Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bizarre personal theories you have that only you believe

Mine: Trump is a high-functioning Aspie who leans mostly asexual and consciously cultivates the image of a lecherous, chauvinistic poonhound because in his mine that's how "real" men are. He was likely subjected to the most harrowing physical and emotional abuse by his father throughout for not being "normal."

Not that I feel sorry for the fat fuck or anything.

by Anonymousreply 197October 18, 2020 3:59 PM

That is a bizarre theory. What kind of mine is it--gold? Diamond?

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2020 4:57 PM

Aspies are sensitive and intelligent. He's just a narcissist. I agree with everything else though.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2020 4:57 PM

Q is right that there's a global pedo ring. But it's Putin running it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2020 4:59 PM

Trump? An aspie? Oh, my sides!

I know some DLers like to constantly accuse people of being “aspies,” but there’s no way on earth Dump could be considered one! An unhinged lunatic? Yes. An aspie? No.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2020 4:59 PM

Nancy Pelosi has killed several people.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2020 5:03 PM

He's not aspie. He has ODD and undiagnosed ADHD which resulted in behavioral problems along with narcissistic personality disorder. His old classmates and teachers, while they were alive, said he was a bully, pathological liar and literally dared people to call him out on his lies, which most did not. That's why it was never corrected. I remember one describing him as lying through his teeth with arms crossed across his chest and defiantly sneering at her. As a result he lies without even realizing it and about things that don't need to be lied about.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2020 5:05 PM

R4 believe me, I rolled my eyes when I first read someone accusing him of being one on DL, but I've since changed my tune after learning about his weird behavioral traits (teetotaler, a germaphobe, doesn't like animals, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2020 5:05 PM

Threads like this are more interesting than threads that have Trump in the OPic.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2020 5:05 PM

[quote]I've since changed my tune after learning about his weird behavioral traits (teetotaler, a germaphobe, doesn't like animals, etc.).

That's OCD behavior right there.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2020 5:06 PM

I don't think he's a germaphobe if he goes around grabbing pussies or eating McD's.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2020 5:16 PM

Checkmate, R8.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2020 5:18 PM

I don't think OP is too off the mark, actually.

Aspies can be extremely narcissistic, R2.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2020 5:18 PM

Aspies don’t dislike animals. Where in earth are you getting that?

He has no Aspie traits.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2020 5:19 PM

Aspies start off very sensitive and then become disenchanted with world from all the heavy-handed behavior they endure for not being “normal”. I don’t think Aspies are born psychotic, they’re made psychotic by macho American culture.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2020 5:25 PM

Eldergays here give some peculiar meaning to the word "aspie" that I'm yet to understand but I already know that it has nothing to do with Aspergers.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2020 5:26 PM

What's up with Trump and no animals? Not even his kids were allowed pets? Something very fucked up about that.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2020 5:26 PM

R15 basically anyone who is socially awkward and not a good time party gal.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2020 5:27 PM

R16 it's because pets mean unconditional love and caring for someone smaller and weaker than you and he cannot comprehend that.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote][R15] basically anyone who is socially awkward and not a good time party gal.

Or, in the case of Matt Bomer, someone who takes a single photograph with an odd facial expression.

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2020 5:30 PM

Hitler loved his dogs, and they adored him, so I don't think Trump not having a dog is some clue. He doesn't like anything he can't control.

Stop saying he's aspie. We actual aspies already have enough of a challenge without psychos being compared to us, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2020 5:30 PM

[quote]Aspies are sensitive and intelligent.

You realize that's actually a myth right?

by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2020 5:32 PM

There are two hallowed truths on DL:

1. Sushi gives you worms

2. Aspies are psychos

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2020 5:35 PM

Enough of that shit-stain Trump, on to MY idiotic idiosyncrasies!

A - I only allow myself to push one button on the microwave, so I will cook something for 33 seconds, or 2:22 but never 2:30; it's more of a game than a theory but I do it all the time.

B - Because of "germs" I refuse to eat off of plates that have cracks or chips in them; I know it's just a visual gross-out thing for me not any kind of actual health threat, but again I'm consistent .

by Anonymousreply 23October 11, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote]Because of "germs" I refuse to eat off of plates that have cracks or chips in them; I know it's just a visual gross-out thing for me not any kind of actual health threat

I threw out some coffee mugs last week that had cracks in them.

by Anonymousreply 24October 11, 2020 5:41 PM

[quote]I only allow myself to push one button on the microwave, so I will cook something for 33 seconds, or 2:22 but never 2:30; it's more of a game than a theory but I do it all the time.

I thought I was the only person who did that! I do that with any timer, rounding off to the nearest minute, e.g., if something wants to be timed at 5 minutes, I'll set the timer for 4:44, or if it's 2 minutes, I'll set it at 2:22.

by Anonymousreply 25October 11, 2020 5:44 PM

Enough with the "Hitler loved his dogs" bullshit. He fed the cyanide to his dog first in order to check its efficacy, then administered Eva's and his own fatal doses.

P.S. Would YOU want to be djt's pet? (and piss-off, rg)

by Anonymousreply 26October 11, 2020 5:45 PM

I'm glad Trump doesn't have pets. I'm always glad when assholes are self aware enough not to have them.

Too many of them are not.

by Anonymousreply 27October 11, 2020 5:57 PM

R26 who is rg?

I don't want to argue with you but Hitler no doubt loved his dog and thought he was saving it from a horrible existence without him. People do do that. Suiciders often take their animals with them. The Goebbels killed their kids to save them from their fate from the liberators, which was fucked up because no one was going to punish children or animals.

by Anonymousreply 28October 11, 2020 6:02 PM

R25 because of people like you, I would always leave extra time on the microwaves in the break room at work. 5 seconds here 10 seconds there 11 seconds there. It drove all the OCD people crazy.

So much that they had to leave passive aggressive notes on top of the microwave. I didn't give shit, I just liked seeing the fur fly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 11, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote][R25] because of people like you, I would always leave extra time on the microwaves in the break room at work. 5 seconds here 10 seconds there 11 seconds there. It drove all the OCD people crazy.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

by Anonymousreply 30October 11, 2020 6:14 PM

r28 ...they hung Mussolini's dogs with piano wire, then built a bonfire underneath them to burn them, even though the dogs were already dead... Never underestimate man's cruelty or madness...

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2020 6:41 PM

That's pretty harsh R31. Whatever happened to Marie Antoinette's little dogs?

by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2020 6:43 PM

Also R31 those were his own people, not American and Soviet "liberators".

by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2020 6:44 PM

r33...exactly...

by Anonymousreply 34October 11, 2020 6:52 PM

The jokes on you R29 - I would just use your 11 left over seconds. They’re FREE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 35October 11, 2020 8:27 PM

R32 according to legend, Marie Antoinette's spaniel Thisbe was present at her execution. Upon seeing her owner get beheaded, she let out a long howl and a soldier responded by stabbed her in the heart with a bayonet

by Anonymousreply 36October 11, 2020 8:46 PM

I suspect Putin gave Hillary pneumonia, which Trump alluded to many times before it was obvious to the general public..

