Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Yale Drama School costs 145k?

Saw this post on Rosie's site:

Hey Commack South Sister, a guy went off on me, said Trump’s tax returns were “none of my business.” My father was a janitor, I went to Yale Drama, owe 145,000 for that, & after a lifetime of paying my dues, never even got an agent. I’m a 50 year old bartender- AND I PAID MORE IN TAXES THAN THE PRESIDENT. You bet your sweet bippy it’s my business.

and 25 years ago it cost that? Seems high. How did Meryl pay for it? Sigourney was an heiress of course.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2020 4:55 AM

Meryl and Sigourney attended 45 years ago. No private school in the country had tuition anywhere near that high 45 years ago.

In any case, both Streep and Weaver were from wealthy families. Weaver's father was the president of NBC; Streep's was a pharmaceutical executive.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2020 4:41 AM

Anyone who pays that is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2020 4:41 AM

[quote]never even got an agent. I’m a 50 year old bartender

That's Yale's fault?

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2020 4:43 AM

Interest rates were high back then--if you couldn't pay off loans, well, it $uck$.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2020 4:46 AM

How did M pay for it?

Let's see here:1,450 tricks at a hundred bucks a pop makes . . .

Yeah, that appears to be about right.

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2020 4:49 AM

When I was a 19 yr old drama student in England I'd tell people and they'd say How INTERESTING! in the USA they'd roll their eyes.

Everyone I knew in London from those days went on to have some sort of acting career, of the tons I knew and met in NYC, ZERO.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2020 4:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!