Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Undoing (2020)

Starring Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant and Donald Southerland. Can anyone tell me what this is about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 17, 2020 11:57 PM

This was set for release on March 8th and has been set back to October 25th, due to Coronavirus. I watched the trailer, and it seems quite heavy and dark. But it's produced by David E. Kelley. The trailer seems to indicate a murder, a missing person, and "the naughty things rich people can do".

I don't really want to watch heavy and dark at the moment, but I see this is a limited series and has only six parts.

It's based on the book, “You Should Have Known".

Without spoiling, has anyone read the book and can tell how dark and foreboding it is?

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2020 3:34 PM

The Undoing follows Grace Fraser, who is "living the only life she ever wanted for herself. She's a successful therapist on the brink of publishing her first book, has a devoted husband and young son who attends an elite private school in New York City. Weeks before her book is published, a chasm opens in her life; a violent death, a missing husband and in the place of a man Grace thought she knew, only a chain of terrible revelations. Left behind in the wake of a spreading and very public disaster, and horrified by the ways in which she has failed to heed her own advice, Grace must dismantle one life and create another for her child and herself".

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2020 3:37 PM

It's about two people on the cusp of old age, one who has had a ton of facial work and one who has had zero.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2020 3:42 PM

R2 Hmmm, thanks. If Hugh is playing Nicole's husband, then I expect it will be some more of Nicole's symbolic finger pointing at Cruise again. Okay, I'll probably watch then.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2020 3:42 PM

Movies are dead.

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2020 3:43 PM

damn, Hugh is starting to look terrible

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2020 3:47 PM

[quote] Movies are dead.

Thanks for sharing, but this is a mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2020 3:49 PM

[quote]Donald Southerland

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2020 3:49 PM

When will Nicole stop playing the 30 something mother of a young son? And her wigs are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2020 3:49 PM

Miss Kidman does not need advice from the likes of r9!

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2020 3:59 PM

Seriously. Nicole is old enough to be a grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2020 4:08 PM

Time for her to go the Sally Field route

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2020 4:26 PM

The title suggests it's about Hugh's looks.

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2020 4:30 PM

It's such vanity to play the role of a mother of a young child when you're almost 60.

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2020 4:30 PM

Hugh Grant IS sixty and is the father of a two-year-old in real life.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2020 4:36 PM

[quote] Seriously. Nicole is old enough to be a grandmother.

Isabella is 28 and Connor is 25. I'm surprised she's not a grandmother already, although I'm sure it would be in name only--she seems to have distanced herself from those children.

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2020 5:49 PM

He didn’t physically birth said child, r15

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2020 5:57 PM

cant abide anything with ms kidman in it.....look at her....fake from one end to the other.... why she marry gay men.....she is repulsive

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2020 6:02 PM

Yes she is almost 60 for sure

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2020 6:03 PM

Isabella was pregnant last year. When Nicole learned this, she gave her daughter a Connie Ford-style kick in the cunt, which caused a miscarriage. She could be heard screaming "why should I be crazy about being a grandmother"!

You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2020 6:04 PM

[quote]He didn’t physically birth said child

Evidently. That doesn't change the fact that he's the parent of a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2020 6:07 PM

I don't think Nicole Kidman is a terrible actress. The problem is that she's played Suzanne Stone in every role since 1995, and she seems to be exploring new facets of Suzanne Stone in this.

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2020 12:16 AM

[Quote] I'm sure it would be in name only--she seems to have distanced herself from those children.

Other way around.

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2020 1:11 AM

30 minutes in and it's awful

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2020 1:27 AM

Hugh Grant? no thank you

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2020 1:34 AM

"She's a successful therapist on the brink of publishing her first book, has a devoted husband and young son who attends an elite private school in New York City."

Ugh. I hate those Bloomingdale's people pictures.

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2020 2:05 AM

Miracle of science granny has a young son. Maybe that will give him an edge to get into Brown.

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2020 2:07 AM

The portions of Nicole Kidman’s face that struggle to move are truly an inspiration to us all.

by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2020 2:09 AM

Cautionary tale of aging. I hope to age gracefully between Hugh and Nicole having just enough work done to look good but natural.

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2020 2:13 AM

R29 - Lauren Bacall! You're alive!!

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2020 2:21 AM

Seriously, what the fuck did Kidman do to her face?

She looks hideous.

What a pathetic, miserable bitch that she thinks she still needs to look like she did 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2020 3:29 AM

Besides the face how was the show?

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2020 3:35 AM

It’s a show about shoelaces... being undone.

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2020 3:51 AM

The wig budget must've been $5.00. Nicole's looks sooooo cheap, as does the little girl's in the opening sequence.

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2020 4:01 AM

Nicole Kidman is 53. That is not "almost 60 for sure."

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2020 5:29 AM

I definitely get the vibe that Nicole stopped acting with To Die For and after that her main concern was and is to look "fabulous." This always backfires and makes the person a caricature widely mocked.

Her clothes in this show are rather nice, but totally upstaged by the young beauty who stands naked in front of the camera for an entire scene and owns it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2020 5:43 AM

Doesn’t Hugh have a baby every decade? With different mothers. He was so handsome in Maurice. I love man-bobs.

by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2020 5:48 AM

R36 Honey she didn't 'act' in To Die For. She played herself.

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2020 6:00 AM

damn, get your eyes checked, that man is not handsome and never was.

by Anonymousreply 39October 26, 2020 6:33 AM

R15, Grant looks at least 70, and that's with good lighting and the 'Just for Old Men' grease in his hair. He needs to stop the 4 pack a day habit...

by Anonymousreply 40October 26, 2020 7:01 AM

R1: "But it's produced by David E. Kelley. The trailer seems to indicate a murder, a missing person, and "the naughty things rich people can do".

From what I read on another site about an incident that happened 30 years ago, Kelley may personally know a lot about the subject. Something to do with Pfeiffer's sister's boyfriend's "suicide".

That just slipped out.

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2020 7:11 AM

Damn, Donald Sutherland still works — in major movies with his name above the title??!? What a career, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2020 7:25 AM

And some of us can even spell Donald Sutherland's name correctly, Miss OP.

He can save even a pretty bad movie if they give him enough room. He's a fantastic actor.

by Anonymousreply 43October 26, 2020 7:43 AM

Great actor, but I have to assume he was an absentee father based on Kiefer's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 44October 26, 2020 7:48 AM

Glamorous wealthy people suffering. Kidman, doing her usual hyper tense Kidman thing, discovers husband Grant is cheating when his mistress turns up murdered. Sutherland plays her fabulously wealthy father. Twists and courtroom drama ensue. It Is said to change the plot of the book significantly.

by Anonymousreply 45October 26, 2020 7:55 AM

I can't wait to see more of Donald Sutherlands' character. I was disappointed that he only had a couple of minutes air time in the premiere. Kidman and Grant were certainly well cast as rich New Yorkers, and I'm not normally huge fans of either of them. For some reason I giggled at Kidmans facial expression when she realized that she hadn't contacted her husband.

by Anonymousreply 46October 26, 2020 1:34 PM

Regarding the comments here on Kidmans excessively Botoxed appearance, I think it actually works here. A wealthy, urban east coast woman in Kidmans social strata wouldn't dare age gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 47October 26, 2020 1:39 PM

R47 Given so many folks now indulge in BoTox (and facelifts, etc) in the right roles more actors are actually going to be more believable in roles than they have been in the past so long as they stick to contemporary stories.

by Anonymousreply 48October 26, 2020 2:00 PM

The novels they make these things from are crap (Gone Girl, The Girl in the Train or whatever that shit was) so I can only hope Kelley changed it for the better.

I'm going to continue watching for some reason. Apathy?

by Anonymousreply 49October 26, 2020 3:52 PM

I just can't with her Disney princess wig in this. So sick of her wigs and frozen face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 26, 2020 3:57 PM

When did Hugh Grant turn into Jerry Orbach?

by Anonymousreply 51October 26, 2020 4:59 PM

LMAO R50...Disney princess wig is such a perfect description.

by Anonymousreply 52October 26, 2020 5:13 PM

Okay, I thought it was one of those “Girl” things. Not interested.

by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2020 5:15 PM

I watched the first episode...

Hugh Grant's wrinkles are so distracting...He needs to moisturize!

I will give it another few more episodes...

Nicole's forehead moves so that's something...

by Anonymousreply 54October 26, 2020 5:50 PM

It's fantastic. Gorgeous sets and costumes. It's not a subtle, slow-burn character study but rather an over the top ID Channel type show with A-List actors and a huge budget. Nicole's metallic dress at the auction and all of her coats are...To Die For (I'm here all week, folks!).

by Anonymousreply 55October 26, 2020 5:55 PM

Nicole’s American accent slipped on the word “bodies.” Same vowel sound that tripped her up in Big Little Lies.

by Anonymousreply 56October 26, 2020 10:13 PM

I thought the first episode was terrific. I’m loving Lily Rabe as a rich bitch. She’s a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 57October 27, 2020 12:57 AM

This is a mess. I don't even know what character died. They wasted 3/4 ths of the episode on hugh and nicole drivel.

They have absolutely no chemistry

by Anonymousreply 58October 27, 2020 3:10 AM

I did not realize Edgar Ramirez was in this! I’ll be in for the long haul.

Nicole’s wig confuses me. So much money spent on production and they put her in a badly applied lacefront - bulky, unplucked, mediocre dye job, only one part. She needs a better stylist.

And I agree, R57 - Lilly Rabe is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 59October 27, 2020 10:24 AM

I enjoyed the first episode..but Nicole is pulled tight. She has definitely had a face lift.

by Anonymousreply 60October 27, 2020 10:53 AM

I thought Ramirez’ acting was almost amateurish in the premiere episode.

by Anonymousreply 61October 27, 2020 1:39 PM

i bet hugh grant is the father of that baby

by Anonymousreply 62October 27, 2020 2:18 PM

That was almost yelled from the rooftops, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63October 27, 2020 11:17 PM

The Mistress looked like a Latina Jennifer Lawrence

by Anonymousreply 64October 27, 2020 11:26 PM

Hugh won’t be able to pull this off, as there won’t be any opps to say: “Right. Brilliant.” His go to in any movie.

by Anonymousreply 65October 27, 2020 11:58 PM

Despite Hugh looking like shit I think he’s pretty good

by Anonymousreply 66October 28, 2020 12:25 AM

R64, I thought the exact same thing!

I just finished the first episode and am slightly reluctantly in for the long haul (I can’t resist a mystery). Hugh and Nicole have zero chemistry, but they are individually captivating in their individual roles. It’s kind of obvious Hugh’s character is the father of the dead woman’s baby and he’s paying her older son’s tuition...I guess the show won’t try to be too coy and we can assume he killed her. The rest of the show will likely just reveal how he did it and how Nicole’s character tries to keep it together in the face of scandal.

One thing I don’t really get...the husband left his phone at home even though he left for a business trip. While that’s slightly sketchy, did it warrant the overwrought reaction and loud, dramatic score? I felt like I missed something...

Pros: - Fun supporting characters - Gorgeous real estate and clothes - The son character is barely referenced

Cons: - Nicole’s wig - The leads are good, but kind of phoning it in - Who stands and paces during a therapy session?!

by Anonymousreply 67October 28, 2020 3:36 AM

I’d be more inclined to watch this if “doing” in the title was pronounced like “boing.”

by Anonymousreply 68October 28, 2020 4:33 AM

I like Hugh Grant at this stage of his career and the fact that he's sort of ravaged looking and not vain enough to get all sorts of 'procedures' done. He looks a lot worse than some of his character-actor contemporaries who were never 'heartthrobs' and could never have been leading men. The charm and screen presence are still there. He was fantastic in "A Very English Scandal."

by Anonymousreply 69October 28, 2020 4:36 AM

Loved A Very English Scandal!

by Anonymousreply 70October 28, 2020 11:52 AM

Grant was always pretty self-deprecating about his looks in interviews. When he was barely in his mid-thirties he said something about having gone through a "dishy phase" in his twenties but that it all went downhill pretty soon after.

by Anonymousreply 71October 28, 2020 1:50 PM

Always fun as a cad, his earnest English loverboy roles were... lucrative. He's better now.

by Anonymousreply 72October 28, 2020 10:11 PM

humblebrag

there, I've always wanted to say that

by Anonymousreply 73October 28, 2020 10:49 PM

I just watched the first - episode or season? There's just the one on HBO which I have a month's free trial. Are the others available if I pay for a full subscription to HBO plus or max or whatever they call it? I"m unemployed dammit!

by Anonymousreply 74October 29, 2020 2:37 AM

watching it now, rather slow....its a reminder that multitple nose jobs can be a disaster as evidenced by Kidmans mangled schnoze.

by Anonymousreply 75October 29, 2020 3:21 AM

Cheap wig on the bitch too! like Wow.

by Anonymousreply 76October 29, 2020 3:21 AM

r74 No HBO sticks with traditional broadcasting scheduling for its own productions - same day and time every week (sometimes they will skip a week) for the first run of a series and once an episode runs it usually remains available on-demand in the archive unless there is some time limited licensing arrangement (which almost never happens for HBO originals but other movies come and go monthly depending on the licensing).

by Anonymousreply 77October 29, 2020 4:21 AM

Wait, that’s Hugh Grant? Are we calling him Huge Grant yet?

When did he morph into Ray Wise?

by Anonymousreply 78October 29, 2020 4:25 AM

Love the scene of her in bed, with more makeup on that her husband (mr urban)....hell more than ru paul.

by Anonymousreply 79October 29, 2020 4:59 AM

How do we know that isn't Nicole's real hair? I admit I'm not good at wig spotting but doesn't she have curly reddish hair?

by Anonymousreply 80October 29, 2020 11:39 AM

I didn't' want to watch this because I read the book You Should Have Known. The book starts off slightly intriguing and then becomes a real snooze - it becomes a boring tale of the lead character's self-realization and empowerment and less a psychological thriller. The novel is one big interminable inner monologue and I eye-rollingly had to skim through the last 100 or so pages of the book.

If the miniseries manages to change the dullest aspects of the novel I might give it a watch.

by Anonymousreply 81October 29, 2020 12:05 PM

kidman has a big bald spot, its not her hair, that curly mess.....trust. but keiths bald spot is bigger.

by Anonymousreply 82October 29, 2020 1:02 PM

She seems to be going the Naomi Campbell route.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 29, 2020 2:27 PM

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 29, 2020 2:28 PM

Hugh would look much better if he would get a deep chemical peel. He looked ok in that Florence Jenkins movie but then he hit the wall HARD. Still love him though.

by Anonymousreply 85October 29, 2020 5:53 PM

I did not need to see that R84. How can so much wrong be all together and in one place?

Whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, wwwhhhyyyyy (Nancy Kerrigan scream)

by Anonymousreply 86October 30, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote]Hugh would look much better if he would get a deep chemical peel.

Please. Did Donald Sutherland ever get a "deep chemical peel"? Did John Hurt, or Robert Duvall, or Dennis Hopper, or even Liam Neeson? No, and it didn't hurt any of their careers.

by Anonymousreply 87October 30, 2020 9:15 AM

R87 Hugh is too young to just throw up his hands on his appearance. The smoking did a number on him.

by Anonymousreply 88October 30, 2020 9:45 AM

I liked all of it except Nicole's autotuned singing, and Hugh's glibness. He is very good but as he is the most sarcastic man in the world, the effect of him talking as if every sentence is a punchline is so charmingly false it falls into self parody.

by Anonymousreply 89October 30, 2020 2:17 PM

Sorry R86 lol.

by Anonymousreply 90October 30, 2020 2:24 PM

Hugh Grant looks like Fred Gwynn in the OP photo

by Anonymousreply 91October 30, 2020 2:27 PM

by Anonymousreply 92October 30, 2020 2:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 30, 2020 2:50 PM

Nic is getting up there, r9. They should have cast me for young mum.

by Anonymousreply 94October 30, 2020 2:58 PM

I might be the only one who thinks this but I think Grant looks pretty good - aging looks good on him for some reason. It takes away from that previous pasty -faced, banal, generic look he once had which never really set him apart from other "great actors." like Daniel Day Lewis or Anthony Hopkins. Now, with a few wrinkles, and his excellent acting ability - he's quite amazing. I'm not PR, not even a kooky troll, just an observation.

by Anonymousreply 95October 30, 2020 3:02 PM

Weird to see a clitoral hood and meat curtains bouncing merrily in the breeze.

by Anonymousreply 96October 30, 2020 3:18 PM

This is a spoiler of the novel. Doesn't sound so good at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 30, 2020 3:19 PM

I think he looks good too, r95. Hugh Grant’s face has become more interesting with age and I find that sexy. He’s also more compelling on screen.

by Anonymousreply 98October 30, 2020 3:27 PM

Kidman has had too much filler in the philtrum. The space between the nose & the mouth has two vertical lines in the middle (these are called philtrum columns. The space in between is called philtrum dimple) . These disappear as one ages & loses collagen.

Another problem is the small wrinkles that women get above the lip line.People assume it’s from smoking, but women who’ve never smoked get these lines, too.

Doctors inject fillers into the philtrum to 1j get rid of the upper lip wrinkles 2) rebuild those two vertical lines that have disappeared & 3) give more definition to the upper lip.

In Kidman’s case there’s too much filler in that area & it’s noticeable. How do I know? My dr did this to me a couple of weeks ago. I went back & had her inject a dissolvent to take down the upper lip . I look much better now. I still have the two vertical lines under the nose that she “rebuilt” and my upper lip wrinkles are gone, but my lips are now normal sized.

by Anonymousreply 99October 30, 2020 6:28 PM

[quote] (these are called philtrum columns. The space in between is called philtrum dimple) .

It’s actually *philtral* columns, but I see spellcheck changed that for me.h

by Anonymousreply 100October 30, 2020 6:34 PM

A deep chemical peel...hahaha. Get real R85, he's looked rough for the last 8-10 years. No amount of peeling and sanding can get rid of that damage, especially if he continues to chain smoke.

by Anonymousreply 101October 30, 2020 6:40 PM

Grant is so fucking hot in this show. He is an awesome example of why guys should never mess with their faces. Hope he has some very graphic sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 102October 30, 2020 6:53 PM

In the thread above this -- about Lori Loughlin going to jail -- her husband is 57. Three years younger than Grant.

But in this photo, he looks at LEAST 15 years younger. And it was taken in the SUN. Can you imagine how old Hugh looks in bright light?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 30, 2020 7:01 PM

The majority of plastic surgeons seem to be HACKS, anyway. There are very few 'artists' around who know not to overdo it.

by Anonymousreply 104October 30, 2020 7:03 PM

R103 - yeah, her husband looks great and very natural. She looks amazing too and she's in DIRECT sunlight, the most unforgiving light imaginable. I saw a picture of me on FB outside and I gasped because I looked sooo bad.

by Anonymousreply 105October 30, 2020 7:06 PM

R u Ramona Singer by any chance R105?

by Anonymousreply 106October 30, 2020 7:21 PM

What's with the gratuitous lesbian kiss in the elevator? There is no way an uptight character like Grace would kiss back like that. She would probably recoil.

by Anonymousreply 107October 30, 2020 8:08 PM

[quote] yeah, her husband looks great and very natural. She looks amazing too and she's in DIRECT sunlight, the most unforgiving light imaginable. I saw a picture of me on FB outside and I gasped because I looked sooo bad.

Can you afford laser resurfacing?

Because Lori & her husband can.

by Anonymousreply 108October 30, 2020 8:21 PM

I didn't see Hugh Grant in any of the scenes from upcoming episodes. Does he show up again?

by Anonymousreply 109October 30, 2020 8:58 PM

Of course he does, R109. His character is arrested for the young mother’s murder.

by Anonymousreply 110October 30, 2020 9:25 PM

I'm really enjoying this show! Maybe I'm just in the mood for a good old fashioned mystery thriller. I know, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 111October 31, 2020 2:52 PM

Ismael Cruz Cordova reveals how Nicole Kidman changed him while filming The Undoing

His piercing hazel eyes captured the attention of Nicole Kidman who cast him in The Undoing. But Ismael Cruz Cordova is more than just a pretty face:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 31, 2020 5:13 PM

Does Nicole show her little tits again?

by Anonymousreply 113October 31, 2020 5:35 PM

Is this worth watching? I saw the first one and it seems full of cliches. And what happened to Nicole’s face? It seems like she is putting fillers in her chin and jaw.

by Anonymousreply 114October 31, 2020 8:03 PM

Nicole's friends--if she had any--would refer to her behind her back as "Wiggy."

by Anonymousreply 115October 31, 2020 8:14 PM

Maybe I just don’t know what to look for, but I thought Nicole looked pretty good! There is a slightly distracting thing where you can see two sets of forehead lines above each eyebrow that are unsuccessfully trying to break through the botox, but other than that?

by Anonymousreply 116October 31, 2020 9:38 PM

I think Hugh Grant is doing an excellent job. Just like he did in that Streep film where she sang badly. I may be the only one here but I think Kidman picks out very interesting roles. I don't let her face distract from her acting.

by Anonymousreply 117October 31, 2020 10:25 PM

Her face has gotten the full on pillow face treatment. You can tell too in the trailer for The Prom. She has no wrinkles but it makes you look deformed like the Elephant Man. She is wearing a mask of injections.

by Anonymousreply 118October 31, 2020 10:33 PM

I know Nicole has close girlfriends (Naomi Watts, Michelle Pfieffer), but in The Undoing and Big Little Lies I’m struck how little chemistry she has with other actresses in “groups of friends” scenes. She always comes across as cold and distant...like she wants to be anywhere except where she is. As a result it’s hard to feel sorry for her characters.

by Anonymousreply 119November 1, 2020 1:06 AM

She is cold and distant. She only touches her children if a camera is on. She lives in Nashville so I doubt she is friends with other actresses. Doesn’t she hate Reese Witherspoon?

by Anonymousreply 120November 1, 2020 1:10 AM

R120, Hugh says in the show they don't have real friends. Her character is supposed to be cold and distant.

by Anonymousreply 121November 1, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote] Kidman and Grant were certainly well cast as rich New Yorkers,

???

That's a bizarre statement, given Grant's accent.

by Anonymousreply 122November 1, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote] I may be the only one here but I think Kidman picks out very interesting roles.

You are so right--it is so brave of her to finally play a rich and privileged wife in a bad marriage!

by Anonymousreply 123November 1, 2020 4:06 AM

It was horrible. Kidman’s wog and accent were just awful. But I was excited to see janel Maloney. Glad she’s working after the west wing

by Anonymousreply 124November 1, 2020 4:08 AM

Fifteen minutes in and the muffled dialogue followed by blaring music needs to hop into the nearest grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 125November 1, 2020 4:54 AM

Are we supposed to believe any rich bitches from NY would give the time of day to this woman (who was killed)?

by Anonymousreply 126November 1, 2020 4:56 AM

It will apparently be wildly different from the novel.

by Anonymousreply 127November 1, 2020 4:57 AM

Nicole Kidman has lived in America for 30 years and she still can’t figure out how to say anything?

by Anonymousreply 128November 1, 2020 5:01 AM

I did not think i would like this, but I do. I like the director. I find this show interesting, I am watching it.

by Anonymousreply 129November 1, 2020 5:14 AM

omg kidman has had so much filler etc in her face she looks like a sarah jessica parker wanna be.

by Anonymousreply 130November 1, 2020 5:28 AM

There was one scene in the first episiode of Kidman walking along a Manhattan street on the way to the meeting with the other mothers for the school auction, and her wig was so weird (it's not only that it looks clearly fake, but that it's a completely unreal shade of flame orange) that she looked like a space alien out for a walk among normal humans.

by Anonymousreply 131November 1, 2020 5:05 AM

Nicole's kids with Keith are the age of her son in this movie. Professional women (like the one she plays in this movie) wait later to have kids as they are setting up their careers.

by Anonymousreply 132November 1, 2020 11:41 AM

Did Nicole birth those babies herself?

by Anonymousreply 133November 1, 2020 12:06 PM

R122, the “wealthy British expat” is a standard New York type.

by Anonymousreply 134November 1, 2020 12:11 PM

[quote] Are we supposed to believe any rich bitches from NY would give the time of day to this woman (who was killed)?

Is that the naked lesbo?

by Anonymousreply 135November 1, 2020 1:36 PM

Nicole is too old for these parts. She is 53.

by Anonymousreply 136November 1, 2020 4:57 PM

Nicole is a really good actress, I thought she was brilliant in Photograph 51 here in London

by Anonymousreply 137November 1, 2020 5:37 PM

Undoing is pretty good. I am watching this. Is this thread from Tom Cruise or something? She looks gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 138November 1, 2020 8:10 PM

Undoing is pretty good. I am watching this. Is this thread from Tom Cruise or something? She looks gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 139November 1, 2020 8:10 PM

I don’t know any woman who is 53 with young children. Nor do I know any woman who is 53 that has more hair on her head than a yak.

by Anonymousreply 140November 1, 2020 8:12 PM

[quote]Nicole is too old for these parts. She is 53.

Huh? You think high society women in NYC have their kids at 16 y/o like trailer trash? No, they often wait until their late 30's, early 40's. And the character doesn't have a "young" son in this movie. He's not a toddler, he's a pre-teen. So, her age is appropriate to the character. And even if you think that's a bit of a stretch, Nic looks very good for her age, so she could easily play a character in her mid 40's-- right on target for a career woman to have a 12 y/o kid.

by Anonymousreply 141November 1, 2020 8:52 PM

Sure, whatever. In your fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 142November 1, 2020 9:58 PM

Research

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143November 1, 2020 9:59 PM

In New York and San Francisco, their average age is 31 and 32.

by Anonymousreply 144November 1, 2020 10:04 PM

I don't mind a 53-year-old Nicole Kidman having a 12-year-old child,

I mind a 53-year-old Nicole Kidman dressing and having (fake) long hair like she's 32.

by Anonymousreply 145November 1, 2020 11:06 PM

What kind of hair and clothes should a 53 y/o woman have? She's not flaunting her body or dressing cheap, so what is your problem, R145?

by Anonymousreply 146November 1, 2020 11:12 PM

She’s a phony. Plastic surgery and wigs.

by Anonymousreply 147November 1, 2020 11:28 PM

I do have take issue with an actress being unable to emote- that's the job. A celebrity, porn star, Kardashian, model, whatever can have a plastic face.

An actress has to be able to express with her face.

by Anonymousreply 148November 2, 2020 12:30 AM

Nicole's mask-like face makes it obvious and understandable why her husband would cheat. What straight man could resist that hot Latina with the great breasts, especially when he has that android at home?

by Anonymousreply 149November 2, 2020 12:42 AM

[quote] She's not flaunting her body or dressing cheap, so what is your problem, [R145]?

Honey, if you think that ratty Disney Princess wig cost more than $25 when they bought it in Koreatown, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

by Anonymousreply 150November 2, 2020 12:42 AM

She is supposed to be extremely rich, R148. Do you think rich NY women don’t get plastic surgery & have hair extensions?

by Anonymousreply 151November 2, 2020 12:43 AM

R151, bitch, every 40 year old woman in my family gets the best facelift money can buy. She looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 152November 2, 2020 12:59 AM

Nicole looks like her face was injected with baby plasma? Even her son-in-law the show has more wrinkles than she does. She LOVES to play a woman under duress who is falling apart.

by Anonymousreply 153November 2, 2020 2:00 AM

Let Rachel explain it all to you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 2, 2020 2:06 AM

Is Celeste ... I mean Grace the murderer?

by Anonymousreply 155November 2, 2020 2:24 AM

*cough* FEEBLE EXCUSES! *cough*

by Anonymousreply 156November 2, 2020 2:43 AM

I am trying to go with this show but the acting and writing are pretty bad. The CIP scenes are worse than Law & Order.

Nicole lets out a lot of sighs and makes bug eyes but her wig is way over the top.

by Anonymousreply 157November 2, 2020 2:46 AM

It's just BAD. Very BAD.

by Anonymousreply 158November 2, 2020 2:49 AM

Did they really not know that Hugh Grant was in the attic ? Did he just hide all day and eat their leftovers when they slept? What about bathroom needs, did he pee in a empty bottle or something?