Putin has already killed or debilitated the leaders of the Russian opposition in Russia. Also the leaders of Georgia and Ukraine. He’s also killed a dissident in London! He’s a monster,

by Anonymousreply 37October 11, 2020 8:46 PM

Definitely legend R36. I suspect the reality was far more prosaic.

by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2020 8:52 PM

Definitely legend R36. I suspect the reality was far more prosaic.

by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote] I'm glad Trump doesn't have pets. I'm always glad when assholes are self aware enough not to have them.

Most US presidents make a big deal out of their dogs or cats (Socks, Bill Clinton's cat, etc.). This is the first time I'm giving Trump credit for anything. I'm glad he did not get an animal to show off to the world. (Let's face it, for politicians, animals are used the same as wives, children, and Christianity. To show what a great, normal guy you are.)

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2020 8:59 PM

R39 I wouldn't be surprised if the dog actually was killed simply for being association with the royal family. People are fucking disgusting, cruel cunts. Reading about what they did to Mussolini's dogs pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2020 9:00 PM

I think he knowingly knew he had Covid before the debate and wanted to infect Biden. He doesn't care. He's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2020 9:05 PM

I’ve always thought that there is much more to the story about that intruder into the Queen’s bedroom at Buckingham Palace. It happened around 40 years ago and you really don’t hear much from him. Now and then you’ll see an article about him but it’s always treated as an unfortunate time in the man’s life. I would not doubt it at all if security personnel made it clear that they would do some serious harm to him or his family if he ever repeated what really happened.

I admire the Queen greatly and always have. I don’t say this lightly as some sort of a joke — physical or sexual assault is never a topic for lighthearted musings. I don’t even view this as a conspiracy theory. Just a bizarre personal theory.

by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote] according to legend, regarding Marie Antoinette...

It is said that she stepped on her execution’s foot as she approached the guillotine. Her last words were then “Pardon me, Monsieur, I did not mean to do that”.

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2020 9:16 PM

Lindsay Graham actually despises that tax-evading, racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile, only pretends to support him, and he is the adult in the room.

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2020 9:31 PM

Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus are both borderline mentally retarded, as in very low IQ.

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2020 9:33 PM

I discovered several years ago that the time 11:11 is an auspicious moment. Thought I was the only one who believe this, but found that many other people believe this as well.

by Anonymousreply 47October 11, 2020 9:41 PM

He's a sociopath which includes excessive narcissism. He's a con artist and a pathological liar which he does with ease. Everything he does is self-serving. Concern for his family is looked at as serving a purpose for him. He has no really true friends, just people who are convenient to use. Cross or defy him, one is seen as an adversary and becomes subject to his vindictive obsession. Only total sycophants and "yes men" types can work for him. He craves praise, recognition, and money by whatever means it can be obtained, legally and illegally. Money is the status measure for him.

by Anonymousreply 48October 11, 2020 9:43 PM

I hate Mondays. Tuesday though Sunday, I’m very productive and busy, but on Mondays I’m just blah. I never start a project on Mondays, never want sex on Mondays, will microwave leftovers rather than cook a fresh meal on Mondays, etc. Don’t know why. Any day other than Monday, I’m fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 11, 2020 10:15 PM

Tiny house chic

Hoarders (TV series)

Marie Kondo

Carbon offset purchase programs

Downsizing

Save a turtle, save the world, use paper straws

I don't disagree with all the these things but I do think ideas are the sort 1) get a sort of chump change throwaway money from very rich donors because lowering expectations and telling people to live small benefits some who live big, and 2) is a perfect distraction for middle aged fraud and the young and idealistic from more dangerous causes.

by Anonymousreply 50October 11, 2020 10:23 PM

I’ve just been through the marathon “two weeks of birthdays” that happens every year in late September and early October: twelve friends and family members have birthdays within a two week period.

Leading me to think that an awful lot people get laid between Christmas and New Year’s.

by Anonymousreply 51October 11, 2020 10:37 PM

I think Trump’s mental health issues can be traced back to his father and grandmother both having the middle name ‘Christ’. He grew up, not only with immense privilege, but believing he is the son of Christ. No wonder he acts with demonic arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 52October 11, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote]I’ve just been through the marathon “two weeks of birthdays” that happens every year in late September and early October: twelve friends and family members have birthdays within a two week period.

I have that phenomenon during Aries (late March-April). I'm one of them.

by Anonymousreply 53October 11, 2020 10:39 PM

Harry Styles will fuck anything; got handed around like a chew toy; when he was young is probably fucking Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 54October 11, 2020 10:43 PM

Holiday parties R51. My youngest "surprise" sibling was the result of my parents getting drunk and saying "fuck it" to the condom.

by Anonymousreply 55October 11, 2020 10:47 PM

Joe Namath is responsible for the [italic]Diff’rent Strokes[/italic] curse. He had a show on in that timeslot first that was canceled after three weeks, so he went to a witch to put a curse on whatever replaced it not knowing what it was or whether it would be a success or not.

ALF is real.

The CIA sold crack and cocaine directly to the rich and famous for decades and still runs crack houses near military intelligence settings.

by Anonymousreply 56October 11, 2020 10:57 PM

The idea that Dump is autistic is not unfounded. His kid is allegedly autistic and it is genetic.

by Anonymousreply 57October 11, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote]R56 Joe Namath is responsible for the Diff’rent Strokes curse. He had a show on in that timeslot first that was canceled after three weeks, so he went to a witch to put a curse on whatever replaced it not knowing what it was or whether it would be a success or not.

Truthfully, that sounds like reasonable explanation to me.

by Anonymousreply 58October 11, 2020 11:06 PM

R52 Trump's father was a terrifying fuck. There's a coldness in his eyes that chills my bones. What the hell was up with the Germans?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 11, 2020 11:12 PM

March 25, the Feast of the Assumption, is always unlucky for me. If I can I don't leave the house. If I must I tred very carefully.

by Anonymousreply 60October 11, 2020 11:55 PM

R60, you mean the fest of the Annunciation. The Feast of the Assumption is August 15th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2020 2:20 AM

Over the last 5 years there has been a deliberate, controlled release of scientific and military information about the existence of extra terrestrials and life on other planets to get people used to the fact and avoid mass hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2020 2:28 AM

Dump is going to either kill someone or die on camera. He’s not in reality anymore. He thinks he’s on a show where he’s playing the President, which he sort of was already, but now that he’s sick and dying it’s really not funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2020 2:31 AM

Asians are an alien race that crash landed on Earth centuries ago. No one alive knows the truth about their heritage.

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2020 2:40 AM

We (humans) are a social experiment and funding/time for the study is up.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2020 2:51 AM

My entire life I have been extremely fearful about "Monday the 27th." It's my version of Friday the 13th. I dread every time there's a Monday the 27th. It's not a debilitating fear, just an irrational one, even though some of the worst things that have ever happened to me have occurred on various Monday the 27ths. (My mother died, my car was slammed from behind while I was stopped at a red light, I got my draft notice, I developed a major case of food poisoning, etc., etc., etc.) Monday Sept. 27 is the absolute worst.

As I grew into middle-age, I realized that this phobia was nothing more than coincidental superstition and I'd just ignore it. And ignoring it worked out pretty well. I even started doing things on Monday the 27th that I never would have done in the past, such as deliberately booking a plane flight for that day, or going to the dentist.

