Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FBI says it foiled plot to kidnap Michigan governor

A militia group planned to violently depose Michigan’s government and abduct Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D), the FBI said in a federal affidavit filed Thursday.

"Several members talked about murdering 'tyrants' or 'taking' a sitting governor," an FBI agent wrote in the affidavit, obtained by the Detroit News. "The group decided they needed to increase their numbers and encouraged each other to talk to their neighbors and spread their message."

Federal prosecutors plan to make a fuller statement on the alleged plot later Thursday, according to the newspaper.

At least five men have been charged in connection with the alleged plot, identified as Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris and Brandon Caserta, according to the affidavit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 18, 2020 12:06 AM

Are all "militias" horrible?

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2020 4:05 PM

Gee - I wonder who these guys are voting for: Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris and Brandon Caserta

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2020 4:05 PM

I wonder what church they go to.

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2020 4:06 PM

Ghurl, at least run a comb through your hair before a news conference and less blue in the lip color.

Oh- glad she's safe.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2020 4:08 PM

Does anyone remember a movie called Arlington Road? I think that plot is coming to fruition. These militia groups are trying to stage a coup and take over and set up a real life Gilead. About a month ago I think I had a run in with one on a news forum comment section. At first I shrugged it off as a troll but now I think it was a real threat from one of them.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2020 4:10 PM

But what about the Muslims and the illegals????

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2020 4:10 PM

Avoid any male with the name Caleb or Kaleb. They are always religious nuts. Jedidiah should also put you on alert.

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2020 4:13 PM

And Antifa!

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2020 4:13 PM

Militia? You mean wanna be soldiers not cut out to be cops?

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2020 4:18 PM

That militia doesn't seem very well regulated.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2020 4:33 PM

Watch Trump defend them.

LIBERATE MICHIGAN!

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2020 4:36 PM

If Trump defends this, he's toast.

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2020 5:13 PM

They wanted to kidnap her because she was a pretty woman, and they all had rape fantasies of her tied up in chains wearing only her bra. Had she been some ugly crone, they would never have even given it a thought.

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2020 5:17 PM

The group is called the Wolverine Watchmen 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2020 5:24 PM

Are any of those guys hot with big dicks? Cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2020 5:26 PM

Some say militia, some say terrorist organization

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2020 5:26 PM

I’d much rather talk about the head of the Michigan State Police who just spoke at the news conference...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2020 5:31 PM

That man is fucking HOT

by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2020 5:32 PM

Meh, he's an okay looking middle aged man

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2020 5:35 PM

WOLVERIIIIIINES!!

by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2020 5:42 PM

Expect more of these. These guys are angry, violent, stupid, and armed to the teeth.

by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2020 5:44 PM

Trump always has called for violence at his Tent Revirals and his "Liberate Michigan" is an incitement to insurrection.

Yes. That's the current US President.

Still, call me a sentimental, cock-eyed optimist, but I predict when Trump is trounced, trash along these likes will accept it without violence.

Even most of them know the ride is over, they "owned the libs" for 4 years, and the curtain should be brought down.

by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2020 5:48 PM

They LOOK deplorable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2020 8:30 PM

They're not black or Muslim, so they're probably mentally ill

by Anonymousreply 24October 8, 2020 8:32 PM

They all look exactly as I expected.

by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2020 8:52 PM

When you see an online threat, take a screenshot and send it to the FBI via their website. We can't let the terrorists get away with this.

by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2020 8:55 PM

Here's Jason Miller with a hateful, misogynist hot take!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 8, 2020 11:27 PM

Investigate the obvious sympathizer, r27

Lock him up and make him think someone wants to fuck his dirty white ass.

by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2020 11:33 PM

Shocker! One of the militia guys was a QAnon supporter and also praised Kyle Rittenhouse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2020 11:58 PM

All In With Chris Hayes just had a member of the Michigan legislature and she said it is against the law to carry signs into the capitol building but not to carry guns into the capitol building, they are afraid that the signs might chip the paint on the walls, but not afraid of what the guns might do. Unfucking believable.

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote] Militia? You mean wanna be soldiers not cut out to be cops?

Wow! That is a very low bar.

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2020 1:07 AM

I am sorry but the press conference she gave with the grimacing sign language interpreter next to her was bizarre. I do understand that hate crime in ignorance language does not look pretty but they both looked a bit unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote] they both looked a bit unhinged

Yeah, you send us a pic of what you look like when 20 backwoodsmen plot to kidnap you.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2020 1:28 AM

Fuck off, R32, you insipid twit.

