Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Parrots in wildlife park moved after swearing at visitors

Parrots in wildlife park moved after swearing at visitors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote]"I get called a fat t**t every time I walk past," Nichols complained.

Well, we know which parrot is a DLer.

BTW- what is a t**t?

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 7:15 PM

Is tart a curse word in London? Maybe it was supposed to be c** t? Idk...

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 7:17 PM

Could be twat not tart.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 7:22 PM

Have some of you never heard of a TWAT? It’s where we all came from, after all.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 8:11 PM

I wasn't there. Maybe those people deserved it

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 8:16 PM

Now this is a bird I'd happily take care of.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 8:18 PM

People shouldn’t be adapting parrots. They’re a lot of work, similar to a toddler but a toddler that can swear like a sailor. I have a small bird that was given to me by someone that couldn’t keep her, and I’m a good pet owner. But most people wouldn’t be able to do it. Mine only likes me and a few other hand picked humans and despises everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 8:31 PM

My friend had a parrot that kept stealing socks off washing lines in the neighborhood. He used to drag and them home then try and shag them. He was a high maintenance drama queen as well. Funniest bird ever.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 8:39 PM

A friend kept trying to train his hag's parrot to swear whenever she wasn't in the room. Didn't work until months later "Fuck you, Marianne" seemed to be all the bird wanted to say

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 8:43 PM

My neighbors keep a very large parrot on their front porch - he has a huge cage that they leave open and he hangs out on the outside of it. He makes rude comments, usually swearing, at people who walk by and it is endlessly entertaining to me.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 8:58 PM

These birds are hilarious. They amuse the way they change their voices depending on whomever taught them a specific expression.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 9:05 PM

"whomever taught them a specific expression"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 9:23 PM

Give me points for trying, svp. I'm Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 9:30 PM

Years ago, in college, I worked at a pet store. The parrots were so much fun. Highly intelligent creatures.

I was taught how to clip a bird’s wing so it can’t fully fly, but can glide safely. You have to be careful when you’re clipping, or you can hurt the bird. Someone brought their African Grey in, and the manager training me gently laid the bird on its back. I extended a wing, opened the scissors, and suddenly the fucking bird screamed, “Jesus, she’s trying to kill me!!! I nearly peed my pants, the voice was so human. I couldn’t continue after that. Someone else had to finish.

The bird’s owner just laughed and said, “My husband says that all the time!”

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 9:33 PM

A guy I dated years ago had a Cockatoo that was great fun. Every night about 10 PM he'd shout "Go to bed! GO TO BED!"

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!