Kidmans character needs to pull a Felicity and lop off that long hair.

by Anonymousreply 159November 2, 2020 2:58 AM

I enjoyed seeing the Fricke and Donald Sutherland’s apartment. The rest ... BLL lite.

by Anonymousreply 160November 2, 2020 4:21 AM

So Nicole Kidman did it, right? And framed her husband

by Anonymousreply 161November 2, 2020 4:41 AM

How could Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant have a kid who looks like THAT?

by Anonymousreply 162November 2, 2020 5:20 AM

Like what?

by Anonymousreply 163November 2, 2020 5:40 AM

It's the Frick.

by Anonymousreply 164November 2, 2020 5:53 AM

Hot breasts alone are not enough to temp a guy. Elena was more than likely on the prowl for a rich guy and threw her pussy smack in his face. He's a dumb fuck for not realizing she was a gold digging loon.

by Anonymousreply 165November 2, 2020 6:07 AM

Nicole is not convincing as an Upper East Sider. Why is she dressed like Stevie Nicks?

by Anonymousreply 166November 2, 2020 6:23 AM

geesh, What a piece of boring crud.....KIdman doin her usual frozen face bullshit. the bitch is box office poison, so wtf????

by Anonymousreply 167November 2, 2020 7:18 AM

Kidman clearly has some form of Body Dysmorphia but now it is impeding her work. So distracting and insecure.

by Anonymousreply 168November 2, 2020 8:28 AM

She seems out of place when she is talking to the other moms who are in their 30’s or 40’s. Oh Nicole, when will you ever learn.

by Anonymousreply 169November 2, 2020 3:16 PM

Ok so I'm watching the second episode and shit the writing sucks. That with Nicole's bad acting when talking to the police is ridiculous. But I think her hair looks good and I'm very critical about things like that. Are we supposed to know what her father did? His apartment is palatial.

by Anonymousreply 170November 2, 2020 7:31 PM

R161. They've deviated from the book so I am not sure what the ending will be here!

by Anonymousreply 171November 2, 2020 7:36 PM

So Nicole did it, right? Because she flashbacked to the room the dead mom was lying in. She’s pissed at her husband for having an affair & framed him for the killing, then called the police.

Or one of the other moms did it.

Or all of the moms did it.

I’ve seen better Law & Order episodes.

by Anonymousreply 172November 2, 2020 7:43 PM

Why does the child and detective have more wrinkles than Nicole?

by Anonymousreply 173November 2, 2020 7:57 PM

I always suspect Lily Rabe. Any show she's on, I suspect her.

by Anonymousreply 174November 2, 2020 8:45 PM

Who is the Bonnie character here? Jonathan killing Elena to keep her quiet about their affair (and child) to save this marriage is a no--that's the book ending.

Who is the Bonnie character here? I think Donald Sutherland is involved but I don't think he's the killer.

by Anonymousreply 175November 2, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote]I always suspect Lily Rabe. Any show she's on, I suspect her.

You might be right. Maybe she was having an affair with Jonathan also and got jealous of Elena?

Rabe would have been a better choice for Grace.

by Anonymousreply 176November 2, 2020 8:54 PM

R166, I was hoping she'd stop while walking on the street, and throw that ugly coat in a nearby dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 177November 3, 2020 10:20 AM

Kidman should play mid-career women, young grandmother, with 30 year old sons. If she doesn't start playing age appropriate, she is wasting these years of her career.

by Anonymousreply 178November 3, 2020 11:00 AM

Kidman would rather play a maid or slave than a grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 179November 3, 2020 11:26 AM

She should play a haughty ulster landlordess who gets fucked in the barn by her rough trade tenant for gruel in 1840s Ireland. Ryan Murphy can definitely cast that one.

by Anonymousreply 180November 3, 2020 11:31 AM

Kidman is 53, the kid playing her son is 15. That makes sense for her character's socioeconomic status.

by Anonymousreply 181November 3, 2020 1:21 PM

15? No he's about 11.

by Anonymousreply 182November 3, 2020 2:57 PM

Nicole Kidman's green crushed velvet coat and long wig gives the the distinct impression she is doing pre-Raphaelite poster art cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 183November 3, 2020 5:45 PM

It’s all to distract from her face!

by Anonymousreply 184November 3, 2020 5:47 PM

That hideous wig they put on her is so bad. She's supposed to be losing her shit having just lost complete track of her husband for 48 hours, gotten an acquaintance murdered and being a person of interest in an NYPD murder investigation and she looks like she spent the 5 hours prior to each shot at the most expensive hair salon in NY.

by Anonymousreply 185November 3, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote]15? No he's about 11.

The actor is 15, but I can see him playing an eleven year old in the series because Nicole Kidman's daughters had a scene as students. They're little kids so they would not be at a high school.

by Anonymousreply 186November 3, 2020 6:02 PM

I'm enjoying it so far but the one thing I could never buy is a rich, savvy and well connected woman like Kidmans character talking to cops without a lawyer. I mean, these one percenters immediately call their lawyer if someone stubs their toe on their property. And a man like Sutherland would probably forcibly send a lawyer down to the precinct even if Kidman declined.

by Anonymousreply 187November 3, 2020 6:08 PM

I'm freaked out by Nicole's plastic surgery. At certain angles, she looks great, not a sign of tight pulling or implants but at other angles she looks like Rocky Dennis from Mask.

by Anonymousreply 188November 3, 2020 6:14 PM

The book has Nicole’s character also as an author who has just published a book on how men give away all their flaws at the beginning (cheater, lazy, liar, etc.) but women ignore the signs and marry them anyway. Then ironically she discovers her own husband was a cheater, thus confirming her own hypothesis. Why they jettisoned this part I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 189November 3, 2020 6:37 PM

How did the Anglo Scottish Irish pairing of Hugh Grant & Nicole Kidman produce a small dark Jewish son?

by Anonymousreply 190November 3, 2020 6:39 PM

Why did she need so much surgery? And it started years ago?

by Anonymousreply 191November 3, 2020 6:40 PM

R190, yeah that's a good point. And I know plenty of Jewish gingers. Short end of every stick, that.

by Anonymousreply 192November 3, 2020 7:54 PM

The kid isn't very good at accents or acting in general. I hear his English accent peeking through occasionally. Is it really so hard to simply hire an American to play an American? I laughed when Nicole asked him if he knew his father's phone passcode and after taking the phone and staring at it for 20 seconds he said, "NO!" He's a little bit slow, eh?

Kidman looks terrible now but in a few years, she'll be terrifying. She's really ruined her beauty.

by Anonymousreply 193November 3, 2020 8:20 PM

I haven't fully committed to watching this week's episode yet, so I can't speak on how Jupe was in this episode but I've seen his other work - "Honey Boy", "Suburbicon", "Wonder" and he is a very good actor.

by Anonymousreply 194November 3, 2020 8:42 PM

Nicole's face is so tight and shiny that she looks like a burn victim from some angles.

by Anonymousreply 195November 3, 2020 8:52 PM

r190 she went crazy with cosmetic procedures when Tom Cruise left her. Comparing images from the start of that year to the end and her eyebrows and forehead when berserk.

by Anonymousreply 196November 3, 2020 8:56 PM

I think she looks good compared to what she had done in the past. at least in this, she can move her forehead and you can see lines on her forehead. I saw her in something a few years ago and her face was frozen.

by Anonymousreply 197November 3, 2020 9:16 PM

r182 the actual age of the kid playing her son is 15.

by Anonymousreply 198November 3, 2020 9:20 PM

[quote]How did the Anglo Scottish Irish pairing of Hugh Grant & Nicole Kidman produce a small dark Jewish son?

That's Hollywood for you. It's rather comical.

by Anonymousreply 199November 3, 2020 9:22 PM

I agree that sometimes Nicole looks good and other times it’s clearly off. I feel she can play this kind of character in her sleep and has been doing the same character since The Others (chilly / pleasant woman becomes unraveled).

by Anonymousreply 200November 3, 2020 9:52 PM

[quote]I feel she can play this kind of character in her sleep and has been doing the same character since The Others (chilly / pleasant woman becomes unraveled).

Try Bangkok Hilton!

by Anonymousreply 201November 3, 2020 10:06 PM

[quote] The book has Nicole’s character also as an author who has just published a book on how men give away all their flaws at the beginning (cheater, lazy, liar, etc.) but women ignore the signs and marry them anyway. Then ironically she discovers her own husband was a cheater, thus confirming her own hypothesis. Why they jettisoned this part I have no idea.

I'm sure because it was too subtle!

by Anonymousreply 202November 3, 2020 10:06 PM

I thought that Hugh in the scene where he confesses to the affair was more over-the-top acting that I need to see in a full year.

by Anonymousreply 203November 3, 2020 10:08 PM

[quote]How did the Anglo Scottish Irish pairing of Hugh Grant & Nicole Kidman produce a small dark Jewish son?

The magic of Hollywood nepotism. I had the same first thought when I saw the fugly kid they cast as Lily Rabe's daughter. Looks nothing like her.

by Anonymousreply 204November 3, 2020 10:13 PM

Richard Gere and Diane Laine's offspring looked like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 3, 2020 10:20 PM

the kid coould be her grandson, do she realize dat? and that wig is as scarey as her hubby.

GROW UP NIK, UR PUSHIN 60

by Anonymousreply 206November 3, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote][R182] the actual age of the kid playing her son is 15.

Hee looks about 11.

by Anonymousreply 207November 3, 2020 10:22 PM

Is Nicole the queen of TV?

by Anonymousreply 208November 3, 2020 10:23 PM

She's the Queen of Skanky Wigs, at least.

by Anonymousreply 209November 3, 2020 10:37 PM

I think she is still considered a big and glamorous star. She is definitely doing better than Julianne Moore, Julia Roberts, and Sandra Bullock.

by Anonymousreply 210November 3, 2020 10:41 PM

She's pretty much the equivalent of Joan Crawford or Loretta Young in the post-war period. This is exactly the sort of noirish melodrama they'd be involved in--where they discover their husband is not who they thought and their perfect lifestyle is a sham.

by Anonymousreply 211November 3, 2020 10:53 PM

The book was awful. Like if Gone Girl gets an "A" for this very specific type of genre then "You should have Known" is a D-. The book comes off like an adapted Lifetime screenplay. The killer is the very obvious male choice (at least in the book).

by Anonymousreply 212November 3, 2020 10:59 PM

Does Lily Rabe’s character become a larger part of the story? Does she only commiserate? That’s boring.

by Anonymousreply 213November 3, 2020 11:07 PM

If the movie/series follows the book then the Lily Rabe character has stuff to reveal about the husband (after reading that book years ago I absolutely have no desire to watch this...yet.)

by Anonymousreply 214November 3, 2020 11:12 PM

I was about to give up on the show, but the last 10 minutes of the 2nd episode were riveting.

by Anonymousreply 215November 3, 2020 11:23 PM

that shitass bigass wig of hers hides her most recent facelift scars, on sides of her face by ears, , yep, a dead give away, no one else has a wig that bad/big unless they gots scars

by Anonymousreply 216November 4, 2020 7:27 AM

Hugh looks like hell!

by Anonymousreply 217November 4, 2020 7:30 AM

Her latest chin implant is embarassing,

by Anonymousreply 218November 4, 2020 7:30 AM

The show should be called The Wig....one cant take ones eyes off it, so large, curly and bizarre....very 1978

by Anonymousreply 219November 4, 2020 8:04 AM

I wonder how many times Nashville PD has called because of a domestic disturbance at the Urban-Kidman estate...

"Roger that. We're here here now. He apparently hit her for wearing one of his wigs, and she choked him out for using her foundation sponge. Looks like they've destroyed each other's vanity mirrors as well."

by Anonymousreply 220November 4, 2020 9:04 AM

Her the Undoing wig could knock a guy plum out cold.. How could she ok such a ridic mess to wear on that show?

by Anonymousreply 221November 4, 2020 9:26 AM

I think her big hair and green coat is the outfit of a villain. Any other woman with a missing potential-murderer husband would have her hair in ponytail, pink-hued "no makeup" makeup, would be wearing cosy, neutral-toned cashmere knits and a simply, loose black coat.

by Anonymousreply 222November 4, 2020 10:14 AM

I loved Hugh Grant leaping out onto the balcony hissing "don't scream". He needs to play a sleazy, violent villain.

by Anonymousreply 223November 4, 2020 10:15 AM

Grant was really good as a sleazy journalist in The Gentlemen.

by Anonymousreply 224November 4, 2020 10:42 AM

No woman of her... station has wild red loose hair like that. Unless they are a “celebrity” sort of personality and that’s their standout trademark. Hair like that would be tamed and straightened and blonded - the exact same way that Kidman has done in real life.

When she just jumps in the police car from the lobby without a purse... and then leaves the police station to walk the streets of Harlem? How does she get home? Waits for an Uber in a deli?

The beach house they fled to: which beach has gigantic boulders like that in the water? None of the Atlantic beaches I’ve seen have them. Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 225November 4, 2020 11:30 AM

And the way the Sylvia character keeps saying “It’s always the fucking husband!” makes me think it’s a clue. Maybe she did it and framed Jonathan. The baby is Sylvia’s husband’s.

There’s a story that Grace tells the kid, about Jonathan being blamed for killing his dog, that’s an obvious lie. What was that about? That’s a lousy explanation for why adult Jonathan doesn’t want his son to have a dog. It’s Grace who doesn’t want a dog.

by Anonymousreply 226November 4, 2020 11:40 AM

Horrible script for an ok book,.. odd choice for them to make this failure of a movie, of.

Kidman was once the face of Chanel, how the mighty have fallen.

by Anonymousreply 227November 4, 2020 11:41 AM

This was given to the plastic surgeon, the wigmaker, and the makeup artist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 4, 2020 11:57 AM

I keep hoping for more suspense and thrills.....maybe the return of Hugh will bring some.

The camera is on Kidman too much. gags, why?? Did she produce and direct the damn thing?

by Anonymousreply 229November 4, 2020 11:59 AM

After seeing Aunt Sassy doing model lips at the photo shoot for Room and Bored, I cannot take Kidman seriously. She does the same thing in every role.

She always looks like a Valerie Cherish wannabee.

by Anonymousreply 230November 4, 2020 12:05 PM

Honey, she not only produced it, she warbles the damn theme song

by Anonymousreply 231November 4, 2020 12:05 PM

Is that really Nicole singing that stupid theme song?

She and David E Kelly should've fought like hell to bring on the music director for Big Little Lies.

by Anonymousreply 232November 4, 2020 12:15 PM

lol....NO SHIT

by Anonymousreply 233November 4, 2020 12:15 PM

LOOOVE Aunt Sassy.....best stuff on u tube ever. yay south park

by Anonymousreply 234November 4, 2020 12:16 PM

Put in your ear plugs and lock up your dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 4, 2020 12:23 PM

She always wanted to be a singer, she is on some u tube stuff singng along with keith on his crappy songs. , just bouncing along like she had good sense.