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2020 1:30 AM

They should arrest the judge who ruled against Whitmer, too. That ruling was not only legislating from the bench, it was obstruction of justice and makes him an accessory before, during, and after the fact to terrorism and treason. In fact, anyone who gets in Gov. Whitmer's way for any reason should be arrested for terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2020 1:38 AM

R23, they all look like the same fatass, ugly guy who can't get laid.

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2020 1:40 AM

"I do understand that hate crime in ignorance language does not look pretty but they both looked a bit unhinged."

Personally, I think the ones who look "unhinged" are the scary hillbillies who tried to kidnap her

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2020 2:00 AM

Jesus, r27... Dump cult members should just mass-suicide the moment he leaves office!

by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2020 2:19 AM

He's basically just blaming her. Trump sucks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2020 2:20 AM

Wow...FOUR neckbeards! More than I was expecting.

And who wants to bet it was the fatasses whining about the gyms being closed?

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2020 2:21 AM

^ Neckbeards......a true sign you're looking at a deplorable

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2020 2:27 AM

They have tied to creepy young Republican Charlie Kirk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2020 2:30 AM

Charlie Kirk looks like a retarded incel.

And didn't he murder his boyfriend a while ago?

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2020 2:43 AM

Why is the press complicit in referring to these thugs as militias...

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2020 2:47 AM

The Michigan domestic terrorists look exactly like how I expected them to look @R23. Thanks for posting that.

This is who they are in the linked pic. It would be interesting to know if any of them turned up at this demonstration/stormed the building and are in the pic.

They should be arrested as soon as their feet hit the ground in future but that's what they and Dump want. A war. Imagine in Dump loses. Imagine what they will do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 9, 2020 3:34 AM

The local 11pm news here in NYC said they have text messages from the group of them where they not only discussed kidnapping her but assassinating her.

by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2020 3:52 AM

MILITIA MEN, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2020 4:06 AM

Wouldn't be surprised R46. Trump has encouraged them to do this.

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2020 4:38 AM

Maybe you're being stupid, R13, but you inadvertently have a point: in the late '20s the burgeoning Klan was brought down by a scandal when the Grand Dragon kidnapped and raped a schoolteacher, who then committed suicide. The Klan rapidly declined in the middle of the country.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2020 4:50 AM

[quote]I do understand that hate crime in ignorance language does not look pretty but they both looked a bit unhinged.

What language are you posting in?

by Anonymousreply 50October 9, 2020 10:52 AM

I should not have said “unhinged”, R50 and R34. But it was bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 51October 9, 2020 1:26 PM

[quote] But it was bizarre.

You know what's bizarre you fucking troll? There was a plot to kidnap the Governor of Michigan and you're on here criticizing her about a press conference she once gave. Just jump in a grease fire and fucking die you right wing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 52October 9, 2020 2:42 PM

Go ahead and jump!...

by Anonymousreply 53October 9, 2020 2:50 PM

Our white supremacist president will never say anything against white supremacist terrorists.

Stand up and Stand by!

by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2020 3:25 PM

I prefer Shut up and Bye bye...

by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2020 3:38 PM

I didn't know much about her up until this past year. I really like her now. I love how she is completely unfazed by all of this. I would happily vote for her as our next president. I love Biden and Kamala on this ticket, but she is some to keep an eye out for in the coming years.

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2020 3:42 PM

[QUOTE] I am sorry but the press conference she gave with the grimacing sign language interpreter next to her was bizarre.

That was actually a great sign language interpreter. Half of ASL is comprised of the facial expressions accompanying the sign. But you sound like someone who doesn’t really know a lot so, that’s probably news to you.

by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2020 4:00 PM

I think Gretch will for sure find a place in the Biden administration. She can get out of Michigan and go do bigger and better things.

by Anonymousreply 58October 9, 2020 4:18 PM

We prefer that she stay here, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 59October 9, 2020 4:19 PM

Sad how some deplorables (including a freakin' SHERIFF!) are defending these guys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 9, 2020 4:45 PM

Pictures of more of the guys. They look like something out of deliverance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 9, 2020 4:46 PM

"Grimacing"? Whitmer's sign interpreter gives me LIFE. Whitmer stands there and calmly denounces a plot to kidnap, possibly kill her, and the interpreter give us all the "can you believe this shit?" facial expressions and gestures. Perfect division of labor.

by Anonymousreply 62October 9, 2020 4:50 PM

If 6 Muslims tried to kill a Governor—Trump would've touted his Muslim ban

If 6 Mexicans tried to kill a Governor—Trump would've touted his border wall

But since 6 white supremacists tried to kill a Governor—Trump...attacks the Governor

It was never about "law & order" w/Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 9, 2020 5:01 PM

[quote] This interview with a sitting sheriff in Michigan is absolutely wild.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 9, 2020 5:08 PM

Like a Coen brothers film, without the humor.

by Anonymousreply 65October 9, 2020 5:11 PM

Whitmer says Biden reached out to her.....Trump of course did not

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 9, 2020 5:52 PM

Was Troll 5811, prominent in this thread, involved in the plot? She was VERY upset at Whitmer back in April for denying her access to planting tulips in the name of freedom and America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 9, 2020 5:59 PM

After they kidnap her what was their plan? Ransom, rape, torture?

by Anonymousreply 68October 9, 2020 6:11 PM

The plan was to spirit her to Wisconsin for some reason and "try" her for treason in a kangaroo court ... after which, I guess, they would execute her.