THEN—one day I was driving from Santa Barbara to Ventura and listening to some talk show on NPR. The topic was superstitions. And of course, Friday the 13th came up. The person talking said that some university or research organization had conducted an extensive survey and found that there was no evidence that Friday the 13th was any way more dangerous or unlucky than other days. But he then went on to add that there did actually seem to be one day that was indeed more catastrophe-prone than others: [italic]Monday the fucking 27th!![/italic]

Fuck me! I damn near drove off the road into the sea. I was VINDICATED!

So I've now reverted to respecting and fearing the dreaded Monday the 27th. If NPR says it's true, it must be.

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2020 2:57 AM

The Cerutti Mastodon Site does indeed prove that people populated North America more than 100k years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2020 3:15 AM

It is most likely that we will never be found by an intelligent alien race. The distance from another inhabited planet from ours would require centuries or millennia of travel. The time between our first cities and today is only about 10,000 years. We’ll extinguish ourselves before too long, so there’s a very brief window in time for us to be discovered .

Within our lifetimes, by which I mean under 40 years, I predict that scientists will come to believe that they’ve found life on another planet, based a examination of the atmosphere on these foreign worlds. Most likely, they will be planets with single celled bacteria or fungi, or similar. There might be millions of planets with green slime for every one with land animals, and millions of those for every planet with intelligent life.

There is no reason to think that any beings from another planet would look anything like us. Though, the eye has independently evolved as many as 40 times on Earth, so we can expect aliens to have some kind of vision. They may have sensory perception that we don’t have, such as a sense of magnetism, that birds and sharks are thought to have. But we’ll never know about that. They might have some kind of abcestral memory instinct, the kind of thing that guides migrating animals to Places they’ve never been, but which their parents might have been to. Like the butterflies that might migrate from the northern US to their breeding grounds in Mexico, which travel can take generations to complete.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2020 3:15 AM

R68, you're thinking about the future in today's terms. 100 years ago, the technology the we have today would be unthinkable and impossible for people of that time. I believe in the future, science will find a way to accomplish space travel by folding gravity or whatever they do in those space movies.

The UFOs and aliens who visit Earth, I believe, travel through a different dimension. It's unthinkable of how that would be accomplished but it would be the most exciting discovery, just like electricity was in the late 1800's.

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2020 3:35 AM

I believe in plant devas. It's not a personal theory: it's a belief from the Findhorn Foundation. I've just never met anyone else who shared the theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2020 3:41 AM

R70 have you read Conversations with Pan?

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2020 3:45 AM

Some days I think aliens are humanity in an evolved form from our future. That they've had to step in and change some stuff and right our path a few times,because we're morons and have come close to destruction more than once. And that abductions are them harvesting organs and whole individuals for both experimentation and seeding of other, hospitable planets.

Other days, that all sounds ludicrous. IDK. Trump is our fuckin president. Anything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2020 3:59 AM

R71, I just Googled that and found the language and references to be very familiar to me. I haven't kept up with my reading on the subject, but it's become a basic part of how I interact with plants and the natural world in general. I'm very hesitant when it comes to pruning plants, unless I feel I know how a plant wants to grow. I mentioned on another thread that I just had a new roof installed, and the contractors decimated the trees and shrubs growing near my house. I feel like I'm in a state of mourning thinking about the destruction.

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2020 4:13 AM

I think Elizabeth Smart went mostly willingly with the crazy man because her home life was stifling and it was a way to run away to the outside world and not look bad. She wanted some excitement and didn’t think it would turn out the way it did, with him. I think she has mixed feelings about that time.

Like Caril Ann Fugate.

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2020 4:23 AM

[quote] The idea that Dump is autistic is not unfounded. His kid is allegedly autistic and it is genetic.

Yeah, maybe from his mother. Melania is introverted and is clearly uncomfortable in a public role. Trust me. I'm high functioning aspergers and Trump displays none of the characteristics. He is certainly a narcissist, though.

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2020 4:26 AM

R4 They accuse all men of being "aspies" and all women of being "borderline."

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2020 4:26 AM

I think people have a certain realm of luck. Like, I have bad career luck but I never worry about being alone. I’m sure I’ll always be able to land a man, no matter how old I am. My SIL has a great career but she cannot sustain a romantic relationship for anything. Or maybe it’s just a kind of confidence we project.

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2020 4:30 AM

R76, I've noticed that too! Also, only women are borderline but no one can explain what this is either or how do they know so many borderline women.

by Anonymousreply 78October 12, 2020 4:31 AM

My bizarre theory is that the myth of Christ's birth as the son of God and a virginal 14 year old human is actually true, but not as described in Christian literature. I think aliens with superior intelligence and abilities visited earth and implanted Mary with their genetic material, and a hybrid child was born, half human and half "god".

My other bizarre theory is that all of the crime and degradation on earth is due to earth being a prison planet, where criminals from other parts of the universe are sequestered.

by Anonymousreply 79October 12, 2020 5:49 AM

Given that the Polynesians discovered Hawaii in the middle of no where! I believe it likely that they found the Americas, too. There’s a pharaoh with traces of cocaine and tobacco in his system, but these plants were only native to the Americas. There is also evidence of pre-Columbia’s chicken bones in the Americas, while the chicken is not native to the Americas. So there had to be some limited trade between the old and new worlds, before Columbus.

by Anonymousreply 80October 12, 2020 6:02 AM

My theory is that Trump is enveloped and driven by demonic energy. He's like those monsters in the movies. When you think you have defeated the monster and feel victorious, the monster rises out of the grave again. The only way the monster is defeated is by millions of good people banding together to defeat it. The past four years, there has been countless scandals and corruptions brought against him but nothing sticks, he was like Teflon..

I believe that there was so much suffering caused by Trump and nothing seemed to defeat him that there had to be divine intervention and hence, a novel virus appeared.

by Anonymousreply 81October 12, 2020 7:10 AM

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes is a FTM tranny.

by Anonymousreply 82October 12, 2020 7:29 AM

I started the white guys that marries Asian women are gay theory. Was derided on here for that, but now DL fact!

HA!

by Anonymousreply 83October 12, 2020 7:34 AM

R41, I almost don't want to know, but will ask anyway: what happened to his dogs? Tried searching and came up empty handed.

R83, I never understood this, can you explain? I have a few Asian female friends and they men they married are certainly straight, ironically, it's the white girls I know who seem to discover later their husbands (or boyfriends) tend to lean a little further from straight then they'd like.

by Anonymousreply 84October 12, 2020 7:42 AM

You never see a black woman marrying an est Asian man.

by Anonymousreply 85October 12, 2020 8:16 AM

[quote] I started the white guys that marries Asian women are gay theory.

I'm Asian and it's a fallacy. White guys marry Asian women because they want control and the women subservient. Most of them were straight white guys who said white women were too bossy for them. I also find that white guys like the exotic look Asian women have.

by Anonymousreply 86October 12, 2020 8:54 AM

And a closet gay would not want a subservient woman he could control?

by Anonymousreply 87October 12, 2020 9:00 AM

R29 Ironic, because your actions make you the passive aggressive one.

by Anonymousreply 88October 12, 2020 9:20 AM

I heard that in the 1990s at Kansas State University, R83, so unless you were an English major in Kansas 25 years ago, you didn't.

