Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can’t sleep.....

Can you guys suggest something I can watch on TV to relax me? I was watching a movie but it was too intense.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2020 4:05 PM

I usually think of sex (but do not masturbate). It helps me sleep.

The opposite is true too: if I masturbate before sleep, then I get insomnia.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2020 8:24 AM

Have a wank OP.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2020 8:29 AM

Deep, sensual voice puts me to sleep every time. Host has multiple YouTube videos with different background sounds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2020 8:31 AM

Have a gummie.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2020 8:32 AM

Watch a silent film

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2020 8:37 AM

Try chefs table on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2020 8:47 AM

I like boring nature videos, beaches or rain, turned all the way down as low light as possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2020 9:14 AM

R7, Gorgeous beach, restful sounds of the ocean. Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2020 9:24 AM

Murder, She Wrote used to be my go-to.

In general, reading is better than TV to lead in to sleep. Just don't read on your phone.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2020 9:55 AM

I watch Barnaby Jones. Seriously, I can barely make it through an episode without dozing off. I keep a few episodes on the DVR just for sleepless nights.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2020 10:11 AM

Similar to R7's suggestion, look for sleep sounds/relaxation videos on videos on YouTube, with sounds like rainstorms or ambient nighttime city noise, stuff like that. Some are just a thumbnail photo with the sounds, others are real videos of the ocean or walking in the city at night. Two good channels to start with are Stardust Vibes and Nomadic Ambience, but there are lots of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2020 11:24 AM

I generally watch a clip from 'Family Guy'. They're clever, Brian and Stewie are funny and they clear my mind from my own issues.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2020 11:27 AM

I need to have the TV on when I fall asleep or else my monkey mind goes crazy. But it has to be something that I've seen lots of times or else I'll pay attention. And the TV has to be on a timer that will shut off after a couple of hours.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2020 11:29 AM

Here’s a good one......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2020 5:21 PM

Zzzzzzxxxxyy

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2020 6:13 AM

I woke up at 3.30 and I had to watch all of this before I could drift off again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2020 6:23 AM

There’s Something About Kevin is on now.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2020 6:55 AM

Benadryl is my go-to.

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2020 6:57 AM

Golden Girls reruns. There's something soothing about Bea Arthur's voice that always works for me.

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2020 7:10 AM

Listen to a podcast... duh

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2020 7:23 AM

Thunderstorms and heavy rain help me sleep.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2020 7:26 AM

If you can spare the money, OP, invest in an aquarium. It doesn't have to be a saltwater fish/coral reef setup, which can be a pricey and demanding hobby. A tank of goldfish would be inexpensive and requires far less maintenance.

Watching all the pretty fishies swimming by will lower your blood pressure and relax you. You will feel sleepy in no time.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2020 7:30 AM

OP, try radio dramas on YouTube or similar. You can close your eyes and listen. They are usually between one and two hours so they don’t just play on for hours but distract you from whatever is keeping you awake. I generally find I fall asleep after about half an hour sometimes sooner.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2020 7:30 AM

Wow R1. The exact same thing happens to me-I thought I was the only one. It feels like my brain is exploding with hormones and I get a sort rush that prevents me from sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2020 7:36 AM

Listen to a book on Audiobooks. Most of the readers have soothing voices. Set the sleep timer for end of chapter so you know how far to go back when you wake up.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2020 8:30 AM

OP, I strongly suggest you keep a record of everything you eat, portions, time of day, etc. for a month. Google everything you can think of that gives you some indication as to why you can't sleep.

My only other advice is that after having pulled off the brilliant murder of your psycho ex-boss, to have dug the grave seven, not three, feet deep.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2020 9:36 AM

I have a couple of go-to books that I keep next to my bed to read myself to sleep with. Like telling myself a bedtime story.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2020 11:27 AM

Audiobooks on Spotify or a documentary about something that is interesting enough to keep my mind from wondering, but not exciting enough that I will try to pat attention. Narrators' voices tend to soothe and relax me.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2020 12:22 PM

R22 how about this video? Much cheaper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2020 3:54 PM

ASMR videos on YouTube. There are a million of them and they cater to all kinds of tastes.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2020 4:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!