than justification for a Democratic Senate to add seats. Millions of dollars vs. democratically elected Senators.

by Anonymousreply 384October 13, 2020 5:07 PM

Whitehouse is killing it! LOVE IT!

Singlehandedly dissecting the argument that she wasn't selected specifically for her ideological bent.

by Anonymousreply 385October 13, 2020 5:09 PM

Whitehouse is reading this Bitch Cunt and the Repugs to filth.

by Anonymousreply 386October 13, 2020 5:09 PM

Whitehouse seems to be making more of a case to "balance" the court than really do anything about this nomination.

by Anonymousreply 387October 13, 2020 5:09 PM

R387 None of this hearing, from the Democratic Senators, are meant to derail the nomination. Raise issues to win the November election; set a foundation for expanding the court...

... and uncovering the corrupt influence of big money in our legislative AND judicial processes. Whitehouse is killing it.

by Anonymousreply 388October 13, 2020 5:12 PM

I'm sorry, was NOT selected for her ideological perspective?

She's only been a fucking judge for TWO YEARS. Before that - SHE HAD NEVER TRIED A CASE. Not ONE.

She's totally unqualified for the job so that's not why they chose her.

It's not her looks (or maybe it is, I don't know), that's why they choose female "journalists" at Faux.

So if it's NOT her ideology and she's unqualified and it's not her looks, then why?

Is it because she has a well-used vagina? Is hers the only one they could find?

by Anonymousreply 389October 13, 2020 5:16 PM

R384 Clothing IS important in that a SC justice should looks dignified. I’m not picking on Barrett’s fuchsia Dress Barn monstrosity, I also loathed O’Connor’s neck collar doilies and those weird plastic net things Ginsburg wore around her neck.

Just keep it simple, classic and dignified.

by Anonymousreply 390October 13, 2020 5:17 PM

Agreed, R387.

Whitehouse gives a very clear outline. Hopefully it bodes well for Senate action if the Dems sweep.

by Anonymousreply 391October 13, 2020 5:17 PM

"I don't think you've tried a case, Judge..."

by Anonymousreply 392October 13, 2020 5:17 PM

I think Whitehouse did both, and very effectively.

It's simply a fact that this nominee is enmeshed in the whole GOP scheme, as he called it, to both reverse specific decisions (he talked about ACA, gay marriage and Roe), and consolidate power through special interests and dark money with these eighty 5-4 decisions he mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 393October 13, 2020 5:23 PM

Covid Amy had a deer in headlights look and was audibly clearing her throat during the most direct and biting statements by Whitehouse.

by Anonymousreply 394October 13, 2020 5:25 PM

Her responses are short and insipid. And the VOICE.

by Anonymousreply 395October 13, 2020 5:26 PM

Cruz is a master at making outrageous oratory tenuously tied to the actual subject at hand.

Can you imagine him and Mike Lee at a dinner party together?

by Anonymousreply 396October 13, 2020 5:30 PM

Whitehouse had the CUNT on the verge of tears. I guess the truth hurts.

by Anonymousreply 397October 13, 2020 5:37 PM

Cruz didn't realize that by claiming too much money in politics, he just agreed with Whitehouse's rationale for overturning Citizens United.

by Anonymousreply 398October 13, 2020 5:37 PM

In college we had a name for women with voices like ACB... “Cheesegrater”

As in “I would rather masturbate with a cheesegrater than listen to her speak.”

And I would totally facefuck Ted “Pompous-Ass” Cruz, just so I wouldn’t have to listen that damn preaching. To this day I still chuckle when I think of Mika Brzezinski’s imitation of him asking for Mac&Cheese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399October 13, 2020 5:38 PM

You are easily amused r399.

I?

by Anonymousreply 400October 13, 2020 5:40 PM

Cruz looks like he smells like musty nut sack and dirty feet. Good God he is a horrific looking man. His voice is "cheesegrater" too. Fuck him

by Anonymousreply 401October 13, 2020 5:42 PM

Yes, R395, her voice. I do not think that it's sexist to think that it's disturbing. Barrett was a teacher for many years; she could easily have learned to put some variety of tone into her voice. Also, women's voices usually become lower as they age. Her weird high pitch is a choice at this point. But to what end? Is it some sort of suppressed aggression on her part?

by Anonymousreply 402October 13, 2020 5:44 PM

Amy Covid Barrett sure lies a lot for somebody who’s supposedly a judicious individual.

by Anonymousreply 403October 13, 2020 5:45 PM

I doubt that she often suppresses her aggression r402.

by Anonymousreply 404October 13, 2020 5:45 PM

WHAT??????? SHE HAS NEVER TRIED A CASE????????

Nooooo! This lady CAN NOT be a S.C. justice!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 405October 13, 2020 5:47 PM

Handmaids have high, youthful, girlish voices all of their lives.

Their husbands/masters command it.

by Anonymousreply 406October 13, 2020 5:50 PM

If dumpy can be POTUS then r405 this cunt can and will be put on the bench.

by Anonymousreply 407October 13, 2020 5:50 PM

Cruz asking if she or her kids play any musical. Really? This isn't a dinner party.

by Anonymousreply 408October 13, 2020 5:52 PM

^^"musical INSTRUMENTS

by Anonymousreply 409October 13, 2020 5:54 PM

R324 Her hair looks like STRAW. Geez, would it kill ya to use a little conditioner, Amy Covid?

by Anonymousreply 410October 13, 2020 5:54 PM

I ask out of ignorance -- but if one were to compare the actual impact on the laws of our country of Justice Ginsberg when she had reached the age of 48 vs. Ms. Barrett accomplishments at her same current age -- how would that look on paper? For example, I believe that by the age of 38, Justice Ginsberg had already written her first brief before SCOTUS. Her positions aside (which I do not support), what are Ms. Barrett's actual legal qualifications?

by Anonymousreply 411October 13, 2020 5:56 PM

If they can keep avoiding Covid tests, she could make it out of Committee.

She'll never make it through the floor vote in the Senate.

Just keep slugging away at her, Democrats, you're doing a great job paving the way.

GOP: Do you or your 387 children play musical instruments?

