Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anyone else genuinely afraid of being gunned down by Trump supporters on election day?

In 2016 they circled my polling location in pickup trucks with MAGA and Confederate flags to intimate folks.

This was in the north of the country. It did not receive any media coverage.

I was mostly unfazed at that point, inbreds being inbreds, but hell, I'll admit it: This time feels different. I keep having Final Destination type premonitions of being target practice for a deplorable or group of deplorables and I suppose that is Donald Trump's goal.

I am now afraid to show up to cast my ballot-- something that should not even occur to me in the U.S. I don't believe this is an irrational fear based off of what we've heard. come out of this administration. Last night Trump told a murderous Anti-Semitic hate group to "stand by" until he gives them further instructions and they cheered.

by Anonymousreply 56October 1, 2020 12:53 AM

OP is just Boris engaged in voter intimidation himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2020 6:31 AM

OP, are you from North?

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2020 6:31 AM

Nothing will give me more pleasure than driving to my polling place to vote against Trump.

If his batshit supporters touch me and give me an excuse to kick them in the gunts, I will be even happier.

You don't just surrender a democracy to Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2020 6:32 AM

R1 Is a Nazi that thinks the "reverse Boris" gimmick is as amusing to sentient creatures as it is to him and his fellow troglodyte incel compatriots.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2020 6:35 AM

Not one single motherfucking thing about Trump or Trump supporters intimidates me.

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2020 6:38 AM

^^^ Not even all of the scary, obvious, generations-long inbreeding?

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2020 6:43 AM

Does the mail reach you, up there?

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2020 6:46 AM

I'm in NYC, so no. I do worry for southern and midwest Dem voters. I've got no problem with gun ownership. I hope Dem voters shoot every motherfucking "proud shithead" they find if they try and fuck with people doing what every American has the right to do: VOTE. Being fucking enemy Nazi terrorist combatants, they wouldn't understand the democratic right to vote.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2020 6:47 AM

[quote] ^^^ Not even all of the scary, obvious, generations-long inbreeding?

No. But I'm a 36-year-old man who can take care of a Trumptard harassing somebody really quick.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2020 6:52 AM

R9 And what's your plan when it moves beyond harassment? These people already believe they are at war and there is a conspiracy to steal the election from Trump that has to be stopped at any cost. When people are that deluded they do crazy shit. They believe they are under siege by anarchists and looters. They mobilize off a rumor that Hillary Clinton is sex trafficking children at a pizza joint. Trump has promised to cover the legal fees and vindicate those that commit violence in his name.

Like I said; something just feels different. This is their opportunity for an insurrection and I think they fully realize this.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2020 7:05 AM

R10, let them keep impugning the Republican brand.

Something does feel different -- Republicans have embarced these nuts!

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2020 7:09 AM

So far, all the violence and destruction we've been seeing has not been coming from Trump voters.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2020 7:15 AM

DL is becoming a real breeding ground for racists and their dog whistle posts. Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2020 7:18 AM

Research who to call in case there's voter intimidation at the polls - or you feel threatened. I guess the state / country electoral officials but also the Dem campaign and poll workers. Maybe also call the police and tell them you are being threatened.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2020 7:19 AM

^^ county , not country

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2020 7:20 AM

I have never witnessed the Republican party stoop this low that they admit they are willing to cheat!

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2020 7:32 AM

Fuckin'-A RIGHT, R12! Those people deserve DEATH!

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2020 7:39 AM

[quote]This was in the north of the country.

Oh, well, THAT'S convincing.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2020 8:03 AM

[quote]Republicans have embarced these nuts!

I think you mean "embarked on those nuts," hope this helps!

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2020 8:04 AM

[quote]So far, all the violence and destruction we've been seeing has not been coming from Trump voters.

A woman named Heather disagrees. CNN disagrees. They showed up to the MI statehouse where the cops allowed a bunch of savages to enter with GUNS and threaten to BEHEAD the governor because she was trying to protect their worthless lives. Cops don't put their hands on them, that's why there is no violence. They're allowed to get away with things the left is not. We have white supremacists within the ranks and until every last one of them is thrown off a fucking bridge to their deaths including you, we will never have civility.

