Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris “Krispy Kreme” Christie POZ for coronavirus!

Good thing he lost all that weight....oh, wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 22, 2020 10:34 PM

I'm actually sorry to hear that. I like Christie and Rahm on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2020 3:44 PM

Statement:

“ I just received word that I am positive for COVID-19. I want to thank all of my friends and colleagues who have reached out to ask how I was feeling in the last day or two. I will be receiving medical attention today and will keep the necessary folks apprised of my condition.”

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2020 3:45 PM

[quote]I will be receiving medical attention today

Guess he's feeling symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2020 3:45 PM

This is just too weird. Too many of them all of a sudden. I know that's how it spreads, but this is suspicious as fuck.

And how the hell can you have any respect for Christie, r1?

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2020 3:49 PM

Christie is at least the 14th person close to Trump who has the virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2020 3:49 PM

Quick!

Someone close off all the lanes on the bridges between Christie and every nearby hospital!

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2020 3:52 PM

Kyle Griffin is a-fucking-dorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2020 3:54 PM

I like Christie and Rahm's chemistry, and I liked Christie and Donna Brazile before that. I would watch a Christie/Brazile talk show - they were funny when they agreed with each other.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2020 3:54 PM

Talk about morbidly obese

But serious question -- didn't he have that stomach constricting surgery? How is it possible to regain so much weight after that?

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2020 3:55 PM

But he’s in such great shape.

He jazzercises!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2020 3:55 PM

His Twitter profile picture does him no favors R7 but he is definitely cute in that photo

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2020 3:56 PM

They are going down with the ship. Trump is the anchor.

by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2020 3:58 PM

C'mon 'rona, Rudy is RIGHT THERE, you gotta go for it man

by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2020 3:59 PM

He had lap band surgery back in the day. Over the summer, I thought he looked a little thinner in the face, but in that Rose Garden photo, he looks like his normal weight.

I think a bigger worry is that he was once hospitalized for an asthma attack, back when he was Governor. I can't remember the details now.

by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2020 4:00 PM

[quote]This is just too weird. Too many of them all of a sudden. I know that's how it spreads, but this is suspicious as fuck.

What exactly is suspicious about mass infections arising in a group of people that spent a lot of time close together without wearing masks?

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2020 4:01 PM

I didn't see it (I was watching MSNBC) but didn't Christie do debate coverage this past Tuesday night with George S? If so, does that mean the people at ABC should be concerned?

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2020 4:02 PM

[quote]This is just too weird. Too many of them all of a sudden. I know that's how it spreads, but this is suspicious as fuck.

Well, that's what happens when you ignore science and the very loud warnings from medical professionals and take no measures to protect yourself. This virus has been circulating for months, and there have been plenty of others throughout history. We all ought to know how they spread by now, for the most part. It takes a special combination of hubris and stupidity to gather in groups without masks or distancing, over and over again, and expect NOT to be infected. And Repugs are the poster children for both of those qualities. The chickens are simply coming home to roost.

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2020 4:02 PM

He’s kinda cute, but could Kyle Griffin be any more of a stereotype?

by Anonymousreply 18October 3, 2020 4:03 PM

R15 - it's too convenient. Too many big names.

It's not like they are the party of truth. I wanna see the test results and the doctors going live on TV stating and showing them - putting their medical license at risk.

by Anonymousreply 19October 3, 2020 4:04 PM

Yes and yes, r16.

by Anonymousreply 20October 3, 2020 4:04 PM

Gretchen Carlson was asking exactly that on Twitter a few minutes ago, R16.

by Anonymousreply 21October 3, 2020 4:05 PM

I think on the George S. show, the commentators were all significantly distanced from each other. But yeah, they'll all need to get tested.

by Anonymousreply 22October 3, 2020 4:06 PM

[quote]it's too convenient. Too many big names.

So your contention is that all of these people are volunteering to be labeled as positive even though they're really negative? Why, because they want to bring Trump's presidential campaign to a stop and potentially endanger the Supreme Court nomination process?

by Anonymousreply 23October 3, 2020 4:07 PM

[quote]r3 “I will be receiving medical attention today” / Guess he's feeling symptoms.

No... this is just what rich, well connected people do.

They don’t wait in line like people with crappy (or no) health insurance have to.

by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2020 4:08 PM

When you look at the Rose Garden videos on twitter, it's easy to see how they all got it. They were hugging and kissing each other as old friends, pressing their cheeks together.... I've seen speculation that Trump may have already had it, because he seems further along than the others.

by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2020 4:09 PM

R4

Not suspicious at all. Trump was feeling sick way before the debate, knew Hicks was already poz.

But he ignored all guidelines, didn't wear a mask, and breathed on everyone with his gamey breath.

Then there was the Rose Garden event. No one wore a mask. And here we are.

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote] This is just too weird. Too many of them all of a sudden. I know that's how it spreads, but this is suspicious as fuck.

It's the farthest thing from suspicious. They were all together at the events for the SC nominee last Saturday, without masks in indoor places. All but Sen. Johnson, who probably got from Trump or somebody a few days later. Completely predictable; the wonder is that it didn't happen to a big group of Republicans sooner. It was just a matter of time, and they probably got complacent.

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote]could Kyle Griffin be any more of a stereotype?

Yes, he's a stereotypically adorable human being. Could you, r18, be any more of a stereotypically hateful homophobic cunt?

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2020 4:14 PM

They all had to test negative to be at the Rose Garden event, so yeah, that probably made them complacent.

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2020 4:14 PM

It's not suspicious, it's exactly like all those weddings and birthday parties people had where some of the family was sensible and didn't go, but the idiot 30-something Trumpsters still got together, and there was a superspreader among them, so next thing you know 89 people are infected and all the grandparents have died.

This is EXACTLY the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2020 4:15 PM

They do so much damage to our country then expect cards, flowers, tweets, calls and hugs (and making a list of those who ignore them).

Deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2020 4:16 PM

He'll have some pasta and be fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2020 4:16 PM

It's "all at once" because they can't keep it secret anymore. I imagine some of them have known for a while that they're poz but it was being kept from the media.

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2020 4:17 PM

These people are terrible people who behave with callous, selfish recklessness. Their criminal negligence has planted hundreds of thousands of people in the ground in less than nine months.