Democrats: So, you've NEVER tried a case as a lawyer and you've only been a judge for TWO years, is that correct?

by Anonymousreply 412October 13, 2020 5:56 PM

She needs Creme Rinse, that's what it was called in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 413October 13, 2020 5:57 PM

She’s probably only allowed to drink one glass of water a day.

by Anonymousreply 414October 13, 2020 5:59 PM

She’s probably only allowed to drink one glass of water a day.

by Anonymousreply 415October 13, 2020 5:59 PM

Handmaid Barrett, are you insane?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416October 13, 2020 5:59 PM

What were Cry Baby Brett K's qualifications? It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't qualified either.

by Anonymousreply 417October 13, 2020 6:02 PM

Bitch just said "yeah, but.". This is ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 418October 13, 2020 6:06 PM

What time will Kamala be on?

by Anonymousreply 419October 13, 2020 6:06 PM

Democrats are being very weak with this in my opinion. We all know this confirmation is a done deal.

Its clear democrats had not planned for Ginsberg's death by the way they have responded. This woman will strike down ACA, Rove v Wade and Same Sex Marriage make no mistake about it.

If the court is not reformed and expanded when Democrats take control they will lose badly in the midterm elections come 2022.

The left of the Democrat party have gotten behind Biden to get Trump out and expect reform in return. If there is no Supreme Court reform it will backfire and they will lose the left vote.

by Anonymousreply 420October 13, 2020 6:07 PM

The Republicans keep trying to make this about liberal vs. conservative and/or tradition but Democrats are laser focused on bringing this back to the FACT that the ISSUES will be brought before the court.

--The ACA

--Roe v. Wade

--Second Amendment

--Voting Rights

One side is giving sermons, the other is examining facts.

Unfortunately for the Judge, her two+ year record is so thin they can pick it apart down to the granular.

by Anonymousreply 421October 13, 2020 6:07 PM

Democrats are being very weak with this in my opinion. We all know this confirmation is a done deal.

Its clear democrats had not planned for Ginsberg's death by the way they have responded. This woman will strike down ACA, Rove v Wade and Same Sex Marriage make no mistake about it.

If the court is not reformed and expanded when Democrats take control they will lose badly in the midterm elections come 2022.

The left of the Democrat party have gotten behind Biden to get Trump out and expect reform in return. If there is no Supreme Court reform it will backfire and they will lose the left vote.

by Anonymousreply 422October 13, 2020 6:07 PM

[quote] Cruz asking if she or her kids play any musical. Really?

That's when I tuned out.

Fuck you Texas for not removing this vile piece of excrement when you had the chance in 2018

by Anonymousreply 423October 13, 2020 6:08 PM

AK is doing well.

by Anonymousreply 424October 13, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote] Whitehouse had the CUNT on the verge of tears. I guess the truth hurts.

She should take heart in knowing that she’ll get the last laugh when she cancels any legislation he may pass.

by Anonymousreply 425October 13, 2020 6:10 PM

Preach, Amy!

by Anonymousreply 426October 13, 2020 6:12 PM

Amy K is on FIRE.

by Anonymousreply 427October 13, 2020 6:13 PM

AK is setting up the resistance to Trump using SCOTUS to overturn the election.

by Anonymousreply 428October 13, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote] Amy K is on FIRE.

Smoldering.

Nobody can claim she's being mean or unfair. It's just a calm, withering, surgical attack.

I love her for it.

by Anonymousreply 429October 13, 2020 6:19 PM

DL fave Any Klobuchar sounds like an adult woman. She’s clearly gotten under Barrett’s skin; her voice has gotten markedly snottier.

by Anonymousreply 430October 13, 2020 6:21 PM

I think Klobacher left Coney Barrrett BLEEDING. That last bit will be aired over and over.

by Anonymousreply 431October 13, 2020 6:22 PM

This thread is over 400 and it's getting laggy.

I started a new one and recommend that we abandon the slow one. Just a suggestion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432October 13, 2020 6:22 PM

I knew Amy was going to eviscerate her when I saw her on Rachel last night.

by Anonymousreply 433October 13, 2020 6:28 PM

Asshole

by Anonymousreply 434October 13, 2020 6:28 PM

What r432 said, and I offer personal "precedent" to say so-

I'm the OP here.

THREAD CLOSED. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

by Anonymousreply 435October 13, 2020 6:32 PM

Fuck you, you cheap bastard.

by Anonymousreply 436October 13, 2020 6:35 PM

lol, r436

by Anonymousreply 437October 13, 2020 6:38 PM

R419: I believe Senator Harris is third from the last, right before Mr. Haney of Louisiana and Marsha! Marsha! Marsha! of Tennessee, so most likely her questioning will be after the dinner break.

IT had better be fine-tuning Senator Harris's equipment, because we want to hear and see her segment loud and clear.

by Anonymousreply 438October 13, 2020 6:40 PM

Amy might want to send her children home to bed prior to Senator Harris's opening a case of canned whip-ass.

by Anonymousreply 439October 13, 2020 6:46 PM

Thank you, Mazie Hirono!!!!!!!!! (for calling out the handmaid for using the term "sexual preference" earlier today)

by Anonymousreply 440October 13, 2020 9:06 PM

Yes, r440. Hirono was meandering for a while than she got on track.

Good for Mirono.

by Anonymousreply 441October 13, 2020 9:08 PM

ACB seems like a very nice person but she is obviously thirsty to get on the supreme court and do some damage. There are protester's against her and the Democrats make very good points. Specifically, instead of ramming this lady onto the court they should be cutting a deal for stimulus Evictions are going to be disastrous. What a fucked up mess. I heard an election predicter who is usually correct suggest that the Repubs are in for a reckoning which may see them lose not only the WH but the senate and they will not make any gains in the house. The GOP is imploding and its just fine with me. What do they stand for anyway? Corporations and lots of money. Sure the Democrats take corporate money but nowhere close the the GOP. The whole lot of them disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 442October 13, 2020 9:31 PM

R15, There really will be a Civil War if Medicare, Medicaid, and SS are eliminated. Even Deplorables want these.

by Anonymousreply 443October 13, 2020 10:20 PM

Thank you, Mazie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444October 13, 2020 10:54 PM

Kamala just got in a great Gotcha! moment.

by Anonymousreply 445October 14, 2020 9:06 PM

Which was....

by Anonymousreply 446October 14, 2020 11:30 PM

I don't know how anyone stands to watch this shitshow. She clearly won't answer ANY questions from Dems & she could sit there & fart the chorus to Jingle Bells & the repigs would wildly applaud.

In my dreams, some repigs vote against her because they found her answers insufficient and her experience and judicial temperament questionable, but I know that will never happen.

