Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Boys in the Band out on Netflix Today.

I want to like it but so far, watching it, I just want to rewatch Friedken's original.

Typical snippet from reviews: "Whether or not you think Crowley’s very of-its-moment piece still has something to say to audiences of the 21st century, it’s a play that deserves better than this waxwork karaoke."

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2020 3:35 AM

OP is worse than Hitler making gays wear the pink triangle.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2020 3:27 PM

Omigawd!!! I'm honored to receive the "OP is worst than Hitler" citation!!

I searched. Honest.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2020 3:40 PM

What I am, R1, is a 32 year-old, ugly, pock marked Jew fairy, and if it takes me a little while to pull myself together, and if I smoke a little grass before I get up the nerve to post on DL, it's nobody's god-damned business but my own. ; - )

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2020 3:49 PM

Heh heh

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2020 4:06 PM

Some nice things in this new version, but Jim Parsons is not up to this task. And while this looks like a NYC apartment, it does not look like Michael's NYC apartment. Nothing about it suggests an occupant who is choking in debt.

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2020 8:38 PM

Did anyone get the reference to MacArthur Park with the cake left out in the rain?

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2020 2:48 AM

Mary, don’t ask.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2020 3:05 AM

I watched the Murphy version last night and the original tonight. Murphy’s version is quite good but the original is better. As good as leads Jim Parsons and Zachary Quito are as Michael and Harold, they have NOTHING on Kenneth Nelson and Leonard Frey.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2020 3:20 AM

Shouldn't Parsons have played Emory?..

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2020 3:21 AM

I agree r9.

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2020 3:24 AM

Frey is marvelous as Harold in the original. Nelson and Frey snap at each other like an old married couple and then you get to the scene where Harold opens Michael's gift and you see that they really do care for each other. Then when the alcohol kicks in Michael becomes the insane mean drunk for the second half.

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2020 3:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!