Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Next Portland mayor shows voters what to expect

A photo of the leading candidate for mayor of Portland, Ore., has resurfaced showing her wearing a skirt patterned with the faces of famous Communist dictators.

Sarah Iannarone — who, like all other candidates in the race, is unaffiliated with a political party — can be seen in the photo, shared earlier this week by independent journalist Andy Ngo, wearing a skirt covered in the faces of Che Guevara, Mao Zedong and Joseph Stalin.

Iannarone is beating incumbent Mayor Ted Wheeler in the race, which uses a nonpartisan voting system in local elections, by upward of 11 points, according to the latest survey from local newspaper Willamette Week, published Monday.

The mother and Portland State University educator paired her Communist garb with a shirt from her campaign merchandise, bearing her first name.

Beside her posed an unidentified man with spiked hair, an odd-fitting white suit, and what appeared to be a black shirt and clerical collar.

A representative for Iannarone did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment.

The progressive candidate told the Willamette Week late last month that she supported defunding the police, stating, “We must listen to our BIPOC community on issues impacting them most.”

“We’re asking police to do too much. The same officers we watch brutalizing protesters are not appropriate first responders for those experiencing houselessness or in mental health crisis. We need to provide real help for everyone who calls in a way that reflects our values,” she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2020 4:14 AM

Sarah Iannarone has been a very open leftist progressive throughout her whole run, so nothing mentioned above should come as as a surprise to anyone following her campaign. Frankly, that skirt is hardly anything to raise eyebrows in Portland regardless.

Ted Wheeler is so deeply unpopular because of how he's handled the protests that just about anyone could win against him now, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2020 1:44 AM

Thank you, Svetlana/OP!

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2020 1:50 AM

Who will win? I hate her fruit punch red hair.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 1:06 AM

It was 101 years from women’s suffrage to her and Amy Coney Barrett.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 1:08 AM

I feel like a real communist wear sensible pantsuit, not a ridiculous skirt like that.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 1:12 AM

"I feel like a real communist wear sensible pantsuit, not a ridiculous skirt like that."

i find your "feelings" about real communist fashion to be critically important.

Perhaps you should start a blog...

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 1:14 AM

You mean like the pantsuits Hillary Clinton used to wear?

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 1:15 AM

The skirt makes her seem nutty, but what she's quoted as saying isn't.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 1:24 AM

Typical woke communist behavior. They don't realize just how hypocritical they look when they call Trump a psychopath (true) and then turn around and worship literal genocidal megalomaniacs.

"Defund the murderous police! Ignore the fact that Stalin and Mao literally killed over 50 million people!"

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 1:25 AM

R6 Maybe I will!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 1:27 AM

OP, are you gay? This is a site for gay people.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 1:30 AM

All the claims of mass murders by communists are just fascist propaganda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 1:32 AM

All the claims of mass murders by communists are just fascist propaganda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 1:32 AM

Since when did "Mao Tse-tung" become "Mao Zedong"?

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 1:33 AM

When round-eyed racists refuse to learn superior non-Western language.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 1:35 AM

R14 When pinyin replaced Wade-Giles, duh.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 1:42 AM

BIPOC?

Bisexual people of color?

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 1:44 AM

R12 R13 Wow, some Medium piece (the equivalent of a blog post for those unfamiliar) written by "Morgan", a random kid who spends his time defending the Holodomor and the Chavez/Maduro regime because it makes his First World Communist™ brain uncomfortable. My mind and the minds of countless victims and historians have been changed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 1:44 AM

BIPOC?

The acronym stands for black, Indigenous and people of color.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 1:47 AM

Thanks, R19. I always thought it was what R17 said.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 1:50 AM

this is the reason why scores of democrat cubans and latinos in miami are switching to the republican party, because of motherfuckers like hers who want to destroy the democratic party.

the democrats will have to change the name of the party to CDP capitalist democratic party, to get rid of these fucking communist minorities infiltrating the party.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 1:51 AM

Aside from her questionable fashion choices and complete lack of personal style, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2020 1:52 AM

Wearing Mao's and Stalin's images on clothing should be immediate disqualifier for any public position.

No amount of 'progressive ideas' can make up for promoting communist reigns of terror.

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2020 1:54 AM

r23 you are right, im cuban and if she was right in front of me i swear i would smash her head on the floor, this is totally disrespectful toward those of us who had to escape communism. never forget that these communists were just as homophobic as the nazis and many gays died because of these communists.

by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2020 2:02 AM

A checkered resume and identifies herself with Antifa. I don’t think she identifies as a Democrat though. Will she be setting up gulags?

Are protests still going on in Portland. The BLM movement has gone quiet.

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 2:03 AM

But "Antifa doesn't exist", R25!

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2020 2:05 AM

Tell her that!

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2020 2:05 AM

Lol “independent journalist Andy Ngo”

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2020 2:07 AM

If Antifa doesn't exist, then they have a funny way of not showing it.

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2020 2:10 AM

You're really earning your borscht tonight, Natasha.

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2020 2:36 AM

She has a very spotty past. So do I but I’m not running for mayor.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2020 2:42 AM

R30, go eat your wonton soup.

by Anonymousreply 32October 25, 2020 2:48 AM

That’s Reverend Billy she’s with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 25, 2020 3:00 AM

bless her heart

by Anonymousreply 34October 25, 2020 3:33 AM

R24 sounds like a troll.

Regardless, smashing someone's head on the floor for wearing whatever attire is called murder.

by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2020 3:53 AM

r35 you are a troll, it is obvious that im using and expression. it is clear that she is trying to offend those people who have been victims of communists regimes, among those people are gays and religious believers. what she is doing is a clearly a provocation .

by Anonymousreply 36October 25, 2020 4:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!