And I hope that smug fuck Sasse gets primaried

by Anonymousreply 447October 14, 2020 11:40 PM

Kamala took the velvet gloves off. And Amy got visibly snotty and walked into a simple trap. Doesn't matter. But it matters to those of us who admire Kamala's intelligence and guts. She's campaigning for sure she risks being "unlikeable." Unlikeable at the expense of being intelligent, logical, caring and liberal. She's also a woman who seems slightly disgusted by Amy. Brava.

by Anonymousreply 448October 14, 2020 11:40 PM

The Louisiana Kennedy guy asked her who does the laundry in her house. And she dodged the question. Said that they are trying to get the kids to do their own, but it's not working out so great. Then she said their house has a lot of laundry. But she didn't say who does it.

I'll bet it's a hired housekeeper.

by Anonymousreply 449October 15, 2020 12:02 AM

You kind of missed the point R449. The question was offensive to begin with. And he's on her side.

by Anonymousreply 450October 15, 2020 12:20 AM

You're right, r450. I was hoping she'd say that she and her husband share laundry duty along with all the other household chores, but I have a feeling that her household is more "traditional".

by Anonymousreply 451October 15, 2020 12:27 AM

I just assumed all the womenfolk in her village gathered their laundry together and put it in a large wooden vat heated by fire.

by Anonymousreply 452October 15, 2020 12:29 AM

Consuela is doing it. You can't get where this woman is in life and be a traditional wife and mother. She uses the whole 'doing it for the kingdom of god' to make it seem palatable to her people.

by Anonymousreply 453October 15, 2020 12:31 AM

Ben Sasse will be running for President as a bipartisan healing force in 2024. He’ll be lying through his ass, since he could heal a lot of the divide by simply switching his committee vote to hold on this nomination. I’m not sure how this will stand up to the Deplorable coalition, but this is how the Republicans will separate from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 454October 15, 2020 12:41 AM

Who tackles the White House laundry, sir?"

"I don't know, but starting next week it'll be that girl, Vivian. I don't know her, of course, but her current boss praises her like you wouldn't believe! Lucky thing I and they rescued her from that shit hole country. I have done more for Afri... ."

by Anonymousreply 455October 15, 2020 12:54 AM

call your Republicans Senators, if you have one and tell them:

No on barrett.

Tell them they should focus on the Stimulus Bill. This will actually help Americans.

Maybe they should shut down too, so these moron Republicans do not spread covid to their staff, family and community.

by Anonymousreply 456October 15, 2020 12:55 AM

She is going to GUT Medical Care for the American People. Regardless rather you are Republican or Democratic, You and your love ones are FUCKED.

Call you Republican Senator(s), if you have one. Tell them NO on Barrett.

by Anonymousreply 457October 15, 2020 12:59 AM

"Is Amy Coney Barrett a climate denier?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458October 15, 2020 1:09 AM

Of course she's a climate denier. Did you not hear her answer today? Kamala set her up with two softball but contentious enough questions about COVID and smoking - Amy rolled her eyes and answered like a condescending teenage girl. BUT, she then refused to answer the DIRECT third question whether she believed in climate change and what the science says about it. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 459October 15, 2020 1:15 AM

Hell, Amy probably thinks the earth is 6000 years old and that Satan planted dinosaur bones in the ground to fool people into thinking it is older (I have relatives that actually believe this). It’s tragic that a woman who denies scientific evidence but believes in a magical sky being will have the power to destroy the lives of millions.

by Anonymousreply 460October 15, 2020 2:28 AM

R301, The point, as Ted Cruz's screed made clear, is to INFLUENCE THE VOTE. The Democrats are using this time to show America exactly what Republicans want for us. Or do NOT want, such as affordable health care insurance, abortion rights, LGBQT rights, and more.

So if Barrett is in like Flynn, maybe we can get rid of her Senate supporters.

by Anonymousreply 461October 15, 2020 2:46 AM

Wasn't she one of the mole people?

by Anonymousreply 462October 15, 2020 2:53 AM

She really is a whiny little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 463October 15, 2020 3:19 AM

This confirms my belief that conservatives are very emotionally stunted and disregulated people who look to religion and conservatism for a set of arbitrary rules to help them keep their shit together. It never quite works, though.

Maybe she and Beerbong Brett can have some crying jags together.

by Anonymousreply 464October 15, 2020 3:25 AM

S/b “dysregulated”

by Anonymousreply 465October 15, 2020 4:34 AM

r454, no Senator who voted to acquit Trump will be spared.

We see these traitorous fuckers. The hate for Trump will be GENERATIONAL.

2022 will not be another 2010 for Democrats and onto 2024.

by Anonymousreply 466October 15, 2020 7:10 AM

And those Reps can't rewrite history. SM never forgets how they allowed Trump to take a dump on this country.

by Anonymousreply 467October 15, 2020 7:13 AM

R466 and r467, based on past experience, that may be wishful thinking. The Republicans managed to quickly shirk responsibility for Katrina, the Iraq War, and the financial collapse. In fact, Democrats paid a higher price for the failures of the Bush administration than any of the actual participants. If Trump loses, Republicans will pivot to the rule of law, fiscal austerity, and public virtue si fast it will make our collective heads spin.

by Anonymousreply 468October 15, 2020 9:31 AM

R459 ”Amy rolled her eyes and answered like a condescending teenage girl” was the moment everyone should have noticed she is a raving bitch and will vote against anything even slightly liberal.

by Anonymousreply 469October 15, 2020 1:14 PM

I get the feeling she's a scary mother.

by Anonymousreply 470October 15, 2020 2:02 PM

I would imagine on some level she’s very angry.

Oldest of seven siblings? Mother of seven? She’s been doing “mommy” work most of her life.

The law career (such as it was— I guess she hit the big time somewhat accidentally) seems to be her one rebellion.

by Anonymousreply 471October 15, 2020 2:08 PM

When Feinstein was complimenting her on how well-behaved her children are, Aunt Amy responded that she has eyes in the back of her head. THAT was a fucking creepy response.

by Anonymousreply 472October 15, 2020 2:20 PM

based on past experience, that may be wishful thinking. The Republicans managed to quickly shirk responsibility for Katrina, the Iraq War, and the financial collapse. In fact, Democrats paid a higher price for the failures of the Bush administration than any of the actual participants. If Trump loses, Republicans will pivot to the rule of law, fiscal austerity, and public virtue si fast it will make our collective heads spin.

While I agree this is true of rank & file repigs (meaning more civics speeches from that asshat Sasse), I believe once Dump is out of office, the dam will break with all the stories about the shit that he did, the stuff he stole, they shit he said about the military - even more than now. The country will likely be economic turmoil & they will be looking for someone to blame - and that will be the repigs left standing. That's why Mitt is such a smart guy to distant himself from Dump. He pays a short term price, but he'll be viewed as a portrait in courage compared to the rest of them. Dump & Co. will likely be headed to prison (assuming Father Dump is even still alive at that point) with Javanka hiding in Israel.