A nightingale she not.

by Anonymousreply 236November 4, 2020 12:38 PM

R236 Nicole had a UK Christmas No.1 single with Robbie Williams.

by Anonymousreply 237November 4, 2020 1:05 PM

I was tempted to watch but the first two reviews basically said it was boring and I didn't like how they made Nicole look. Has anything stuck it through and kept watching?

by Anonymousreply 238November 4, 2020 1:05 PM

It's not terrible or woeful, but a glossy crime procedural among the obscenely rich and pretentious. Think of one of those glossy 1980s/1990s Woman In Peril movies with Ashley Judd, Jodie Foster or Glenn Close.

by Anonymousreply 239November 4, 2020 3:26 PM

I think the blond lawyer was fucking Hugh’s character and was replaced by Elena, so she killed her. Or the blond lawyer was fucking him and in love, so she killed Elena for him when Elena became a needy pest.

by Anonymousreply 240November 4, 2020 3:43 PM

R238: The third episode is this coming Sunday. I’m interested enough to watch, but not DYING of anticipation.

by Anonymousreply 241November 4, 2020 3:47 PM

Hugh's character and Grace's dad are having an affair. Now that they've worked together to convince her to flee to the beach house, they're going to gaslighting her.

by Anonymousreply 242November 4, 2020 3:51 PM

Lily Rabe is very good at playing a rich entitled white cunt.

If you're familiar with the wealthy Manhattan world this show portrays, her character is quite true to life.

by Anonymousreply 243November 4, 2020 5:30 PM

I take it Lily Rabe plays the blonde lawyer bitch? She’s sooooooo good. I mean, if anyone’s performance stands on its own legs (rather than star power), it’s hers.

by Anonymousreply 244November 4, 2020 5:37 PM

Yes, that's Lily Rabe. Her mother was the late Jill Clayburgh.

by Anonymousreply 245November 4, 2020 5:45 PM

Oh wow!!!! Loved Jill Clayburgh.

by Anonymousreply 246November 4, 2020 5:46 PM

You can really see her chin implant in The Prom trailer.

I wonder what she looks like with no wig and no makeup.

by Anonymousreply 247November 4, 2020 5:58 PM

Why did she get a chin implant? I can understand the botox and filler, but she didn't need a chin implant. I don't get it???

by Anonymousreply 248November 4, 2020 7:52 PM

She started getting unnecessary work done starting in her early 30s. She was a gorgeous woman who didn't need anything done, and she was also too young.

by Anonymousreply 249November 4, 2020 8:00 PM

Since they mentioned the dog, I’m wondering how far from the book they’re going to stray.

It seems like such a clusterfuck already that I won’t be surprised if ends up as nothing more than a setup for the “our new lives!” scene when she finally gets the kid a dog, but why bother using something so important to the book unless it’s going to have the same meaning?

Yes, he was a complete psycho; yes, he did this; yes, he did that; yes, everything about him is a lie, even his Canal St. Birkin; but it was Lily Rabe in the art studio with a hammer!

Even though I’m hating it I have to keep watching just to see how far they’ll go.

by Anonymousreply 250November 4, 2020 9:17 PM

Glad you are enjoying it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251November 5, 2020 1:35 AM

R250, did you really just spoil this? (I figured it was Sylvia or her husband). And I was right that the dog has some significance?

by Anonymousreply 252November 5, 2020 3:44 AM

r252 the series is different from the book, from what I've heard. They've changed things significantly.

by Anonymousreply 253November 5, 2020 3:49 AM

[quote]did you really just spoil this?

Nope. I can't spoil what I haven't seen. I was just referring to speculation earlier in the thread that it was Sylvia.

I hope the dog does play a role because I can't wait to see how she tries to approximate this look with an immobile face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254November 5, 2020 4:05 AM

Am I the only one that’s getting really sick of Nicole Kidman? She’s getting as much plastic surgery as her ex Tom. She’s creeping me out like him.

by Anonymousreply 255November 5, 2020 4:08 AM

Did this scene give anyone else a flashback to her weird Oscars clapping? When she was putting the cream on, her fingers were all splayed out, bending backwards, and just generally moving in a very uncanny-valley manner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256November 5, 2020 4:17 AM

[quote]Why did she get a chin implant? I can understand the botox and filler, but she didn't need a chin implant. I don't get it???

Remember how exacting Tom Cruise was? He had Nazanin Boniadi's inciser teeth ground away because he thought they looked too sharp. Katie Holmes also had nurmorous tweaks when she was with Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 257November 5, 2020 4:33 AM

*numerous

by Anonymousreply 258November 5, 2020 4:34 AM

No part of Tom Cruise's face has been left untouched, he's had everything done.

by Anonymousreply 259November 5, 2020 4:45 AM

Tom and Nicole are very similar. Career and staying on top are #1.

by Anonymousreply 260November 5, 2020 4:47 AM

hubby really did it. no biggie, boring book as well as movie....

by Anonymousreply 261November 5, 2020 5:01 AM

Nicole Kidman is starting to look like Joan Rivers.

by Anonymousreply 262November 5, 2020 5:02 AM

Im bewildered by the chin implant and the bad wig...she is like a smorgasborg of bad taste..

by Anonymousreply 263November 5, 2020 5:19 AM

Kind of a nothing book, they musta paid KIdman alot to be in it, no big ending, no one could have done it cept hubby, Kidman's acting style kills any fun of drama. The book could have been cut in half, too long...

by Anonymousreply 264November 5, 2020 5:27 AM

She looks like a mannequin. I did not see her forehead or upper lip move at all. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 265November 5, 2020 6:23 AM

R264 just trying to help you here:

“Must have” not “musta”

“Kidman” not “Kldman”

“A lot” not “alot”

“Except” not “cept”

If you’re going to criticize anything, but especially a novel (not “book”), its best to get the spelling and grammar right, otherwise you look like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 266November 5, 2020 6:50 AM

FUK OFF GRANNY TURD FACE, ON DL WE DO AS WE WISH....GO CORRECT SOME GRFFITI ON DA STREET AND LEAVE US FUKKERS ALONE.

by Anonymousreply 267November 5, 2020 7:02 AM

Oh nicole my darling, smother me in thy wig curls and fap me with thy chin.... Thy plastique urbane charms shall be my undoing.

by Anonymousreply 268November 5, 2020 8:12 AM

Both the father and Sylvia tried to convince Grace to leave town and go to the beach house. One or both knew the husband was there. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 269November 5, 2020 8:34 AM

r266 doesn't know colloquial English when she sees it.

by Anonymousreply 270November 5, 2020 1:05 PM

R113 - yes, Nicole goes fully nude in the shower in episode one.

by Anonymousreply 271November 5, 2020 1:20 PM

R116 - yeah, I thought she looked good in this show. With the hair, she's definitely channeling early Nicole circa 1992.

by Anonymousreply 272November 5, 2020 1:51 PM

Nicole knows showing them titties get you them Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 273November 5, 2020 1:57 PM

I do not understand her appeal. She is a cipher, a blank slate who says lines.

by Anonymousreply 274November 5, 2020 3:11 PM

Lily Rabe always delivers. Terrific actress.

by Anonymousreply 275November 5, 2020 4:23 PM

Personally I would never trust a therapist who looks as artificial and rigid as her.

by Anonymousreply 276November 5, 2020 8:04 PM

what about Lily, what kind of work has she had on her face? a face lift?

by Anonymousreply 277November 5, 2020 9:43 PM

i thought it was weird that his desk is in front of his closet.

by Anonymousreply 278November 5, 2020 9:43 PM

She must have a thing about her wigs, watching Lone Mountain, she plays a mountain lady, but her big flowing billowing blonde wavy wig could be on a nieman marcus mannequin in the 70s....she mus have a thing about her...wigs. She prob has a huge collection of them, perhaps she is hair challenged and takes 'special precautions'..

by Anonymousreply 279November 6, 2020 7:12 AM

ooops, called Cold Mountain, damn good movie.

by Anonymousreply 280November 6, 2020 7:26 AM

Rene Zellwegger won tons of awards for tht movie, best supporting actress, from Oscar to several film festival awards. Outstanding job she did as the hillbilly woman. A truly great movie, ton of terrific actors in it. Kidman was not nominated for it, oddly, she the star along with Jude Law.

by Anonymousreply 281November 6, 2020 8:52 AM

the police guy is hot. wish he had a fuk scene with somebody..

by Anonymousreply 282November 6, 2020 10:36 AM

Isn't this the guy who played Versace in American Crime Story? He is very hot.

I'm wondering if the show is deliberately trying to go off on a different tangent with red herrings and then the killer will end up being who the book said it was.

by Anonymousreply 283November 6, 2020 11:33 AM

Depends how many episodes they spin this out to, r283.

by Anonymousreply 284November 6, 2020 2:10 PM

so thinly scripted, shoulda been a 2 parter....

by Anonymousreply 285November 6, 2020 2:40 PM

omg NIcole is on QVC selling that wig !!!

by Anonymousreply 286November 6, 2020 2:44 PM

I kind of wish Lily Rabe was in the Nicole role.

Hopefully HBO gives Lily her own prestige series. She's amazing to watch.

by Anonymousreply 287November 6, 2020 2:53 PM

no kidding, now Lily can act !! and not as fake as Miss Wiggy...

by Anonymousreply 288November 6, 2020 3:09 PM

This should've been a movie instead of a limited series.

HBO recently made the same mistake with The Outsider, stretching it out into a totally unnecessary 10-part limited series, when a two-hour movie would've covered the whole story just fine.

by Anonymousreply 289November 6, 2020 3:49 PM

^That's true of so many series lately. Slow as molasses.

by Anonymousreply 290November 6, 2020 4:06 PM

One does wonder who such drivel gets on tv these days....hbo seems better than showtime by far.

by Anonymousreply 291November 6, 2020 5:13 PM

Sharp Objects was way too long as well. Slow and tortuous. It should have been a brisk 3-part-special.

by Anonymousreply 292November 6, 2020 7:47 PM

The reason this was stretched out to a "prestige" television series and not a good 2 hour movie is because stars like Nicole and Hugh don't want to be known for made-for-tv movies, even if it's a "prestige" network like HBO. That's what my agent friends told me. They'd rather shoot an indie feature and get paid $700,000 that flops and is artistic than do made for TV 90 minute movie. Allegedly.

I thought Nicole looked beautiful and Lily Rabe is fuckikg amazing. What an actor. The real deal. Give her everything. Best in class. Lily Rabe forever. Nicole was great as well.

Hugh, call me. Loved a grizzled Brit in his 50s.

by Anonymousreply 293November 6, 2020 10:39 PM

he in his sixtys bb...

by Anonymousreply 294November 7, 2020 5:22 AM

Nicole’s Oscar the grouch jacket is horrendous and distracting.

by Anonymousreply 295November 7, 2020 5:23 AM

OH but honey it cost ten grande so it must be chic and shit huh.....

SHE IS ALL THAT IS FAKE AND FUKEY

by Anonymousreply 296November 7, 2020 7:50 AM

Who is her fan base??? She keeps making flops..

by Anonymousreply 297November 7, 2020 10:26 AM

R284 - I just checked and there will be 6 episodes, according to Wikipedia.

I'll keep watching because I am curious to see how it pans out.

by Anonymousreply 298November 7, 2020 10:43 AM

hubby did it. standard thang....

by Anonymousreply 299November 7, 2020 10:49 AM

Does she sleep in that thing on her head???

by Anonymousreply 300November 7, 2020 1:25 PM

So now everyone is a suspect? I didn’t understand the interaction at all about Nicole and the murdered woman’s husband. And is Nicole supposed to be the Nancy Grace of psychologists? They do not act that way.

by Anonymousreply 301November 9, 2020 3:38 AM

What was Elena's point in writhing around naked in front of Grace?

by Anonymousreply 302November 9, 2020 3:58 AM

Lots of scenes of Grace walking away tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303November 9, 2020 4:01 AM

Poor rendering of a so so book, dont know why Kidman's team wanted to produce/star in this thing...has the suspense of a ...fish. No twists or turns to speak of,,,,,the husband did it .

by Anonymousreply 304November 9, 2020 4:01 AM

Is Nicole now a suspect? Does she have multiple personalities?

by Anonymousreply 305November 9, 2020 4:02 AM

That wig should be listed in the cast as a member of the troupe...

ITS ALIVE

by Anonymousreply 306November 9, 2020 4:05 AM

Why do people post spoilers here? They must lead sad, lonely lives, nobody likes them and they live in anger.

by Anonymousreply 307November 9, 2020 4:10 AM

Nicole played the mother of 6 year old twins not too long ago. Not only that, but her on-screen husband was pressuring her for a baby. She sees no problem with playing roles that call for 30 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 308November 9, 2020 4:12 AM

The show has been on for 3 weeks. No one is spoiling what hasn’t already aired.

I am sure Nicole leaped at this - a series on HBO. But the show is awkward. Not suspenseful and incoherent.

by Anonymousreply 309November 9, 2020 4:20 AM

This episode was really boring for the most part. I can't believe Kidman wore that green Wizard of Oz coat again in the beginning. I dIon't buy the whole prison fight scene. A rich and connected white guy like him would be watched like a hawk and placed in solitary for his own protection.

Kidman is not a naive waif, she's a jaded manhattanite. There's no way she would agree to talk privately to Elena's husband. Another thing that doesn't ring true was how confrontational the cops were towards her father. The upper middle class with lawyers at their disposal don't get that sort of treatment from authorities. That sort of thing is saved for the poor and lower middle class.

by Anonymousreply 310November 9, 2020 4:22 AM

I think they changed the ending, and some of the plot line, from the book. It's film noir. The director is good.

by Anonymousreply 311November 9, 2020 4:22 AM

Bizarre she consented to be in this boring dreck....not her most shining moment...nor the director or screenplay writer.

justa paycheck...

non spoiler, they prob changed the ending....its so much lesss appealing than the book

by Anonymousreply 312November 9, 2020 4:26 AM

I like the actress who plays the attorney-she’s British, too, but her accent is fine...so far.

At one point in last week’s episode Kidman pronounced the word patronizing as the UK “patronizing,” not the US “paytronizing.”

by Anonymousreply 313November 9, 2020 4:34 AM

Her Aussie accent often slips in. Did anyone understand the dialogue between Nicole and the widower? That exchange made no sense unless he is asking for more money through his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 314November 9, 2020 4:39 AM

The dad did it. Donald Sutherland.

by Anonymousreply 315November 9, 2020 4:45 AM

[quote]damn, Hugh is starting to look terrible

STARTING to look terrible??

by Anonymousreply 316November 9, 2020 4:51 AM

[quote]Why do people post spoilers here? They must lead sad, lonely lives, nobody likes them and they live in anger.

Nobody has posted anything that hasn't already aired.