But now ... it’s turning on them? I don’t even know how to respond! This upends my theory of life.

by Anonymousreply 34October 3, 2020 4:18 PM

So, Christie will be given an antiviral drug... and maybe a steroid?

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2020 4:18 PM

R34, I feel this is just 2020's big finish, the denouement... 2020 is a drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2020 4:22 PM

Wouldn't everyone that all these people encountered over the past few weeks need to be quarantined? Who cares if you "tested negative an hour ago". Or they will go out into the world and spread and spread.

Literally hundreds of potential cases roaming around.

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2020 4:22 PM

[quote]Wouldn't everyone that all these people encountered over the past few weeks need to be quarantined?

That is the medical guidance, but do you think any of these narcissistic assholes are going to do anything to keep other people safe?

by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2020 4:24 PM

Fucking cunts

by Anonymousreply 39October 3, 2020 4:26 PM

I cant believe there are actual fans of this thuggish, fat-fuck asshole on this thread.

It would be lovely if he croaks.

by Anonymousreply 40October 3, 2020 4:26 PM

Trump exposed around 300 people at the Bedminster fundraiser, and those 300 people went home and exposed their families, who went out and exposed untold numbers of people....

by Anonymousreply 41October 3, 2020 4:27 PM

David Tyler Muir was sitting near him on the panel.

Hope he didn’t give our DTM the Covid.

by Anonymousreply 42October 3, 2020 4:27 PM

Trump, Melania, Kellyanne, Chris Christie, Hope Hicks , Mike Lee, John Jenkins, etc. Whoever the fiction author is who writing this hilarious scenario of a Trump October Surprise as schadenfreude needs to go back and rewrite it to be more believable because it is way to absurd even as a work of fiction.

by Anonymousreply 43October 3, 2020 4:34 PM

COVID-19: It's the gift that keeps on giving!

by Anonymousreply 44October 3, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote]Trump was feeling sick way before the debate, knew Hicks was already poz.

This is NOT true. The debate was Tuesday. Hicks got sick on Wednesday when she and Trump went to Minnesota. She tested positive Thursday morning. Trump went to the fundraiser in New Jersey knowing she had tested positive. He was apparently feeling tired in Minnesota, and felt worse on Thursday, but that was all after the debate.

by Anonymousreply 45October 3, 2020 4:41 PM

Sort of like the French Revolution, only instead of the guillotine it's Covid.

Oh, and the nobles didn't lay down under the guillotine just to see what would happen

by Anonymousreply 46October 3, 2020 4:42 PM

This should come as no surprise but it appears Trump knew he was positive 36 hours BEFORE he announced it. Per NBC:

Dr. Sean Conley raised some significant questions as to when Trump was diagnosed with the coronavirus. "He's 72 hours into his diagnosis now," Conley said Saturday morning. However, it has only been 36 hours since Trump notified the public that he had tested positive. According to Conley's timeline, Trump would have been diagnosed sometime Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 47October 3, 2020 4:44 PM

At this point, every politician in DC should be tested.

by Anonymousreply 48October 3, 2020 4:44 PM

The WH has "clarified" Conley's statement, R47. Per WSJ's Rebecca Ballhaus:

A White House official clarifies Dr. Conley’s timeline. He says Conley meant to say it’s Day 3, not 72 hours in—the diagnosis was made Thursday night—and that Garibaldi meant to say it’s been two days, not 48 hours, since the Regeneron was administered on Thursday night.

by Anonymousreply 49October 3, 2020 4:46 PM

I was just coming back to correct what I just said at R45. Apparently Trump found out he was positive on Wednesday and then went on to infect half of Washington before telling anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 3, 2020 4:46 PM

Sen. Ron Johnson, too, I read on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 51October 3, 2020 4:48 PM

Reporters getting info that things are much worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 3, 2020 4:50 PM

For political reasons, simply to fuck the Democrats and fuck democracy while they were at it, they chose to act as if the coronavirus was nothing and they didn't need to listen to science.

I'll save my sympathy for pro-social people who care about one another and about principles.

by Anonymousreply 53October 3, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote]They all had to test negative to be at the Rose Garden event, so yeah, that probably made them complacent.

Likewise at the debate there was an "honors system" rule about tests: you SAY you got a negative one, they let you in. You're related to the president, they waive the mask rule.

This is the fundamental problem with contemporary Republicanism: the well-connected don't obey the rules. Laws and the Constitution don't matter, let alone the petty health regulations at a gathering. They're all optional. It leads to death.

by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2020 4:54 PM

Maggie Haberman and John Dickerson reported that Christie had to learn about the Covid spread from news reports. Nobody from the White House contacted him.

by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2020 4:54 PM

Trump conveniently arrived at the debate with his entourage too late to be tested, so they went on the " honor" system with people that have no honor. Then the fuckers decided that rules don't apply to them and took off their masks and refused to wear them. Does anyone think that regular testing went on at the WH, considering what the fat fuck said about not testing?

by Anonymousreply 56October 3, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote] A White House official clarifies Dr. Conley’s timeline.

But of course.

“No, no, the doctor [much like the president] misspoke. He meant 2 days, not 72 hours. And he also meant to say he’s dancing in his hospital bed, not that he’s doing fine.”

FOH.

by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2020 5:20 PM

Sorry, Chris, looks like you, too, are a nobody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2020 5:22 PM

[quote]R29 They all had to test negative to be at the Rose Garden event, so yeah, that probably made them complacent.

Unfortunately they’ve made no effort to familiarize themselves with virus facts, and don’t realize one can still lest negative during early infection (just like with HIV)

by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2020 5:33 PM

And just like Christie, r59.

He tested negative yesterday and positive today.

by Anonymousreply 60October 3, 2020 5:37 PM

We call him “Governor Extra Crispy”.

And obesity is NOT good when you have Covid.

by Anonymousreply 61October 3, 2020 5:39 PM

Oh, they realize it, R59. They just don't care.

by Anonymousreply 62October 3, 2020 5:39 PM

Remember the scene in "In & Out" where student after student after neighbor stood and declared "I'm Gay!" in support of popular teacher Howard Brackett (Kevin Kline)? That is what all this "I'm Positive" solidarity is starting to look like. Somebodies are lying!