So while I don't think the dems will have an easy time of it & likely have to make some tough choices that alienates their diverse base, the people will demand public floggings for Dump's enablers.

by Anonymousreply 473October 15, 2020 2:52 PM

Whitehouse telling Republicans that we’ll get a majority and tell them to get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 474October 15, 2020 2:54 PM

R470 Why can’t you give me the respect I deserve?

I’M NOT ONE OF YOUR AMICUS!!!

by Anonymousreply 475October 15, 2020 2:56 PM

If Booker had been more organized and concise his message and appeal to norms and decorum would have been epic.

by Anonymousreply 476October 15, 2020 2:57 PM

R476 Booker seems like he’s on Adderall

by Anonymousreply 477October 15, 2020 3:00 PM

Booker seemed like he was on the verge of tears several times on Day 2. And the excessive thanking Amy for listening to him was a bit much. What else is she supposed to do? Put in her ear pods and zone out?

Sheldon Whitehouse was the star of the hearings, hands-down.

by Anonymousreply 478October 15, 2020 3:02 PM

Whitehouse and Klobuchar

by Anonymousreply 479October 15, 2020 3:05 PM

Corey Booker is useless.

by Anonymousreply 480October 15, 2020 3:09 PM

[quote] Booker seems like he’s on Adderall

He was exactly like what we just saw all three times I've met him personally. I think that is his default and times like Tuesday's measured questioning take concerted effort.

A conversation between him and Blumenthal must sound/look like a Labrador puppy meeting a 12 y/o cat.

by Anonymousreply 481October 15, 2020 3:19 PM

I loved reading Whitehouse's wiki. Quite the prominent family background.

by Anonymousreply 482October 15, 2020 3:33 PM

And the excessive thanking Amy for listening to him was a bit much.

I think they are bending over backwards to be deferential to her because she is a MOTHER and also because they don't want someone running negative campaign ads with clips of him being rude to her.

And honestly, rude or syrupy, that bitch ain't answering his question anyway, so....

by Anonymousreply 483October 15, 2020 3:57 PM

She has no reason to and she knows it, R483 Why potentially put herself in a pickle when she's got that seat locked up.

by Anonymousreply 484October 15, 2020 4:07 PM

I hope she gets hounded wherever she goes. Don’t stop heckling her until she croaks.

by Anonymousreply 485October 15, 2020 4:14 PM

Call your Republican Senators, if you have one. Tell them to vote NO on Barrett. Tell them to focus on the Stimulus Bill that helps Americans during the pandemic. Be Polite.

Then Vote for Joe Biden.

Vote Blue Down Ballot. All dems for all elected office. Kick these motley crew of corrupt and sociopath Republicans to the Curb.

Registered Republicans, We need you too.

ALL HANDS ON DECK!

by Anonymousreply 486October 15, 2020 5:59 PM

Coney Barret is going to rip Medical Care from the American People. She is a nutjob.

Her thinking is outside of Democracy. She is Pro Theocracy. Theocracy very very BAD! Democracy very very GOOD!

The Founding Fathers had two enemies and wrote about this extensively: Monarchy/Oligarchy and Theocracy (inc theocratic movements). They called it Tyranny and Treason. They would have HATED Amy Coney Barrett. STOP HER!

Call Your Republicans Senators, if you have one. Tell them NO on Barrett.

by Anonymousreply 487October 15, 2020 6:05 PM

She is against the American People. She will gut all Medical Care Programs for the American people. Also , she will gut Social Security and Medicare. Her thinking is outside the scope of Democracy. She is PRO THEOCRACY.

by Anonymousreply 488October 15, 2020 6:08 PM

Coney Barrett has a long track record of participating in religious organization that want to hurt LGBT community. She wants to let women die without medical care. She could care less about babies, unborn or born, She is Pro Theocracy. Theocracy is very very bad.

by Anonymousreply 489October 15, 2020 6:15 PM

She and her ilk really enjoy hurting people. It gives them smug self-satisfaction to go after people they consider less than themselves like gays, minorities, those with differing beliefs, the poor, (non-pious) women, etc. The whole GOP party is like that. She is disgusting person and the thought of her on the US Supreme Court makes me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 490October 15, 2020 6:39 PM

R490, what will never stop galling me is that someone like McConnell is at the helm. Literally from a state without a pot to piss in telling a place like NY to "go bankrupt." Bitch, where's your shit, worthless state going to get money if NY goes bankrupt? The arrogance with these welfare, red state cunts is appalling.

by Anonymousreply 491October 15, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote] Siena/NYT polls suggests Graham has polled significantly better as he's gotten the opportunity to preside over cordial, collegial confirmation hearings. If it's tight, Feinstein's praise and (literal) embrace of Graham might just cost Harrison the race. Quote Tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492October 15, 2020 7:45 PM

This is why people like Feinstein and Schumer need to fucking go. I'm tired of Republicans getting to be as repulsive as possible only to get a pat on the back by Democrats. She's a dinosaur who needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 493October 15, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote] This is why we { Dems } will ALWAYS fail. WE let this happen. The Repigs don't give a fuck what we think about them. That's why they get away with shit and we take the high road. For what? So we can lose, AGAIN???????????? This entire thing is bullshit and Dems are the pussiest of pussies! THIS IS OUR FAULT! PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!

If POTUS were a Democrat + the Senate majority were Democrats, the Democrats would be doing exactly the same thing. I.e., getting a SCOTUS Justice appointed before the election results came out. It's the smart thing to do. The Democrats would not be taking the so-called "high road" and waiting until after the election results.

Obama did *not* have a Democrat majority in the Senate. He could not get his nominee (Garland) through.

by Anonymousreply 494October 15, 2020 7:58 PM

R494, BULLSHIT. This is the first time in the history of the country this has been done. To seat a SC when people are already voting? That's the reason Dems are looked at as weak, because they do in fact take the highroad, they do in fact believe in decorum.

The GOP over the last 30 years have been playing a level of dirty politics that shames this country.

by Anonymousreply 495October 15, 2020 8:31 PM

Ted Lieu should replace Feinstein.

by Anonymousreply 496October 15, 2020 8:33 PM

Call your Republican Senators. Tell them NO on Barrett. Something is happening.