And yes, Hugh looks like hammered shit. Is he a drinker/smoker? He sure looks like it.

by Anonymousreply 317November 9, 2020 4:53 AM

I like this.

by Anonymousreply 318November 9, 2020 4:54 AM

I like this.

by Anonymousreply 319November 9, 2020 4:54 AM

Maybe the show can abruptly switch to a Stella Got her Groove Back type of genre. Kidman is single and ready to mingle and the first thing she does is buy a chicer set of clothes and then sees a professional about that hair.

by Anonymousreply 320November 9, 2020 5:04 AM

or follow the kid around, his life prob more interesting than the parents.....never seen a murder mystery be so zzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 321November 9, 2020 6:49 AM

This is good. I like it. Great distraction. Something different.

by Anonymousreply 322November 9, 2020 8:54 AM

I think I figured it out.

If you want to know who I think did it google who Barbara Sabich is.

by Anonymousreply 323November 9, 2020 9:31 AM

It is amazing watching Grant act up a storm in the prison scene and seeing that Kidman is too surgeried up to do any subtle acting anymore.

Plus the facelifts, etc make her look so old compared to Grant--who is not exactly looking fresh himself.

I am really liking Hugh Grant in this. Her character should be the center, but because she cannot act anymore (for physical reasons) it all falls on him.

by Anonymousreply 324November 9, 2020 3:30 PM

The child generates more emotional heat with Grant in his prison scene than Kidman could.

by Anonymousreply 325November 9, 2020 4:07 PM

There are so many close ups of her face but the problem is it does not move, so we have no idea what she is thinking or feeling. No emotions there.

And why is she walking everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 326November 9, 2020 4:29 PM

R326, the walking is a New York thing. A lot of people there walk rather than call a car. (Also, during the day it can often be faster to walk.)

And a more resourceful actress would make the shots of walking speak more.

by Anonymousreply 327November 9, 2020 4:41 PM

Sutherland's character is only a red herring. You can tell because he looks so grim and suspicious, it just can't be him. Nicole's character couldn't have done it because she was devoting hours to that wig of hers. No time for murdering. It's so obvious that THE SON DID IT! It's always the least likely character. There bitches, you read it here first.

by Anonymousreply 328November 9, 2020 4:55 PM

I consider myself a Kidman fan but I really have no idea why she's suddenly decided not to be able to do an American accent. She's done them convincingly for years but seems to have just 'stopped'.

We all know she can act. We all know she can do an accent. Is she trying to make some kind of point? I don't understand it.

by Anonymousreply 329November 9, 2020 5:47 PM

I vote for Lily Rabe. Her glances in the courtroom to Hugh Grant said “I love you and I killed her for you so we can be together again”

by Anonymousreply 330November 9, 2020 5:51 PM

Whoever chose that Oscar the Grouch jacket should never work in costuming again.

Agreed that Lilly rabe is involved somehow. Odd glances to the prosecutor as well.

by Anonymousreply 331November 9, 2020 5:54 PM

STOP with the spoilers! Why does he have a public defender? Any explanation?

by Anonymousreply 332November 9, 2020 6:50 PM

You don’t want spoilers but you want to know? Read in at your own risk;

He is accused of murder of his mistress/baby momma with a hammer to to the face. Have a nice day

by Anonymousreply 333November 9, 2020 6:58 PM

If you got through Ep 2 you know why he needs a public defender. Not exactly a spoiler at this point in the story.

by Anonymousreply 334November 9, 2020 8:10 PM

r326 I thought exactly the same thing. Kidman's face is so frozen she can't show any emotions. Not good at all for an actor, facial expressions are an important part of their craft and can put so many things across to an audience. Think of what somebody like Bette Davis could do with just a subtle raise of an eyebrow or a certain glance with her eyes. One simple gesture could say so much to an audience.

by Anonymousreply 335November 9, 2020 9:20 PM

I'm just guessing it's Sutherland's character, based on the "crazy eyes" thing he's doing.

It could be the kid, He seems nutty as hell. Also pretty short is their casting a kid of Kidman's and Grant's.

by Anonymousreply 336November 9, 2020 9:35 PM

I mean, "if"

by Anonymousreply 337November 9, 2020 9:37 PM

That kid is totally unbelievable as the biological child of Kidman and Grant.

by Anonymousreply 338November 9, 2020 9:44 PM

I guffawed at the final scene of last night’s episode. Just totally ludicrous. And as others have pointed out, it strains credulity that someone of her socio-economic status would be hanging out with the cops answering questions for hours without a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 339November 9, 2020 9:51 PM

That's a good theory, R328, but why do the opening credits have a young girl with a curly rep mop of hair walking around while Nicole Kidman sings "Dream a Little Dream"? I'm sure there is more to that.

by Anonymousreply 340November 9, 2020 9:55 PM

True r339. Rich people lawyer up right away, they don't speak to cops directly unless they are forced to, and even then they always have a lawyer present.

by Anonymousreply 341November 9, 2020 9:55 PM

R340, I forgot about that--Daddy too close? Why would a grown woman leave her own home and go hide at Daddy's? That's weird, even if the press is hounding you, most adults want their autonomy. Maybe child abuse explains why a 50 year old woman would wear that hair/wig, too.

Would you want her as your therapist?

by Anonymousreply 342November 9, 2020 10:00 PM

53 year old woman.

by Anonymousreply 343November 9, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote]Would you want her as your therapist?

Not at her prices.

by Anonymousreply 344November 9, 2020 10:05 PM

It’s also weird that a rich White woman would dare to go above 96th street, let alone walk thru Spanish Harlem in the middle of the night wearing $10,000 worth of clothes.

I’m not feeling this show. Are they setting Nicole’s character to be a looney toon? Are her “visions” memories?

by Anonymousreply 345November 9, 2020 10:10 PM

Seriously r345. No woman of that class would walk around that neighborhood at night. Much less in clothes that advertised she was wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 346November 9, 2020 10:16 PM

Some of the script is ludicrously written. Nicole: "Are you saying I'M a suspect?" Uh, yeah, honey, you're in a whodunnit so everyone is.

by Anonymousreply 347November 9, 2020 10:33 PM

Someone brought up Kidman's age and being a mother of a young. She's 53. The actor playing her son is 15. That would make her 38 when he was born. Lots of NYC professional women (and beyond) have kids in their late 30s, even well into their 40s. It's not that surprising.

People are also bringing up her plastic surgery, limited expression, etc. The truth is that she got new doctors (I'm theorising here) years ago and she actually has looked "better" in her late 40s and early 50s than she did in her late 30s/early 40s.

What is surprising is that her character only seems to own two coats. But, I'm gathering that it's her character walking around when she was a young girl in the opening credits and that there will be a revealing irony to the fact that she is a therapist. We'll probably get more into her own psychology in the second half of the series.

by Anonymousreply 348November 9, 2020 10:40 PM

R348 Yeah. I've been having a ton of fun snarking on all the aspects of this show that make no sense (why the fuck does she keep talking to cops without an attorney?) but her being 53 and the mother of a teen or tween is actually spot on for a rich and educated NYC professional.

by Anonymousreply 349November 9, 2020 10:51 PM

She may only be 53 but the surgery makes her look at least 10 years older than that.

by Anonymousreply 350November 9, 2020 10:52 PM

Women who are only 53 usually do not look like they have had as much work done as Nicole has.

by Anonymousreply 351November 9, 2020 10:53 PM

The New Yorker calls it "empty life-style porn":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352November 9, 2020 11:21 PM

She looks 53, not younger or older, just 53 with some work done.

by Anonymousreply 353November 9, 2020 11:23 PM

I think the plastic surgery, chin implant and collagen in the lips, has fucked up her mouth so much that she has had to relearn how to do an American accent, but it's not working.

It also appears as though she's forgotten how to close her mouth normally, so her lips don't sit right when her mouth is shut and she ends up with a weird sneer.

I think Lily Rabe did it. The reason for the opening credits is probably something to do with Nicole's dead mother.

by Anonymousreply 354November 10, 2020 12:37 AM

I don't think Donald Sutherland did it, that would be too obvious. Who knows, though.

by Anonymousreply 355November 10, 2020 12:39 AM

Is someone going to fuck Edgar Ramirez in this thing? I'll tune back in if he's getting fucked or fucks someone.

by Anonymousreply 356November 10, 2020 12:42 AM

Noah Jupe was terrific in this episode. But it’s not great TV.

by Anonymousreply 357November 10, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote]That kid is totally unbelievable as the biological child of Kidman and Grant.

Let’s get really crazy and have Elena’s husband revealed to be the father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358November 10, 2020 1:32 AM

I don't want to see Ramirez and Kidman get it on. The best-looking character is dead and she wasn't that great. I wish Kidman had left her face alone and I think she'd look great right now.

by Anonymousreply 359November 10, 2020 1:39 AM

I think she looks good but her face does not move much. Hence all the wigs, sighs and eyeball acting. She has very restricted movement in her face.

by Anonymousreply 360November 10, 2020 1:52 AM

She can walk around like that because anyone in a shitty neighborhood has street smarts enough to know that a tall skinny white woman in an upholstery coat and crazy tangled hair and a mask face is a bruja. Nobody’s messing with THAT kind of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 361November 10, 2020 2:55 AM

And she never carries a handbag.

by Anonymousreply 362November 10, 2020 2:56 AM

So bitchy:

As Grace, Kidman seems, at times, unsure of her own character’s intentions, shifting from blithe merriment to imperious boss-lady outbursts to turned-up-to-eleven distress.

by Anonymousreply 363November 10, 2020 3:08 AM

I laid $ down that hugh did it...but who knows, the one 4 sure thing is that keith urban surely does NOT crawl into bed with THAT every night ! he may wear wigs and hve work done too, but can do way better....

by Anonymousreply 364November 10, 2020 3:54 AM

Do Nicole and Keith have his and hers wig closets in their house?

by Anonymousreply 365November 10, 2020 4:24 AM

Kidman has never done an amazing American accent. She has varying degrees of "Nicole Kidman American" accent. I've just grown accustomed to it.

by Anonymousreply 366November 10, 2020 5:18 AM

Kidman is really gorgeous in real life when the camera doesn't amplify her flaws in close-up. At 6 feet tall, you don't look so much at her face when you're around her because the whole thing is impressive. To be fair, she was never much of an expressive actress and her face never moved too much, even in the days of Dead Calm. I think the repair work she's had can be so distracting you end up feeling her face is paralyzed in the same position all the time but it isn't. She also seems to be hyperconscious of how she looks, never letting herself look too out of shape or undone. When she falls apart, she does the way old stars used to - glamorously. That takes me out of the story, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 367November 10, 2020 6:44 AM

Your being nice, Kidman has the charisma of a hooker on junk.

by Anonymousreply 368November 10, 2020 6:54 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369November 10, 2020 7:06 AM

R367. Good comments. But, she really broke down and ugly cried in Rabbit Hole. So, she definitely has it in her.

by Anonymousreply 370November 10, 2020 7:35 AM

Kidman's character did it.

She has dissociative identity disorder.

Or she has a twin.

We'll see her descend into madness blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 371November 10, 2020 8:08 AM

keith had a complete face and brow lift. theyr surgery junkies?

by Anonymousreply 372November 10, 2020 8:22 AM

Theyr the jokes of the industry. They put the F in Fake.

by Anonymousreply 373November 10, 2020 8:34 AM

That's an interesting theory R371.

Grace has flashbacks of the murders, how could she do that if she was not there? She is definitely an unreliable narrator. It seems they want the viewer to think she did it, which makes us think it is too obvious or is it a bluff, where we think it's not her because it is too obvious? I thought the title infers that this is the undoing of the life Grace thought she had but I read somewhere that 'undoing' is a psychological term which is "a defence mechanism in which a person tries to cancel out or remove an unhealthy, destructive or otherwise threatening thought or action by engaging in contrary behavior. For example, after thinking about being violent with someone, one would then be overly nice or accommodating to them." Grace was very welcoming to Elena, even slightly sexual towards her, was this to compensate for her murderous thoughts? Do you think maybe she ended up sleeping with Elena that night, also?

I'm also leaning towards Sylvia, the glances between her and Johnathan were suspicious. Also the fact Johnathan asked her, Grace's friend, for legal advice and she never mentioned it, even though she said it was due to client confidentiality, I think it's an odd choice to make. Or maybe it's a red herring.

by Anonymousreply 374November 10, 2020 9:05 AM

No way it was Grace's father. He looks so old and frail. It's not easy to bludgeon someone to death. Too physical. I suspect Elena's husband.

And why has no one from Elena's family come to claim the baby? She's not his? He may harm her because she's a reminder of Elena's affair?

by Anonymousreply 375November 10, 2020 9:49 AM

How does a poor woman like Elena have an art studio? And she was a sculptor, of all things? Only very rich people can afford such an indulgent career. Sculptors are hobbyists for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 376November 10, 2020 9:54 AM

Lily Rabe and Hugh Grant were in on it together

by Anonymousreply 377November 10, 2020 9:55 AM

[quote] Kidman is really gorgeous in real life when the camera doesn't amplify her flaws in close-up. At 6 feet tall, you don't look so much at her face when you're around her because the whole thing is impressive.

Only with heels. Cruise said she was 6 feet to make him seem less short. She’s like 5’9”. I have been next to her in bare feet at the Greenwich baths with her nieces.

by Anonymousreply 378November 10, 2020 10:01 AM

tell us more... what her face like???

by Anonymousreply 379November 10, 2020 10:04 AM

Maybe I’m spoiled by “Law & Order” and their cast of actual New York actors. There’s hardly an authentic American accent in this thing. The public defender, the prosecuting attorney both have the oddest accents. She sounds like she’s stifling an Irish brogue. I can’t figure his out, but it’s bad. He doesn’t sound like a hardboiled NYC Jewish public defender. Says things like “that I seen on TV” and then enunciates “of” in “kind of”.

Sorry, accents matter.

by Anonymousreply 380November 10, 2020 11:28 AM

I used to see her on the street a lot in the 90s. On screen then, she was gorgeous, but in life she was so frail looking that it distracted from her looks.

A straight friend said, she looked like a Giacometti come to life, fascinating to look at but scary to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 381November 10, 2020 11:55 AM

In all seriousness, do American actors get annoyed by this kind of casting?

Don't pull that Hawaiian shit, Nicole. The main cast consists of an Australian, a Canadian, a Dane, a Venezuelan, an Italian and at least 4 Brits.