Will they and donald all recover miraculously, proving to their cultists that Clovid-19 "ain't all that?"

by Anonymousreply 63October 3, 2020 5:41 PM

^^^ apologies for misspelling your name, Covid-19.

by Anonymousreply 64October 3, 2020 5:43 PM

Everyone who's gotten it so far is a fucking snake in the grass who would go through any lengths to reelect Trump. Unless or until there's a fatality, I wouldn't put it past this administration to try an elaborate scheme to minimize COVID-19 (after dozens of miracle recoveries).

by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2020 5:49 PM

Christie is only in his fifties, and they seem to have caught it early, where he's not showing symptoms yet. I think that bodes well for his recovery, in spite of his weight. In contrast with Trump, who is in his seventies and should have been in bed rather than gallivanting around to fundraisers.

by Anonymousreply 66October 3, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote]Christie is only in his fifties, and they seem to have caught it early, where he's not showing symptoms yet. I think that bodes well for his recovery

Anybody else who tests positive without symptoms is told to go home and take Tylenol.

by Anonymousreply 67October 3, 2020 6:11 PM

Didn't Christie fuck over the teacher and nurse unions?

THAT would be ironic.

by Anonymousreply 68October 3, 2020 6:12 PM

So if people at the Bedminster gathering get sick, wanna bet that information will be suppressed?

by Anonymousreply 69October 3, 2020 6:14 PM

[quote] where he's not showing symptoms yet.

Christie has not said he’s feeling no symptoms. Indeed, he said he was seeking medical attention. If he was asymptomatic I doubt he’d do that.

by Anonymousreply 70October 3, 2020 6:17 PM

I imagine there are/will be a bunch of people from the Rose Garden ceremony testing positive that we'll never hear about, as well.

by Anonymousreply 71October 3, 2020 6:17 PM

I think there were around 300 people at the Bedminster event, so if enough of them get sick, it's bound to leak. Although, NJ has had problems in the past with people not wanting to cooperate with contact tracers.

by Anonymousreply 72October 3, 2020 6:17 PM

Christie said on his twitter yesterday that he felt fine and had no symptoms. He got the diagnosis today and said that he would seek medical attention.

by Anonymousreply 73October 3, 2020 6:20 PM

You know what they say: you lie down with dogs, you wake up with COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 74October 3, 2020 6:20 PM

R74 - who you calling a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 75October 3, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]Anybody else who tests positive without symptoms is told to go home and take Tylenol.

Why would you take Tylenol if you don't have any symptoms? Tylenol is bad for your liver.

by Anonymousreply 76October 3, 2020 6:47 PM

[quote]So if people at the Bedminster gathering get sick, wanna bet that information will be suppressed?

[quote]I think there were around 300 people at the Bedminster event, so if enough of them get sick, it's bound to leak.

I heard Alex Witt say on MSNBC earlier today that some report she saw stated that the donors who attended the Bedminster event on Thursday with Trump "freaked out" after hearing he had tested positive.

by Anonymousreply 77October 3, 2020 8:08 PM

R77 - you would too if you paid $250,000 for COVID. Serves them right. I hope everyone at that lunch gets it. They could have donated those millions to something that would have made a real difference.

Not a photo-op with a buffoon trying to kill democracy.

by Anonymousreply 78October 3, 2020 8:16 PM

[quote]R77 the donors who attended the Bedminster event on Thursday with Trump "freaked out" after hearing he had tested positive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 3, 2020 8:20 PM

OMG David Tyler Muir!

by Anonymousreply 80October 3, 2020 8:23 PM

^^ who are you responding to?

by Anonymousreply 81October 3, 2020 8:32 PM

If being a fat disgusting pig increases your chances of getting infected, then how did Melania Trump get it?

by Anonymousreply 82October 3, 2020 8:51 PM

Because she’s one inside.

by Anonymousreply 83October 3, 2020 8:55 PM

R82, I think obesity is correlated with the mortality rate, not the infection rate.

And fit, healthy people die of it, too.

by Anonymousreply 84October 3, 2020 9:06 PM

[quote] you would too if you paid $250,000 for COVID.

Worst swag gift EVER!

by Anonymousreply 85October 3, 2020 9:16 PM

Wolf Blitzer just said he's overweight and has a lot of problems...oh the SHADE of it all!

by Anonymousreply 86October 3, 2020 9:56 PM

And he's now checked into a hospital as a "precautionary measure."

by Anonymousreply 87October 3, 2020 10:00 PM

While regular Americans get to just lay on the couch for 'precautionary measures.'

by Anonymousreply 88October 3, 2020 10:03 PM

^^ or keep working, because they fear eviction.

by Anonymousreply 89October 3, 2020 10:06 PM

David Tyler Muir sat next to Crispy.

ABC is making them isolate for 2 weeks!

by Anonymousreply 90October 3, 2020 10:08 PM

Does he have the diabeetus too? He seems like he would.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 3, 2020 10:09 PM

Who the fuck (is allowed to) check into a hospital “as a precaution”? I’m calling bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 92October 3, 2020 10:14 PM

Hospitals don’t admit people “in case they sick.”

I mean WTF?

by Anonymousreply 93October 3, 2020 10:16 PM

You in trouble, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 94October 3, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote]Who the fuck (is allowed to) check into a hospital “as a precaution”?

Rich people. They have better insurance and don't have to worry about being bankrupted for life with medical bills.

Anyway Fatso's story is that his doctors told him to check in because of his asthma. He says he has mild symptoms but he's pretty high risk. I suspect his symptoms aren't so mild.

by Anonymousreply 95October 3, 2020 10:28 PM

Will GMA or WNT even be on next week?

And David Muir was on Kelly & Ryan last week, so there goes that show.

ABC, you in danger gurl.

by Anonymousreply 96October 3, 2020 10:37 PM

I've read that some people who have that lap band surgery continue to eat like pigs and literally pop the band. Looks like that's what Christie did.

by Anonymousreply 97October 3, 2020 10:41 PM

I’m kind of a fatty and honestly nothing has made me want to lose weight more than this recent fat crop of republicans. Trump and this thing proud of their fast food consumption and slovenliness.

by Anonymousreply 98October 3, 2020 10:43 PM

Related Thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 3, 2020 10:48 PM

He’s in the hospital. He’s already showing symptoms and he’s panicked.

by Anonymousreply 100October 3, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote]While regular Americans get to just lay on the couch for 'precautionary measures.'

