Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bret Stephens and the Wicked Lesbian

The Other Bret today highlights a somewhat insane lesbian who is secretly voting for Trump.

Highlights:

[italic] It’s worth understanding where she’s coming from.

Start with the economy. “I haven’t seen double digit [gains] in my 401(k) since the internet boom of the late ’90s,” she says. “It went up 19.6 percent” in the year before the pandemic. “Look at the stock market,” she says. (Up about 35 percent from four years ago.) “Look at gas prices.” (About the same as what they were when Trump took office, but well below the $3.31 per gallon at the midpoint of the Obama administration.)

“This is everyday stuff that affects me,” she says. “I don’t care about Afghanistan and the Middle East. I care about having a job. I care about having health care through my company. I was out of a job a few years ago. Obamacare priced me out [of private insurance]. It was like, $560 a month. Then Obama’s website blew up. He can’t get the website right?”

Then there’s the pandemic. “Is Trump trying to play it down?” she asks. “Yeah. But when this first started, the news media was saying that millions of people were going to die. And look at it: 200,000, compared to the population.”

What worries her more are the effects of the response to the pandemic in a liberal city like New York. “Crime is in my neighborhood now. There’s a homeless encampment near me that’s growing and growing. They have a living room and a shower curtain and that’s where they go to the bathroom. I have a guy who walks in front of the store every day. In a diaper! And there’s lawlessness coming into the store every day, with an attitude of ‘Who’s gonna stop me?’” Regarding Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York, she adds, “I can’t put into words how inept this guy is.”

The Brett Kavanaugh nomination: “I didn’t believe Christine Blasey Ford for one second. Her lack of recollection; the fact that nobody could [contemporaneously] corroborate her account.”

Trump-Russia: “The Clintons’ fingerprints are all over this. I’m really glad we have Bill Barr as A.G. to look into it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 11:11 PM

Mental illness is rampant in the LGBTQ community, as it is elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 8:02 PM

I’d bet a lot of money that Brett made most of this up, or highly exaggerated a lot of it. The quotes sound like his quotes.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 8:04 PM

Chris, I hope your cunt falls off.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 8:12 PM

I noted that there was no mention of a wife, children or family of any kind.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 8:15 PM

I thought this was a disgusting column. Probably invented. I think he, like other Repubs, hates Trump but secretly hopes he wins, because they'd love to see Roe v Wade overturned and other right wing issues enhanced. Megan McCain is another one. he ascribes his own feelings to "Chris."

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 8:27 PM

She's right about Mayor de Blasio being inept.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 8:28 PM

She's probably a straight man identifying as an old lesbian. You. Can. Never. Tell. Now-a-days.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 8:39 PM

Great.

I can find you a ton of lezzies and straight people voting for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote] The Brett Kavanaugh nomination: “I didn’t believe Christine Blasey Ford for one second. Her lack of recollection; the fact that nobody could [contemporaneously] corroborate her account.”

This is a lie, it was corroborated by her therapist and husband. So, dyke is dumb or paid liar....

[quote] Trump-Russia: “The Clintons’ fingerprints are all over this. I’m really glad we have Bill Barr as A.G. to look into it.”

No regular schmoo off the street talks this way. "Dyke" (she doesn't exist) is a paid liar....

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 8:48 PM

Op is dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 8:48 PM

Wow, she hits all the GOP conspiracy theory greatest hits

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote] Trump-Russia: “The Clintons’ fingerprints are all over this. I’m really glad we have Bill Barr as A.G. to look into it.”

Um, the GOP-led Senate Report verified the Trump-Russia links.

Are the Clintons controlling the GOP too? Ohh, such power

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 8:50 PM

Poor lady. Her 401K is doing well, because Trump is borrowing $1 trillion a year to keep the economy afloat.

I hope she doesn't expect to retire soon because the stock market wont stay that way for long.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 8:52 PM

Per the article, Bret asks: If the Democratic Party and its allies can’t hold on to a voter like Chris, who else might they be losing?

Basically he's accusing the Dem Party of losing literally crazy people. She went from one extreme (voting for Sanders) to the other (voting for Trump). She believes crazy conspiracy theories. She doesn't think through most of her political stances at all.

Just nuts

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 8:56 PM

She doesn't exist. No one talks like that. And even if she was glad about the economy and didn't care about the Middle East, the bit about being glad Barr was AG is too much.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 9:00 PM

Do columnists have to have their work vetted as reporters do? Meaning do they have to verify that Chris exists?

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2020 11:04 PM

She was a Bernie supporter. She was never really a Dem supporter

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 11:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!