For for the Americans, the only parts of significance are played by a Puerto Rican, Lily Rabe and that donkey looking woman from The West Wing.

by Anonymousreply 382November 10, 2020 11:59 AM

i saw julianne moore in the village, pretty but meh....

by Anonymousreply 383November 10, 2020 11:59 AM

I find her very odd looking, especially the way she hold her mouth and then the flaps around her ears when her hair blows...weird.

by Anonymousreply 384November 10, 2020 12:02 PM

I never really thought that Hugh was attractive at all. And it’s been said that he has horrendous breath.

Nowadays he resembles a shar pei.

by Anonymousreply 385November 10, 2020 12:30 PM

Jeez, I wish I looked like Hugh Grant. I was actually surprised at how good he looks in this, after looking so terrible in that recent UK series. As to the Public Defender, he was played by Douglas Hodge, a well known Brit actor who played the lead in La Cage on Bway a couple of years ago. Not a fan and boy, his accent was horrendous. It gets me so mad that they didn't use American's for so many of the roles. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 386November 10, 2020 12:51 PM

What recent uk series?

by Anonymousreply 387November 10, 2020 1:30 PM

People in NY, rich or poor, wear gloves and coats with hoods in the cold weather. Rich people can afford the nicest, warmest coats. And they're always black. No way would she be walking around in that flimsy blanket-looking waist coat. She'd have a black coat with a large fur-lined hood to block out that wind.

UNREALISTIC!

by Anonymousreply 388November 10, 2020 2:11 PM

One detail that always bugs me in TV shows and movies is when they show characters in NYC winter wearing coats but no scarves.

by Anonymousreply 389November 10, 2020 2:13 PM

I was hoping the widower would leave the baby in Nicole’s house.

And there was an uncomfortable moment when Nicole’s actual son got into bed with her and it looked like they were about to kiss.

by Anonymousreply 390November 11, 2020 12:00 AM

R389 One detail that always bugs me in TV shows and movies is when they show characters in NYC winter wearing coats but no scarves.

Scarves block the acting. They're an inconvenient costume.

by Anonymousreply 391November 11, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote] He doesn’t sound like a hardboiled NYC Jewish public defender.

Noticed that guy immediately.

Just hire a NY actor, for God’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 392November 11, 2020 12:47 AM

The reason actors from other countries are hired is that these are all international co-productions and they HAVE to hire actors and some crews from those countries in order to get the money.

by Anonymousreply 393November 11, 2020 12:55 AM

I thought I was the only one that noticed the creepy incest vibe from Grace when she was in bed with the son. She looked at him with lust.

by Anonymousreply 394November 11, 2020 2:21 AM

I can't believe that a wife, if she ever loved the Hugh Grant character, would not want to at least discuss taking the baby if the widower wants her to. It's her son's half-sister. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 395November 11, 2020 2:25 AM

Why would she want to raise the product of his affair? The baby isn’t her problem.

by Anonymousreply 396November 11, 2020 3:22 AM

In all, more holes in this script than a pair of tyra bank's skanky underwear....

by Anonymousreply 397November 11, 2020 4:28 AM

You bitches are merciless, lol. The comments on this thread and the other “The Undoing “ thread regarding Kidman have ROLLING. :sigh: I needed that.

by Anonymousreply 398November 11, 2020 4:49 AM

Weird that Hbo puts such a piece of shit on its service.....weak.

by Anonymousreply 399November 11, 2020 5:17 AM

Why is their son so ethnic-looking? Was he adopted?

by Anonymousreply 400November 11, 2020 5:22 AM

R381 - A close friend went to a dinner party in the mid-aughts and Nicole Kidman was another one of the guests. This friend (straight, male) made a very similar comment - that she was attractive and pretty but came across as totally nonsexual. Apparently she also had a bit of an actress-y/attention whore-ish vibe.

by Anonymousreply 401November 11, 2020 6:13 AM

twas rumored in years gone by she was full on or part time lesbian.... that could explain her marriage to tommy.

by Anonymousreply 402November 11, 2020 6:24 AM

Why would she want to raise the product of his affair? The baby isn’t her problem.

R396 Why, Kay Francis did. And she even delivered the baby. And then she had the good sense to not tell her husband it was his baby. And the mistress, why she had the good taste to kill herself so the baby would be raised with dignity. Those were the good old times...

by Anonymousreply 403November 11, 2020 6:53 AM

It needs to put the wig in the basket...

by Anonymousreply 404November 11, 2020 7:22 AM

Fuck you. I don't want it.

by Anonymousreply 405November 11, 2020 8:06 AM

R405 🤣!

by Anonymousreply 406November 11, 2020 8:15 AM

.........it puts the lotion on the wig....

by Anonymousreply 407November 11, 2020 8:20 AM

[quote]If you want to know who I think did it google who Barbara Sabich is.

If they ripped that off... lame.

by Anonymousreply 408November 11, 2020 8:42 AM

^Idiot writers fucked up the ending of that movie HUGE. Barbara Sabich plots and executes the perfect crime and then leaves the bloody, blond hair covered murder weapon in the family tool box. FFS she doesn't even bother to wash it off. Yeah, that's believable.

by Anonymousreply 409November 11, 2020 9:13 AM

vegas odds put hugh grant as yes the killer.

Book was ok, but man this movie has the suspense of a hardy boy book.

by Anonymousreply 410November 11, 2020 11:13 AM

The twist comes at the end of the fifth episode, apparently. The way things are going it's probably just a new coat in a color she hasn't worn before.

by Anonymousreply 411November 11, 2020 11:21 AM

Nicole looks like she's hopelessly wandering around a Renaissance fair looking for her spinning wheel or a blacksmith.

by Anonymousreply 412November 11, 2020 12:31 PM

I swear if she busts out a mustard yellow coat I will SCREAM.

by Anonymousreply 413November 11, 2020 1:22 PM

Surely Edgar Ramirez will get a hot sex scene in the next episode with someone? Why else would he sign on for this nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 414November 11, 2020 2:00 PM

So many good actresses around, why Kidman??? course she is a producer and she has clout, it all began when she married Tommie. pitiful... mystery tho as her work by and large are flops

by Anonymousreply 415November 11, 2020 2:45 PM

I loved at the end of the last episode when they showed the clip of her wandering the streets near the murder site in her high heels with her flowing curly tendrils and her couture party gown streaming behind her on closed-circuit TV. I expected Edgar Ramirez to say, "Didn't you look FABULOUS?"

by Anonymousreply 416November 11, 2020 2:49 PM

[quote] For for the Americans, the only parts of significance are played by a Puerto Rican...

"Ugh! Not a Puerto Rican!"

by Anonymousreply 417November 11, 2020 2:52 PM

R416, you're hilarious 🤣

I hate myself for loving this show, but I do. The performances are good enough to keep me engaged, but there are enough laughable choices on the production side that I enjoy hate watching as well.

Side note: Edgar Ramirez was cast too well in American Crime Story: Gianni Versace. I keep seeing Versace with hair.

by Anonymousreply 418November 11, 2020 2:56 PM

Poor Nicole thinks she still a big shot model for Chanel.....wandering thru the streets in ugly expensive outfits is what they pay her for...its about the costumes, not the story....she disgusts true actors.

by Anonymousreply 419November 11, 2020 3:01 PM

^Well that certainly worked for me well past my sell by date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420November 11, 2020 4:20 PM

You bitches are a tough room for Nicole Kidman, and I am here for it!

by Anonymousreply 421November 11, 2020 4:33 PM

no shit, fun thread: good stuff...keep the grins cumin....kidman and urban, the butt of 2020 and beyond..

by Anonymousreply 422November 11, 2020 4:45 PM

Even rich white ladies on the UES will walk around in jeans and a regular coat when they're wandering the streets late at night. They don't get all dolled up all the time.

by Anonymousreply 423November 11, 2020 4:53 PM

That was the mistake with that green velvet coat, which I think is quite beautiful. It should have been reserved for the benefit cocktail party, not used as her everyday coat. Didn't she even wear it to the prison??

I can't believe they're going to stretch this out for three more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 424November 11, 2020 5:18 PM

The wig and the coat are the real stars of this show.

They should get a spin-off series.

by Anonymousreply 425November 11, 2020 5:36 PM

An interview with the costume designer:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426November 11, 2020 5:56 PM

kidman insists on keepin all her costumes from her movies......greedy

by Anonymousreply 427November 11, 2020 6:15 PM

I want to see Kidman go full Phil Spector and wear a different insane looking wig in each episode.

by Anonymousreply 428November 11, 2020 6:21 PM

r380 - Commonwealth actors with horrible "American" accents is at an all-time high. Directors and casting directors are too polite to these actors to work on it. Ewan McGregor in "Doctor Sleep" had the worst accent, too.

by Anonymousreply 429November 11, 2020 6:27 PM

seen Urban's most recent face/brow lift? his forehead real big now, he looks tardo...

by Anonymousreply 430November 11, 2020 7:05 PM

[quote]kidman insists on keepin all her costumes from her movies......greedy

They ALL do that. Believe me.

by Anonymousreply 431November 11, 2020 7:10 PM

I knew the black lady attorney was British as soon as she opened her mouth. She sounds like she's trying to hide her accent.

None of the foreigners sound like actual New Yorkers, they're trying WAY too hard.

by Anonymousreply 432November 11, 2020 7:11 PM

Do het men really find her pushed-in Persian cat features attractive?

by Anonymousreply 433November 11, 2020 7:41 PM

Kidman looks as if she is being “pulled” from the inside.

by Anonymousreply 434November 11, 2020 7:43 PM

Here’s my beef with Nicole’s costumes: they are the same weird outfits she wore in Big Little Lies. It’s like, she likes those bizarre clothes and the costumer has to put her in them, regardless of whether her character would really wear them.

by Anonymousreply 435November 11, 2020 7:46 PM

R387, the poster must have been referring to Grant’s role in that miniseries as a UK politician in the 1960s who ordered a hit on his bf. It was called A Very British Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 436November 11, 2020 8:13 PM

Why, in the second episode, did they have Grace go “Oh, Henry! You scared me!” TWICE?

by Anonymousreply 437November 11, 2020 8:14 PM

Speaking of A very English scandal, Grant was quite good in the role. But I couldn't for the life of me understand why he didn't just give Ben Whishaws character the work ID or whatever it was that he kept requesting. Perhaps I missed something.

by Anonymousreply 438November 11, 2020 8:55 PM

I could never see a therapist with that hair. All I would be able to think about was how often she washed it. Looks ratty

by Anonymousreply 439November 11, 2020 9:26 PM

Who should get the actor's costumes after the shoot if not the actor? There's no costume stock to add them to. And if nothing else, it's a nice gesture by the producers that doesn't cost them anything.

by Anonymousreply 440November 11, 2020 10:37 PM

Hugh evidently does not have good “elder genes.”

by Anonymousreply 441November 11, 2020 10:40 PM

Actors taking their wardrobe home after a shoot is as old as Hollywood itself. Marlene Dietrich's daughter wrote in her book that Marlene would take EVERYTHING that wasn't nailed down.

by Anonymousreply 442November 11, 2020 10:42 PM

The costume designer should be shot alongside hair and makeup. Just ghastly.

And Nicole has been in America for almost 40 years now, she really can’t put on an American accent? Huh? Dreadful show so far. Not holding my breath for it to get better.

Edgar Ramirez is sexy but I need subtitles when he talks. He does that weird shit where he whispers a lot and with his heavy accent it’s inaudible.

by Anonymousreply 443November 11, 2020 10:45 PM

What's strange about her wardrobe and styling is that through all of this, her husband has been accused of murder and has an infant out of wedlock. Grace looks the same as always. You'd think she'd be at least a little disheveled.

by Anonymousreply 444November 11, 2020 11:40 PM

So the wardrobe designer as good as admitted she has no clue how an Upper East Side scion with mildly bohemian tastes would dress and has outfitted her like a Scandinavian white witch.

by Anonymousreply 445November 11, 2020 11:59 PM

r445, what the costume designer actually said was that she was not a native New Yorker and so viewed her research (observing real New Yorkers) from a foreign perspective. Which I think is an interesting and fresh point of view.

by Anonymousreply 446November 12, 2020 12:13 AM

Or they could have hired a, you know, New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 447November 12, 2020 12:15 AM

With all the NY-based costume designers, they couldn't find just one who knew what an UES rich lady would really look like?

by Anonymousreply 448November 12, 2020 12:26 AM

R440, yes there is indeed costume stock. The studios and some production companies have them. Or they store the costumes till after post-production (in case there are reshoots) and sell them to a stock house.

If any inventoried items are missing, the production may get charged for them but the studio or whoever paid for the project.

And if there are any reshoots, no one will be happy.

by Anonymousreply 449November 12, 2020 12:37 AM

r449, that may be true for many big studio films but cable TV including HBO doesn't have or even want the storage space. I work in set decoration on films and TV and we're always told to sell or give away any props. Same with costumes. it isn't worth the trouble. There are no reshoots on HBO, I've done several films for them.

by Anonymousreply 450November 12, 2020 12:52 AM

I thought Big Little Lies Season 2 had reshoots.

by Anonymousreply 451November 12, 2020 1:01 AM

[quote] Grace has flashbacks of the murders, how could she do that if she was not there?

It's not that uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 452November 12, 2020 9:07 AM

Based on the number of replies I figured this show was really good since it's only three episodes in. But of course 3/4 are about Nicole's wigs and bad plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 453November 12, 2020 9:09 AM

[quote] what the costume designer actually said was that she was not a native New Yorker and so viewed her research (observing real New Yorkers) from a foreign perspective. Which I think is an interesting and fresh point of view.

Which she clearly didn’t do, because her costuming is a laughingstock

by Anonymousreply 454November 12, 2020 9:47 AM

I like Grant. He looks a bit smoother in this interview, I'm not sure if there was a filter was used or he had a small tweak but either way, not bad for 60. I would!

There's a clip from the next episode and also Colbert asks if he's guilty, for those who don't like spoilers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455November 12, 2020 10:17 AM

since the plot is so sketchy and thin, they made her wig and clothes tacky so we watch to laff at her in them...

the wig alone , ratty as it is, is worth the price of admission, she looks yes like the white witch of lost rock n roll grooupies...

by Anonymousreply 456November 12, 2020 10:22 AM

I sort of dislike Nicole in theory but I’ll be damned if I don’t enjoy her performances, every single time.

by Anonymousreply 457November 12, 2020 10:24 AM

Aging is fucking cruel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458November 12, 2020 10:31 AM

When very wealthy women are the type to dress that way, they live downtown and send their kids to expensive progressive schools. The women who live on E 63rd and send their kids to that kind of school (with uniforms) are more traditional, and don’t have wild flowing red hair.

by Anonymousreply 459November 12, 2020 10:48 AM

[quote] What's strange about her wardrobe and styling is that through all of this, her husband has been accused of murder and has an infant out of wedlock. Grace looks the same as always. You think she'd be at least a little disheveled.