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 101October 3, 2020 10:58 PM

That Lie/Lay Troll been such a work out lately.

by Anonymousreply 102October 3, 2020 11:17 PM

**been getting

by Anonymousreply 103October 3, 2020 11:17 PM

[quote]And he's now checked into a hospital as a "precautionary measure."

Uh, that's not something people do, at least it's not something people telling the truth do!

by Anonymousreply 104October 4, 2020 3:48 AM

If you have an infectious disease but are otherwise ok. doctors will not admit you to a hospital where you can infect other people. Especially during a pandemic, when you would be taking resources away from other patients.

by Anonymousreply 105October 4, 2020 4:21 AM

r102, it's not trolling to expect people communicating in a language actually be able to correctly communicate in that language.

by Anonymousreply 106October 4, 2020 4:23 AM

Christie Death Watch

by Anonymousreply 107October 4, 2020 4:38 AM

Apparently on Friday he was experiencing a low fever and some achiness. Because he's a high risk, they admitted him to the hospital sooner rather than later. Now he's got to ride it out. I imagine it's like Trump - the next 48 hours will be very important.

by Anonymousreply 108October 4, 2020 10:06 AM

He was admitted because he has a pre existing medical condition that places him at high risk for death from covid. They are hooking him up to a heart monitor for a few days. He may lie to get into the same clinical treatment as trump, but get the treatment (not placebo) by saying he is meeting the criteria for compassionate use.

Meanwhile, the republicans are gutting medical care for the American people. The Republicans are the ones spreading the illness too, purposely not wearing masks, purposely not social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 109October 4, 2020 10:34 AM

While Christie and Trump downplay the virus, they are so scared of it, they hightail to the hospital so that doctors can monitor them round the clock (on our dime) while normal people need to recover at home.

by Anonymousreply 110October 4, 2020 11:26 AM

Imagine they had to put Trump and Christie into a weeks long coma, and then have them wake up right after Biden won the election.

by Anonymousreply 111October 4, 2020 11:29 AM

Trump will recover, Kristy will not is my bet. He is getting the best treatment money can buy. They are both way beyond obese, but Kristy is on another planet. Being serious for a minute, all that visceral fat compresses his lungs on a good day. Add an infection and it can be the straw the breaks the camel's back.

by Anonymousreply 112October 4, 2020 11:35 AM

Christie will likely die from this, hope he made his arrangements. Trump will survive but I think he will be permanently affected and unable to continue as president.

by Anonymousreply 113October 4, 2020 11:58 AM

I just realized Trump is going to be like one of those people who check into the hospital and never want to leave. In a real hospital, there are always one or two patients that LOVE being there. It's the attention they don't get at home. I see Trump loving this since he is getting sympathy from both sides of the political spectrum. He's never had that before. It's like narcissist cat nip. I bet even if he could go home in a day or two, he will milk it for weeks up to the election and make a magic recovery and back in the White House a few day before election night.

by Anonymousreply 114October 4, 2020 12:10 PM

[quote]Christie will likely die from this, hope he made his arrangements.

Doughnuts will be served curb side.

by Anonymousreply 115October 4, 2020 12:12 PM

[quote]I just realized Trump is going to be like one of those people who check into the hospital and never want to leave.

Trump is the Huguette Clark of our time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 4, 2020 12:40 PM

I have a question for DL people . Is FAT BOY Trump's BITCH?

by Anonymousreply 117October 4, 2020 12:48 PM

I suspect that the relationship between Trump and Christie is very transactional at this point, complicated by Jared Kushner. Trump abuses Christie, but Christie has benefited in numerous ways from the relationship. And at this point, Christie is one of the few in what I call Trump's circle of trust, which is how Christie got the Covid.

by Anonymousreply 118October 4, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote]r116 Trump is the Huguette Clark of our time.

Maybe Ms. Clark permanently checked into the hospital to get away from that vile yellow paneling and trim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 4, 2020 3:04 PM

He’s getting dragged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 4, 2020 5:09 PM

He probably thought he would get into the Intensive Cake Unit.

by Anonymousreply 121October 4, 2020 5:10 PM

"We need 30 lbs of fondant, STAT!!

by Anonymousreply 122October 4, 2020 5:16 PM

R121 HA!!

by Anonymousreply 123October 4, 2020 6:38 PM

I liked Donna Brazile wishing him well on the George S. show. It was heartfelt and sincere and she gave him good advice to rest.

by Anonymousreply 124October 4, 2020 8:44 PM

Chris Christie said it was fine to let Americans die of covid, even your grandma and grandpa, because he wanted his stock portfolio to do better.

He said this out LOUD.

by Anonymousreply 125October 5, 2020 2:44 AM

Well, it will be nice of him to take one for the team, then.

by Anonymousreply 126October 5, 2020 3:01 AM

R121

You win the thread award!

by Anonymousreply 127October 5, 2020 3:01 AM

Christie advocated in the Washington Post for opening the country county by county, based on data,, which is basically what has been happening in the mid-Atlantic region. He criticized states that opened too quickly. He said there was risk to re-opening the country, but there was risk if the country didn't open. Christie, in fact, took that risk that he was advocating - and now he's facing the consequences. He always advocated for proper safety measures during re-opening - so that's where Christie failed to walk the talk. They all tested negative at the Rose Garden event, but that clearly wasn't enough, and he should have known better.

by Anonymousreply 128October 5, 2020 6:58 AM

All that, R128, and he still supported a president and party that advocated the opposite and exacerbated this epidemic—another way he failed to, as you say, walk the walk.

by Anonymousreply 129October 5, 2020 12:38 PM

[quote] They all tested negative at the Rose Garden event,

Nobody has come out and officially said everyone who attended that event was tested. I don’t think they were.

by Anonymousreply 130October 5, 2020 5:31 PM

Why does anyone pay attention to what Chris Christie has to say in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 131October 5, 2020 5:34 PM

R128 They did not "all test negative at the Rose Garden event."

