Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Craft: Legacy (2020) Gets a Trailer

I’m honestly impressed with how good and scary this looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2020 3:49 PM

girl power zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2020 4:17 AM

I'd be more interested in a movie about a coven formed by the wicked step brothers shown in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2020 4:23 AM

R2 in the meantime you could re-watch The Covenant.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2020 6:25 AM

Looks boring

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2020 6:32 AM

I'll watch it at some point but I'm not really seeing anything original here. It seems like a total reboot although the title seems to suggest something else.

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2020 6:39 AM

R5 it's claimed to be a stand-alone sequel to the original movie.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2020 9:34 AM

R6, yes, and yet the story seems to be the exact copy of the original. It's been like decades since I saw the film but I remember the main events quite well.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2020 11:52 AM

[quote] and yet the story seems to be the exact copy of the original.

I think you have to rewatch the movie again, because the trailer featured some significant changes, like the hot step brothers. So this hyperbole "exact copy" does not fly.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2020 12:02 PM

Four girls who start attacking their bullies using witchcraft. It's obviously not a perfect carbon copy but the main storyline seems pretty much the same.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2020 12:15 PM

No original enough. It borrows too much from the original.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2020 12:21 PM

r9. Carbon copy is like literally. You only come off like an idiot for using those if it's not true. There wouldn't be an issue if you had used something like "pretty much the same".

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2020 12:32 PM

R11, oh honey, I'm not the idiot here. Are you some insane The Craft fan who's seen the film 155 times?

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2020 12:36 PM

It doesn’t look scary to me. It looks like a patchwork of scripts from The Craft and Carrie, plus CGI.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2020 12:47 PM

[quote] oh honey, I'm not the idiot here.

If you declared that the trailer makes the new movie an exact carbon copy of the original. Then that's on you. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2020 3:17 PM

My freshman year dorm was wired for cable, but it never worked and even local stations wouldn’t come in very good. My roommate had one of those TVs with a VCR built in and the only movie he had was The Craft.

I watched it multiple times a day, everyday, for a few weeks. It got to the point I had memorized all the dialogue, although I especially loved the soundtrack..

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2020 4:31 PM

I like the cast. But what is at all scary about this trailer?

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2020 4:43 PM

How bizarre to get one's panties in such a wad over The Craft! The first one was good, the second one looks pretty good too. I watched then and will watch now.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2020 5:02 PM

R15, I bought the soundtrack off iTunes again about a year back. It doesn’t get enough credit for how good it is. Juliana Hatfield’s cover “Witches Song” is in my top five favorite songs.

Apparently Fairuza Balk is reprising the role of Nancy in this, so I’ll definitely give it a shot. I just hope this is actually The Craft and not another pilot for an X-Men/style girl superhero franchise.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2020 10:19 PM

I wonder if I should rewatch The Craft before I watch this new one.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2020 10:29 PM

The one second shot of a photo of Fairuza Balk is the only remotely interesting thing about this trailer.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2020 10:55 PM

R20 In all honesty, I agree with you. Her face is the only thing in the montage that has any gravitas and magnetism. There’s a scene of the girls in a circle in the woods with a bird flying overhead that obviously riffs on the butterfly scene but it has none of the wonder. I hope it’s just a poorly made trailer. It looks redundant and also less thoughtful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote] I hope it’s just a poorly made trailer.

It's a Blumhouse film.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2020 11:10 PM

This looks awful. It's getting panned on horror forums/sites. Who is this movie aimed at? 8 year old girls?

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2020 11:15 PM

The special effects were so Disney Channel but I'll probably watch.

by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2020 11:17 PM

R19 yes you should.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2020 3:22 AM

R20 and R21 you should check out Fairuza Balk on Celebrity Ghost Stories (on Amazon Prime). She has several creepy stories. The first one is when she is teen on location all alone in a "Room1408"-style hotel room from Hell. Very chilling stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2020 1:14 PM

I'd be more interested if a movie featuring Nancy escaping the loony bin and getting her revenge on her former coven.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2020 2:44 PM

A delusion of grandeur film about Gen Z; who are too afraid to lookup from their phones, but have psychotic fantasies about excessive revenge plots against anyone who slights them in the least. Sounds healthy.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2020 3:10 PM

R27 I love that idea!

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2020 3:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!