Realistically she would have broken out the Lululemon and a Stella McCartney for Adidas fleece, at least at home.

by Anonymousreply 460November 12, 2020 10:52 AM

The bit that cracked me up was the suede skirt and most specifically the 10 denier black hose at the Frick.

If ever a situation called for a dark pants suit and chunky cashmere knits...

by Anonymousreply 461November 12, 2020 10:55 AM

she a dyke, gots no fashion sense, get real....

by Anonymousreply 462November 12, 2020 11:07 AM

The Undoing of a Thread

by Anonymousreply 463November 12, 2020 7:44 PM

This should have been called The Wigging Out of Grace Fraser.

by Anonymousreply 464November 13, 2020 5:22 PM

I can't stop staring at her Jokeresque mouth. It's fucking distracting.

by Anonymousreply 465November 13, 2020 7:56 PM

You bitches are too much, lol.

by Anonymousreply 466November 13, 2020 11:35 PM

omg cant u see her at home with that naggy voice giving keith hell...poor guy

by Anonymousreply 467November 14, 2020 9:00 AM

There’s a subreddit about this show where people are butthurt that others talk about her joker face.

Are we not supposed to mention it?

by Anonymousreply 468November 14, 2020 10:25 PM

Nicole's hometown celebrated her new face and old hairdo with a mural. It's there for a full three days before they turn it into something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469November 14, 2020 11:44 PM

bigger wig !!! cover her face so the joker vibes not infect us.....(poor keith...omg

by Anonymousreply 470November 15, 2020 11:32 AM

New episode tonight, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 471November 15, 2020 3:05 PM

R438, Scandalis based in real life events, including the ID thing. I read the book and it does not make much sense but that was what happened. Sometimes real life does mot have to be as rational as fiction.

As for The Undoing, though not spectacular i rather like it, it has the vibe of the 80s and 90s sexy thrillers, And I like Kidman as an. Actress, unpopular as that may be.

by Anonymousreply 472November 15, 2020 3:12 PM

I love hate watching this show. It’s not very good or believable but it’s very fun to criticize.

by Anonymousreply 473November 15, 2020 3:12 PM

R473, same reason I love it. I love poking holes in the plot. And it’s got the right blend of Tasteful Friends and wardrobe non-sequitirs that made me enjoy Big Little Lies.

by Anonymousreply 474November 15, 2020 4:33 PM

the cops are so unbelievable. They are so NOT new york.

by Anonymousreply 475November 15, 2020 4:42 PM

Edgar Ramirez looks like Jeremy Sisto on L&O.

by Anonymousreply 476November 15, 2020 4:44 PM

^^^with better grooming and styling

by Anonymousreply 477November 15, 2020 4:45 PM

Just keep the wig and threads commentary coming, girls. I could care less about watching this (I don’t even know what channel it’s on), but I WILL continue popping into this thread for the laughs.

by Anonymousreply 478November 15, 2020 4:49 PM

Is this show filmed on the UK? There are a lot of bad American accents featured. The worst was the public defender who originally represented Hugh's character.

by Anonymousreply 479November 15, 2020 5:03 PM

I love hating it too. Writing sucks but the director is doing the best he can with it. So many holes and inconsistencies. The outdoor shots are NYC but those of us who have lived there know some of the cuts don't make sense. There's no reason she would be crossing Park Ave from the park. She wouldn't have been on that side of the street from where she was walking. Asking again, has it been disclosed what Sutherland's character did for a living to afford a dozens of million dollars apartment? What time tonight will it air?

by Anonymousreply 480November 15, 2020 5:09 PM

10 PM every Sunday night.

I assume Donald Sutherland's character came from old money. He's probably made more through solid investments.

by Anonymousreply 481November 15, 2020 6:12 PM

The show is on at 9PM on Sundays, not 10.

by Anonymousreply 482November 15, 2020 6:16 PM

^6PM West Coast, actually.

by Anonymousreply 483November 15, 2020 7:03 PM

It also makes no sense why they walk the kid to school thru the park. They live off 5th and the school is off park ave.

Not a lot of care for details went on when they filmed this.

by Anonymousreply 484November 15, 2020 7:08 PM

R480, the director is female.

R479, it was completely shot in the NYC area.

by Anonymousreply 485November 15, 2020 8:04 PM

Susanne Bier. A very solid director. But given how Nicole Kidman threw the excellent Andrea Arnold under the bus with Big Little Lies Season 2, I don't hold out much hope for future collaborations.

by Anonymousreply 486November 15, 2020 8:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487November 15, 2020 8:31 PM

I hope Grace spends tonight's episode in a 90s era Biggie Smalls-esque fur pimp jacket. Just go all out and DARE anyone to say anything. I mean she's a pariah anyways. Might as well indulge in her love of hideous coats.

by Anonymousreply 488November 15, 2020 8:35 PM

R486: You just reminded me of something that pisses me off about Nicole and Reese Witherspoon. They were among the most vocal in calling for better treatment of women during the Times Up #metoo movement. However, while they made a big show of bringing in Andrea Arnold for season 2 of Big Little Lies, they were instrumental in treating her like absolute shit. They threw a woman under the bus and butchered her creative vision all because they felt Jean-Marc Vallée could get them ratings and awards. They never fought for her and went behind her back to sabatoge her career.

by Anonymousreply 489November 15, 2020 9:33 PM

Most of the series was filmed in Toronto will only the necessary tracking shots in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 490November 15, 2020 10:35 PM

Edgar Ramirez's accent sounds like he's just finished a six-week ESOL course. Truly inexplicable why they would hire him for that role when there are thousands of American Latino actors who would LOVE to play a NYC detective and would sound 200 percent more authentic. He just sounds awful. My boyfriend and I laugh through all his dialogue. My boyfriend is half-Cuban/half-WASP.

by Anonymousreply 491November 16, 2020 12:08 AM

I swear to God after Covid I am going to finish my 10+ screenplays and become a producer and just say:

"For the LOVE OF GOD, if you cannot do a legit 'American' accent and you're supposed to be an 'Americqn' in the story, your audition is going to end after 20 seconds."

I am so sick of British people getting away with these horrid accents, especially African Brits doing "Blaccents." Truly offensive.

by Anonymousreply 492November 16, 2020 12:15 AM

[quote]Most of the series was filmed in Toronto will only the necessary tracking shots in NYC.

Makes sense considering that beach with the weird round boulders

by Anonymousreply 493November 16, 2020 12:18 AM

"I'm an old fashioned cork sucker"

Shit, even Sutherland can't do an American accent.

by Anonymousreply 494November 16, 2020 1:30 AM

48 minute episode, lame.

by Anonymousreply 495November 16, 2020 1:54 AM

Pointedly didn't tell us the name of the other woman Jonathan cheated with. Has to be Lily Rabe's character.

by Anonymousreply 496November 16, 2020 1:55 AM

That’s absolutely incorrect, R490. I worked on the crew for this project and we shot from February to June 2019 in New York. Nowhere else. Thank god the days of projects shooting a few days in NY and the rest in fucking Toronto are long gone thanks to the tax break and increasing studio space.

I had to chuckle during the opening scene of tonighf’s episode with Grace and Haley. Nicole’s longtime dialect coach Liz Himelstein must have been detained at hot yoga the day this was shot. Nicole’s Aussie accent is particularly prominent.

by Anonymousreply 497November 16, 2020 1:57 AM

I couldn't stop giggling at the sudden reveal of the DeviantArt style portrait of Grace.

by Anonymousreply 498November 16, 2020 1:59 AM

Same. It looked like they googled “Nicole Kidman fan art” and picked the first one that came up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499November 16, 2020 2:04 AM

Her mouth is killing me.

by Anonymousreply 500November 16, 2020 2:10 AM

She’s also looking too much like Sean Evans in drag

by Anonymousreply 501November 16, 2020 2:14 AM

Fainting scene in the Oscar the Grouch coat!!

by Anonymousreply 502November 16, 2020 2:15 AM

The defense lawyer is supposed to be British, right? She's not even trying to hide her accent.

by Anonymousreply 503November 16, 2020 2:17 AM

So, is Elena going to turn out to be a secret half-sister that Nicole Kidman's character didn't know about?

by Anonymousreply 504November 16, 2020 2:37 AM

It's pretty obvious that Janel Maloney's character did it, just to get more air time...

by Anonymousreply 505November 16, 2020 2:46 AM

This may have been the most boring episode to date.

None of it makes any sense.

by Anonymousreply 506November 16, 2020 2:55 AM

So...it's almost looking as if Hugh grants character is going to throw his wife under the bus and accuse her. Lmao what a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 507November 16, 2020 3:04 AM

Sounds like the book is much better than the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508November 16, 2020 3:08 AM

I loved Graces' Hugh Hefner red velvet bathrobe coat. Keep those fug coats coming Grace!

by Anonymousreply 509November 16, 2020 3:09 AM

Why are these fabulously wealthy people living in dungeons? A sign of wealth in NYC is sunshine. The more money you have to spend on your abode, the sunnier it is. These supposedly rich people are living in homes that are dark even when all the lights are on in the daytime.

by Anonymousreply 510November 16, 2020 3:15 AM

r503 Muck you!!

by Anonymousreply 511November 16, 2020 3:20 AM

Connie Chung! hahaha

by Anonymousreply 512November 16, 2020 3:28 AM

Why would Elena's husband let Jonathan into the apartment, let alone allow him near Miguel or hold a helpless infant? Jonathan is accused of a savage murder.

Either the husband did it or he knows Jonathan didn't.

What a strange show.

by Anonymousreply 513November 16, 2020 3:35 AM

“The following presentation is an HBO production set in America, where all the Americans are played by non-Americans. Accentual guidance is suggested.”

by Anonymousreply 514November 16, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote] I worked on the crew for this project and we shot from February to June 2019 in New York. Nowhere else.

We were in lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 515November 16, 2020 3:50 AM

......and the costumes were designed by a non-New Yorker who didn't do her research!!!

by Anonymousreply 516November 16, 2020 3:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517November 16, 2020 3:57 AM

Sorry,,meant Shaun Evans, not Sean Evans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518November 16, 2020 4:01 AM

Is " I'm a good old fashioned cock sucker " the new " Do you know who my father is ?". That was one of the most forced and awkward lines I've ever seen from an actor. I really thought that Sutherland's character was about to offer him a blowjob in exchange keeping whatshisname at the school. As a threat it sort of fell flat.

by Anonymousreply 519November 16, 2020 4:22 AM

Nicole looks different

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520November 16, 2020 4:39 AM

Having worked in the biz, im flabbergasted that they let her wear this hideous joke provoking wig in the movie....its ungodly. Kidman must have picked and insisted on the wig and the hideous coats.....QUEEN OF BAD TASTE....she is a bit of a joke round town..

by Anonymousreply 521November 16, 2020 9:10 AM

Its better with the sound off, the dialogue is beyond banal....a new low in Grant and Kidmans career. Painful to see the great Donald Sutherland in this crap.

Found a BBC series called The Capture with Callum Turner, real suspenseful....unlike the UN Dew Ing. anyone seen it? a nail biter! and Callum is a hum dinger..

by Anonymousreply 522November 16, 2020 9:27 AM

Did she sue her doctor for that mangled nose job? A few of the camera shots straight on showed the irregular nostrils...mus be a bummer for her.

by Anonymousreply 523November 16, 2020 9:51 AM

Lmfao!

by Anonymousreply 524November 16, 2020 9:54 AM

I love you bitches so much. The way some of you have dragged Kidman through this thread like a rag doll has had me laughing my ass off at my phone and at my wall for the past 5 minutes.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 525November 16, 2020 9:57 AM

maybe her character has a wool allergy.

by Anonymousreply 526November 16, 2020 9:59 AM

Green and chartreuse is in Vogue. The 90's are back. Dark walls are back. I do like this take on film noir. Show is good, lots of red herrings, but the show is moving forward.

What the fuck are you bitches watching? This show is good.

by Anonymousreply 527November 16, 2020 10:04 AM

Its moving forward with the zest and zeal of a whale on xanax.....where is the suspense in this soap opera???? Its like a few actors in search of a script....wtf??? must have been a mess to film, storyline is paper thin.

by Anonymousreply 528November 16, 2020 10:11 AM

Her character is a high-end hippie marital therapist. A caftan would be something this profession would wear. Nicole's character has more money, so goes designer boho.

by Anonymousreply 529November 16, 2020 10:12 AM

[quote] Its moving forward with the zest and zeal of a whale on xanax

omfg - lmfao. I swear, I would suck your cock so deep right now for this delectable bit of wit.

by Anonymousreply 530November 16, 2020 10:14 AM

thank u, LOL its a great show to hate ....enjoy her wiggyness....

by Anonymousreply 531November 16, 2020 10:57 AM

You guys kill me!

As for this week's episode, we saw menacing Donald with his "I'm a cocksucker" declaration and threats about going after those who hurt the people he lives. Obviously, another set-up for us to wonder if he is the murderer.

It could be anyone at this point, even the wig itself. Maybe it broke free from Nicole's head and killed Elena because her hair was nicer.

by Anonymousreply 532November 16, 2020 11:02 AM

a famous film maker is so repulsed by this show, he is making a short film spoof called WIG, that will be on u tube...good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 533November 16, 2020 11:05 AM

[quote] It could be anyone at this point, even the wig itself. Maybe it broke free from Nicole's head

🤣😂🤣😂

by Anonymousreply 534November 16, 2020 11:06 AM

R532 It skittered across her skull.

by Anonymousreply 535November 16, 2020 11:14 AM

Now you girl need to behave. I will have you know that there are some deeply offended fans on this thread who find this show riveting, enthralling, and heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 536November 16, 2020 11:18 AM

*girls

by Anonymousreply 537November 16, 2020 11:19 AM

the wig malevolently crawls from her skull onto the sleepiing head of her son and he awakes WOKE TRANS BOOGIE ON BRO

by Anonymousreply 538November 16, 2020 12:20 PM

r522, where can we watch The Capture?

by Anonymousreply 539November 16, 2020 12:23 PM

I was embarrassed for Donald Sutherland.. I guess in Bizarro world, rich people talk like that to the heads of elite private schools. The actress playing the lawyer is horrible. So many better American actresses would have nailed that part.

by Anonymousreply 540November 16, 2020 12:34 PM

Hey, R515, reading is fundamental. We shot this from February to June 2019, not 2020.