Tests were offered in advance. Many attendees didn't bother, citing earlier negative tests results w/o any evidence being required that they'd even been tested or that they were negative. White House staff were said to be tested daily. Few people on the WH staff or at the ceremony wore masks

And we all know that you can be infected before developing antibodies to the disease, the very thing the tests rely on.

by Anonymousreply 132October 5, 2020 5:42 PM

Is he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 133October 5, 2020 5:47 PM

Or at least, R133, is he on the way - like "in the ICU?"

by Anonymousreply 134October 5, 2020 5:55 PM

Christie had an interview with a NJ journalist on Day 3 (Sunday?), who said that Christie was raspy but not coughing during their 10 minute call.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 5, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote] is he on the way - like "in the ICU?"

He will never be in the ICU because he’s not at a typical hospital and he’s in the Presidential suite, which is prepared to become an ICU room.

If anything, he may eventually get ICU care, but they’ll never admit that. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 136October 5, 2020 6:54 PM

Corona must be like a bulldozer if it was able to knock Christie anywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 5, 2020 10:06 PM

Good Lord. How can you have your stomach stapled and still be that fucking fat?

by Anonymousreply 138October 6, 2020 12:16 AM

A friend of mine who is considering having her stomach stapled said her sister had the procedure done, and she gained weight. While it can limit how much a person eats in one sitting, it doesn't help when the person increases snacking throughout the day.

by Anonymousreply 139October 6, 2020 12:30 AM

You have to staple both the stomach AND the snack purse!

by Anonymousreply 140October 6, 2020 12:38 AM

My super obese cousin had the gastric bypass, lost 100+ lbs., but within 18 months he gained it all back and more, he restretched his stomach out. Christie must have done the same. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 141October 6, 2020 12:51 AM

The guy who does work around the building for us did the same thing - a gastric bypass. He was fat before but Jeezus, now he's huge - the F250 rises up when he gets out.

I think he weighs 100 lbs more now. It is sad and WTF, any surgery is dangerous and expensive. Does it ever work?

by Anonymousreply 142October 6, 2020 1:10 AM

It can, R142, just like other drastic techniques can, but without a permanent lifestyle change, such things never last.

by Anonymousreply 143October 6, 2020 1:12 AM

I think you have to be seriously addicted to food to get that fucking fat in the first place, so the recidivism rate must be high. He just likes donuts more than he liked being able to see his feet again.

by Anonymousreply 144October 6, 2020 1:59 AM

He must still be in the hospital since we haven't heard from him.

by Anonymousreply 145October 6, 2020 2:06 AM

"Feet are overrated"

by Anonymousreply 146October 6, 2020 2:07 AM

How did he even father his kids? I doubt he can find his penis

by Anonymousreply 147October 6, 2020 2:07 AM

"Penis is overrated"

by Anonymousreply 148October 6, 2020 2:18 AM

[quote] How did he even father his kids? I doubt he can find his penis

The youngest kid is 17, He wasn't always the Goodyear blimp. In 2003 Pitty Pat probably could still find it and hop on top (photo from 2003)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 6, 2020 2:20 AM

Not sure why the link at R149 didn't work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 6, 2020 2:22 AM

It’s hilarious that he cites his asthma as the condition to worry about with Covid, not his monstrous body

by Anonymousreply 151October 6, 2020 2:28 AM

Yeah, he could totally get it in his younger days. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 6, 2020 2:42 AM

He has asthma too? He's toast, unless he's taking that experimental drug that trump is taking...

I put him in the death pool

by Anonymousreply 153October 6, 2020 3:57 AM

Isn't it way too early to be making any declarations of feeling fine and minor setback?

Just like Trump - isn't it almost guaranteed to make a strong come back in a few days?

And Christie - if he has asthma on top of being 200 pounds overweight - it really doesn't look good for him.

by Anonymousreply 154October 6, 2020 4:16 AM

Guys, can we stop fat shaming Christie now.

He already has enough on his plate.

😉

by Anonymousreply 155October 6, 2020 11:29 AM

Marry me, R6!

by Anonymousreply 156October 6, 2020 11:36 AM

R155, you just threw the fat trolls red meat.

by Anonymousreply 157October 6, 2020 11:36 AM

I was hoping they’d get the pun.

by Anonymousreply 158October 6, 2020 11:48 AM

As Trumps final act of making Krispy Kreme his bitch, the request for the same drugs to help him get over Corona with BE DENIED.

by Anonymousreply 159October 6, 2020 11:58 AM

When he dies, instead of being embalmed, they're gonna send his body through the glaze shower at Krispy Kreme.

by Anonymousreply 160October 6, 2020 2:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 6, 2020 3:27 PM

Is he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 162October 6, 2020 3:44 PM

How about now?

by Anonymousreply 163October 6, 2020 4:12 PM

He hasn’t been heard from, so....

by Anonymousreply 164October 6, 2020 4:29 PM

Nothing heard from Gov. Krispy or Melania for that matter. How are the other Rose Garden victims doing?

by Anonymousreply 165October 6, 2020 5:17 PM

From the photos I've seen of men who died from Covid, Christie looks like a textbook case.

If he 'survives' then he never had it at all.

And I do believe the people at Amy's coming out party are lying. They volunteered to back-up Trump so it wouldn't look like he caught it at one of the rallies, which he did.

They don't want people scared away from the rallies; they need them for optics. But they don't care if the rallies are superspreaders.

by Anonymousreply 166October 6, 2020 5:32 PM

11 staff members for the Cleveland debate and several journalists have now contacted covid you nutcase at r166.

by Anonymousreply 167October 6, 2020 5:38 PM

Chris Christie!

Is that thing still around?

by Anonymousreply 168October 6, 2020 5:41 PM

[quote] several journalists have now contacted covid

Were they calling for a quote or something?

by Anonymousreply 169October 6, 2020 7:12 PM

No updates on Governor I-Get-The-Whole-Closed-Beach -To-Myself-During-a-Government-Shutdown?

I hope that means no news is good news. The good news being that he is not long for this world as a result of being a cult member.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 6, 2020 10:26 PM

Is he dead??

by Anonymousreply 171October 6, 2020 10:32 PM

The Washington Post has an article that points how odd it is he preemptively checked into a hospital.

by Anonymousreply 172October 6, 2020 10:34 PM

They can't cremate his corpse. It might start a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 173October 6, 2020 11:15 PM

Christie's son confirmed yesterday that his father is in a Covid isolation room and doing well.