Militia members aren't exactly known for superior brainpower.

by Anonymousreply 69October 9, 2020 6:15 PM

How odd, how very very odd. There heads will explode when they see her get sworn in as VP or President in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 70October 9, 2020 6:16 PM

I also have to add that Dana Nessel, the AG in Michigan, is a badass, take-no-shit lesbian and I love the job that she's doing!

by Anonymousreply 71October 9, 2020 6:20 PM

Who’d want her?

by Anonymousreply 72October 9, 2020 6:21 PM

R72 = militia douche

by Anonymousreply 73October 9, 2020 7:22 PM

[quote] Pictures of more of the guys. They look like something out of deliverance

And none of these mutherfuckers are "hot", so don't any of you bitches try it!

by Anonymousreply 74October 9, 2020 7:23 PM

Just a bunch of Good Trump Boys.

by Anonymousreply 75October 9, 2020 7:24 PM

I said to someone on another thread in regards to the "Proud Boys" that I know someone who works in a field where they closely monitor things like WS and the pandemic and I myself used to think WS were no big deal in terms of the threat they pose and in isolated pockets. He told me they are a threat to the whole country and disregard their danger at your own peril.

by Anonymousreply 76October 9, 2020 7:31 PM

R71, I didn't know she was gay.

by Anonymousreply 77October 9, 2020 7:32 PM

I literally can't tell any of those men apart.

by Anonymousreply 78October 9, 2020 7:35 PM

“Kaleb.” With a “k.” Fraus and their stupid names.

by Anonymousreply 79October 9, 2020 7:37 PM

R69 Probably rape her, too. Bunch of incels, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 80October 9, 2020 7:48 PM

Guys who tout white supremacy always look as if they scraped the bottom of the genetic barrel.

by Anonymousreply 81October 9, 2020 7:49 PM

Starting with the Trump family, R81.

by Anonymousreply 82October 9, 2020 7:50 PM

That's because their whiteness us the ONLY thing they "have", r81.

They think that I alone makes them "superior" to everyone else.

Despite what they see in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 83October 9, 2020 7:54 PM

Imagine if yippies & SDS & other groups like them in the 60 had social media. They’d never have been alllowed to get as far as these rightwingers have gotten with arming themselves & forming nationwide groups. Can you see the weather underground sending mass greetings to like minded people & encouraging them to arm & unite for a war against the govt?

by Anonymousreply 84October 9, 2020 7:55 PM

So do cat haters R81.

by Anonymousreply 85October 9, 2020 8:21 PM

The would-be kidnappers should have been patient.

With a Joe Biden presidency, he will make sure to re-empower the Republicans with Congress—and flip Democratic-held governorships, like Michigan, to the Republicans.

Some people need to think ahead.

by Anonymousreply 86October 9, 2020 8:37 PM

I hope Whitmer moves these lardasses to a black site and personally cattle prods their assholes and nuts before their trials.

They really should all get the death penalty for this. If the DeVos scumbags are financing all this, they should swing too.

by Anonymousreply 87October 9, 2020 8:49 PM

Trump is still encouraging hate against her by telling people she should be "locked up"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 17, 2020 11:04 PM

R83, that must be it. These people don't even meet 10th century standards for intelligence and conduct.

by Anonymousreply 89October 17, 2020 11:10 PM

I am the Governor's Deputy Digital Director. I see everything that is said about and to her online.

Every single time the President does this at a rally, the violent rhetoric towards her immediately escalates on social media.

It has to stop. It just has to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 17, 2020 11:15 PM

I reported a threat to Joe and Hunter Biden I saw on The Hill. Some nut wrote they are traitors and need to be executed now. ALL IN CAPS! I took a screenshot and called the FBI. These people are aware Trump is going to lose and it is driving them *crazy*.

by Anonymousreply 91October 18, 2020 12:01 AM

They’re the traitors? That’s rich. It’s astonishing how stupid these people are as the support a man and a party that are actually active traitors to this country. It amazes me how these gullible fools can be 180 degrees in the wrong direction about almost everything.

by Anonymousreply 92October 18, 2020 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!