Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That gurl, The Queen, is mighty angry!!

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 3, 2020 3:08 PM

The Sandringham staff has a point, but I still feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2020 10:41 AM

another comment

"Maybe the Markles can come by and replace the staff."

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2020 10:41 AM

She could always spend Christmas in Australia or New Zealand if she is worried about COVID.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2020 10:46 AM

Does this mean she has to go into the kitchen and microwave her own frozen Christmas dinner?

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2020 10:47 AM

[quote]Who does she think she is ?

There's a well known story of Elizabeth, after becoming Queen, attending one of those Royal Variety charity performances with her family, including The Queen Mum in the next box. Elizabeth was chatting away during somebody's performance and TQM leaned over the box railing and hissed "Elizabeth! Who do you think you are!"

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2020 10:51 AM

Heard a story about a Royal Command Performance.

During the performance Prince Philip commented to HM and said 'You commanded this?' - apparently he did not like the show.

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2020 10:54 AM

LOL R4, I guess it's gonna be this Betty and Phillip this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2020 10:55 AM

Private Eye reported in the most recent issue that Phil was getting increasingly pissed in Scotland because he couldn't be alone, and told Liz he was leaving for Sandringham, leaving her no choice but to follow. Eye notes:

[quote]The only upside was not being obliged to have Boris Johnson up for the weekend

Apparently there's plans for an autumn relaunch for Liz, leading up to Remembrance Sunday which she's determined to attend no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2020 11:01 AM

That's three meals covered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2020 11:01 AM

Just set her down in front of this, and then she can cook for herself this Christmas. I'm sure there's a copy of the booklet in the royal library.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2020 11:10 AM

Brilliant idea r2. And they can sneak in the camcorder at the same time. $$$$$

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2020 11:16 AM

Camcorder will record Q sitting in bed Xmas morning moaning about no staff to serve supper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2020 11:20 AM

She'll be reduced to spending Christmas drinking egg nog and bourbon with Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2020 11:25 AM

"Furious" is quite mild for HM...just a half step up from "cranky." When she's well and truly miffed, HM is "incandescent with rage."

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2020 11:44 AM

She notoriously underpays staff. They should all leave her stranded. Let her go shop at Tesco. Or better yet, roll out the guillotine.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 11:53 AM

Harry and Megs will be sending over some Christmas cheer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2020 12:09 PM

The old gal and her family should keep their asses at Buckingham Palace until the pandemic is over. Why should they continue to enjoy freedom of movement that they expect everyone else to give up.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2020 12:24 PM

Is she required to wear a facemask?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2020 12:33 PM

I wouldn't even bother being the bloody queen if a bunch of domestics could tell me 'No.' Ungrateful peasants.

Come January 1, Sandringham would have an entirely new staff.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2020 12:39 PM

[quote]"Who does she think she is?"

The Queen of the Fucking United Kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2020 12:42 PM

This bitch can’t do anything for herself.

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2020 12:42 PM

The Royal Family has the attitude that anyone who works for them should be proud to work there for crap wages and that once they leave they'll be able to parlay their time in Royal service into much more lucrative gigs. That may work for the higher ups, but I doubt the laundry and scullery maids at Buckingham Palace go on to big money positions after they leave Royal service.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2020 12:44 PM

Everyone talks about how children are handling the pandemic, but I especially feel bad for old people. They don't have much time left and as the most vulnerable to coronavirus, are being asked to essentially stop trying to live a full life. I've witnessed firsthand how quickly elderly people can deteriorate when their routines and passions are upended.

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2020 12:49 PM

The Queen is elderly but let's not pretend it's the same situation as Granny in The Home.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2020 12:53 PM

The way COVID is ripping through the UK she and Philip will probably be dead by Christmas anyway.

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2020 1:21 PM

Oh, to be "forced" to spend the holidays in a historic castle with a small cadre of servants. I condole you, Betty.

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2020 1:26 PM

This seems like Trump-level insensitivity if these reports are true

by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2020 1:51 PM

[quote]The way COVID is ripping through the UK she and Philip will probably be dead by Christmas anyway.