If the danger zone is 7-10 days after diagnosis (?), then he's got another five days to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 7, 2020 2:55 AM

He’s in the Homer Simpson suite.

by Anonymousreply 175October 7, 2020 3:15 AM

r175 Do they feature intravenous donut glaze?

by Anonymousreply 176October 7, 2020 4:06 AM

Yes, r175!

by Anonymousreply 177October 7, 2020 4:22 AM

R176, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 178October 7, 2020 4:23 AM

So he gets to hang out In case he gets sick? Who the fuck is paying that bill?

by Anonymousreply 179October 7, 2020 11:03 AM

Are they going to bury him in a piano case? That's the only thing big enough for fatsos.

by Anonymousreply 180October 7, 2020 11:33 AM

[quote] So he gets to hang out In case he gets sick? Who the fuck is paying that bill?

He's no longer on the government payroll but I wonder if he has some sort of 'retirement' medical insurance. You know, the kind that most of us don't have, and those of us that do had to work 20 years to qualify for.

Who knows, maybe he has Obamacare. Let's be honest, you can't check yourself into the hospital is if it was the Marriott. He had to have his doctor call and get him admitted, which, if you have a regular doctor, isn't all that hard to do, especially if you're a former governor, 58 years old, asthma sufferer, morbidly obese, and just tested positive for a deadly virus. All he had to do was tell the doctor he was short of breath. Hell. CC probably experiences shortness of breath when he reaches for the remote control.

by Anonymousreply 181October 7, 2020 12:49 PM

Anybody can go to the ER R181

by Anonymousreply 182October 7, 2020 1:22 PM

For tracing purposes, has the CDC contacted any local mall employees who work at Sbarro, Orange Julius and Mrs. Fields?

by Anonymousreply 183October 7, 2020 1:43 PM

[quote]Please everybody hang in there and reach out for help if you need it.”

Anybody else who goes the ER with "mild" covid symptoms is told to go home and take Tylenol. And "Come back if you can't breathe."

by Anonymousreply 184October 7, 2020 2:37 PM

He didn't go to the ER. He was admitted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 7, 2020 2:42 PM

Christie and the medical center aren't commenting on his admission, but a news article explains what probably happened to get him admitted. The article says you don't check in like a hotel, but your doctor can get you in as a direct admission, so you can skip the ER. Christie had at least three risk factors, and people with underlying lung disease can turn very bad very fast.

BTW, we don't know what kind of insurance he has, but he's presumably a millionaire at this point, so he probably has the best plan available. Also, nobody has mentioned - he's a registered lobbyist and he lobbied on behalf of several NJ hospital systems in the past year. I don't know if this medical center is one of them, but I would assume that he's a favorite of hospital administrators.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 7, 2020 2:54 PM

[quote] For tracing purposes, has the CDC contacted any local mall employees who work at Sbarro, Orange Julius and Mrs. Fields?

Please don’t forget us. We’re scared too.

by Anonymousreply 187October 7, 2020 3:28 PM

[quote]For tracing purposes, has the CDC contacted any local mall employees who work at Sbarro, Orange Julius and Mrs. Fields?

They tried, but they've all gone out of business after no orders from Christie for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 188October 7, 2020 3:34 PM

Not much of an update other than he “remains hospitalized,” though he hasn’t been heard from publicly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 7, 2020 6:56 PM

They’re not going to say much, and then announce in a week or two that he’s dead, just like with Herman Cain.

by Anonymousreply 190October 7, 2020 6:59 PM

Well that’s impossible, r190. Why, Herman was tweeting right up until, and even beyond his death.

by Anonymousreply 191October 7, 2020 7:02 PM

R191 In fact Herman Cain is tweeting now:

"I blame Donald J Trump. And my own willfully ignorant ass."

by Anonymousreply 192October 7, 2020 7:07 PM

Herman Cain: “I’m a dead black voice for Trump!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 7, 2020 7:11 PM

It does raise the question, r180....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 7, 2020 7:17 PM

Sen. Mike Lee is spreading the goodness and taking them all down!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 7, 2020 8:47 PM

R195 It's hard to fight stupid.

by Anonymousreply 196October 7, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote]Rep. Salud Carbajal announced Tuesday he tested positive for the coronavirus

Rather ironic, since "salud" means "health."

by Anonymousreply 197October 7, 2020 9:14 PM

Nomen ≠ omen in this case, R197.

by Anonymousreply 198October 7, 2020 9:57 PM

DIE FAT MAN DIE.

by Anonymousreply 199October 7, 2020 9:58 PM

Giuliani is taking hydro-what's-it even though he claims he tested negative. Preventative dose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 7, 2020 10:09 PM

Giuliani is taking hydro-what's-it even though he claims he tested negative. Preventative dose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 7, 2020 10:09 PM

Well, is he dead yet? What's the hold up?

by Anonymousreply 202October 7, 2020 10:41 PM

How much does he have invested in it, r201?

by Anonymousreply 203October 7, 2020 10:44 PM

Is he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 204October 8, 2020 12:59 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 205October 8, 2020 1:26 PM

Is it terrible that I really want someone highly visible to really get sick from this or die from it? I guess i am being naive but I keep hoping if that happens SOME of the fools out there will finally open their eyes to this.

by Anonymousreply 206October 8, 2020 1:30 PM

As of yesterday, he was not on a ventilator. Supposedly he's in good spirits,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 8, 2020 2:40 PM

If they try to intubate him, he’s going to aspirate doughnuts, and have aspiration pneumonia in addition to Covid...and then he’ll die.

by Anonymousreply 208October 8, 2020 3:05 PM

R183. Cinnabon is Christie's main addiction.

by Anonymousreply 209October 8, 2020 3:13 PM

Loving this alternate ending to the sopranos!!

by Anonymousreply 210October 8, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote] Supposedly he's in good spirits,

Spirits are not of this world.

Is someone trying to tell us something?

Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 211October 8, 2020 4:08 PM

I love a good sshhpirit!

by Anonymousreply 212October 8, 2020 6:02 PM

Lol R210.

by Anonymousreply 213October 8, 2020 7:55 PM

You’d think with all the speculation about how’s he doing, he’s on a vent, etc. as well as all three of these news people saying he’s not that, if he could, he’d hop on his twitter and say “I’m not in ICU,” or “I feel great,” or “I feel terrible but thank you,” or fucking anything really.

If he’s just sitting there in the hospital watching soap operas, why hasn’t he tried to quell some rumors?

by Anonymousreply 214October 8, 2020 8:08 PM

r214

1. He's not a public official

2. There are HIPAA laws that prevent others from discussing his status.

by Anonymousreply 215October 8, 2020 10:29 PM

I’m not talking about others discussing his status, I’m talking about HIM discussing it, or tweeting to at least dispel rumors.

And HIPAA only covers healthcare providers and insurers from revealing information, not friends who spoke with him or reporters who have reliable sources.

by Anonymousreply 216October 8, 2020 10:32 PM

He's on a ventilator and Lean Cuisine.

fingers crossed!

by Anonymousreply 217October 8, 2020 10:35 PM

Lean Cuisine?!

COVID won’t kill him but that will.

by Anonymousreply 218October 8, 2020 10:36 PM

r218 Yes, for sure. His body would reject it.

by Anonymousreply 219October 8, 2020 10:38 PM

Maybe a nice healthy vegetable platter will give him a hint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 9, 2020 8:03 AM

He told the NJ reporter that he didn't want his treatment to be discussed. That's why we've only gotten second-hand reports that he's been on the phone with people.

by Anonymousreply 221October 9, 2020 4:25 PM

Christie has now been in the hospital a full week. CNN reported yesterday that there was no indication that he was on a ventilator.

This weekend is 7-10 days from his diagnosis, so this is the time period everyone warns to look out for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 10, 2020 3:47 AM

CNN reported yesterday Christie is on Remdesivir, the same drug Turd is on.

He must have a pretty serious case of it.

by Anonymousreply 223October 10, 2020 12:04 PM

When someone whose lungs have been ravaged by Covid-19 is struggling to get enough oxygen into their blood, ICU staff can choose from various interventions to try to help them. One technique is high-flow oxygen therapy, which involves blowing oxygen up a patient’s nose via tubes. Another option is to use a CPAP machine, which provides oxygen via a tight-fitting face mask. These are relatively noninvasive methods — but early in the pandemic, many ICU physicians avoided using them because they feared they could help spread the virus around hospital rooms, potentially infecting staff.

Nuala Meyer, MD, professor of medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, recalls that in the first few weeks of the pandemic, she and colleagues more commonly opted for ventilator systems instead. Although air flow can be carefully controlled with these devices, ventilators are more invasive. They require putting patients into chemically induced comas and inserting tubes deep into their airway. This can cause complications, and it may be harder for patients to recover once they are taken off such systems.

As the pandemic unfolded, it became clear that appropriate PPE actually did do a sufficient job of protecting health care workers from the aerosolizing effects of less invasive therapies. It was one reason why ventilators were used less over time.

“One of the more dramatic changes is being less worried about that spread,” Meyer says. That had benefits for patients, too: “If you can avoid the ventilator, you avoid sedatives, and maybe there is a benefit there,” she adds.

It’s a balancing act, though, Morgan says, because it can also be detrimental to keep a patient on less invasive methods should they prove ineffective. The patient only becomes more exhausted, and switching to the ventilator at that point can be even more of an ordeal for them.

Overall, though, the consensus among ICU staff seems to be that being able to opt for CPAP or high-flow oxygen therapies is a good thing. In time, clinical studies may prove that this has had an impact on mortality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 10, 2020 12:15 PM

Those drugs are pretty powerful, I just notice Remdesivir is made by Gilead, the same company that makes HIV drugs. They are basically using the same concept they learned from that to kill the virus. Actually in this case, keep it from multiplying further in you body in the hope that your immune system has time can overtake it.

That's why they keep saying if your immune compromised, this virus is a lot more dangerous. I am sure Christy's immune system has been compromised for a long time with his weight and other stuff he has going on.

by Anonymousreply 225October 10, 2020 12:17 PM

I thought I read somewhere that by the time you go in a ventilator, your chances of survival is only 50%.

by Anonymousreply 226October 10, 2020 12:20 PM

More like 20%, r226.

Cuomo used to say it in his daily briefings when he would give the numbers of those on ventilators. He would say “if you go on a ventilator, there’s an 80% chance you won’t come off of it” which gave me chills.

by Anonymousreply 227October 10, 2020 12:49 PM

Thanks for that info, r224. Fascinating shit.

by Anonymousreply 228October 10, 2020 12:49 PM

Gov. Kris Krispy has now been released from the hospital and, unlike some people I could name, has published a lovely note thanking the health professionals who saved his miserable life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 10, 2020 1:27 PM

Here’s the thing guys. I’m starting to rethink this whole thing.

If a guy like Christie who is morbidly obese, older than me and has asthma survived this, I’m not going to be as worried about it as I have been. I’ll still mask up and take precautions, etc. but I’m not going to be as worried about catching it.

It’s almost freeing.

by Anonymousreply 230October 10, 2020 1:40 PM

Good for you, R230! At the slightest symptoms, just have yourself helicoptered to a six-room suite at the best, all-expenses-paid hospital and get twenty-four-hour, cutting-edge care with the latest experimental therapies!

You'll do as good as me and the other fat fuck!

by Anonymousreply 231October 10, 2020 1:44 PM

Damn it. Why can't we have ONE piece of good news?

by Anonymousreply 232October 10, 2020 1:46 PM

I will be interested to hear Christie's position on Covid-19 and if there is a change. In the report he was discharging, it indicated that he would have further comment next week.

by Anonymousreply 233October 10, 2020 1:51 PM

R230 I wish I could share your sanguinity. I'm venturing out to museums (and they seem to be doing a good job with crowd control and mask monitoring) but I'm not ready to resume indoor dining. It's going to be a long winter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 10, 2020 1:56 PM

Yes, very interested to hear what he has to say unless it’s bullshit like, “I wasn’t worried. I only had a sore throat and that was it. I was in there as a precaution. Don’t let this dominate your life.”

Then he’ll remind me why I hate him already.

by Anonymousreply 235October 10, 2020 1:56 PM

Some ppl still die and get it bad. But mortality rates are falling rapidly. Doctors are finally getting better in managing this condition for most people.