It came up because my boyfriend's abusive rightwing veteran dad married an Asian woman who let him get away with murder, and a bunch of friends said, "oh yeah, Asian women are known for marrying abusers or guys who want to stay in the closet." We were eating pizza and watching the Columbo reboot at the time, the Shatner one, so 1994 I guess. Were you there?

by Anonymousreply 89October 12, 2020 9:49 AM

Agree that pathetic, straight guys love how submissive Asian women are. Plus they're smaller in stature and tend not to grow body hair, so the guys can pretend they're fucking pre-teens. A caucasian man and an Asian woman always make me think of DL.

by Anonymousreply 90October 12, 2020 11:57 AM

Physically unattractive people are awful people. It warps them.

Agree with the two posters above about realms of luck (I have horrible career luck), and personal unlucky days. The day after my birthday is almost always awful. This year was the only exception where everything didn’t randomly go to shit, but then, the world is a cesspool of shit right now so maybe it counterbalanced the bad day’s luck.

God that was an awful sentence. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 91October 12, 2020 12:38 PM

R86 I have a female friend who's Asian, and she tried online dating and all she met were the types of men who wanted a docile women. I reality, she's highly educated and bitchy and sarcastic enough to be a DLer. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 92October 12, 2020 12:53 PM

In what universe is Trump a "high functioning" anything?

by Anonymousreply 93October 12, 2020 1:07 PM

The quantity of people with prosopagnosia is much higher than commonly assumed. The number of people who cannot differentiate facial features between different people and who are 'blinded' by hair color, group association, clothing, etc. is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 94October 12, 2020 1:12 PM

March 25 strikes again, R61!

by Anonymousreply 95October 12, 2020 1:19 PM

I'm sure many people agree with this, but 80% of gay men (my stats) just want to be the woman in the relationship, at least sexually, because our brains were warped by societies homophobia during our hormonal youth. We liked boys, were shamed for it, and had limited role models to show us what a same sex relationship is like. The closest thing we had were the females that got the got the guys we fantasized about in school. This also explains the dominate culture of cattiness and female colloquialisms (stolen from black women) which is a complete rip off of college age women.

When it comes to men, many of us default to wanted that strong man to hold and protect us. Sadly, other men want the same so it's a mental stage we have to evolve from as adult gay men to find that balance. Some find the perfect match (Dominate types), but most of us have to move past our childhood fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 96October 12, 2020 1:47 PM

I object to normalizing Mafia Don. He's just evil, a bad seed. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 97October 12, 2020 1:50 PM

The casting couch is a perfectly acceptable way to get ahead. Wealth and nepotism are easy gateways into Hollywood, yet people give little consideration for the people of limited means that try to make it in acting or modeling. I don't understand why sex is supposed to be such a bad way to get ahead. J-Law had an awesome career based on Hollywood statistics. A girl form Kentucky becoming a household name raking in millions and getting an Academy Award. She doesn't even have to work another day in her life thanks to a few rides on that whale.

Schitt's Creek has a goodbye special on Netflix. They say that they auditioned at least 100 girls to find their Alexa. No casting couch occurred, from what we can tell, but for a non-name show that every thought would fail to get 100 girls you can see that the competition in Hollywood is insane. I don't begrudge actors (hot) or actresses from doing what they have to do to get work. If anything I applaud people for putting in the extra effort.

by Anonymousreply 98October 12, 2020 1:54 PM

[quote]I don't think he's a germaphobe if he goes around grabbing pussies or eating McD's.

He seems to be a selective germaphobe. He doesn't want to touch his deplorable fanbase, he calls them disgusting, yet he thinks nothing of fucking a pornstar without a condom. That also points to his mental illness. He also thinks rules don't apply to him.

He always looks dirty, like he smells of all the junk food he eats daily.

by Anonymousreply 99October 12, 2020 2:00 PM

On Howard Stern, they asked Trump if he would fuck JLaw and he said no because he didn't like her skin (all the moles).

IMO, that goes beyond OCD. There's some other kind of weirdness going on there that I can't figure out.

99.9% of straight men would give their left arm for a chance with JLaw.

by Anonymousreply 100October 12, 2020 2:00 PM

I have this personal theory on straight men. I believe every straight guy no matter how fucking ugly thinks they can get any women, that every woman would want them and that is the core of homophobia. Because they think the above, the apply it to gay men and think all gay men want every guy they see.

by Anonymousreply 101October 12, 2020 2:04 PM

Trump is ABSOLUTELY on the spectrum. He perseverates. He repeats sentences multiple times. He’s socially retarded and vindictive because of it. Look at this SCOTUS situation. This is so clearly Trump getting back at the liberal intelligentsia community that rejected him. Autismt dudes should not run countries.

by Anonymousreply 102October 12, 2020 2:06 PM

[quote]On Howard Stern, they asked Trump if he would fuck JLaw and he said no because he didn't like her skin (all the moles). IMO, that goes beyond OCD. There's some other kind of weirdness going on there that I can't figure out. 99.9% of straight men would give their left arm for a chance with JLaw.

Trump's malignant narcissism is off the charts! This lumbering cotton candy haired imbecile looks in the mirror and actually sees an attractive hot, young, desirable man.

Didn't he recently make some bizarre statement that he's a YOUNG man? He actually thinks he has 20-30 years on Biden! He's completely delusional. Be very afraid that this unhinged moron has the nuclear codes.

by Anonymousreply 103October 12, 2020 2:08 PM

I have a recent theory that some if not many straight married men secretly love being subservient to their women. They might make a fuss but that's for show. Inside the home, the women run the show and they go along and couldn't be happier.

Seen this time and time again. They love playing the role of domesticated house husband while simultaneously projecting this level of "emotional independence" to the world but in reality love being bossed around.

by Anonymousreply 104October 12, 2020 2:08 PM

Taylor Swift is an Aspie or sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 105October 12, 2020 2:10 PM

[quote]Taylor Swift is an Aspie or sociopath.

Or BOTH.

by Anonymousreply 106October 12, 2020 2:14 PM

Yeah let’s pick on Taylor Swift who has come up strongly against dump and urged her fans to vote for Biden. Yeah she’s a terrible person...

by Anonymousreply 107October 12, 2020 2:26 PM

R106 by DL logic if Aspie then sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 108October 12, 2020 2:28 PM

I so totally agree with r74 about Elizabeth Smart running away from an abusive home. I assumed I was the only one and could never share this theory out loud.

by Anonymousreply 109October 12, 2020 2:33 PM

[quote]The casting couch is a perfectly acceptable way to get ahead.

In theory, sure, everyone is an adult and can make their own decisions. In practice, you get situations where, say, lesbians or black women or anyone over 22 years of age never gets cast in anything, or the people in power don't hold up their end of the bargain.

by Anonymousreply 110October 12, 2020 3:39 PM

R86, do these guys realize that Asian women are bossier than any Western woman? The ones I know bully their husbands and kids to death.

by Anonymousreply 111October 12, 2020 3:51 PM

R70, read the book Behaving As if the God in All Life Mattered.

by Anonymousreply 112October 12, 2020 3:53 PM

R109, r74, I seem to remember many DL posts expressing the same thoughts at the time.

by Anonymousreply 113October 12, 2020 3:54 PM

"This lumbering cotton candy haired imbecile looks in the mirror and actually sees an attractive hot, young, desirable man."