Dear God - not BOTH OF THEM. DL will be nothing else for weeks. Twice when they've been sick DL went insane, once her, once him....actually both times it was around Christmas, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 28September 29, 2020 1:51 PM

That's right, R27. Those fucking peasants should get back to work and be grateful they have a job!

by Anonymousreply 29September 29, 2020 1:52 PM

It's so funny the way you all think the made-up nonsense of the Daily Mail is actually true. They have no idea what the Queen is thinking. She won't say what's on her mind to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 30September 29, 2020 3:11 PM

The Mail has ever been used as a conduit for Royal gossip. Someone wants this story, or a version of it, out there.

Broadly in favour of Liz, but if there's any truth in this I feel not one pang of sympathy. Team staff here. QE2 had the grandest Christmases imaginable for decades, and if she now needs to pare down, too bad. So do her subjects, despite what PM Johnson keeps dangling before us like some pseudo-Dickensian paterfamilias.

by Anonymousreply 31September 29, 2020 3:31 PM

And who might that "someone" be? Certainly not the Queen. See, the editors of these rags aren't journalists. They're shitty pulp novelists. "OK, we've had enough shit about now everyone loves the Queen. Let's publish some shit about her." "OK everyone's tired of hating Megyn Markle, let's make up some shit about how she feeds hungry orphans in LA." It's all total lies and dumm dumms like the queens on the DL lap it up. And OPINE about it.

by Anonymousreply 32September 29, 2020 3:40 PM

Another planted story by Meghan's flying monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2020 3:41 PM

Please, it's a well known gag when they use that "Queen Furious" headline. Like anyone knows what she thinks. And she is notoriously frugal.

Given the state of her family she would likely prefer a simple dinner in front of the TV

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2020 4:19 PM

Now I'm picturing Her Royal Majesty eating her Hungry Man dinner off of a fake parquet aluminum TV tray while the Three's Company theme wafts from her RCA Electravision.

by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2020 4:23 PM

She can’t come here.

by Anonymousreply 36September 29, 2020 4:31 PM

[quote]"Who does she think she is?"

LOL

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2020 4:37 PM

Why the fuck can't she make her own dinner? dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 38September 29, 2020 4:42 PM

R33 - R32 is 100% correct. The Daily Fail, especially the Daily Fail online, has one goal and one goal only: to make as muck money as the possibly can as fast as they can. People writing for the Daily Fail write what they are told to write or they do not have jobs. Throwing mud and BS against the wall to see what sticks pays very well at the Daily Fail for those that get a byline.

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2020 4:44 PM

"Daily Fail"

Are you spastic?

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2020 4:48 PM

I assume every single person in the UK including the Queen knows how to make bangers and mash.

by Anonymousreply 41September 29, 2020 4:49 PM

I can assure you that no one on the inside would tell the tabloids she is "furious" even if she is, which I highly doubt she is . The Queen is many things, but a spoiled petulant bitch is not one of them. Just more bullshit from the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 42September 29, 2020 4:53 PM

Her Majesty is mighty angry? Incandescent? What does that look like?

She’s sat at dinner with practically every president, monarch, despot and Prime Minister, has essentially been sacked by some countries, has been shot at while riding side-saddle and has even managed to make small talk with Orange It without trying to strangle him.

She’s the most buttoned-up, repressed person on the planet, and the press are always trying to work out what she thinks. I doubt she is going to start making it obvious to them now, in her nineties.

by Anonymousreply 43September 29, 2020 4:56 PM

[quote]But the group – said to involve cleaners, laundry and maintenance workers - are believed to have mutinied because they are unwilling to isolate from loved ones for four weeks. Staff were being asked to stay for the month-long period so they could remain in a Covid bubble to protect the 94-year-old monarch. The uprising means the Queen could be forced to spend Christmas at Windsor Castle for the first time in 33 years.

So the staff at Windsor don't care? What if they rebel? What then?

by Anonymousreply 44September 29, 2020 4:56 PM

R44, if plans fall through at Windsor, she’ll be popping over to California for Christmas lunch with Haz and Megz and a camera crew from Netflix.

What do Americans eat at Christmas anyway?

by Anonymousreply 45September 29, 2020 4:59 PM

Elizabeth IS Great Britain.

When you let the queen down, you let the UK down.

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2020 5:00 PM

[quote]What do Americans eat at Christmas anyway?

The same shit minus the Christmas pud.

She could stop at M&S on the way to the airport and pick one up PLUS tea bags of course.

by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2020 5:02 PM

I adore the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 48September 29, 2020 5:06 PM

Please, her team can't get a small number of devotees together who are willing to do this? Her homes always have staff even when she's not there so I doubt it would be difficult.