However, there is more and more evidence that it has long-term health impact, particularly neurological.

by Anonymousreply 236October 10, 2020 2:04 PM

Yes, r234.

As I said, I’m still taking precautions, masks, hand washing, etc., and I won’t have anyone over for Thanksgiving, which is exceptionally depressing, but what I meant, and I probably should’ve been more clear:

I’m an essential worker and have been out in this since the start. However, sometimes the fear of contracting this, or the fear of “did I just touch my eye?! Oh shit!!” can be so powerful, overwhelming and mentally crippling that it’s damaging.

My point could’ve been more clear and I apologize for that, but what I meant was I’m not going to worry [bold]as much[/bold] as I have been. For months I’ve been feeling that one lapse or one fuck up and I’m going to get this and maybe not survive. I’m going to calm down a bit.

TL;dr: I’m going to mentally relax a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 237October 10, 2020 2:06 PM

Chris Christie seen recover and taking a morning jog!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 10, 2020 2:08 PM

Sending you a virtual hug R237. When we civilians feel overwhelmed it's easy for us to call out at work and crawl back under the covers, but you're right there on the front lines, making it possible for the rest of us to carry on with a degree of normality. Don't think for a minute we don't appreciate it.

Sorry about Thanksgiving, but if the museums are open in your city, I highly recommend an hour or two looking at great art which has survived plagues, pandemics, and pogroms. I find it quite restorative

by Anonymousreply 239October 10, 2020 2:59 PM

Thank you, r239. From my heart, thank you. I felt your hug and it meant a lot.

Hang on, someone is ringing my doorbell. It’s probably the schmaltz police.

by Anonymousreply 240October 10, 2020 3:07 PM

I'm glad Christie is okay. My guess is the reason that it didn't go bad is because they caught it right away. He was negative on Tuesday and positive by his test on Friday

by Anonymousreply 241October 10, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote]My guess is the reason that it didn't go bad is because they caught it right away.

Which is a luxury most of us don't get. The common folk don't get checked into a hospital unless they're near death.

by Anonymousreply 242October 10, 2020 4:33 PM

Yeah, I thought of that too.

The almost millisecond he tested positive he was under medical care and went immediately to the hospital where, inexplicably to us peons, was admitted.

by Anonymousreply 243October 10, 2020 4:39 PM

R242, coz that's what they tell you to do. Stay the fuck home unless you start to get worse or some shit.

by Anonymousreply 244October 10, 2020 4:42 PM

I definitely think this virus is less deadly but more infectious...

that's what the medical experts are saying.

by Anonymousreply 245October 10, 2020 4:42 PM

In that photo he looks like he's wearing Trump's shade of Bronx Colors foundation.

by Anonymousreply 246October 10, 2020 4:48 PM

[quote]he ignored all guidelines, didn't wear a mask, and breathed on everyone with his gamey breath.

Trump wants to take down as many people as he can, doesn't matter who as long as they die before he does.

by Anonymousreply 247October 10, 2020 5:07 PM

They better hurry up then.

by Anonymousreply 248October 10, 2020 7:25 PM

Fuck, why cant this tree of evil die already?

by Anonymousreply 249October 11, 2020 1:21 AM

Christie's team made me take down exclusive video of him on a recent morning jog, sorry, new link. His team is vicious! This link should work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 11, 2020 1:34 AM

In an interview with The New York Times and in a written statement, Mr. Christie said that he had believed he was in a “safe zone” at the White House while he was there. He urged people to follow best practices, like mask wearing and social distancing, but argued there’s a middle ground between extensive, large-scale shutdowns and reopening cities and states without taking proper precautions.

Mr. Christie said he had spent days in the intensive care unit of the Morristown Medical Center in New Jersey, after taking himself there on Oct. 3 at the insistence of his doctor. Mr. Christie, who was at high risk for negative effects of the coronavirus because of his weight and because he is an asthmatic, was one of several people around Mr. Trump, who announced early on Oct. 2 that he had tested positive, to contract the virus.

Mr. Christie had led Mr. Trump’s debate preparation sessions, and attended the Sept. 26 event honoring Ms. Barrett, the president’s nominee for the Supreme Court, in the Rose Garden. White House officials are looking at that event as a cause of the spread of the virus to more than a dozen people. “I believed when I entered the White House grounds, that I had entered a safe zone, due to the testing that I and many others underwent every day,” Mr. Christie said in the statement. “I was wrong. I was wrong not to wear a mask at the Amy Coney Barrett announcement and I was wrong not to wear a mask at my multiple debate prep sessions with the president and the rest of the team.”

“I hope that my experience shows my fellow citizens that you should follow C.D.C. guidelines in public no matter where you are and wear a mask to protect yourself and others,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251October 16, 2020 4:30 AM

Now you believe in masks, when it affects you personally? How Republican of you.

Typical.

by Anonymousreply 252October 16, 2020 4:51 AM

Christie always supported wearing masks. He just didn't follow what he preached.... which is yes, very Republican of him.

by Anonymousreply 253October 16, 2020 10:51 AM

I'm watching Christie on GMA. He looks like death warmed over. He talked about how he was being careful for seven months and he was able to avoid Covid, but he let his guard down at the White House and he was wrong. He is adamantly pro-mask.

by Anonymousreply 254October 16, 2020 11:41 AM

[quote] Mr. Christie said he had spent days in the intensive care unit of the Morristown Medical Center in New Jersey,

That’s (relatively) new information. No one was able to confirm that in real time.

by Anonymousreply 255October 16, 2020 12:59 PM

I hate his fat ass, but there’s more honesty and humility in his statement than we’ve heard from Trump in the last four years.

by Anonymousreply 256October 16, 2020 5:42 PM

I’m with you, r256.

He gets a bit of a pass from me because he has now come out and said “I was wrong.” He also admitted that he was scared, which also is a helluva motivator.

I’ll give him credit where it’s due if only for admitting those two things.

by Anonymousreply 257October 16, 2020 9:07 PM

Christie appeared on Governor DeWine's coronavirus briefing, touting masks. This was after Christie wrote an op-ed for the WSJ. He has become a true believer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 22, 2020 10:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!