Here’s Nicole on an Aussie TV show saying how she loved shooting this in NY because it reunited her with crew she’s worked with over the years, including the sound guy from Billy Bathgate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541November 16, 2020 12:41 PM

And in the link she also talks about her Undoing hair, which is the first time in years her naturak red curls have been on camera, heh heh.

by Anonymousreply 542November 16, 2020 12:52 PM

Does it peel the rat off its scalp as part of the big reveal?

by Anonymousreply 543November 16, 2020 1:08 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 544November 16, 2020 1:25 PM

This show makes some odd choices, the wig, the coats, the dark apartment, Grace's father's office hours at the museum....

by Anonymousreply 545November 16, 2020 2:35 PM

Not only is her nose job, her pumped frenulum, her hair & her bizarre choice of outerwear disturbing, but her *skin.* There isn’t a mark upon it. Not a wrinkle, not a sag, not a pore, not a freckle. It’s creepy, like Jared Kushner & The Boy

PS - I’d like to live in the NYC tha5 Grace lives in because the wind is always blowing in the direction that sweeps her hair away from her face. IRL, the wind blows in 4 directions and half the time it blows your hair into your eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546November 16, 2020 2:47 PM

This is how you stretch a series to 6 needless episodes with bad dialogue:

Police: We're here to ask you some questions.

Response: Do you need to ask me any more questions?

Attorney: Did you ever cheat on your wife before?

Response: You're asking me if I ever cheated before?

by Anonymousreply 547November 16, 2020 5:03 PM

Cont’d

“He was here! You don’t believe me! He put his hand over my mouth so I couldn’t scream!”

“Tell us exactly what he did, ma’am.”

“He put his hand over my mouth! He told me not to scream. But I couldn’t scream because his hand was over my mouth!”

by Anonymousreply 548November 16, 2020 5:47 PM

I'm simultaneously charmed by Donald Sutherland and deeply suspicious of him.

by Anonymousreply 549November 16, 2020 5:53 PM

When the kid was in the principal/headmaster/whatever he was’ office I thought he did it. Either him or Elena’s kid

by Anonymousreply 550November 16, 2020 6:16 PM

I think the blonde friend did it.

by Anonymousreply 551November 16, 2020 6:21 PM

The Hayley character seems a bit too moralistic and judgemental for a hard charging and successful defense attorney. I suspect the problem is the writing rather than the actress. And can producers stop with this trend of giving adults age innapropriate names. I can see the lawyer being named something like Elizabeth or Sheila or Nancy but Hayley? That's a sorority girls name.

by Anonymousreply 552November 16, 2020 6:36 PM

It’s definitely Lily Rabe’s character. Pretty obvious with all the “jealousy” talk and Hugh’s character saying he had another affair but not saying who it was with. It was with her.

This show is pretty bad. Lazy writing, lazy directing, and no one bothered to even try to have an American accent, let alone actually bother to act like New Yorkers. The scene where hugh’s character went to the apartment of the dead lady’s husband, and holding the baby, was ridiculous. Like something you’d see in a college freshman’s film school project.

by Anonymousreply 553November 16, 2020 6:40 PM

Why was OP greyed out? Pissed off HBO shills?

by Anonymousreply 554November 16, 2020 7:10 PM

Elena looks French & Italian, mostly Italian. She doesn’t look at all like a Hispanic American.

The detective has the worst Hispanic accent since Freddie Prinz tried to project “Mexican” in Chico & the Man.

by Anonymousreply 555November 16, 2020 7:19 PM

The two cops are the most unlike NYPD officers that I’ve ever seen in a TV show. What an insult to the city of New York this show is. The only person I can see living on the UES is Lily Rabe’s character.

by Anonymousreply 556November 16, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote]She doesn’t look at all like a Hispanic American.

When they couldn't find the right Estonian actress for the role they had to resort to an Italian.

by Anonymousreply 557November 16, 2020 8:07 PM

Well fuck my free trial is up. Someone on here is clever enough to tell me how to watch it without paying....

by Anonymousreply 558November 16, 2020 8:12 PM

R547 / R548 Are you serious? omg. I can’t!

by Anonymousreply 559November 16, 2020 8:12 PM

what happend to the other thread/

mrs keith urban have it shut down/

go sleep with ur wig ya old septagenarian....

by Anonymousreply 560November 16, 2020 8:52 PM

the people who do no like this show are nancy grace and judge judy fans. They are not into Film Noir.

by Anonymousreply 561November 16, 2020 8:57 PM

Wig Noir

by Anonymousreply 562November 16, 2020 9:04 PM

I wonder if this thread is greyed out because of Matt’s many manic posts. He has been shittting all over Datalounge lately.

by Anonymousreply 563November 16, 2020 9:08 PM

Matt is one of Kidman’s BIGGEST fans so I wouldn’t be surprised considering how she’s been dragged up and down this thread 😂

by Anonymousreply 564November 16, 2020 9:10 PM

i watched the capture on a odd site called putlocker..

by Anonymousreply 565November 16, 2020 9:15 PM

Hugh is doing a good job, IMO. That moment after Connie Chung asks him “do you have any idea who did it?” And his eyes flicker menacingly to the side. Oooh, I had to replay that. And the fake crying.

Kidman’s relegated to acting with her eyes, because her face isn’t moving. She’s good, but she’s not that good.

by Anonymousreply 566November 16, 2020 10:47 PM

My guess is Franklin did it. Though, we are missing a lot of information to make an educated guess still, the slow burn. Film Noir. This show is good.

I am thinking that Hugh's character is telling the truth. He cares about the boy with cancer, his patient. And does not hate the mother. Just did not want to leave his family for her. He cheats, but is not capable of murder. Just like the weird guy that nicole hired says.

by Anonymousreply 567November 16, 2020 10:54 PM

Kidman wandering into the park with the kids playing while looking like a fucking Wizard from the Legend of Zelda had me howling!

I love this stupid show.

by Anonymousreply 568November 16, 2020 11:10 PM

R568, you know the kids in the park had her number from the moment they laid eyes on her. “Some rich mom lady blissed out on Xanax. Turn her on her side; that’s what we do with my Aunt Kristin.”

by Anonymousreply 569November 16, 2020 11:22 PM

While watching the scene with Donald Sutherland and Lily Rabe, I wondered if he ever starred in a movie with her mom. Apparently, he played Jill Clayburgh's husband in Dirty Sexy Money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570November 16, 2020 11:40 PM

The 13 year old son did it!!!!

by Anonymousreply 571November 16, 2020 11:44 PM

^ I agree. I said it above. The Rabe character is another red herring.

by Anonymousreply 572November 16, 2020 11:51 PM

R571, I just finished watching the last episode and when the son was peering through the door, I thought, "He's the killer!" It's not outside the realm of possibility that a 13 year old kid could bludgeon someone to death.

I love hate-watching this beautiful, well-acted piece of shit. It has all the qualities of a great show, yet it comes up short on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 573November 17, 2020 12:01 AM

Is Grace's house a set on a soundstage? Same question for the Father's home.

by Anonymousreply 574November 17, 2020 12:15 AM

At the end of the weekly credits it always says "CANADA" and "MONTREAL"

The lettering is too small and it goes by too fast for me to read more, but why are those credits there if the series was entirely filmed in New YorK?

And ,honestly, why wouldn't there be more New York actors in the supporting roles?

by Anonymousreply 575November 17, 2020 12:51 AM

[quote]The beach house they fled to: which beach has gigantic boulders like that in the water?

This is the house they used. You can swipe through and see the boulders at photos 5 and 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576November 17, 2020 3:38 AM

And just to get DL all hot and bothered, here's bonus shot of Lens in front of the same rocks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577November 17, 2020 3:56 AM

Back when Lens was svelte and sane.

by Anonymousreply 578November 17, 2020 4:26 AM

The show is starting to come off a bit cheap. Every time Nic talks to her dad he’s staring at paintings in the same damn museum. How many phone calls to Lily Rabe have her in the middle of her daughters ballet class? The world gets tinier every week. What happened to all the catty moms from the first episode?

by Anonymousreply 579November 17, 2020 6:13 AM

Did anyone watch the first episode of the documentary Murder on Middle Beach that was on right after the latest episode of Undoing? THIS is a good show. Looks like the husband did it, but could be the women in her gifting group??? From the point of view of the hot son. There isn't a thread on this, so I'm thinking of starting one.

by Anonymousreply 580November 17, 2020 1:32 PM

R580 - thanks for the recommendation. Will watch it.

I'm on episode 3 and I think people are unduly harsh on Nicole. Her face is basically the same as it has ever been and her character is very different from her BLL character. She can emote wonderfully and has natural reactions to what she's going through. You want her to have huge, stage-y cardboard chewing line readings?

Her hair and costumes remind me of several NYC women I have known. Her, Hugh, and Rabe's acting is great. The photography and direction is great. The writing is very weak.

by Anonymousreply 581November 17, 2020 2:34 PM

R580, start a thread! It started out a bit slow, but Murder at Middle Beach sucked me in. I did think it was interesting that the cops implied the son could possibly be a suspect too.

Going back to The Undoing, I am enjoying the ride. I still can’t get over Nicole’s wig, but it takes me back to miniseries of yore - based on a book, biggish stars, plot holes, and DRAMA. This thread is icing.

by Anonymousreply 582November 17, 2020 2:51 PM

Link to Part 2 thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583November 17, 2020 2:59 PM

I guess maybe post-production was done in Canada but NOTHING was shot in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 584November 17, 2020 4:09 PM

Did they reveal the killer in the trailer? There is a quick moment of Grace and Henry, outside at night, with their heads pressed together. She whispers to him, "I'll fix this."

I saw this on another board, can't take credit for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585November 17, 2020 7:47 PM

The scene in question is at ~:59 in that video.

by Anonymousreply 586November 17, 2020 7:54 PM

Other snippets from the trailer and teaser videos: there is a distant shot of what appears to be Franklin and Grace (wearing a hideous lime green dress) approaching a helicopter. This helicopter is later seen flying over a few police SUVs on a country road. Last shot of the trailer is Grace (in the lime green dress), screaming as she runs in front of cops across a rusty bridge toward someone. Earlier in the trailer there is a profile shot of Jonathan on what appears to be the same rusty bridge.

I think Grace is running towards Henry. In the very first episode, Henry asks Jonathan to take him on a trip, just the two of them, which Jonathan promises to do. I think they head upstate at some point, maybe after Jonathan is acquitted, and the police figure out that Henry is the real killer and go after them.

Or Jonathan escapes prison and it's him that Grace is running toward. However it seems more likely that she would be screaming like that for her kid, not her unfaithful husband.

by Anonymousreply 587November 17, 2020 8:16 PM

BAJOUR!

by Anonymousreply 588November 17, 2020 8:25 PM

Is the wig still alive?

by Anonymousreply 589November 17, 2020 9:07 PM

so what you are saying is that henry did it. Franklin, grace and henry are framing hugh. Henry is framing his dad. That is crazy town. But would be interesting if they can pull this off. Grace was out looking for henry and she saw the murder or at least the after math. It checks out. Nothing disproves this theory. Maybe the cancer kid saw him?

There was another theory were hugh and Franklin was trying to get the kid off. Henry did it. But franklin and hugh are not working together. This does not check out.

by Anonymousreply 590November 17, 2020 10:10 PM

It’s the son. Red asked him if he knew his dad’s phone code. He took the phone, started putting in a code & stopped said “no.” He didn’t want to open the phone because she would see the texts between the dad & the mistress.

Why didn’t Hugh Grant have his phone with him, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 591November 17, 2020 10:26 PM

I do not think it is the kid. This story is not about how fucked up the kid is. I don't think nicole or hugh would do something like this. they both have children. The sweet innocent boy is the killer.

I think it's about the adult men. Everything is about how nicole has a fucked up childhood and got her life together. I think Franklin did the murder, and hugh is playing it straight. He cheated on nicole.

It could be Grace. And everything else is a red herring, the slow burn. Nicole was a mess, way before the kid was.

If she thinks her father killed that women, than she has to pick between her father and her cheating husband. The psychological vision of this story has to track throughout.

by Anonymousreply 592November 17, 2020 10:49 PM

It doesn't seem to me that Lily Rabe's role is large enough to make her a suspect. I would also question if Nicole would have signed on to the project if suddenly Lily becomes the focus at the finale.

by Anonymousreply 593November 17, 2020 10:55 PM

There is a scene in the beginning were those cops are talking to kids at the school. Henry has not spoken to the police. Both Grace and Franklin are preventing this. Henry knows something important, or is the killer. Maybe the kid knows hugh did not do it, and this information gets hugh off? Then, we find out the real killer. You know, the thriller part is us figuring out if hugh did it or not? The psychological part is who is the real killer?

by Anonymousreply 594November 17, 2020 11:07 PM

Thriller part... psychological part... the material part is, who will be going to jail, if at all? Someone needs to. It would be so lame if this WOC got murdered by rich people and no one gets in trouble for it.

by Anonymousreply 595November 17, 2020 11:16 PM

why did the murdered woman kiss nicole in the elevator?

by Anonymousreply 596November 17, 2020 11:22 PM

The state screwed up the DNA test. This leads them to Hugh grant, in the first place. But the hair is nicole's This is why we see HER in that bathroom. But it is not nicole's baby (duh), it is franklin's. The kid knows that hugh did not do it. When he is put on the stand, his information exonerates hugh. Franklin does not want to exonerate hugh before the trial (or maybe ever) because this lead the investigators back to him (franklin).

This is the show we are watching.

by Anonymousreply 597November 17, 2020 11:31 PM

The state screwed up the DNA test. This leads them to Hugh grant, in the first place. But the hair is nicole's This is why we see HER in that bathroom. But it is not nicole's baby (duh), it is franklin's. The kid knows that hugh did not do it. When he is put on the stand, his information exonerates hugh. Franklin does not want to exonerate hugh before the trial (or maybe ever) because this lead the investigators back to him (franklin).

This is the show we are watching.

by Anonymousreply 598November 17, 2020 11:31 PM

Rewatched ep. 1 for clues. I now think Rabe did it. The way the ep. is shot it all points to her and nothing points to the protagonist family. What looked like her being a gossip monger now seems like hatred for the victim. Notice how the camera avoids her face during the women's reunion, etc.

by Anonymousreply 599November 17, 2020 11:44 PM

Hugh Grant looks 70.

by Anonymousreply 600November 17, 2020 11:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!