And as someone pointed out, HM out of all her family is the least spoiled and entitled, I doubt she's demanded anything in her life.

by Anonymousreply 49September 29, 2020 5:12 PM

She has demanded that she not be served tomato sauce at official functions. She ends up putting a plate of spaghetti or raviolis upside down on her head and it looks a mess.

by Anonymousreply 50September 29, 2020 5:18 PM

It will all come together for her, the press likely heard through the grapevine about a dissatisfied staffer, and blew the story up to sell papers.

by Anonymousreply 51September 29, 2020 5:18 PM

[quote]What do Americans eat at Christmas anyway?

[quote]The same shit minus the Christmas pud.

And minus the Brussels sprouts.

by Anonymousreply 52September 29, 2020 5:25 PM

[quote]I doubt she's demanded anything in her life.

That cannot be true. I've no problem believing that Big Liz can crack a whip with the best of them. But she would not do it capriciously. Nor would she ever over-indulge. Setting a boundary and enforcing it would be right up her royal alley.

by Anonymousreply 53September 29, 2020 5:31 PM

R53 I agree, that's what I meant, she doesn't send demands, she has enough confidence in her authority to politely let it be known what she wants.

I have no doubt she will say to the correct person if something needs to be changed or has displeased her.

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2020 5:42 PM

Remember this frosty exchange with Annie Leibovitz?

[quote]“I think it will look better without the crown,” the photographer told the Queen. “[…] Could we try without the crown? It will look better… less dressy. Because the garter robe is so…”

[quote]But before Leibovitz could finish her sentence, the Queen cut her off.

[quote]“Less dressy?” the Queen replied with annoyance in her voice and on her face. “What do you think this is?…”

Our gurl has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2020 6:02 PM

[quote]“Less dressy?” the Queen replied with annoyance in her voice and on her face. “What do you think this is?…”

Was that recorded?

by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2020 6:07 PM

I think you can google the exact clip

by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2020 6:08 PM

yes, here it is >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 29, 2020 6:10 PM

I like the fact that she treats the setting, the robes, jewels and celebs as flummery and would obviously much rather be having a picnic in the rain at Balmoral.

by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2020 8:37 PM

When she hosted the Dumps at Buck Palace I lost all respect for her. Cozying up to Nazis isn’t a good look. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2020 8:59 PM

R60 she was forced to do that for the greater good of the fabled American-British friendship. Since the idiots voted us out of Europe it was a necessary evil.

by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2020 9:28 PM

She should go anyway. Those who have a problem with it can find new jobs.

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2020 9:44 PM

R61 no one forces the old bat to do anything. She could’ve gotten ill at the last minute if needed an out. But no, there are pictures of her with him, just like there are pictures of Edward and Wallis with Hitler. Again, fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 63September 30, 2020 11:35 AM

Let them eat cake!

by Anonymousreply 64September 30, 2020 1:18 PM

Mention weird thing royals are involved in — Check

Bring in Meghan even though she isn’t involved — Check

Construct crass involvement in thing she’s not actually involved in — Check

Sneer at her for doing thing you’ve pretended she’s done — Check

by Anonymousreply 65September 30, 2020 1:31 PM

She's had Annie take tons of portraits of her so she must like her on some level.

by Anonymousreply 66September 30, 2020 9:10 PM

Oh my gawd! The Queen needs to send someone up to pack her Xmas decorations and bring them back to London, where all her covid appropriate staff already are working. Sorry, this year you have to stay home, Your Royal Bitchiness! It's a pandemic.

If the London staff is usually on break but now required to work round the clock through the weeks of holidaze, that's on them to negotiate more pay/time off or revolt, just as the country staff did.

by Anonymousreply 67September 30, 2020 11:33 PM

It's funny how many go out of their way to imagine the nasty palace courtiers doing all of these things and leaking all of these stories without the Queen's knowledge or care. On one hand they seem to think she's this dottering sweet grandma and on the other hand she IS ENGLAND and has RULED WISELY for her five hundred years on the throne.

Clearly the palace leaks happen with her consent or she could have used her vast wisdom to put an end to it.

Also keep in mind her sons and how they turned out.

by Anonymousreply 68October 1, 2020 5:57 AM

[quote]Also keep in mind her sons and how they turned out.