Go fuck yourself, shithead.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2020 11:28 AM

Nothing about this bullshit post rings true OP. You’re just a troll carrying on with the narrative Trump is spinning in hopes of keeping people from voting.

For all the hand wringing the Trump cultists have done all summer about the “violent left”, you would think they’d be the ones afraid to show up and vote, and who knows, maybe they are...or maybe they should be.

...insert evil laugh here...

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2020 11:37 AM

What I AM afraid of is my state not getting mail-in ballots out in enough time. I put myself on the list early due to a (more reasonable) fear we’d be locked down come November. But the legislature is still debating deadlines and instructions so fuck that, I will take my entire ballot (if I ever get it) to my polling place, ask that it be voided, and place a non provisional vote in person.

NO ONE, not Trump, not my state legislature, not the Supreme Court, is taking away my right to vote and to have it be counted. Proud Boys can go FUCK THEMSELVES.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2020 11:42 AM

Trump supporters, in the main, can’t be bothered to peel their sweaty asses off their pleather BarcaLoungers in support of their Orange Turd King, and I don’t expect them to start now.

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2020 11:46 AM

R20 "Cops don't put their hands on them, that's why there is no violence." Nice excuse. The horrid levels of violence we have seen from the left did not need provocation from the cops. Furthermore there are countless videos of cops being threatened and attacked but showing great restraint. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2020 12:38 PM

[quote]The horrid levels of violence we have seen from the left did not need provocation from the cops.

Oh. really asshole. Where was the provocation from a 75yo man?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 30, 2020 12:40 PM

Now tell me what he did wrong that these guys did right to not have the cops put their hands on them:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 30, 2020 12:41 PM

[quote] Nothing about this bullshit post rings true OP. You’re just a troll carrying on with the narrative Trump is spinning in hopes of keeping people from voting.

Go fuck yourself. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 27September 30, 2020 6:44 PM

r8 = Boris desperately trying to spin a civil war out of this without a self-defense qualifier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 30, 2020 7:09 PM

Let Kyle Rittenhouse shoot me on the way to the voting booth.

Polls show the violence only hurts Trump and the Republicans, who are going to get their asses thrown out of the White House and Senate because of it.

The voters want to punish the Deplorables right now. The more Deplorables dig in, the more they dig their political graves.

by Anonymousreply 29September 30, 2020 7:11 PM

R14 You can't call the police anymore if you're white and there is a black or brown person involved, or you risk arrest for "racist cop call".

by Anonymousreply 30September 30, 2020 7:24 PM

F&F the brazen, lying Boris @ r12, pretending he's never heard of:

Derek Chauvin

Brett Hankinson

Travis McMichael

Gregory McMichael

William "Roddie" Bryan

Rusten Sheskey

The Boogaloo movement

Psychopath Kyle Rittenhouse & his Deplorable standing ovations.

Etc., etc., etc. ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 30, 2020 7:24 PM

[quote]You can't call the police anymore if you're white and there is a black or brown person involved, or you risk arrest for "racist cop call".

Not talking about a 'trespasser' call.

You can also call the news media. Get it on the record somehow with as many authorities and entities. Also take cellphone videos if possible.

by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2020 8:57 PM

R4 and R21 = the "No, YOU'RE the troll" troll

by Anonymousreply 33September 30, 2020 9:00 PM

ACLU says: Report intimidation to the Election Protection Hotline at 1-866-OUR-VOTE or 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA (en Español). Report intimidation to your local election officials. Their offices will be open on Election Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 30, 2020 9:27 PM

R28 That video, that no one watched, wasn't funny at R1 when you posted it the first time you fucking pepe frog nazi incel.

Your motive for trying to derail discussions about the reality and fear of right wing violence is obvious.

When you couldn't halt this thread by being the first to post with some bullshit Russian accusation and unfunny edgelord meme you then directly attempted to ludicrously suggest left wing violence happens at levels close to or exceeding right wing violence. This is a patently false deception refuted by every single piece of statistical evidence available for tracking politically motivated violence.

by Anonymousreply 35September 30, 2020 10:05 PM

The cost of the violence over the last few months:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 30, 2020 10:22 PM

R36 Despicable Nazi filth. You have Far Right Extremists and infiltrators to thank for this destruction and Trump's weaponized goon squad. Far right white supremacist militant groups have shown up more than 500 times to instigate at BLM protests.

