Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who is your favorite superhero and why?

I'm going with Batman. Probably because that old 60s show was on everyday after school when I was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2020 6:39 PM

Dr Strange. Was he gay? He lived in a walkup in Greenwich Village.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 2:25 PM

60s Batman got me into ropes and crotch-chasing blades. Kinky shit.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 2:37 PM

Iron Man because he created his own powers using his brains and determination under extremely adverse conditions, unlike Captain America who basically took super steroids.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 2:48 PM

Gimme gimme gimme an X-Man after midnight.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 3:37 PM

Superman because of his morality. (Seriously.)

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 3:37 PM

Iceman is gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 3:43 PM

Superman, because he's an outsider, and an orphan, and he's misunderstood and the world can't know his true identity. He has all that power but can't be really happy or himself. He has a type of humanity people can relate to.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 3:45 PM

The Bionic Woman, at least she doesn't have to wear some stupid costumes while helping people.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 4:01 PM

I always hated Batman because he wasn't actually "super" - just a rich man with a bad attitude. I prefer my heroes to have powers, like the X-Men.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 4:12 PM

Black Canary, because she is one of the best fighters in the DC Universe, a great leader, but also has the most "heart" of the Justice League. And she has that awesome Canary Cry-and she looks fantastic.

(This is for the comics version, not the multiple botched attempts to portray her on The CW.)

In terms of powers I would like to have--Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four. Not only can she turn invisible, her force field powers are awesome.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote] I prefer my heroes to have powers, like the X-Men.

R9 = Trump

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 4:32 PM

Why, R11? I would think Trump would view a rich guy with a bad attitude as the ultimate hero, given that he is one.

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 4:46 PM

I always like Atom. He was a minor DC character. He could shrink himself down to the molecular level, which doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 4:49 PM

Batman has powers. He's athletics and smart and that utility belt and bat vehicles and bat toys are freaking awesome.

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 4:50 PM

R12 I think R11 was alluding to Trump's statement re John Mccain "I prefer my heroes to not have been captured"

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 5:02 PM

Growing up my major DC super hero fav was Hal Jordan (a.k.a. Green Lantern 2). He could do just about anything with his ring (he used it to become an emerald giant went he faced Grodd's 5 member SSSV, heal others & of coursed fly super fast into space). They also had to be fearless to keep the ring.

My Marvel one was the Hulk. A strong gigantic simpleton that valued friendship above all else & avoided the general public whenever he could. A true DL icon.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2020 5:17 PM

Robin for his short shorts and his general sass.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 5:20 PM

Wonder Woman, with her invisible jet & lasso of truth

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2020 5:20 PM

Black Canary when I was growing up in the 70s. She was fierce and I loved her look of fishnet stockings, bustier, choker, and blonde wig.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2020 6:25 PM

Wonder Woman, because I'm gay and Lynda Carter.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2020 6:29 PM

Superman.

But my favorite Earthling who becomes "super" is Adam Strange.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2020 6:34 PM

I prefer DC and really didn't like Marvel, except for Spiderman and the Fantastic Four. They were the ones who seemed the most like DC heroes.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2020 6:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!