Describes almost every white, straight man alive. They all seem to think they deserve a supermodel, yet rarely bring much to the table. Aside from entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 114October 12, 2020 3:58 PM

[quote]Given that the Polynesians discovered Hawaii in the middle of no where! I believe it likely that they found the Americas, too. There’s a pharaoh with traces of cocaine and tobacco in his system, but these plants were only native to the Americas. There is also evidence of pre-Columbia’s chicken bones in the Americas, while the chicken is not native to the Americas. So there had to be some limited trade between the old and new worlds, before Columbus.

I believe this too. I think a lot of our history is wrong about very early civilization. We know the Vikings made it into the Americas and I've read that the Phoenicians, who were expert sailors, may have made it along with the Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 115October 12, 2020 3:59 PM

R114, that’s not limited to white straight men, nearly all straight men think that about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 116October 12, 2020 4:00 PM

That country music is controlled by gays who hide in the open. That Nashville has always had a big gay sleeping couch that likes of Buck Owens and Randy Travis have known well. I think it is easy in Nashville because country music has the cover of family, Christian music. But in reality a great many of the singers and musicians( male and female) are bi or gay. I think this is true in gospel music as well. Because women buy the majority of country music there is a high demand for cute male singers , and not every boy from Georgia wants to settle down with some big tit blonde.

by Anonymousreply 117October 12, 2020 4:32 PM

I believe you’ve confused Donald Trump with Fred Jr, OP.

Donald Trump is evil. He was born evil. He hates animals (And his sons kill animals to please him). He believes females are here to service men & raise their children. He hates dark skinned people. He believes in eugenics & is so proud of his German background he brags that his father was born in Germany (he wasn’t). He used a toddler in a playpen as target practice when he was a teen. If he’d gone to Vietnam he would’ve been killed by his American platoon mates & I believe that’s the main reason why he avoided the draft & cosplayed soldier.

He’s a born liar. He didn’t learn to lie, it’s inborn in him. He can’t stop. He lies the way OCD people repeatedly switch lights on & off.

I’ll bet his family couldn’t figure out his attraction to Ivana. She was never pretty, had a horrific accent & was from, at that time, an iron curtain country. I’m sure though, that Ivana was convinced by her handlers that Trump was a rich American who would give her whatever she wanted, so long as she married him and provided information on him, his family, other real estate developer & other rich New Yorkers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 12, 2020 4:51 PM

That nations can have collective nervous breakdowns. We had one after JFK, which led to the crazy 60s. Then a mild one after Watergate. Then another after 9/11 which swung first to Obama and then Trump.

by Anonymousreply 119October 12, 2020 4:55 PM

R101 and R103, even if Trump believes he's a desirable Adonis and God's gift to women, that still doesn't explain why he'd turn JLaw down over some moles. I believe he's legit not turned on by her and that he's neurologically "different" somehow

by Anonymousreply 120October 12, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote]He used a toddler in a playpen as target practice when he was a teen.

Can you cite sources and elaborate on this?

by Anonymousreply 121October 12, 2020 4:57 PM

Aspie?

I don't refer to people with terms that sound like mixed-breed mutts on Craigslist with $2,500 price tags on them.

by Anonymousreply 122October 12, 2020 5:01 PM

I believe that God didn't make little green apples.

by Anonymousreply 123October 12, 2020 5:02 PM

I believe that men who have never had some sort of sex with men are asocialized.

Adolescent homosexual acts are the species normal way of managing development in the midst of maturation and a storm of change.

by Anonymousreply 124October 12, 2020 5:04 PM

R122 Aspie is the term they use to refer to themselves, nice attempt at virtue signalling though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 12, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote] R80: Given that the Polynesians discovered Hawaii in the middle of no where...

I find it interesting that the Polynesians only discovered New Zealand around 1250, only about 400 years before Europeans found it. These Polynesians are not closely genetically related to the aborigines of Australia.

I imagine the first people to discover New Zealand, just like the first people to cross from Asia into the Americas, must have said, “holy shit, look at all these plants and animals to eat with no competition from hostile people!

by Anonymousreply 126October 12, 2020 6:14 PM

Off topic but since you brought up the Australian aborigines, I have to admit I find them to be the ugliest people on the planet. Are they the closet people still existing who still resemble neanderthals and was it due to being isolated for so many years. In the rest of the world the neanderthals interbred with early humans.

by Anonymousreply 127October 12, 2020 6:27 PM

[quote] R37: I suspect Putin gave Hillary pneumonia, which Trump alluded to many times before it was obvious to the general public..

I believe with complete certainty that Putin has a plan to kill Joe Biden before the election. He might not order that the plan be put in play, but he has a plan. It might be simply a way to transmit COVID to Joe. If I were Putin, considering that he is a monster, I’d have a plan ready. Putin is a smart man and he should know that it would be an act of war (see WWI), if we had a President who wasn’t a traitor, so he knows to tread carefully, but his success helping Trump get elected is the dream of every dictator.

In 1975, the US became prohibited by law from assassinating anyone, absent a war situation that allows killing Taliban leaders, for example. This was a reaction to the revelation of a number of assassinations that the US attempted or supported, around the world.

by Anonymousreply 128October 12, 2020 6:28 PM

Australia aborigines, IIRC, were people from Africa. I don’t know about how they look.

It is interesting that the Australians treated their aborigines like the Europeans treated the American aborigines, meaning, not very well. In contrast, the European settlers in New Zealand have apparently treated their aborigines with greater respect. The white school children even learn the aborigine dance, the Haka, which is funny to see these white boys and girls doing this dance. It looks ridiculous, but it also sure is intimidating. Haka sxample at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 12, 2020 6:45 PM

They don't look much like Africans R129. I haven't done much research into when Australia broke off but perhaps that is why they never evolved physically like the others. No chances of interbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 130October 12, 2020 6:50 PM

[quote] R110: In theory, sure, everyone is an adult and can make their own decisions. In practice, you get situations where, say, lesbians or black women or anyone over 22 years of age never gets cast in anything, or the people in power don't hold up their end of the bargain.

Someone once said that the roles for women go like this as they age:

Ingenue

District Attorney

Driving Miss Daisy

by Anonymousreply 131October 12, 2020 6:57 PM

Aboriginal Australians arrived from South Asia, not Africa. Regarding differences between New Zealand and Australia in terms of Aboriginal treatment Australia just seems like a rougher and crueler country in general. Nowadays there is evidently some controversy over who can " claim" Aboriginal identity in Australia. Some feel that there are too many individuals who have majority European ancestry (and more distant aboriginal ancestry) claiming aboriginal identity. Complicated subject for sure.

by Anonymousreply 132October 12, 2020 7:08 PM

The Australian first people arrived about 50,000 years ago, though that date is questioned by many. At that time, we had very low sea levels so they could walk from Africa across Asia to get there.

I’ve heard the Americas were mostly settled about 10,000 years ago, also a debated date. But consider how different American Indians appear from East Asians today. So it makes sense that an isolated population on Australia would look different from the people in Africa today: 50,000 years later.

One thing that bugs me. Historians frequently refer to various low sea level periods to refer to migration to Australia or the Americas or wherever. But didn’t these people also have boats? They were as smart as we are today. Why are boats discounted?

by Anonymousreply 133October 12, 2020 7:10 PM

If Biden loses, it will be mainly because he chose Kamala Harris as Vice President. I like her but I'm not sure the people of America are ready for a woman to be in that powerful position. And a woman of color on top of that. They can deny it all they want, but it will definitely be a problem for many people. Even those who claim to be Liberal.