Important to note also is your equating of black people's lives to property being graffiti'd.

by Anonymousreply 37September 30, 2020 10:30 PM

Police are the ones escalating violence at protests and coddling white supremacist militants that later go out and kill people

||| LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW POLICE KNEW FAR-RIGHT EXTREMISTS WERE THE REAL THREAT AT PROTESTS, NOT “ANTIFA”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2020 10:34 PM

We saw who was looting and causing the violence. We heard the chants and the speeches.

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2020 10:39 PM

R39, Trump's FBI disagrees with you on which side is the bigger threat in this country.

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2020 10:40 PM

"Important to note also is your equating of black people's lives to property being graffiti'd." Looting is reparations!

by Anonymousreply 41September 30, 2020 10:41 PM

R36 doesn't give a flying fuck about how much the destruction cost, or who caused the destruction. What R36 cares about is maintaining fat, old, wealthy white men in their traditional positions of power. What R36 wants is for everyone to be very afraid, that if Biden gets in office, black and brown men will be coming out to the suburbs to rape and pillage white people.

That's your agenda, right R36?

by Anonymousreply 42September 30, 2020 10:46 PM

R41 You're just a gross excuse for a human and nothing I say here will bring me as much satisfaction as knowing that your life is so empty and joyless.

by Anonymousreply 43September 30, 2020 10:46 PM

R42 Correct. He is part of the historically predictable white majority opposed to ending the system of white supremacy in this country.

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2020 10:50 PM

[quote]What [R36] wants is for everyone to be very afraid, that if Biden gets in office, black and brown men will be coming out to the suburbs to rape and pillage white people.

Yeah, meanwhile, white men like Rob Porter, Jason Miller and Brad Parscale are just the classiest white men. Wife beaters and adulterers who drug pregnant strippers to induce abortion.

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2020 10:50 PM

There are actual fossilized posters here who grew up in segregationist America and still pine for those days. Sad but true fact. The rest are the sons of those angry white men and women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 30, 2020 10:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 30, 2020 10:56 PM

I think those are called Ku Klux Kiddies

by Anonymousreply 48September 30, 2020 11:01 PM

How funny is it that white, racist Southerners have only gotten dumber? There is no way they could have spelled that sign correctly @R47 if it were created today.

by Anonymousreply 49September 30, 2020 11:03 PM

r35 sure has the wrong guy.

If he's a genuine liberal, he better man-up and ignore Deplorable protesters at the voting center.

by Anonymousreply 50September 30, 2020 11:21 PM

No right-wing, Republican racist lynch mobs starting the violence here at all!

Nothing to see!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 30, 2020 11:26 PM

OP's ranting is more intimidating. See your psychiatrist ASAP, fat ho auntieOP.

by Anonymousreply 52September 30, 2020 11:32 PM

[quote] [R35] sure has the wrong guy. If he's a genuine liberal, he better man-up and ignore Deplorable protesters at the voting center.

Shut the fuck up and stop conflating vigilance for cowardice.

by Anonymousreply 53September 30, 2020 11:42 PM

**with. And by the way R50 this genuine liberal is genuinely sick of the enormous frequency of right wing violence and mass shootings in this country so if you're such a tough guy why don't you put on a ski mask and confront those motherfuckers yourself? You're some kind of hero? Fuck all the way off. Normal people are concerned about what this President is instructing not just proud boys but the over 600 active white supremacist hate groups in this country to do on election day. Other people's *cough* problems, huh?

by Anonymousreply 54September 30, 2020 11:48 PM

Fuck trumptards. Several of us have already met with our local sheriff and District Attorney. If any of those fucking retards try to intimidate people at the polls or mess with anything in any way, they're going to jail that day.

If they fuck with the counts in our county, they're going to jail. We're not having any of those circa 2000 "Brooks Brothers" riots of white assholes banging on doors and harassing the counters.

We're ready for these thugs and we'll lock them up.

by Anonymousreply 55September 30, 2020 11:50 PM

Yes, no violence coming from the right:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 1, 2020 12:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!