Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I think Trump wants a civil war

And I’m not joking

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2020 4:58 PM

100%

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2020 3:36 AM

He told a group of heavily armed racists to “stand by”

He wants violence, especially at the polls, with his “army”

The UN needs to get involved with this election

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2020 3:38 AM

Of course he does.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2020 3:40 AM

The Proud Boys are celebrating tonight. Anyone who votes for this pos is a racist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2020 3:40 AM

He just sewed up the white vote.

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2020 3:42 AM

Bullshit, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2020 3:43 AM

The inherent incompatibility between the left and right was leading us inevitably to this before Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2020 3:46 AM

Thats nothing new, OP. Boris and Natasha have been running that game here for months. Putin wants it more than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2020 3:47 AM

[quote]He just sewed up the white supremacist vote.

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2020 3:48 AM

Actually it’s the incompatibility between the right and basic reality that’s leading us to this.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2020 3:48 AM

Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2020 3:51 AM

Trump rewrites The Great American Folk Song Book:

"This land is MY land,

This land is MY land!

Or at least it WILL be,

My my my my MY land!"

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2020 4:03 AM

This is my fear too. Civil war that is.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2020 4:09 AM

If he thinks he can run away from jail and in power or at least slink away with stolen millions, yes. He's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2020 4:26 AM

Trump's army of obese virgins and mobility scooter-riders won't win jackshit.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2020 4:31 AM

You are correct, sir.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2020 4:36 AM

I think Trump wants a hot civil war because we're already having a cold civil war and he's losing.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2020 4:44 AM

Yes, Trumputin want a civil war. Well, Trump would have preferred winning re-election, but he'll gladly watch the country explode into a cacophony of mass shootings as a 'payback consolation prize'. Putin, of course, would kill us all himself if he could get away with it.

The eastern european troll farms have been constantly stoking racial conflict for years regardless of which particular election they're messing with at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2020 5:19 AM

He wants one because it’s the only way he gets to retain power. The fact that it would burn the country to the ground and probably kill a million people isnt of the slightest concern to him.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2020 5:22 AM

Populism is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2020 5:26 AM

I stay on the good side of my neighbors who open carry long guns and attend III% Militia/Oathkeepers meetings, and that's no joke. They've been cosplaying for years with the specific intent of participating in a hot civil war.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2020 6:04 AM

Who will his army fight against? There needs to be an opposing army for a civil war. Nope, I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2020 6:29 AM

The people who have been rioting, burning, looting, causing mayhem, causing billions in damage...they are the ones who want civil war and are acting on it.

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2020 6:42 AM

[quote]Trump's army of obese virgins and mobility scooter-riders won't win jackshit.

Has Mobility Mary weighed in on this?

by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2020 6:56 AM

He’s dying for a civil war because he doesn’t want to get killed by his Russian mob overlords or go to jail. The fat rejects who make up this “militia” will get out into the ground by the real military in about half a day.

It’s just depressing that so many stupid people don’t get that he’ll sacrifice their lives to save his own. Hell, pretty sure if the kids get arrested he STILL won’t step down. He’s a maniac and they’ve got to pull him out of office now.

by Anonymousreply 25September 30, 2020 8:42 PM

I want to see him and his kids before a firing squad.

by Anonymousreply 26September 30, 2020 9:50 PM

The militia will get PUT into the ground*

Autocorrect you bitchass.

by Anonymousreply 27September 30, 2020 10:09 PM

I don't think he wants a civil war for the basic reason he is a huge, massive, quivering coward.

by Anonymousreply 28September 30, 2020 10:15 PM

Even a few well-placed eruptions of violence would do. It would enable him to declare martial law, and suspend the election.

by Anonymousreply 29September 30, 2020 10:41 PM

He's now taking it back claiming he has no idea who Proud Boys are.

by Anonymousreply 30September 30, 2020 11:21 PM

r23 now pretending he's never heard of:

Derek Chauvin

Brett Hankinson

Travis McMichael

Gregory McMichael

William "Roddie" Bryan

Rusten Sheskey

The Boogaloo movement

Psychopath Kyle Rittenhouse & his Deplorable standing ovations.

Etc., etc., etc. ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 30, 2020 11:37 PM

COVID raging along and now potentially civil war. Hold me David. I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2020 11:50 PM

He doesn't WANT a civil war, OP; he's GOT one. The question is, how will he turn it up to full boil around mid-October? Make that, tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 33September 30, 2020 11:56 PM

To be the Debbie Downer (on the OP) ...

A friend of mine wrote her thesis on why the US did not go communist in the 1920’s after the Russian revolution. She is far smarter than I, but a major point was the inherent American bureaucracy.. Even the Civil War was “orderly”. Senators voted, states made their stances, etc.

There will be civil unrest of course, but outright “civil war”? Just not seeing it. Is Lindsay Graham going to call up the SC national guard to ensure a Trump presidency if he loses?

With Twitter?

With Facebook Live?

With CNN, MSNBC, and yes Fox with cameras rolling?

With no/minimal military support?

He will bitch and moan, but if he loses, he will leave.

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2020 12:00 AM

[quote]if he loses, he will leave.

His loss will have to be overwhelming — landslide territory — for Trump to voluntarily leave. He's going to wage his civil war in the courts, thinking (as he pointed out having "appointed" over 300 judges to the Federal judiciary) he has the advantage, that all of those judges are going to be and show loyalty to him rather than the law. And a few might, but they will still have to answer to their superiors all the way to SCOTUS.

What Trump misses is John Roberts' continual reminding him that he is not in Trump's pocket. Roberts has sent clear messages throughout this run-up to the election that he doesn't want the election to fall into his lap, and if Trump insists, the Court will not be friendly. The calculus changed slightly when RBG died, but the basic tenet remains: it cost the Court dearly when they chose Bush over Gore. Roberts is keenly aware of the Court's rep and wants to go down in history as a fair, just court. Getting dragged into Trump v. Biden is a loser for the Court regardless of what they decide.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2020 3:31 PM

sadly when Trump accepts that he is going down he is going to take as many with him as possible. If we are lucky they will all be politicians.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2020 3:34 PM

Trump will do anything to make his problems the country’s problems. We need to vote him out and force him to take responsibility for his own problems.

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2020 3:54 PM

Of course he does. It's all a big reality-show game to him.

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2020 3:55 PM

R35, did you post that on another thread recently? This is not an accusation of any sort; I like your take very much. I'm just curious if there's one poster who's an astute Supreme Court watcher or more than one posting about this.

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2020 4:46 PM

Also, I don't think a landslide would be necessary; a decisive result would do. My thinking is that a landslide would look suspicious (like the 90%-100% "electoral victories" claimed by dictators), given the pretty steady polling showing Biden with a good but not overwhelming lead. A landslide would give Trumpistas cause to sound the alarm.

I also can envision a certain number of his supporters, though not the hardcore crazies, falling away from the Trump Forever bandwagon and calling for him to accept the inevitable. Not a lot of them, but enough to create a bit of pushback against an out-and-out coup attempt by Trump through the use of the courts.

by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2020 4:52 PM

r21, do they know that you know that they intend to kill you if given a pretext?

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2020 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!