They all turned out very differently.

by Anonymousreply 69October 1, 2020 6:10 AM

Fire them all. Or dismiss them for the month and take her own staff with her.

by Anonymousreply 70October 1, 2020 6:14 AM

Why should they be fired. You don't lose your rights just because you work for the Brf. Unless it is written into their working contract they don't have to remove themselves for a month from their families. They might have dependents and no other family to take care of them. They might have other obligations.

by Anonymousreply 71October 1, 2020 7:33 AM

" Incandescent? What does that look like?"

This reminds me of a joke: "After reading so many reviews declaring Cate Blanchett's performances 'incandescent', the Sydney Theatre Company is replacing her with a more energy efficient actress."

by Anonymousreply 72October 1, 2020 9:10 AM

R70---I am certain London staff doesn't know fuck all about running her country houses. Where stuff is, who people are, what's in the kitchen, what needs to be ordered and from whom to order... If one set of people could do all the work, she'd drag them with her wherever she goes and not have staff for each location. Likewise, the country house people wouldn't know how to run the London palace and home.

by Anonymousreply 73October 1, 2020 10:08 AM

(63) The Queen's entire life consists of doing things she doesn't necessarily want to do, you idiot. Do you think she enjoys running around cutting ribbons, and having boring receptions for a bunch of people she'd rather not even mix with? It's her job and her duty and she does it flawlessly. When do you see photos of her swanning about on yachts and taking glamorous vacations? Why do you suppose Meghan flew the coop? When faced with the reality of the utter tedium of Royal life, she totally bailed.

by Anonymousreply 74October 1, 2020 11:12 AM

Sandringham staff, you in danguh, girls!

by Anonymousreply 75October 1, 2020 1:49 PM

Such disrespect for the Queen. You are all peasants.

by Anonymousreply 76October 1, 2020 2:18 PM

She's had her Christmases at Sandringham since she was a child. Old people are very attached to their routines. I'm sure she is a bit put out about not being able to go to Sandringham, but I also doubt she'll make much of a fuss about it. This woman lived through WWII.

by Anonymousreply 77October 1, 2020 4:43 PM

I heard that the family is THRILLED not to have to put up with another boring Xmas in that cold, drafty old house of hers. Being bored to tears doing old lady things.

by Anonymousreply 78October 1, 2020 4:46 PM

But what about Prince Alberts's huge Christmas tree tradition?

by Anonymousreply 79October 1, 2020 5:02 PM

Windsor Castle is the queen's favourite home, she'll be thrilled to spend Christmas there away from her revolting family.

by Anonymousreply 80October 1, 2020 5:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel used her race card to purposely convince the countries that recently left the Commonwealth due to racial issues and desire for independence just to spite Elizabeth in a petty lame ass attempt to diminish her power, rule and influence.

by Anonymousreply 81October 1, 2020 5:48 PM

Yes, I'm sure an ex-model/actress is the mastermind behind heads of state or entire voting populaces making major decisions about the futures of their countries.

by Anonymousreply 82October 1, 2020 7:42 PM

Will Harry, Meghan and Archie go home for Christmas and join the Queen? What a gift that would be for the BRF! One that would be filled with the Christmas spirit.

by Anonymousreply 83October 1, 2020 7:46 PM

Fuck Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 84October 2, 2020 12:04 PM

and fuck children too!

by Anonymousreply 85October 2, 2020 5:57 PM

Or as Vairst Letty says;”end fock cheeldrens alzo”

by Anonymousreply 86October 2, 2020 6:00 PM

The National Enquirer is on top of the situation with the latest revelations:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 3, 2020 3:31 AM

R87 Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 88October 3, 2020 4:06 AM

Sandringham is her private property so safe to assume staff can be fired at will.

by Anonymousreply 89October 3, 2020 4:39 AM

There's only one way to fix poor Lilibet's plight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 3, 2020 6:54 AM

The Enquirer cover at R87 makes me so feel so optimistic. It hope her divorce goes through quickly and that her next marriage produces an adorable honeymoon baby.

by Anonymousreply 91October 3, 2020 8:09 AM

Will she have to order Phillip's execution on the Tower Green? Isn't committing adultery when married to the monarch treason?

by Anonymousreply 92October 3, 2020 11:29 AM

Phillip cheating? With whom??

by Anonymousreply 93October 3, 2020 12:12 PM

R92 I think historically it's only treason if the woman cheats, as she could conceive an illegitimate heir.

by Anonymousreply 94October 3, 2020 3:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!