That's the reason many people are still obsessed with Obama and Hillary. Because he's black, she's a woman, and black people and women are supposed to know their place. They want them punished for overstepping their boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 134October 12, 2020 7:32 PM

Because the earliest known boat, R133, dates from about 8000 BC and it was a canoe built of reeds. Both migrations (to Australia and the US) appear to have happened sooner and would have required larger vessels better able to traverse long distances.

Also, please define "they were as smart as we are today." In what ways?

by Anonymousreply 135October 12, 2020 7:33 PM

ummm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 12, 2020 7:34 PM

I watched AA last night. That dude is packin'!

by Anonymousreply 137October 12, 2020 7:36 PM

You may be right r134. But I'd venture that there's a "silent movement" or at least, a growing awareness that the status quo is no longer viable. That can mean many things to many people but I think there is sufficient anxiety and concern over where things are headed in general that those old views, may be fading fast. There are always the factions that no wonder if the earth was splitting in half tomorrow, they'd never believe it and/or could care less, and they will never change. But I think ironically, thank you in large part to Trump, he may have accelerated this new wave or trend which is looking for a completely new approach and sensibility. People are also tuned into what is going on overseas more than ever. Sure, they may be voting for Biden out of fear for the alternative, but whatever the motivations, there is a recognition that the status quo as I say is no longer viable.

by Anonymousreply 138October 12, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote] R135: Also, please define "they were as smart as we are today." In what ways?

As far as I know, all humans are of the same species. Human evolution over the last 50,000 or more years hasn’t changed the intelligence of people today, from people 50,000 years ago. They had different priorities, such as hunting and planting and astrology. Is this in question? It would surprise me.

I thought Australia was settled from people from Africa. I just looked it up, and at least one website says there is a theory that the people came from Africa. But that’s just one theory. If true, they would have migrated across Asia and mixed with those people during their migration. In any event, I won’t contest R132’s assertion any further, that Australian first people’s cane from South Asia.

by Anonymousreply 139October 12, 2020 8:39 PM

When Connecticut recognized two local Indian tribes and partnered with them to build casinos, there were very few individuals who lived according to their respective Indian culture. The tribes went searching for Indians who assimilated into western society to goose the number of tribe members. Many of the Indians they discovered were racially mixed and often considered themselves to be Black, not native Americans.

I understand that they mostly got screwed by the casino managers and experts they hired to create and manage their casinos.

My college friend’s father was the Protestant pastor at one of the tribes, before the casinos. I went to his wake on one of the reservations.

So, my theory, per the thread topic, is that most of the Indians in Connecticut were acclimated to modern society and weren’t oppressed, and the casinos aren’t a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 140October 12, 2020 8:53 PM

jealous racist!

by Anonymousreply 141October 12, 2020 8:55 PM

Fun fact (for those of us interested in ancient human populations): Madagascar was originally settled by seafaring peoples who crossed the Indian Ocean from Indonesia. Black Africans didn't arrive in Madagascar until several centuries after the original settlers arrived from Indonesia.

by Anonymousreply 142October 12, 2020 8:55 PM

I understand that the wheel was unknown to the American First Peoples; however, that may be because they had no pack animals to use to pull chariots or carts. I’ve read that they had wheels on children’s toys, but not otherwise. It’s hard to know why they didn’t have carts and such. That means that the people in the southernmost points in the Americas walked there, over generations, on foot.

by Anonymousreply 143October 12, 2020 9:03 PM

There is a scientific theory that the Black Sea was once a freshwater lake. It had fishing villages on its shores. At some point, the land border between the Mediterranean Sea and Black Sea was breached. This resulted in the Black Sea expanding its borders and going from fresh water to sea/salt water. Those waterside villages were submerged by the rising sea. All this happened in prehistory.

My theory is that this is the genesis of the biblical story of Noah’s Arc. The story shared by oral history until it was eventually written down. (I know that many cultures have flood mythology, but this is just my own theory.) I believe that many stories in the Bible are based on real historical events, though changed over time before they were written down.

by Anonymousreply 144October 12, 2020 9:13 PM

This one has many believers.

I believe that the island of Santorini was once an relatively advanced culture and civilization that was completely destroyed in a prehistoric volcanic eruption (1600 BC). I think this event was the genesis of the story of Atlantis, which was recorded by Plato in 300 BC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 12, 2020 9:24 PM

Here is a really interesting short video on the land masses that existing during the last ace age, including how close Australia was to being part of Asia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 12, 2020 9:36 PM

R121, the book ‘Trump Revealed’, reported to contain the following, amongst many other examples:

“Dennis Burnham, who lived next door, was a toddler when his mother briefly put him in a playpen in their garden. She returned a few minutes later to find the current U.S. president, then aged five or six, standing at his fence throwing rocks at the little boy. His mother warned Dennis to ‘stay away from the Trumps’ as they didn’t want him ‘beaten up’ “

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 12, 2020 9:37 PM

Interesting, R146!

by Anonymousreply 148October 12, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote]. R144: My theory is that this is the genesis of the biblical story of Noah’s Arc. The story shared by oral history until it was eventually written down. (I know that many cultures have flood mythology, but this is just my own theory.) I believe that many stories in the Bible are based on real historical events, though changed over time before they were written down.

I have a copy of a letter from my great great grandfather (1713-1873), where he relates family history to his niece. In that letter, he makes a few mistakes. As an adult, he would have known his grandfather. He writes that his grandfather fought in his town’s militia at Bunker Hill at age 14, and lost a leg in battle. We know his town’s militia did indeed fight at Bunker Hill, so it is possible, but I can’t find documentation to prove it. He did enlist in the Continental army the next week, we can prove.

And in this letter, he confuses the date his grandfather died with the date he started getting his pension. But there is a lot of verifiable truth in the letter, too.

My point being, he was relating family history for only the last 200 years, and got things mixed up. So, the biblical stories that were written far longer after various events, I think, may be based on historical events, but with unintentional incorrect info.

by Anonymousreply 149October 12, 2020 11:15 PM

I have many that I've shared on the site.

1) Paris Hilton uses her DJ career as a cover to run drugs..

2) The Kardashian's makeup empire is a cover for an illegal source of income, probably involving real estate or the Middle East.

3) The kid who was imprisoned in North Korea and returned to the US in a coma was trying to hook up with the Christian-run underground railroad in China, which helps North Koreans who manage to escape.

4) Japan, China and South Korea prop up the North Korean regime to prevent it from falling and creating a massive refugee crisis.

5) The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia will be assassinated when his father dies.

6) The alt right will collapse after Trump is gone.

by Anonymousreply 150October 12, 2020 11:24 PM

My personal theory is that bottoms rule the world and are secretly sabotaging the rest of the men towards being total tops

by Anonymousreply 151October 12, 2020 11:25 PM

R150 your theories are interesting!

by Anonymousreply 152October 12, 2020 11:28 PM

Everyone is a bitch and is only concerned with their own self. Me included.

by Anonymousreply 153October 12, 2020 11:29 PM

Biden will win, stay in office for 3 months and then resign to make Harris President just to fuck with the racist, nitwit Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 154October 12, 2020 11:31 PM

Not until. he appoints Obama and Hillary to the Supreme Court R154. Then it’s “Mission Accomplished” for Uncle Joe.

by Anonymousreply 155October 12, 2020 11:35 PM

Hillary is too old. He should appoint Harry Styles.

by Anonymousreply 156October 13, 2020 3:58 AM

Well, this was an interesting thread until the inevitable political trolls showed up.

