Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lost stash of 400 erotic drawings by Duncan Grant comes to light

An extraordinary stash of more than 400 erotic drawings by Duncan Grant that was long thought to have been destroyed has come to light, secretly passed down over decades from friend to friend and lover to lover.

Grant was a key member of the Bloomsbury group and one of the most celebrated and successful British artists of the mid-20th century. As a gay man he lived the first 82 years of his life as a criminal.

In the 1940s and 50s Grant made hundreds of drawings, many of them explicit and often influenced by Greco-Roman traditions as well as contemporary physique magazines.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 11:03 AM

WOW, amazing!

Never heard of him, thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2020 12:00 PM

Yes, thanks OP. IMHO, erotic art is usually anything but. These, however, are quite beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2020 5:29 PM

Cousin of Lytton Strachey; had a baby with Vanessa Bell.

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2020 5:32 PM

This is sick!!!

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2020 5:34 PM

It's something of a miracle that they weren't destroyed. John Ruskin supposedly destroyed Turner's erotic drawings when he was in charge of the estate.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2020 8:44 PM

The Bloomsbury Group was wild. Duncan's (secret) daughter with Vanessa married Duncan's ex, David Garnett, when she grew up.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 6:07 AM

So he painted when the man go up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2021 6:15 AM

400 drawings found but the OP's link only shows two of them.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2021 6:20 AM

[quote] "...and one of the most celebrated and successful British artists of the mid-20th century."

I don't buy it. At least not from what I'm seeing in the article. Perhaps the British bar for artistic talent & expression was especially low during that time.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2021 6:27 AM

Smells like a really well fabricated story to bring in counterfeits.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 7:21 AM

Makes me horny.

Can I have one of your cocks?

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2021 7:26 AM

[quote] I don't buy it.

Yes, I don't believe these drawings were "lost". They were archived and now they're being publicised to get a good price.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2021 7:51 AM

Apparently he liked BBC.

He was regarded as strikingly handsome and IIRC had a fling with JM Keynes.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 11:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!