CALL CALL CALL NOW

by Anonymousreply 497October 15, 2020 9:27 PM

Unless she has a house husband which I seriously doubt-I wish somebody had brought up her cult, this is not mainstream American cafeteria Catholicism, these are a bunch of smiling gentle sneaky bastards-they've got people helping them with 7 kids. In other words dumping their responsibilities for their family on other paid people which is rich when you've got such conservative values and you are using them to manipulate the lives of other people.

by Anonymousreply 498October 15, 2020 9:34 PM

Of course they have help and they may even have other members of the cult living in their house. Amy apparently lived with another cult family when she was at law school.

by Anonymousreply 499October 15, 2020 9:39 PM

There is a Republican Religious Fraction that is breaking away. They do not want Coney Barrett.

Call your Republican Senator and tell them NO on Barrett. Say you are part of the religious right but do not want Coney Barrett. Tell them they should focus on the Stimulus bill and pandemic response instead.

CALL CALL CALL NOW!

by Anonymousreply 500October 15, 2020 9:41 PM

Why don't they want her if they are also religious? I've already called and wrote mine this week but I'm just curious why they're turning now?

by Anonymousreply 501October 15, 2020 9:45 PM

Because religious organization want different things. There are Christians who still want to live in a Democracy.

by Anonymousreply 502October 15, 2020 10:12 PM

I don't know if anyone else brought this up, but how is she going to devote herself to the profound level of scholarship expected of SUPREME COURT JUSTICE while raising seven children. One with special needs. I truly don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 503October 15, 2020 10:31 PM

That's why the justices have clerks, who do most of the work. You think the elderly Ginsberg was doing any legal analysis on her own?

by Anonymousreply 504October 15, 2020 10:47 PM

Whose god is the official god of the Supreme Court? One god says one thing and another god says another thing. Which god will prevail in God’s America?

by Anonymousreply 505October 15, 2020 11:09 PM

To be fair 'eyes in the back of one's head' was once a common expression though I haven't heard it in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 506October 15, 2020 11:27 PM

[quote]Whose god is the official god of the Supreme Court?

The god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

by Anonymousreply 507October 15, 2020 11:30 PM

R506, that was half the creepiness of it: she seems to have travelled here from some other era.

by Anonymousreply 508October 15, 2020 11:33 PM

Yes, I thought of that as well. I agree.

by Anonymousreply 509October 15, 2020 11:58 PM

r495, Don't bother. r495 is a Deplorable Trump troll. His use of "Democrat" instead of the proper term "Democratic" should have been a tip off of that.

by Anonymousreply 510October 16, 2020 12:08 AM

I meant r495 is a Deplorable Trump troll, not r495.

Sorry r495.

by Anonymousreply 511October 16, 2020 12:11 AM

Ok, I did it again.

Last try: I meant r494 is the Deplorable not r495.

Yeesh. I need a break.

by Anonymousreply 512October 16, 2020 12:12 AM

Do SC justices have round the clock security similar to the Secret Service? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 513October 16, 2020 12:47 AM

It's all good, r512. I knew you meant me.

I've got some Kentucky Straight if you'd liked a shot to relax.

by Anonymousreply 514October 16, 2020 1:14 AM

[QUOTE] Do SC justices have round the clock security similar to the Secret Service? Asking for a friend.

I don’t know if it’s around the clock but they at least have some kind of transportation/protection. Justice Sotomayor lives two blocks away from me and I’ve seen her escorted by agents into her condo building after getting out of a black SUV.

by Anonymousreply 515October 16, 2020 2:38 AM

Justice Sotomayor must be vomiting blood. She is the most emotional of them all. A great and stupendous pick by Obama. She was all charm and less legalese during hearings. A pleasure to watch. She didn't have to maneuver much - she was full of warmth and strength and wisdom and humanity. In and out of legalese. So much more profoundly human and womanly than Amy could ever be. A single woman who loves opera and red wine. I don't mean to pit women against other women. But Ruth Bader Ginsburg was not some ball of personality or fun or intrigue or intellect when not doing her job. Her life story is not on Netflix. RBG had the greatest ideas to get there, and she plotted real advancement in legal rights for women by each case she chose to represent. But the documentary makes destiny out of happenstance. She took a bilious shit on protecting her own accomplishments by refusing to retire. RBG was always aspie-rational.

Amy will be the first housewife on the Supreme Court. In addition to everything else wrong and corrupted about her - she is regressive.

by Anonymousreply 516October 16, 2020 4:38 AM

We wouldn't be in this situation if RBG had just retired. Makes me furious and tarnishes her legacy.

by Anonymousreply 517October 16, 2020 11:44 AM

This week has been so depressing hearing about this horrid woman. One thing I don’t get about “conservatives” is I can see being opposed to gay marriage and abortion on religious grounds, but don’t get how that always goes hand in hand with not wanting people to have affordable healthcare, a clean environment, or to be taken advantage of by predatory corporations. All that comes as a package with them. Are they all just really sociopaths?

by Anonymousreply 518October 16, 2020 1:12 PM

[quote] Amy will be the first housewife on the Supreme Court

She is not a housewife! Since when are housewives also law professors and supreme court justices. The Right hyphenate powerful woman with housewife to soften them and make them seem more moral and less threatening than 'feminist' women. It's total BS.

by Anonymousreply 519October 16, 2020 1:39 PM

Here's an (perhaps overly simplistic) way I've started looking at it, R518:

The only way one can feel entitled to assert control over anyone else's authority over their own body or emotions is to convince themselves that they have a superiority. We talk about white supremacy fairly often, but adjacent to that are historical supremacy, colonial supremacy...and religious supremacy.

Having bought into the notion of a hierarchical society, they then continue with a power-drunk application to all things, including those you listed. This also helps explain why "cruelty is the point" and why so many of their ilk act exclusively to "own the libs"--it morphs into another realm where the only thing that mattes is having control. The exception (or allegiance, I guess) is that deference is given to whomever who, by the defaults of race or class or whatever, have already attained their peerage.

by Anonymousreply 520October 16, 2020 1:41 PM

[quote] To seat a SC when people are already voting?

I keep hearing this being said, but no one explains why this is a concern. The president, Congress, and the Supreme Court continue working during any election.

by Anonymousreply 521October 16, 2020 3:03 PM

[quote] Are they all just really sociopaths?

Yes. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 522October 16, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote]I keep hearing this being said, but no one explains why this is a concern. The president, Congress, and the Supreme Court continue working during any election.

Are you a troll or genuinely naive? Trump and the Republicans are incredibly unpopular and KNOW they will lose and they are going against the wishes of the overwhelming majority of the American people who feel a NEW president should get to pick a lifetime appt. And it doesn't help when their choice represents a minority of this country. Most people believe in a woman's right to choose, gay rights and the ACA. And it will be six people who take that away.