That and the pedantic anthropologists who should start their own thread.

by Anonymousreply 157October 13, 2020 11:11 AM

R16, no one wants a sweet animal to be in the same house as Trump. Let’s be grateful (and hopeful) that one never has.

by Anonymousreply 158October 13, 2020 11:17 AM

I don’t believe we went to the moon.

by Anonymousreply 159October 13, 2020 11:42 AM

[quote]Japan, China and South Korea prop up the North Korean regime to prevent it from falling and creating a massive refugee crisis.

I agree R150, I think we saw that in action early in Trump's presidency when his threats against NK were causing international concern. People gave Trump credit for his diplomacy work with Kim, but it looks like it was almost all the work of other countries stepping in and doing what needed to be done to de-escalate what Trump had started.

by Anonymousreply 160October 13, 2020 12:03 PM

As Trump Theorists seem to have seized control of this thread (there are a few other bizarre personal theories out there) . . . here's mine:

I share Oswald Spengler's view that Beethoven signalled the eventual downfall of a self-absorbed, individual-obsessed West.

by Anonymousreply 161October 13, 2020 1:15 PM

r110 promotions and deals are no guarantees. If people believe lip service over a contract that has ben signed in ink, then they are fools.

by Anonymousreply 162October 13, 2020 2:51 PM

People that believe in astrology and check on the compatibility of signs for every new person they date are a it crazy. All that stuff is just bullshit that can be applied to anyone born at any day or time. It's no different than daily devotional books that spew scriptures that are so middle of the road, anyone can apply them to their lives.

Weak people rely on astrology.

by Anonymousreply 163October 13, 2020 2:53 PM

Ed McMahon's laugh was pre-recorded.

by Anonymousreply 164October 13, 2020 2:55 PM

That's very interesting, R161! Could you elaborate please?

by Anonymousreply 165October 13, 2020 3:06 PM

R165 - Beethoven bridged the Classical and Romantic eras in music. But his brand of Romanticism was of the "Heroic" sort, and as such idealised the Heroic Individual Man freed from the shackles of "society". Spengler believed that eventually, the emphasis on individual evolution would lead to the decline of the West. I had this relayed to me by a former Met Opera conductor . . .

It is, of course, a vast oversimplification, and a glance at Wikipedia's entry on Spengler's "Decline of the West" and its divisions of types of civilisations and the "Being" v. "Becoming" modes will probably permanently alter your vision, but if you're that interested . . . we are, I believe, in what Spengler called the "Winter" of our age.

Rather grumpily, I do occasionally wonder if Spengler was right. It's worth a thread of its own . . ,

by Anonymousreply 166October 13, 2020 3:55 PM

R166, that is so interesting, thank you! I will read your suggestion. Maybe we could start a thread then.

by Anonymousreply 167October 13, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote] I agree [R150], I think we saw that in action early in Trump's presidency when his threats against NK were causing international concern.

My interpretation is a little different. I think that the Kim knew that Trump's word and actions carried no weight, so he used his "friendship" with Trump as leverage to get more from the Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese. Nothing major in East Asia policy will happen until Trump is gone. The region is in a holding pattern for now. That's probably true for the Middle East as well. As unstable as the situation is in the Arabian peninsula, it hasn't gotten worse.

by Anonymousreply 168October 13, 2020 4:38 PM

I believe that Q stuff is just a cover for Trump who is an actual child rapist and that he had Epstein killed

by Anonymousreply 169October 13, 2020 4:40 PM

God knows all and sees all so there really is no such thing as free-will. The Matrix did a fantastic job of displaying my debate about God's-will when it showed humans interacting in that fake world run by the sentinels (God).

Is it free-will or freedom of choice? Everything in the Bible relies on a clarification of that fact. If God already knows what we are going to do, then the idea of hell is almost twice as bad because he would have set us up to fail.

Things that disturbed me since Bible school. I still have no desire to give up on my Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 170October 13, 2020 4:44 PM

God knowing what you will do does not cause you to act that way. It's like you watching a movie you already know the ending to. Just because you knew doesn't mean you caused it to end that way.

by Anonymousreply 171October 13, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote] R162: [R110] promotions and deals are no guarantees. If people believe lip service over a contract that has ben signed in ink, then they are fools

Two years ago I bought a new couch. I was replacing a 7 year old couch whose springs were shot. I met the same sales woman at the same store I bought the old couch at. I went once to shop, and a second time to “close” the deal. As I was closing, she tried to up-sell the fabric protection plan. “It’s $350 and we do everything. We come out and if we can’t get the stain out we replace the couch, etc...”.

I asked, “Just a second, are the springs warranted?’

Saleswomen: “yes, ten years”

Me: “Well, you’ve heard me say at both visits that my old couch was 7 years old and the springs were shot, so let’s open a warrantee claim”.

Saleswomen: ‘I’ve never heard of such a thing in 30 years. Not here, not at (she named all the stores she’s worked at),..”

After that, I worked with the manager. She just disappeared. I was entitled by warrantee to a complete replacement couch at no cost, but I offered to accept a 30% discount on the new couch, since there was 30% of time left of the warrantee (10 year warranty, minus 7 years of use, leaves 30%). I compromised, because I knew I was mostly powerless to enforce the warrantee. I got a pittance back and had to pay for “extras” that are normally free, like arm covers, and I paid for the fabric protection, that I didn’t order or want..

Anyway, merchants use the offer of a warrantee to sell something, and then refuse to honor it. I noticed the store was mostly empty and asked about that. The saleswoman said it was the internet. It is a superstore and there was one other person there, whereas it was built for, maybe, 10-30 consecutive shoppers. I used to love that store, because the furniture was so nice, it was like a museum, but it’s gone downhill.

by Anonymousreply 172October 13, 2020 4:53 PM

r171 I see it more like an author writing a book. Good one's know their characters and sort of feel a pull in a certain direction for their actions. But if they would have never taken pen to paper the tragic endings would have never existed. God created us like an author. He knows the storyline and plans to stick with the outline (I assume). Since he created us, the story of our tragedies, and potential banishment to hell are equally on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 173October 13, 2020 4:57 PM

There are goblins who come out at night for the sole purpose of stealing socks and underwear.

by Anonymousreply 174October 13, 2020 5:26 PM

Trump is WAAAAAAYYYYYY too stupid to have Asperger's.

He's a heterosexual sociopath with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

by Anonymousreply 175October 13, 2020 7:57 PM

R175 it is a myth that people with Asberger's/autism have above-average intelligence.

Regarding the theory about Beethoven and the downfall of the West:

I know someone who wholeheartedly believes that the Harry Potter books are single handedly responsible for the extreme narcissism and neurosis of the Y and Z (snowflake) generations.

I've only read the first HP book, but one thing that stood out to me is how Harry's life with his adoptive parents is portrayed as some horrid nightmare situation when in fact his life, although not great, is better than most children's (including mine at the time) in the world.

by Anonymousreply 176October 13, 2020 8:20 PM

^btw the reason why I only read one HP book is because even as a kid I was turned off by Harry and Hermione's personalities. They were bratty twats as the Brits say

by Anonymousreply 177October 13, 2020 8:27 PM

R176 - Clearly Spengler and I are behind the times . . .