It also goes against tradition. Shockingly, tradition can sometimes be a good thing. This has never been done before because we've never before had such unethical, immoral garbage in power.

by Anonymousreply 523October 16, 2020 7:28 PM

Trump went on and on about how he is gutting medical care for the American people. He was spitting venom at Savanna, when he was talking about this. This is the only thing he got into depth about. How he is gutting medical care for the American people, right now and during a pandemic.

VOTE TRUMP OUT! VOTE ALL REPUBLICANS OUT!

Vote for Joe Biden!

Vote blue down ballot. We have to take the congress to pass a bill to protect the American people.

by Anonymousreply 524October 16, 2020 7:52 PM

The American people need PROTECTION for the billionaire donors of the RNC (republican national committee). We have to stop them.

Vote for Joe Biden!

Vote Blue Down Ballot!

by Anonymousreply 525October 16, 2020 7:55 PM

They are not sociopaths they are psychopaths. Sociopaths have something resembling a conscience. These people have none and are willing to gut the country for their personal ideology as in Barrett and financial malfeasance as in the case of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 526October 16, 2020 9:10 PM

you say psychopaths, i say sociopath.

Just vote for Joe Biden now. And Blue Down Ballot! Early vote, if you can.

by Anonymousreply 527October 16, 2020 10:01 PM

Barrett was gifted judgeship on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit via Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell holding the position open for two years, waiting out President Barack Obama's term, despite Obama having nominated Donald Schott much prior to a month from the election. The Schott nomination expired by way of "adjournment sine die".

That she would even participate in all this underhandedness tells you so much about her. They've been grooming her, and she will be a Christian Supremacist/Republican operative on the SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 528October 17, 2020 3:47 AM

She seems to be a snarky tween. Much like Beerbong Brett.

So dumb, so stunted. May history remember them as the stupidest people ever be on the Court.

by Anonymousreply 529October 17, 2020 5:57 AM

All those children- and one retarded- and now a demanding job. I guess she figures she can afford nannies now with her new salary.

by Anonymousreply 530October 17, 2020 7:59 AM

She and her husband (I assume) have demanding careers. How did they have seven children without help? And if they did have help it holds up their extremist christian values up to ridicule. I can't believe the dems didn't go after People of Praise. Even Catholics hate that shit. But Dems are incapable of swimming in shark infested waters without getting eaten alive.

And Feinstein should be thrown out on her ass for getting all warm and fuzzy and hugging Miss Lindsey. Sickening.

by Anonymousreply 531October 17, 2020 2:24 PM

Please, she and her husband are already wealthy. Her current salary is $200,000, and that's presumably a pittance compared to what her husband makes (he's a partner in a big-deal law firm). Those kids were never going to be her problem. They make a nice display, though.

by Anonymousreply 532October 17, 2020 6:27 PM

I was hoping to hear from abused au pairs and dailies. They must have been paid off to stay silent and out of sight.

by Anonymousreply 533October 17, 2020 7:00 PM

[quote]Trump plans to name conservative activist Tom Fitton to court oversight agency

[quote]The founder of Judicial Watch would sit on the D.C. Commission on Judicial Disabilities and Tenure, which has the power to remove certain judges for misconduct.

story at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534October 17, 2020 8:29 PM

^ We've talked about Fitton here before. Closet case.

by Anonymousreply 535October 17, 2020 8:31 PM

Can that neo-Nazi shit be removed under the Dems? ^

by Anonymousreply 536October 18, 2020 12:57 AM

So if the final say, the courts, are in control of radical Christian corporate fundamentalists subverting the will of the people how do we throw them off (if we aren’t able to repack the courts). Do we have to live by their rules? I wish I knew how we could tell the US Supreme Court to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 537October 18, 2020 1:18 AM

Earlier thread about Fitton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538October 18, 2020 1:23 AM

[quote]One thing I don’t get about “conservatives” is I can see being opposed to gay marriage and abortion on religious grounds, but don’t get how that always goes hand in hand with not wanting people to have affordable healthcare, a clean environment, or to be taken advantage of by predatory corporations. All that comes as a package with them. Are they all just really sociopaths?

And the "pro-life" ones never seem to have any problem with the death penalty, and they want guns everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 539October 18, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote]not wanting people to have affordable healthcare

Everyone wants everyone to have affordable healthcare. The issue is how to accomplish it.

by Anonymousreply 540October 18, 2020 1:33 AM

#540, the Republicans never talked about it til the Democrats came up with plan.

Christians only want a theocracy. Anybody else doesn't belong.

by Anonymousreply 541October 18, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote]the Republicans never talked about it til the Democrats came up with plan.

because they haven't believed that the Federal government should have a role in it.

by Anonymousreply 542October 18, 2020 1:52 AM

Sorry, let me try that link again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543October 18, 2020 2:31 AM

If Fitton is the kind of scum who can so easily be added to such a commission, it renders the commission meaningless. He could not be a less qualified choice. He's a despicable individual who has no business judging anyone.

by Anonymousreply 544October 18, 2020 2:50 AM

They need to enact term limits for Justices on the Supreme Court. I've heard 18 years and that would give us 2 seats. Thomas and Breyer bye bye,

by Anonymousreply 545October 18, 2020 5:05 PM

Are other democracies terrorized by a panel of 9 individuals?

by Anonymousreply 546October 18, 2020 5:40 PM

[Quote] Everyone wants everyone to have affordable healthcare. The issue is how to accomplish it.

There are only two ways:

1) Rely on the private market, include those with preexisting conditions, require all to have insurance (individual mandate)—-Obamacare which is based on the Republican model.

2) Single payer— everyone pays taxes to the Fed govt, which pays for healthcare—Medicare for All, the Dem model.

Sure there are minor variations of these two models but those are really the only ways to cover everyone while keeping costs down.

So when Trump says he has a healthcare plan that keeps preexisting conditions but doesn’t include the individual mandate to pay for them, he’s lying.

by Anonymousreply 547October 18, 2020 6:02 PM

[Quote] because they haven't believed that the Federal government should have a role in it.

Yet, economist after economist says free market principles don’t work in healthcare. And when market principles were tried, the fed govt had to step in and create Medicare, Medicaid, and the VA because the private market, hoping to maximize profits, excluded the elderly, the poor, and vets

by Anonymousreply 548October 18, 2020 6:05 PM

Well, white women, when you voted for Trump by a majority, did you hope Roe V Wade would be overturned? If so, you got your wish

by Anonymousreply 549October 18, 2020 6:06 PM

R546, I wouldn't say "nine." The ones who leaned left were always on the right side of history. Always.

by Anonymousreply 550October 18, 2020 6:40 PM

R550 I get what you are saying but to have 9 unelected individuals in charge of basic human rights (or the lack thereof) is very undemocratic and not a representation of the people. This nonsense that a Constitution is not a living document and needs to adhered to without question needs to change in the US if progress is ever to be achieved.

by Anonymousreply 551October 18, 2020 6:56 PM

I thought the majority of women don't want abortion to be legal? Still it should have no bearing on those who choose to have one.

by Anonymousreply 552October 18, 2020 7:23 PM

No, most women want Roe can Wade to remain intact

by Anonymousreply 553October 18, 2020 7:27 PM

No, most women want Roe can Wade to remain intact

by Anonymousreply 554October 18, 2020 7:27 PM

So, if Trump’s not lying, he’s in favor of Single Payer !

by Anonymousreply 555October 18, 2020 7:49 PM

R552, you can't seriously believe most women are against having control over their own bodies. Even the ones who claim they're against it, just want to keep it from other women, but have access themselves.

There would be a lot more sick babies out there and babies like you see out of the third world with three heads if women here weren't finding access to abortions. You think it's just a coincidence we don't have tons more children with birth defects here out of luck? I guarantee you once that first sonogram comes through and that child is abnormal, the doctor helps out with immediate termination.

by Anonymousreply 556October 18, 2020 7:55 PM

[quote] Single payer— everyone pays taxes to the Fed govt, which pays for healthcare—Medicare for All, the Dem model.

No, this is the model and reality of the civilized world. America is too greedy, divided and corrupt to ever achieve it. Even most Democrats are weak on it and the ones that aren't are labelled "socialists." The united STATES are 100 years behind the times, in education and healthcare. Oh, and slavery. That too. Black people still lining up for 12 hours to vote in a box that will later be discounted or lost. Or they'll show up on election day and some proud boys will beat them down. America should be nothing but ashamed. Before Trump and after he's gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557October 18, 2020 9:59 PM

[quote]No, this is the model and reality of the civilized world. America is too greedy, divided and corrupt to ever achieve it. Even most Democrats are weak on it and the ones that aren't are labelled "socialists."

Then they would do well to beware of unintended consequences (i.e., revolutionary communism).

by Anonymousreply 558October 18, 2020 10:03 PM

Cisgender is an asshole term only used by assholes. I'm a man. I was biologically born one. I wasn't assigned male at birth. Before you know it they'll say dogs and cats were assigned sexes at birth. Who are these dickheads who give ammunition to conservative pigs? You're damn right I'm triggered by woke pigs.

by Anonymousreply 559October 19, 2020 9:35 PM

R559, you sound like one of the conservatives that you're complaining about. They're the ones who hate trans people and use "woke" as an insult. Btw, conservatives think gays aren't real men

by Anonymousreply 560October 19, 2020 10:15 PM

I don't give a damn what conservatives or what 'woke' people think. Cis is a fucking insulting term. It's condescending. If a trans person wants to call themselves a 'man' or 'woman' without the 'trans' that's absolutely fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 561October 19, 2020 11:46 PM

It's as simple as this. Biological men and women do NOT need to add a prefix in front of their gender. Ever. Transformers are free to add a modifier to their chosen gender identity. Done.

by Anonymousreply 562October 19, 2020 11:54 PM

R561, you sure sound like a conservative. I don't know why else you'd get so worked up over a word that means "not transgender"

Or maybe you're just pretending to be offended by it to score points against a group of people you don't like. Either that or you are VERY easily offended

by Anonymousreply 563October 20, 2020 12:12 AM

Nope, he's right. Cis is a bullshit term.

by Anonymousreply 564October 20, 2020 12:14 AM

[quote]This nonsense that a Constitution is not a living document

It's a living document in that it can be, and has been, updated by amendments. If there is anything outdated in the Constitution, the Congress passes an appropriate amendment and sends it to the states for approval. If it's a change that does not have sufficient support, with an insufficient proportion of senators, representatives and states in agreement, it will fail.

There's no provision in the Constitution to have its meaning changed or updated by the judiciary.

by Anonymousreply 565October 20, 2020 2:54 AM

It is a living document and you believe in an inclusive dynamic, diverse America

or

You are an Originalist and are fundamentally a racist in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 566October 21, 2020 9:30 AM

Miz Amy sure has played her cult identity and ideology in an effective way to reach her personal ambitions.

She's less a scholar and more a conniving tool for corporate greed.and other Republican and right-wing interest groups.

by Anonymousreply 567October 21, 2020 9:54 AM

National Catholic Reporter "Her willingness to become a collaborator, complete with the required adoring look at the president at the super-spreader event at which she was nominated, is not enough to justify a negative vote, but it set the table. What disqualifies Barrett is the extreme moral relativism she displayed in her confirmation hearing. Not so long ago, moral relativism was the war cry of cultural conservatives, at least since then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger enounced the "dictatorship of relativism" at the last Mass before the cardinals entered the conclave of 2005 from which Ratzinger emerged as Pope Benedict XVI. ... It is her bad faith in discussing the law that warrants disqualifying her. About the evils of climate change, access to health care and voter intimidation, Americans deserve better than a relativist dressed in originalist drag. The Senate should vote no on the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568October 21, 2020 9:29 PM

Senate Democrats plan to boycott committee vote, fill empty seats with photos of people who would be hurt by rescinding the ACA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569October 21, 2020 9:35 PM

Wow, the Catholic Reporter went there.

by Anonymousreply 570October 22, 2020 1:41 AM

Much like Scalia’s and Alito’s before her, Amy’s writings reveal a stunningly immature and angry (in the way your 12-year-old gets “angry”) mind and temperament.

Then you have her in-person temperament, which again approximates a sullen tween.

It is hard for me to believe these people occupy the same planet as the rest of us. I feel so sorry for her kids.

by Anonymousreply 571October 22, 2020 1:52 AM

Is that Catholic site an important source of news for Catholics?

by Anonymousreply 572October 22, 2020 2:03 AM

[quote]Is that Catholic site an important source of news for Catholics?

It's for Catholics who don't believe in Catholicism. Their existence is the weirdest thing about an already weird sect.

by Anonymousreply 573October 22, 2020 2:10 AM

The Dems need to expand the court to THIRTEEN and THEN investigate Kavanaugh and Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 574October 22, 2020 4:41 AM

Lock her up!!

by Anonymousreply 575October 22, 2020 5:23 AM

All it would take is a handful of Republican Senators to say no. They would be hailed as heroes.