I can't agree with your friend re Potter. The Potter books are simply the latest in a long and very fine tradition of English children's literature, ranging from George MacDonald to Rowling with stops at E. Nesbit, Stevenson, Kipling, and Frances Hodgson Burnett, amongst others. Literally all of these follow a similar theme: isolated, exceptional children separated from parental protection and guidance at some point and forced to develop resources to cope, often secretly, with extraordinary circumstances that also present moral dilemmas.

The Potter books in my view follow in this tradition. Ron is the only member of the cast with anything resembling a real family throughout, and, for what it's worth, although ingeniously plotted, Rowling's writing is woefully short of the exceptional writing that characterised those earlier works.

Ron is the only member of the core characters with a real family. You never see any of the others even though you know Hermione has one, and whilst the staff of Hogwarts stands in at times, it is mostly to transmit the magical skills the children need as they are left to navigate their convoluted path on their own.

But, as a bizarre personal theory, I suppose it's no worse than Spengler's - who, by the way, loved Beethoven's music.

Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 178October 14, 2020 12:38 PM

^* sorry about the repeat of this phrase, "Ron is the only member of the core characters with a real family." Lost track.

Of course, Malfoy has a protective family, too, but he's the Opposition and his family toss him to the wolves to further their own political ends as they back what they think the Winning Horse will be . . . so Malfoy, also, is lost in a morass of conflicting moral values. I rather liked the way Malfoy, Jr.'s sour unhappiness was portrayed. In a way, he was the most interesting character amongst the younger ones.

by Anonymousreply 179October 14, 2020 12:43 PM

Ok. I think we for a little off topic here. But I will Repeat my bizarre theory from the Truman show thread.

I think it is all a show. And not for me personally. From quantum physics to the layout of the universe to dark matter, black holes, the Big Bang, quarks etc... We are given whatever Insights someone else decides are appropriate. I’m not saying it’s Jebus. I just don’t think we are as smart as we think.

by Anonymousreply 180October 14, 2020 1:19 PM

Mathematics is illogical. It's internal logic cancels itself out.

by Anonymousreply 181October 14, 2020 5:48 PM

When I was little, my older brother told me that people who got into Winnebago's could never come out again. I can't say I've ever seen that disproven.

by Anonymousreply 182October 14, 2020 7:53 PM

Remember when the World Health Organization (WHO) was slow to describe the worldwide virus spread as a “pandemic”? I believe that Trump was twisting their arms to keep them from calling it so. This was when Trump was still wishing and hoping that the US would be ok. (Despite absence of an intelligible reason); the US had maybe, 15 cases, and Turnip, was Finally, the WHO made its declaration, and Trump throws them under the bus at every opportunity for being too slow to label the spread as a [italic] pandemic. [/italic]

Every time he calls it the “China. Virus”, makes me want to call it the “Trump Virus”.

by Anonymousreply 183October 14, 2020 10:52 PM

I know a Russian woman who is a naturalized U.S, citizen but still clings to Mother Russia.

She said in July 2016 that “Trump, he gonna win.” I did not take her grim prediction seriously as she has absolutely no interest in politics. Indeed, she’s about as smart as a vat of borscht.

Looking back four miserably years later, I wonder if everybody in Russia knew that Putin was interfering in the elections.

by Anonymousreply 184October 16, 2020 8:01 PM

[quote]Remember when the World Health Organization (WHO) was slow to describe the worldwide virus spread as a “pandemic”? I believe that Trump was twisting their arms to keep them from calling it so. This was when Trump was still wishing and hoping that the US would be ok. (Despite absence of an intelligible reason); the US had maybe, 15 cases, and Turnip, was Finally, the WHO made its declaration, and Trump throws them under the bus at every opportunity for being too slow to label the spread as a pandemic.

That was Chinese pressure on the WHO, not Trump pressure.

by Anonymousreply 185October 16, 2020 8:12 PM

R185, we’ll never know. But I do know that Trump was quite desperate to downplay the virus at the time, and threatening to defund the WHO and withdraw the US from it. Maybe both were applying pressure upon the WHO.

by Anonymousreply 186October 16, 2020 8:17 PM

[quote][R185], we’ll never know. But I do know that Trump was quite desperate to downplay the virus at the time, and threatening to defund the WHO and withdraw the US from it. Maybe both were applying pressure upon the WHO.

I don't know whether the Chinese were deliberately trying to create a virus to destabilise other nations, or were just doing very high risk research into viruses, but the outbreak was covered up by China and the WHO.

I mean China currently have hundreds of thousands of Uyghurs in concentration camps, children are being taken away and adults are being sterilised and China has just been elected to the United Nations Human Rights council. They can pretty much do what they want at this point.

by Anonymousreply 187October 16, 2020 8:23 PM

I think you may be right r185. I remember when the virus was raging across China, then hopping to Europe, it was clear as day what was going on yet silence at WHO. It was nowhere near the U.S. at that stage and the world was crying out for WHO to acknowledge the reality of the "pandemic". So yeah, China influence/pressure.

by Anonymousreply 188October 16, 2020 8:26 PM

R184, you don't sound too smart yourself. There are other ways to predict that something is likely to happen than some conspiracy theories that everyone "knows" something via magical nationalistic DNA networks.

by Anonymousreply 189October 16, 2020 8:27 PM

Trump is a walking, talking DSM-5 entry for narcissistic personality disorder and antisocial personality disorder. To call him anything less is to imply that he's simply annoying rather than what he truly is: dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 190October 16, 2020 9:01 PM

Plus oppositional defiance disorder, which prompts him to do the opposite of anything an authority tells him. I had a roommate with that problem. I got tired of him doing the opposite of whatever I said; so, if something was important to me, I’d tell him the opposite, so that he’d do what I actually wanted. I hated being manipulative like that, but it was basically self defense.

One Sunday, he returned from a weekend at his home, and announced that he was staying on campus for the next weekend. I told him he should stick around, it’s homecoming weekend and you enjoy that, etc. I kept encouraging him to stay on campus, and it didn’t take long for him to decide he was going home after all.

by Anonymousreply 191October 16, 2020 9:10 PM

Can you give some examples of this scientific and military info that has been released over the last 5 years r62?

by Anonymousreply 192October 17, 2020 7:20 PM

Here you go r192

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 17, 2020 9:29 PM

More...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 17, 2020 9:31 PM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 195October 18, 2020 3:16 AM

The US has sent rovers to Mars that have analyzed the Martian rocks and soil. They compared the Martian results to some meteors that have landed here, and concluded that the similarities mean that these meteors originated on Mars. The think that a large volcanic eruption or large impact on Mars threw Martian rocks into space, only to fall to earth, perhaps millions or billions of years later.

It is possible that life originated on Mars and that some Martian microbes may have landed on earth, and evolved here. Unprovable, I guess. Plus too elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 196October 18, 2020 3:42 AM

I've been saying for years the earth was seeded by an alien race who then either died off or just doesn't give a fuck. I think there was a movie made about my scenario. Gary Sinise was in it.

by Anonymousreply 197October 18, 2020 3:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!