She's not qualified, and her ascension is suspect and distasteful.

by Anonymousreply 576October 22, 2020 8:35 AM

The Judiciary Committee rules state that at least TWO Democrats have to be present for a vote to be taken.

Of course, that means that the Republicans will either 1) break the rules like their Dear Leader has been doing for four years OR 2) change the rules. Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 577October 22, 2020 3:03 PM

I'm depressed over this monster being on the Supreme Court. Republicans ruin everything and now their destroying the courts. They truly make life miserable for everyone not themselves (and for many of the white trash idiot Republicans who vote for them anyway).

by Anonymousreply 578October 22, 2020 3:11 PM

I don't care about Schumer and his little protest vote. Fucking do something DAY ONE. Republicans are not your friends, Schumer. Either show you have the guts to do what needs to be done or move the fuck out of the way and put a stronger person as majority leader. I'm tired of Dem weakness. Fucking tired of it.

Show you've earned the Dem majority by doing what the majority of people believe in. Make this woman and the rest of those right-wing assholes obsolete on day one.

by Anonymousreply 579October 22, 2020 3:23 PM

Does it ever even cross her mind how classless this is on her part to have accepted the nomination or is the power grab the only thing she thinks about (and all that she will be remembered for)? That she will be remembered for her lack of decency for being party to something never done in the history of this country. She doesn't see that her selection will always be seen as tainted?

by Anonymousreply 580October 22, 2020 3:32 PM

Article from a year ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581October 23, 2020 12:28 AM

William Barr and Amy Barrett are from the same right wing faction of Catholicism. Authoritarianism and assimilating church & state.

Oh, and corruption as the end justifies the means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582October 23, 2020 12:35 AM

She should have been torn to shreds by the Dems for her evangelical leanings and exploiting of her children. We really need a justice on the supreme court who believes in speaking in tongues! Like all the republicans. Properly put even the Catholics would hate her. Nancy Pelosi once made the sign of the cross at some non religious event and my very Catholic mother found it offensive.

by Anonymousreply 583October 23, 2020 5:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584October 23, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] The only other people linked to RLT in the sparse filing are either longtime Federalist Society officials-turned-consultants like Leo, or operatives with a long history working behind the scenes on dark money groups tied to Leo. For example, RLT’s single largest payment in 2018 was a $1.5 million consulting fee paid to Jonathan Bunch, a former vice president of the Federalist Society who has been involved in a number of entities tied to Leo. Bunch is now the president of CRC Advisors, a firm formed by Leo this past January. RLT paid an additional $300,004 to a firm called YAS, LLC for consulting. According to DC government records, the firm is registered to Maria Marshall, a former director of operations at the Federalist Society who currently serves as the vice president of CRC Advisors.

[quote] As of last year, JCN operated out of an office on the same hallway as the Federalist Society in downtown Washington, DC. For years, JCN has been funded almost entirely by the Wellspring Committee — which was in turn funded by massive seven- and eight-figure contributions from anonymous donors. In 2016, JCN spent millions to pressure senators to not consider President Obama’s last Supreme Court nominee, Judge Merrick Garland. The following year, it poured millions into the fight to confirm President Trump’s first nominee, Justice Neil Gorsuch, to fill the same seat on the bench. The group’s president, Carrie Severino, tweeted a picture from Gorsuch’s swearing-in in the White House Rose Garden.

[quote] In 2018, the cycle repeated for Justice Kavanaugh’s nomination, and now JCN is pouring millions into the fight to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to fill the seat opened by the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585October 24, 2020 2:43 PM

We need to accept that barring a miracle this cunt will get in. What we decide to do after that is what matters.

by Anonymousreply 586October 24, 2020 5:22 PM

My prediction:

1] Biden will pack the court and raise the number to 13 (Christians cream over the number 13 and would raise it to 13 their first chance anyway.)

2] THEN the DoJ relaunches and completes the Kavanaugh investigation all the way back to Justin Kennedy and his dad's sudden retirement.

3] THEN launch an investigation into Thomas and his wife and his making millions off of his judgements.

by Anonymousreply 587October 25, 2020 7:48 PM

Barrett & Thomas will vote 100% alike on everything.

Agree, r587, Clarene and Ginni show some shenanigans are happening. They need scrutiny, and Clarence removed.

by Anonymousreply 588October 25, 2020 9:48 PM

Justice Kavanaugh was not on Trump's original list of potential SCOTUS nominees but magically appeared on a revised list a few months before Justice Kennedy retired. Kennedy wanted to essentially pick his own replacement.

by Anonymousreply 589October 25, 2020 10:36 PM

These SCOTUS appointments will never be undone. Let's move on if we're lucky enough to be rid of the fascist kleptocrats in power.

It will take decades to undo the damage to everyday lives.

by Anonymousreply 590October 25, 2020 10:53 PM

I hope Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh make her suck their dicks.

by Anonymousreply 591October 25, 2020 10:53 PM

Hopefully she enjoys explicit discussions of Thomas’s pornography preferences and pubic hairs on her coke can.

by Anonymousreply 592October 25, 2020 10:58 PM

I'm gonna grope the shit out of her at my kegger!

by Anonymousreply 593October 25, 2020 11:06 PM

[quote]Feinstein should have called her out on her use of the term Sexual Preference instead of Sexual Orientation. I was shocked she didn't. The use of that term explicitly telegraphs her beliefs on the subject.

But that's how Biden described it and what Republicans will come back with.

by Anonymousreply 594October 25, 2020 11:17 PM

Susan Collins to vote “no” on Barrett confirmation. Lisa Murkowski will vote “yes”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595October 26, 2020 12:27 AM

NYT's Nicholas Fandos today:

McConnell, just after the Senate votes to limit debate on Amy Coney Barrett: "A lot of what we’ve done over the last four years will be undone sooner or later by the next election. They won’t be able to do much about this for a long time to come."

by Anonymousreply 596October 26, 2020 12:30 AM

^DIE, Motherfucker! DIE! DIE! DIE!

( Not you, R596)

by Anonymousreply 597October 26, 2020 12:51 AM

My bro Kavy told me about this religious fanatic.

by Anonymousreply 598October 26, 2020 1:27 AM

"I hope Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh make her suck their dicks."

I did

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599October 26, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote] White House is working on hosting an outdoor event for a ceremonial swearing in of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court that could come late tomorrow night after her expected confirmation tomorrow by the Senate, senior administration sources tell @ABC News w/ @KFaulders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 26, 2020 2:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!